Author Topic: Self Reliance Expo in Denver  (Read 2905 times)

Offline michelleo

Self Reliance Expo in Denver
« on: April 09, 2011, 11:42:49 AM »
I went to the Self Reliance Expo in Denver yesterday and wanted to share some great products I saw there.

I'm definitely adding the Roll-a-Shield to my wish list.  Metal rolling shutters for your windows - very cool.  They can be install on the inside or the outside of your windows.

Powdered milk.  
I was able to taste test the Country Cream powdered milk and it is excellent.  Tastes like fresh milk. I tried it in coffee, too.  It's more expensive but worth every penny.  grandmascountryfoods.com/CountryCreamPowderedMilk/

Humless.com sells very cool rechargable portable power packs.  They call them silent generators that can be recharged by any 12V DC source- cigarette lighter, solar panel, wall outlet, even a hand crank generator they also sell.  They claim no need for inverters or adapters.  They have  110VAC outlets, 12VDC outlet and USB outlets for powering multiple types of appliances or electronic  devices.  They also sell Lithium batteries solo, solar panels of various sizes (even small for cell phones, etc.)  They showed off some very cool LED lighting strips that you can cut to desired length and install easily anywhere - in RVs, tents, sheds, etc.

Colorado Aquaponics
This is so cool Im going to write a post on this topic alone.
Combination greenhouse hydroponics with the growing of fish (aquaculture).  Double the output of your greenhouse with very little fertilizer.
coloradoaquaponics.com

Solar ovens can be found at www.sunoven.com  Can get $40 off with the discount code: SRE11

Water filtration:
Apparently Berkey is a trusted brand.  There were several distributors there.  Most were gravity driven.  www.berkeywater.com

New for 2011 TuffShed, now sell 4'x8' chicken coop.
www.tuffshed.com

Barter coins:
There was a barter-trade group there selling silver barter coins: www.barter-trader.com

Underground Bunker architects:
www.undergroundshelter.net
2012shelters.net
fortresscontructorsllc.com

Country Living Grain Mill - hand-cranked
Can be found at a number of sources
www.cfamilyresources.com available for $395

Colloidal silver products for first aid:
Sovereign Silver first aid gels and ingestible varieties sold at dealer LPC Survival - www.goberkey.com

Strawbale contructed homes:
www.strawandtimber.com

Solar Air Space Heating
self powered.  Install on the outside of a room.  Includes a fan that draws in cooler room air and blows out solar heated air.
  May be cool for a garage or workshed
http://yoursolarhome.com/solarsheat.com/solarsheat/index.html

Miscellaneous Survival supplies like solar blankets, gas masks, mylar bags, oxygen absorbers, etc. ( I bought some oxygen abosrbers for my 5 gal food grade buckets for long term grain storage)
www.arkready.com
www.fsurv.com

Dehydrated chicken. Disgusting.  ::puke::
 I prefer the TVP vegetable protein.

« Last Edit: April 09, 2011, 02:22:40 PM by michelleo »

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Self Reliance Expo in Denver
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2011, 01:03:53 PM »
Wow.  Lot's of info.

If the milk tastes that good, I might have to check it out.

I'll have to dig into the shed link some more too, I know that is something we want to put together up at the lake, this summer if possible, but we have a lot on our plate, so we'll see.  Also looking at augmenting some with solar, will check that out more in depth too.

Thanks!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2011, 01:20:15 PM »
Ditto on the milk.  The strip LED lighting is very interesting as well.  Thanks, michelleo!

I adjusted some of your tags; hope you don't mind.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline michelleo

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2011, 02:21:00 PM »
Ditto on the milk.  The strip LED lighting is very interesting as well.  Thanks, michelleo!

I adjusted some of your tags; hope you don't mind.

Thanks for that.  I ran out of time.

Offline MitchellLetellier

• Newb
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2014, 03:22:14 AM »
I went to the Self Reliance Expo in Denver yesterday and wanted to share some great products I saw there.

I'm definitely adding the Roll-a-Shield to my wish list.  Metal rolling shutters for your windows - very cool.  They can be install on the inside or the outside of your windows.

Powdered milk. 
I was able to taste test the Country Cream powdered milk and it is excellent.  Tastes like fresh milk. I tried it in coffee, too.  It's more expensive but worth every penny.  grandmascountryfoods.com/CountryCreamPowderedMilk/

Humless.com sells very cool rechargable portable power packs.  They call them silent generators that can be recharged by any 12V DC source- cigarette lighter, solar panel, wall outlet, even a hand crank generator they also sell.  They claim no need for inverters or adapters.  They have  110VAC outlets, 12VDC outlet and USB outlets for powering multiple types of appliances or electronic  devices.  They also sell Lithium batteries solo, solar panels of various sizes (even small for cell phones, etc.)  They showed off some very cool LED lighting strips that you can cut to desired length and install easily anywhere - in RVs, tents, sheds, etc.

Colorado Aquaponics
This is so cool Im going to write a post on this topic alone.
Combination greenhouse hydroponics with the growing of fish (aquaculture).  Double the output of your greenhouse with very little fertilizer.
coloradoaquaponics.com

Solar ovens can be found at www.sunoven.com  Can get $40 off with the discount code: SRE11

Water filtration:
Apparently Berkey is a trusted brand.  There were several distributors there.  Most were gravity driven.  www.berkeywater.com

New for 2011 TuffShed, now sell 4'x8' chicken coop.
www.tuffshed.com

Barter coins:
There was a barter-trade group there selling silver barter coins: www.barter-trader.com

Underground Bunker architects:
www.undergroundshelter.net
2012shelters.net
fortresscontructorsllc.com

Country Living Grain Mill - hand-cranked
Can be found at a number of sources
www.cfamilyresources.com available for $395

Colloidal silver products for first aid:
Sovereign Silver first aid gels and ingestible varieties sold at dealer LPC Survival - www.goberkey.com

Strawbale contructed homes:
www.strawandtimber.com

Solar Air Space Heating
self powered.  Install on the outside of a room.  Includes a fan that draws in cooler room air and blows out solar heated air.
  May be cool for a garage or workshed
http://yoursolarhome.com/solarsheat.com/solarsheat/index.html

Miscellaneous Survival supplies like solar blankets, gas masks, mylar bags, oxygen absorbers, etc. ( I bought some oxygen abosrbers for my 5 gal food grade buckets for long term grain storage)
www.arkready.com
www.fsurv.com

Dehydrated chicken. Disgusting.  ::puke::
 I prefer the TVP vegetable protein.

Really thanks for sharing information and those reports.. These are still very valuable and I will make full use of them.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2014, 09:14:18 AM by MitchellLetellier »

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2014, 06:36:05 AM »
Wish we had something like that around here.

I remember our neighbors and their powdered milk. It would be extremely difficult to overcome the memory of that taste. ::barf::
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2014, 09:56:43 AM »
Wish we had something like that around here.

I remember our neighbors and their powdered milk. It would be extremely difficult to overcome the memory of that taste. ::barf::

The milk at this show is pretty darn good. Or at least not really nasty.  I could fool you if you weren't paying attention..

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2014, 10:01:16 AM »
Really thanks for sharing information and those reports.. These are still very valuable and I will make full use of them.

Please let us all know what you learn by posting here.. 

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2014, 01:59:31 PM »

::stirpot::
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2014, 03:10:00 PM »

Damn. Don't know how I missed that. ::laughonfloor::
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2014, 03:26:05 PM »

Damn. Don't know how I missed that. ::laughonfloor::

Hey Weissahupt, how's the couch?
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.