Author Topic: Just commodities  (Read 136922 times)

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Hero
Re: Just commodities
« Reply #960 on: July 18, 2022, 02:01:12 PM »
Pat, can you explain to me why I should give a fook about this? PLEASE explain it to me because you are obsessed with this

I read about the current crisis in Sri Lanka and one in Ghana. People will likely starve. So I looked into why.
Some MSM blame the "China debt trap." I looked into that. Propaganda like most. I would not put anything past the Chinese but this is not true for Sri Lanka. I recall there was some previous port they foreclosed on or took over some long term lease.

The MSM will not blame IMF, WB, or green policies.

I spent very little time on Sri Lanka or IMF or world bank. I recall that IMF and WB operate in tandem to strip countries of wealth and screw the populace.  Leaders chasing SGE scores and IMF and WB forcing green policies is another big reason for the coming disaster. I get obsessed with other issues but not this one.
When the law becomes a ruse, lawlessness becomes legitimate. -unknown

Online paulh

• Established Member
« Reply #961 on: July 18, 2022, 02:06:38 PM »
I've mentioned this to you before, you need a good woman  ::thumbsup::

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #962 on: July 18, 2022, 03:17:36 PM »

Sad but true.

I HAVE long been very interested in "alternative" energy sources.
Decades ago I noted that some people think electricity comes from a wall socket, gasoline comes from a gas station, and food comes the grocery store.

Now I watch in disbelief as leaders sign on to a green or anti Russian suicide pact for their citizens.
I am watching lemmings run over the cliff.
EU leaders are going to watch their citizens freeze in the dark to harm Putin.
We all know about Biden and Dems destroying US energy.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #963 on: July 19, 2022, 08:14:48 AM »

;D

Or, "good-ish"... 

Don't limit yourself too much.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #964 on: July 19, 2022, 08:31:56 AM »

Sad but true.

I HAVE long been very interested in "alternative" energy sources.
Decades ago I noted that some people think electricity comes from a wall socket, gasoline comes from a gas station, and food comes the grocery store.

Now I watch in disbelief as leaders sign on to a green or anti Russian suicide pact for their citizens.
I am watching lemmings run over the cliff.
EU leaders are going to watch their citizens freeze in the dark to harm Putin.
We all know about Biden and Dems destroying US energy.

I think the time is well past we demonize their alternative BS (caveat-I am not opposed to private citizens from employing any of it, I speak from a national policy perspective) and I've tried to do my part wherever and whenever possible.

This is timely to the topic - https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/climate-change-dictates-are-self-destructive-also-part-bigger-agenda -

Their Agenda 21 crap boils down to this self-admission by these inhuman despots - "The real enemy then is humanity itself".  NONE of their doomsday predictions since going down this psychotic path has ever nor shall ever become true...we on the other hand have mountains of evidence of their lies, bogus sun-denying pseudo-science and visible tangible destruction of industries, livelihoods and lives before us all across the globe.  They see cold, immobile staving and dying people as a necessary element...do you?

That there are not hundreds of Sri Lanka's occurring now is an indictment of how dull human minds have become...people used to have a voice in what their leaders do, now these dumb animals just believe in lies and do what they are told...

That always ends in genocide...

PS - Interestingly, some Sol embracers are looking to replicate that marvel...

https://www.zerohedge.com/energy/investment-nuclear-fusion-exploding

...perhaps survivors will have a new clean energy source after all this bloody madness passes?

***ETA - Looks like maybe Panama is close to popping...

https://twitter.com/KatieDaviscourt/status/1548534377126146050
« Last Edit: July 19, 2022, 09:50:27 AM by Libertas »

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #965 on: July 19, 2022, 12:34:17 PM »
Interesting chart of total gas flows to Europe from Russia.
I am guessing the decrease in Ukraine transit gas is where Kiev shut off the northern pipeline to spite Donbass.

https://t.me/ZradaXXII/7162
??The record of deliveries of gas exports from Russia to China coincides in time with the minimum of fuel exports to Europe.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #966 on: July 20, 2022, 08:05:48 AM »
Euro's had plenty of warning...Trump, us...

Eff 'em.

6. Can Russian gas be diverted elsewhere, if it doesn’t flow to Europe?

Not really. The lack of pipeline connectivity between that particular producing region and alternative buyers has resulted in Russian gas export curtailments being split between domestic storage injections and production shut-ins.

https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/putin-says-russia-will-honor-gas-commitment-flows-will-drop-much-20-capacity

They deserve each other.

https://youtu.be/QFRczUhjhU4

I'd like to see a "deal, deal"...America pulls out of Europe and NATO...in return for a sh*tload of shiny from Russia...

Talk about the longest odds of all time... (sigh)
« Last Edit: July 20, 2022, 09:47:14 AM by Libertas »

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #967 on: July 21, 2022, 08:26:12 AM »
DemoCommie energy policy - willingly become China's bitch:

https://www.redvoicemedia.com/video/2022/07/tucker-were-handing-power-over-our-energy-grid-to-china/

And that Amos clown...dares to claim surrendering American energy to China makes us competitive with China?  This is double-plus clown-world BS!  Only the dumbest animal on the planet nods their head at this crap!!!

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #968 on: July 22, 2022, 10:36:03 AM »
I like to call this "just one of the forced steps on the death march of freedom on the road to Soylent Green"...

H/T-WZ

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #969 on: July 23, 2022, 06:46:18 PM »

Found this in my email. I do not understand this international finance stuff by maybe people like Libertas do.
From Jacob Dreizin. Gloom and doom. In fall of 2021 he predicted massive fertilizer shortage. He says he invested in highly leveraged instruments and made $250K. So maybe he knows something.

https://thedreizinreport.com/2022/07/23/the-discontinuity/
Published by dreizinreport on July 23, 2022
This post is NOT about the ruble, it is about the old “rules” falling apart, which will affect YOU.

The headline picture shows how the ruble did yesterday, Friday, July 22nd. It dropped a bit against the dollar, but not much. A few percent move in a day is not consequential for a “developing country” currency. In principle, it should have dropped as much as 15 percent. Why?

Early (local time) on Friday, Russia’s central bank cut its main rate by 1.5 percent to 8 percent. This is down from 12 percent before “the invasion.” The governing board of Russia’s central bank is trying to weaken the ruble; so far, they have been unsuccessful. They need it at around 70 to the dollar.

This is a discontinuity—The ruble should fall, but doesn’t. Uncle Sam doesn’t know what to do. All the old expectations about sanctioning a country, didn’t pan out.
[much more at link]

He is sometimes on Rumble. He ditched youtube.
He misspells thing like vaccine and covid to avoid some google problems or something.
Maybe adword problems.

https://rumble.com/c/c-1658445
https://rumble.com/v1clo1d-corona-censors-reawaken-microchips-ukraine-rocket-war-and-escalation.html
also
https://thedreizinreport.com/2021/11/16/the-famine-year-approaches/
 The Famine Year Approaches
Published by dreizinreport on November 16, 2021

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #970 on: July 27, 2022, 09:30:19 AM »
It's a bit of a choppy read, hurts a bit to read that stuff...but I think what it shows is that since the West cut off transactions with Russia they basically isolated them and Russia did the expected - officially declare the acts stupid and counter-productive and quietly embraced the isolation by priming internally...and then visibly tighten ties with the rest of the (mostly legit) pariahs...

In short, when you cut someone off, it's practically impossible to affect their currency directly...

You are forced to nibble at their revenue stream...and that limits your effectiveness.  Now, even an idiot can see the wisdom of doing nothing while your enemy slits its own throat...

Posted to the moon and back on the destructive actions taken, especially by this illegitimate Obama-hand-up-Biden's-butt government...

We said this reckless spending on BS and boomerang sanctions would kick our ass and drive inflation...it has and continues to do so.  We said this malicious hostility to our energy indpendence would make us weaker and more hostage to unfriendly foreign suppliers and keep costs high...it has and continues to do so.  In fact, selling SPR is bad enough...but selling to Communist China is a not too subtle FU to sensible citizens.  The damage done to lives, livelihoods and industries and production and distribution is being amplified by the civil war being raged upon citizens by this illegitimate government in the blasphemous names of ecology, transition and reset.  Food production and distribution is being systematically destroyed...farmers not bribed into destroying crops and livestock are resorting to old ways like using manure to fertilize fields and pasture to feed animals vs buying expensive feed.

The mean to break and enslave us.  Russia, ESG & political enemies are the means to their dark end...

Resist.  Resist it all.

ETA - See this?

https://westernrifleshooters.us/2022/07/26/9-11-franchise-reboot-betcherass-the-usg-is-going-to-nuke-nyc/

Sounds like inside info certain an attack is immanent, eh?

Heck,  The Old Gray Hag is prepping people for the food of the Democommie future - people!

Yeah...these psychos are totally filled with demonic evil!  If one cannot understand why this trash needs to be fought...they are hopeless...and only a help to the wicked.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2022, 09:41:34 AM by Libertas »

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #971 on: July 27, 2022, 09:59:27 AM »
More bad news on the fertilizer front...

https://www.zerohedge.com/commodities/basf-prepares-slash-ammonia-production-germany-amid-worsening-natgas-crunch

...courtesy of the intentional war on energy.

And...something to keep in mind when the shat hits the fan -

"The last thing I'm going to do is take a free tri-tip sandwich from a right-wing extremist group,"

Respect their hatred, accept their terms...

Meanwhile...the crazy spread continues...Ag is a good buy if you can get it...

https://www.zerohedge.com/commodities/goldsilver-ratio-highest-1990s-recession

...a snap-back in the ratio could happen, given the other craziness being perpetrated...

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #972 on: August 01, 2022, 09:27:51 AM »
The Ag:Au ratio is bullcrap and going to snap...brother & sister bought more Ag, good move.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #973 on: August 11, 2022, 12:13:15 PM »
Another for the list...

A fire completely destroyed a building at Pendleton Flour Mills in Eastern Oregon on Wednesday.

Officials said that a small fire that started on Tuesday afternoon and reignited early Wednesday morning caused the Pendleton Flour Mills to go up in flames.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2022/08/devastating-fire-completely-destroyed-pendleton-flour-mills-oregon/

So, they knew about the first...great "fire watch" guys...

::)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #974 on: August 11, 2022, 02:34:24 PM »
Another for the list...

A fire completely destroyed a building at Pendleton Flour Mills in Eastern Oregon on Wednesday.

Officials said that a small fire that started on Tuesday afternoon and reignited early Wednesday morning caused the Pendleton Flour Mills to go up in flames.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2022/08/devastating-fire-completely-destroyed-pendleton-flour-mills-oregon/

So, they knew about the first...great "fire watch" guys...

::)

Yeah, idiots.  Flour is highly flammable!
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #975 on: August 17, 2022, 09:08:46 PM »

I do not understand a word of this but remember something about a rigged gold market.
I heard that the fed screamed bloody murder about disconnecting Russia from SWIFT and seizing their sovereign wealth in the US because it would harm the US. Now this.

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2022-08-15/russia-proposes-new-standard-compete-rigged-london-bullion-market-association-lbma
Russia Proposes New Standard To Compete With RIGGED London Bullion Market Association (LBMA)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #976 on: August 18, 2022, 08:13:32 AM »

I do not understand a word of this but remember something about a rigged gold market.
I heard that the fed screamed bloody murder about disconnecting Russia from SWIFT and seizing their sovereign wealth in the US because it would harm the US. Now this.

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2022-08-15/russia-proposes-new-standard-compete-rigged-london-bullion-market-association-lbma
Russia Proposes New Standard To Compete With RIGGED London Bullion Market Association (LBMA)

This is nothing particularly new, just more relevant given the fracturing of the entire globe...

All you need to know is this - "It aims to swiftly destroy the monopoly of LBMA" and it's related two-fer benefit of excluding "the dollar, the euro and the pound from the system of international settlements, starting with precious metals but not necessarily stopping there."

We'll see how well they do in their new club....even if they resist non-physical trading (paper) it does not mean they are immune from gaming their game.  Fixing PM values to commodities and any currency or basket of currencies is why.  ALL nation's central banks play games with their fiat...ALL, it can and never will be completely devoid of machinations...commodities are nominally subject to supply and demand pressures, but as we all know those can be manipulated easily as well...and since the club members producing PM's are going to be the governing board, well...do I even have to say it?

For example, say you are on a sleepy little river border town...things are as they've always been...then, the folks on the other side of the river decided to consolidate their shops and stores into a cost sharing and price sharing cooperative...their prices for basic goods (food, clothes, gas) will slightly undercut their neighbors on the other side of the river...while their returns on investments (bank interest, PM values etc) will be a premium over their counterparts...while the folks on the old side of the river are prevented from crossing the bridge...and conversely any goods or services once provided to them are no longer coming.  The practical effect of the price/value side is null by itself, the isolationism by their cross river rivals though may impact prices and values on their side...and the cooperative town will be hoping envy and jealousy reform old towns leadership.  But history seldom breaks that way...people don't like ceding power...and people always find stealing easier than hard work...old town and coop city will be engaged in war.

So it all is just another mile marker on the road war?  Yup.

Move along, not much else to see here...

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #977 on: August 18, 2022, 09:12:36 AM »

I never understood finance the way you are able to. It is too circular for me perhaps.
I understand physical reality and observe that free trade is destructive just by observing China and the US.
Sanctions served as protective tariffs and capital controls for Russia which helped Russia so far.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #978 on: August 18, 2022, 12:04:22 PM »

I never understood finance the way you are able to. It is too circular for me perhaps.
I understand physical reality and observe that free trade is destructive just by observing China and the US.
Sanctions served as protective tariffs and capital controls for Russia which helped Russia so far.

That's not free trade, that's tilted trade that crony capitalists back here glommed onto as a means to enhance profits...and sacrificing American manufacturing and natural resources to foreign interests and rewarding get-along consumers with cheap products...

The Trump policies were leveling that...

Now, all is turned back to sh!t...

As for sanctions...they've always been for show, and used to be all bark no bite...now the waters are so poisoned by everybody's selfishness it doesn't really matter who does what now...gravity and mass are in control now...

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #979 on: September 09, 2022, 08:56:28 AM »
The elites plan for feeding the peasants that refuse to die off...

H/T-WRSA@GAB

Umm, no. 

::doublebird::