Author Topic: EBT system down, "chaos" at Walmarts across the country  (Read 1546 times)

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
EBT system down, "chaos" at Walmarts across the country
« on: October 12, 2013, 10:32:38 PM »
So apparently the system that processes EBT transactions was (or still is?) down, and already "chaos" has occurred in Walmarts all over the country.

Just a very small, limited sneak preview of what it's going to be like when the Free Sh*t Army is unleashed.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-10-12/foodstamp-nation-turmoil-ebt-system-goes-dark-glitch-blamed

H/T: Small Dead Animals
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
Re: EBT system down, "chaos" at Walmarts across the country
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2013, 10:44:26 PM »
Well, glad I am going armed.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2013, 12:31:47 AM »
The system is back online.

Too bad.

But the thing is...it did go down and it will go down again.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2013, 06:43:16 AM »

Just a very small, limited sneak preview of what it's going to be like when the Free Sh*t Army is unleashed.

There is no doubt in my mind that  this was taken down on purpose to give TPTB confirmation of what will happen.
The Military is probing and confirming its options.

Offline robins111

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2013, 07:03:53 AM »
According to the news, this was caused by a power outage at a server center... Interesting.. this pretty much identifies and confirms the newest, biggest and most vulnerable target for the hackers with vindictive personalities.. which is essentially all of them.. should be interesting in the next short while... I wonder what a stuxnet type worm would do to the ebt system... ::smallestviolin::

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2013, 09:11:09 AM »
A little taste of what's to come. Will any other than us learn from it.....NO!
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2013, 10:22:35 AM »
LINK

Gateway Pundit has a Twitter roundup of enraged ghetto trash comments at the above link.

There isn't a country in the world that isn't three meals away from revolution. Sure am glad that I have some provisions.

BTW...I noticed that my local Walmart is scaling back their shelf space for the freeze dried foods. Don't know why. I also noticed that my local Walmart has a lot of ammo on the shelf now. They actually had 1000 round boxes of .223 from Federal for $394 a box. That's the same price per case that I paid out about three years ago. So that's good. No .22LR, though.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2013, 10:25:53 AM by trapeze »
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline BigAlSouth

• Established Member
  • Who won't 'co-exist?'
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2013, 05:20:29 PM »
This just proves my theory: Urban areas vote blue and support big government because they cannot support themselves wtshtf.

A noted philosopher was once quoted as saying:

"Tough tittie said the kittie when the milk ran dry."
The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living
are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.
--------------
The enemy of my enemy is my friend; the friend of my enemy is, well, he is just a dumbass.

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2013, 09:11:25 PM »
This just proves my theory: Urban areas vote blue and support big government because they cannot support themselves wtshtf.

A noted philosopher was once quoted as saying:

"Tough tittie said the kittie when the milk ran dry."
No, no, this was a proven fact done years ago. Didn't need a geometric proof with euclidean geometry either, just recordable observations. ::thinking::

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2013, 11:01:55 PM »
LINK

Gateway Pundit has a Twitter roundup of enraged ghetto trash comments at the above link.

There isn't a country in the world that isn't three meals away from revolution. Sure am glad that I have some provisions.

BTW...I noticed that my local Walmart is scaling back their shelf space for the freeze dried foods. Don't know why. I also noticed that my local Walmart has a lot of ammo on the shelf now. They actually had 1000 round boxes of .223 from Federal for $394 a box. That's the same price per case that I paid out about three years ago. So that's good. No .22LR, though.

Jeesh.......if only they lost service on their free phones too....
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2013, 08:12:05 AM »
Oh look, another "glitch" - pigford for EBTs

Yep. This is "probing" or deliberate sabotage by insiders.

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2013, 08:17:57 AM »
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-57607332/ebt-benefit-card-glitch-sparks-walmart-shopping-sprees-in-louisiana/

Shelves cleared because WalMart ignored the check for limits.  Literally announcing to the animals, free s**t for all.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2013, 08:27:51 AM »
Free Shyt Army panic, awesome, another successful Fedcoat test...glad I don't have to go on a shopping spree to survive...while these morons are looting stores I can slip out of Dodge...
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline richb

• Established Member
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2013, 04:53:00 PM »
It wasn't reported by any "lamestream" news sources round here.  Just local bloggers (go figure).

There is a huge Walmart on the state line in Hammond Indiana,  just across the street from Chicago.  It was built there in response to Chicago dragging their feet on city locations (Walmart has quite of few stores across the street from Chicago in collar suburbs).   And of course their threats to pass ordinances directly targeting them.   This Walmart is not for Hammond or Indiana residents (there is another store in a better location in Hammond for residents) as it turns its back to Indiana. 

But chaos happened when Illinois food stamps went down.    The store was left a shambles.   When it finally came back up,  some woman was trying to leave with $700 worth of stuff when they discovered she had 49 cents in her account.    She left with nothing when Hammond police were going to arrest her if she tried to leave with that stuff.   So at least one bozo got stopped.

I really don't know why Wal-Mart wants to be in urban areas so bad.   There is a big difference between urban poor and country poor.   There is a reason why retailers don't locate in areas.   And its not because they're racist.     

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2013, 04:57:26 PM »
I'm wondering now if they have identified this particular weapon as one that can be used to garner some cover from the phony conservatives. You know, "if that's what they have to do to put these ghetto welfare bunnies back under control then so be it!" types.

And the result is that the federal Leviathan breaks off another huge chunk of power for itself all with the consent of the nominal opposition.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline OldSailor

• The world is sick and getting sicker.
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2013, 06:39:01 PM »
LINK

Where is your WalMart?  The Wallyworld's here in Hampton Roads are still in a vacuum where ammo is concerned.  I get the feeling that I should lay in more. 

My son has the right idea, a handgun (Ruger .40,) a carbine (AK) and shotgun ... and 1000 rounds for everything but the scattergun, only 200 rounds of 12ga 00.  Wife and I only have 3 handguns with 200 round for each.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2013, 06:49:36 PM by OldSailor »
"In it's most basic form the right to keep and bear arms is nothing less than the right to maintain the means of one's own self-defense. If a man chooses not to arm himself, that is his choice and right. It is NOT his right to force his choice upon me." - Me

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2013, 09:25:42 PM »
It wasn't reported by any "lamestream" news sources round here.  Just local bloggers (go figure).

There is a huge Walmart on the state line in Hammond Indiana,  just across the street from Chicago.  It was built there in response to Chicago dragging their feet on city locations (Walmart has quite of few stores across the street from Chicago in collar suburbs).   And of course their threats to pass ordinances directly targeting them.   This Walmart is not for Hammond or Indiana residents (there is another store in a better location in Hammond for residents) as it turns its back to Indiana. 

But chaos happened when Illinois food stamps went down.    The store was left a shambles.   When it finally came back up,  some woman was trying to leave with $700 worth of stuff when they discovered she had 49 cents in her account.    She left with nothing when Hammond police were going to arrest her if she tried to leave with that stuff.   So at least one bozo got stopped.

I really don't know why Wal-Mart wants to be in urban areas so bad.   There is a big difference between urban poor and country poor.   There is a reason why retailers don't locate in areas.   And its not because they're racist.   
Heard about this this morning. Damn these free sh*tters really make my.....well ::barf::

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2013, 03:23:37 PM »
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-57607332/ebt-benefit-card-glitch-sparks-walmart-shopping-sprees-in-louisiana/

Shelves cleared because WalMart ignored the check for limits.  Literally announcing to the animals, free s**t for all.

Jindal taking steps ....

... More than 12,000 people were sent an insufficient funds notice when the problem with the EBT cards was fixed on Oct. 12; those who transgressed may lose their EBT cards for a year.

... The Advocate reported that violators will receive a letter stating their EBT cards have been canceled along with information as to how to appeal their cases. They may lose their EBT cards forever.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline whimsicalmamapig

« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2013, 03:45:14 PM »
they were as ill-advised about the governments ability to track their individual purchases as obama was unaware that someone would have video of him promising you could keep your healthcare. both dumb as rocks when it comes to thinking they are cleaver
Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
Thomas Jefferson