Author Topic: James Woods blasts Obama; says he'll probably never work in Hollywood again  (Read 658 times)

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
I knew James Woods was one of those rare Hollywood conservatives, but it's rarer still for one to be unapologetically strident about it.

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2013/10/10/james-woods-criticizes-obama-says-doesnt-expect-to-find-work-in-hollywood-again

Actor James Woods has been quite vocal with his criticism of President Barack Obama in the wake of the government slimdown, and the “Too Big to Fail” star said, as a result, he now expects to struggle to find work in Hollywood.

Woods has been busy tweeting about the slimdown and the President, focusing in particular on the fact that veterans have been unable to visit war memorials in Washington D.C.

“This President is a true abomination. To have barricaded the WW2 vets, but allow illegal aliens privilege...” Woods tweeted on Oct. 8.

But Woods, 66, was just warming up. The actor also called Obama “just vile. A small, small man.”

That prompted one of his followers to ask if the actor was concerned his political views would affect his ability to find gainful employment in Hollywood.

“Dude, aren't u worried about...u know..ever working again??” the Twitter user asked him.

Woods replied: “I don’t expect to work again. I think Barack Obama is a threat to the integrity and future of the Republic. My country first.”

::thumbsup::

"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
I remember in the aftermath of 9/11/01, Woods coming forth publicly to tell his story of witnessing what he believed in retrospect to be a dry-run for the terrorist attacks. IIRC, about a month before 9/11, Woods contacted the FBI and told them of the incident, and then after 9/11 he was compelled to speak about it.

I've been following him on twitter. He hates Obama like we do.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
I'm thinking that Woods is also a highly intelligent person. I'm thinking that he is mensa level smart. I think I read that somewhere once. Maybe. So that sort of explains it but not really. There are plenty of mensa smart people who are total leftists. I seem to remember that Geena Davis was also a semi-genius and she is a far lefty. So I guess that doesn't mean anything when it comes right down to it.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Had the opportunity decades ago to join that group...had zero desire to do so, rubbing elbows with a bunch of pointyheaded elitist professor types never appealed to me...I prefer genuine over insufferable nattering nabobs who smell like stale urine and brie.

Woods went to MIT, PolySci major, dropped out pursue acting.  Likes poker, despises Obama...not seeing anything upsetting to me...   ::thumbsup::

And if I ever do get around to following someone on Twitter I could definitely find worse!

https://twitter.com/RealJamesWoods

James Woods ?@RealJamesWoods 20h Kanye West feels like a 'zoo animal' http://usat.ly/1apwmr8  via @USATODAY Sometimes they just tee it up too high...

::hysterical::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
Woods likes 20 yo women as girlfriends and he's nearing 70.  He recently dumped his 26 yo girlfriend of 6 years for a new one who's 20.

He's entertaining but when I see a picture of him with a girlfriend who could be a grandchild it's a turn off.
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Doesn't seem fair...I'm much younger than him and have no 20 somethings after me...come to think of it I don't have any somethings after me...

::hysterical::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
I'm thinking that Woods is also a highly intelligent person. I'm thinking that he is mensa level smart. I think I read that somewhere once. Maybe. So that sort of explains it but not really. There are plenty of mensa smart people who are total leftists. I seem to remember that Geena Davis was also a semi-genius and she is a far lefty. So I guess that doesn't mean anything when it comes right down to it.

The smarter a person is, and the easier learning comes to them, the more likely they will fall into the trap of narcissism.   They assume that because they could learn anything that they already have. They assume that their ideas are right, and that the dullards around them are wrong and simply grow lazy - unable to deal with intellectual challenges, and so ego invested they are unwilling to admit anyone knows more about anything than they do.