Author Topic: Just commodities  (Read 136975 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Just commodities
« Reply #1060 on: March 08, 2023, 10:15:04 AM »
Interesting feed results...

https://www.naturalnews.com/2023-03-07-natural-news-releases-lab-results-of-tractor-supply-producers-pride-chicken-feed.html

Makes sense to rotate your feed, and be mindful of heavy metals in organic...

And then more disturbing news of the they're-trying-to-kill-us variety...

https://wsvn.com/news/investigations/new-study-reveals-uf-scientists-found-pfas-forever-chemicals-in-toilet-paper-wastewater/

::outrage::

All these  ::cussing::  eco-imbeciles need to kick the climate cult crap and wake up and smell the contamination!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #1061 on: March 09, 2023, 09:21:59 AM »
https://www.zerohedge.com/energy/end-oil-america-biden-may-reject-alaska-oil-project

FJB!  Eff DemoScum and eff every ESG climate cultist fool!

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #1062 on: March 10, 2023, 01:25:44 PM »
https://www.zerohedge.com/commodities/two-former-merrill-traders-sentenced-one-year-prison-precious-metal-manipulation

Yeah...throw a couple under the bus...so the rest can continue business as usual...

SSDD...

::outrage::

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #1063 on: March 13, 2023, 02:14:40 PM »

H/T-WZ

Got tyranny?  Have you tried the Founders solution?

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #1064 on: March 22, 2023, 09:18:23 AM »
Fed-Treas going full Zimbabwe, statists ending the dollar and private crypto and aiming for CBDC while stagflation mounts (especially the inflation part with all this recent insanity)...

At some point PM's are going to really pop...

https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/schiff-investors-will-bid-gold-when-they-realize-inflation-winning

A decade of fiat frenzy, inflation, cratering production and employment, mounting deficits and failing institutions...(not to mention uprisings, civil unrest and likely wars...)...

Yeah, buying opportunities could be disappearing any time now...

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #1065 on: March 22, 2023, 12:25:22 PM »
Oh, I expect that Comex will keep a lid on for a while more yet.. what is popping is physical gold premiums

I watch gold eagles and junk silver on Apmex.
Gold is holding at $180 premium - no matter what the price does. ( It used to be the premium would come down a bit  if price went up)
Silver is at $13 (when I bought in 2008 it was $0.13)

And vendors are starting to regularly offer prices OVER SPOT to buy -- so spot price is beginning to become meaningless.

This guy  does a more comprehensive job at watching this:
https://didthesystemcollapse.org/

Bottom line, don't watch spot. watch what it take to sell or buy an ounce ..

Also remember this isn't an "investment" - its a hedge.  I see so many peolpe thinking they are going to "get rich"
No, the dollar is going to go to zero. 
There will be some increase due to"money" value if its traded often-- but by an large an oz of gold will buy in 10 years what it buys now, cause goods and resources in a post dollar  will become more scarce  driving prices up.  Some things made locally  may be cheaper relative to gold, but most stuff involving transportation will be far more expensive.

If you have dollar denominated debt get ready to sell bullion at the right time to pay it off.  I am hoping for a gold to dollar price of over 20K...at which point I am paying of the mortgage and the kids student debts.. The problem is if you wait too long - they are likely to simply - by fiat - convert your loans to "new dollars" - probably in CBDC
Oh you have a 300K loan in old dollars, and a salary of 100K in old dollars,  well after CBDC you have a 600k loan in CBDC , but your new job ( if you have one)   will be 50K CBDC. Have fun.
  Banks will  just sell your loan to Black rock and then they will claim they own the property and ask for rent -- and if you don't pay it, your CBDC credit score goes down. Not that it matters a lot -as most people are going to "just squat" in their own homes if they have to , and shoot at any enforcers who think they are serving eviction papers.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #1066 on: March 22, 2023, 12:40:02 PM »
Yah, that silver premium has been that way for years...not sure I recall how many...at least several...like back to 2020.

But I avoid Eagles beause their premiums are always higher than private bullion...i want a store of value, that base value is the gold or silver.  WTF I care if not govt mint?

Most bullion is going for a premium of about $80/oz, about 4.1%.  Get that, skip the Eagles.

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #1067 on: March 22, 2023, 02:24:22 PM »
Yah, that silver premium has been that way for years...not sure I recall how many...at least several...like back to 2020.

But I avoid Eagles beause their premiums are always higher than private bullion...i want a store of value, that base value is the gold or silver.  WTF I care if not govt mint?

Most bullion is going for a premium of about $80/oz, about 4.1%.  Get that, skip the Eagles.

In theroy the mint means you can't trust the rating more . In Argentina no one got better than 18K prices for anything - better to just own 18K chain.
I never bought an Eagle myself-- but premiums used to hang closer to $30 -- and I just started arbitrarily watching that as a measure.

Last few years junk silver has hung around $5-7  --both premiums are at near their highest since I have been watching ( 2008)  and that they are decoupling from SPOT moves is also  a omen that things are changing... and probably not for the better.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #1068 on: March 22, 2023, 04:19:29 PM »

In theroy the mint means you can't trust the rating more . In Argentina no one got better than 18K prices for anything - better to just own 18K chain.
I never bought an Eagle myself-- but premiums used to hang closer to $30 -- and I just started arbitrarily watching that as a measure.

Last few years junk silver has hung around $5-7  --both premiums are at near their highest since I have been watching ( 2008)  and that they are decoupling from SPOT moves is also  a omen that things are changing... and probably not for the better.

Oh yeah...everything is getting sketchy as heck...and once that change hits...it'll be too late for the unwary...

The Au to Ag ratio is still a retarded 85:1...either Au is grossly over-valued (unlikely, if anything under-valued) or Ag is way under-valued (mostly true)...

Going to be wild watching this reality check...

Of course, they'll continue to try and game things...but they cannot hide everything forever...it is getting more silly by the second...

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #1069 on: April 12, 2023, 08:25:27 AM »
https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/gold-tailwinds-rising-it-enters-real-yield-sweet-spot

Should be an interesting year and going into what could be a crazy 2024...assuming nothing critical snaps this year...so many things in flux economically, politically, culturally and war fronts...

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #1070 on: May 08, 2023, 09:11:44 AM »
https://www.zerohedge.com/commodities/central-bank-gold-buying-record-breaking-start-2023-led-singapore

Interesting as always...the usual suspects...sans one - Russia, who shed 6 tons...which heavily Russophile ZH quickly notes is no big deal...but it appears perhaps lower energy sales and/or rising war costs are causing some holdings to be shed...something to keep an eye on...

Also, which one of the usual suspects buying gold would be easy to rob?  Hint - who would be easier to invade and strip clean?

Bonus - who is most likely to commit such an act?

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #1071 on: May 15, 2023, 08:16:31 AM »
https://www.zerohedge.com/commodities/us-natgas-drilling-collapses-fastest-rate-2016

This is good news short-term for consumers getting hammered everywhere else in this planned Kenyan shadow government destruction...but could have downstream carnage in the industry if the greater macroeconomic situation doesn't improve...

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #1072 on: May 15, 2023, 11:47:55 AM »
It's still double what it was before Brandon took over.  But 35c per therm is better than 95c.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #1073 on: May 18, 2023, 12:19:49 PM »
https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/us-preparing-punish-opec

It is the right of free people to freely choose their method of suicide...I will not get in the way of that...

As for the House of Saud, those feckless nomads will whore themselves out to the highest bidder...that is nothing new...seeing them return to the status they enjoyed pre-oil era is their fate...to bad I will not live to see it, but it will come one day...

And the scheme of The Kenyan's puppet may be enjoyable in the short run but it has no legs and invites only more tit for tat crap...but it appears nothing from either direction can stop that now if we are to be realistic...

It's just unfortunate we have to suffer under the demonic control of the America-last/organic-energy-never band of totalitarian assholes...who will only make the suffering of the innocent worse...

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #1074 on: May 18, 2023, 02:45:12 PM »
^^^^^
I thought there must be some limit to US govt stupidity. I was wrong. I am no fan of the Saudis but I live in the real world.

The above threat is to allow US lawsuits against the Saudis. That would mean seizing Saudi wealth which means seizing it where accessible, inside the US! Goodbye petrodollar. The Saudis would be so pissed they would make us pay for their oil in rubles. 
When the law becomes a ruse, lawlessness becomes legitimate. -unknown

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #1075 on: May 18, 2023, 03:47:43 PM »

It is the right of free people to freely choose their method of suicide...I will not get in the way of that...

As for the House of Saud, those feckless nomads will whore themselves out to the highest bidder...that is nothing new...seeing them return to the status they enjoyed pre-oil era is their fate...to bad I will not live to see it, but it will come one day...

And the scheme of The Kenyan's puppet may be enjoyable in the short run but it has no legs and invites only more tit for tat crap...but it appears nothing from either direction can stop that now if we are to be realistic...

It's just unfortunate we have to suffer under the demonic control of the America-last/organic-energy-never band of totalitarian assholes...who will only make the suffering of the innocent worse...

Thanks for calling it organic energy - that "fossil fuel" crap sets my teeth on edge.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #1076 on: May 19, 2023, 07:54:15 AM »
^^^^^
I thought there must be some limit to US govt stupidity. I was wrong. I am no fan of the Saudis but I live in the real world.

The above threat is to allow US lawsuits against the Saudis. That would mean seizing Saudi wealth which means seizing it where accessible, inside the US! Goodbye petrodollar. The Saudis would be so pissed they would make us pay for their oil in rubles.

As far as that goes, the East is doing all it can to do that anyway...

Eventually the Saudi's will fade away back into the sand from whence they came...nobody will even remember who they were...

As for us all we can do is expect to see our illegitimate rulers to make everything worse...

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #1077 on: May 19, 2023, 08:00:37 AM »

Thanks for calling it organic energy - that "fossil fuel" crap sets my teeth on edge.

Me too, it was easily dismissed in years past because it wasn't hijacked into being something evil...it was an erroneous appellation by Getty I think as a marketing thing...and people weren't dumb as scat and easily led by the nose imbeciles like today's modern low-IQ perfect leftist...now, screw them, taking the good name of oil back and the mouth-breathing sheeple can stick it!

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #1078 on: May 25, 2023, 12:32:25 PM »
I think Citi is sending a message...

https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/citigroup-projects-30-silver-next-6-12-months

If gold is at say $2k...

At 50:1 silver would be $40/oz

At 40:1 - $50

At 30:1 - $67

At 25:1 (1971 when Nixon took US off gold standard) - $80

At 20:1 - $100

At 19:1 (geologist estimation of abundance in Earth) - $105

At 16:1 (1834 amended coinage act) - $125

At 15:1 (1792 coinage act) - $133

At 12:1 (Roman Empire average) - $167

At 10:1 (Greece c.300BC) - $200

At 9:1 (Egypt c.2700BC) - $222

At 6:1 (Hammurabi, Babylon Mesopotamia c.1792-1750BC) - $333

At 2.5:1 (Pharaoh Menes c.3200-3000BC) -  $800

The Citi guess at $30 is very modest...true, we are probably towards the higher ratios than the lower in the modern fiat era of highly manipulated everything...but at some point when the illusions of invincibility of unlimited debt, unlimited printing, skewed balance of trade accounts and spending addicted pols marching to DeepState drum beats and endless conflicts, menticide ops and exploitation starting unravelling...it all can unravel...

So the "proper" ration is going to be dependent upon the current situation in terms of perception (what we have now) and reality (what will come)...

For the now I think Citi is understated (possibly up to 30:1)...for the later I think Citi is grossly understated...

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #1079 on: May 25, 2023, 01:01:46 PM »

Me too, it was easily dismissed in years past because it wasn't hijacked into being something evil...it was an erroneous appellation by Getty I think as a marketing thing...and people weren't dumb as scat and easily led by the nose imbeciles like today's modern low-IQ perfect leftist...now, screw them, taking the good name of oil back and the mouth-breathing sheeple can stick it!

Update - Ha ha!  That Saudi ponce and his "big ouch" warning was all BS!  The cartel is NOT cutting production...

https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/oil-tumbles-after-russias-novak-signals-no-new-production-cut-opec

...largely due to Russia revenue needs and the cost of the special military operation still ongoing in Ukraine...