Author Topic: Rep. Trey Gowdy: Obama changing names and relocating Benghazi survivors  (Read 2543 times)

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
I pray that harsh, swift justice is done. Some of the people involved in the deaths and cover-ups Benghazi deserve execution.

Obama “Changed Names” of Benghazi Survivors, Hiding Them From Congress

The Obama administration is “changing names” of the Benghazi survivors and “creating aliases” to keep them hidden from congressional investigators and the American people, Rep. Trey Gowdy (R-S.C.) told Greta Van Susteren on Thursday night. He also said the administration is “dispersing them around the country” to keep them out of sight.

<snip>

“Stop and think what things are most calculated to get at the truth? Talk to people with first-hand knowledge. What creates the appearance and perhaps the reality of a cover-up? Not letting us talk with people who have the most amount of information, dispersing them around the country and changing their names,” Gowdy said.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline whimsicalmamapig

Re: Rep. Trey Gowdy: Obama changing names and relocating Benghazi survivors
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2013, 10:45:42 PM »
are we looking more and more like the soviet union of late. "disappearing people" for political means?  how did we come to this? I blame the right for not contesting what the left has been doing since alger hiss.  we are too polite and willing to give the benefit of the doubt. the left have been no more trustworthy than al gueda or joseph stalin. it is time to look any liberal straight in the eye and call them traitors to the constitution and unwelcome inhabitants of this nation.
Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2013, 07:33:52 AM »
It's obviously gotta be a leftist thing. No way in hell am I uprooting my family, changing our name and disrupting our lives just to save some assholes.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2013, 07:49:09 AM »
Not thinking of saving any assholes at the moment...more like dispatching them by the bushel!

The America we once knew is dead, completely incapable of recognizing tyranny and oppression...they figure they got their booze, their TV, their weed, their cheeseburgers, their music, their hovel and a few coins in their pocket...wtf they care about anything else?!

Extra, super-duper deep-fried FUBAR!!!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2013, 08:10:43 AM »
That has t'be a Twilight Zone moment...the POTUS asks - tells you you're undergoing identity reassignment...& you KNOW it's for evil purposes. what do you do, whom do/can you tell - will anybody listen?
2 Timothy 1:7
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but of power & of love and of calm, a well-balanced mind, discipline and self-control.

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2013, 09:41:40 AM »
That has t'be a Twilight Zone moment...the POTUS asks - tells you you're undergoing identity reassignment...& you KNOW it's for evil purposes. what do you do, whom do/can you tell - will anybody listen?
First thing I do is get a written order. Then I handcuff the asshole who issued it to me, then I go to my representative or the nearest constitutionalist I know then the talkshow circuit Rush etc...
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2013, 09:43:40 AM »
It's obviously gotta be a leftist thing. No way in hell am I uprooting my family, changing our name and disrupting our lives just to save some assholes.

Or "what are you willing to do to save your pension?"
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2013, 10:00:55 AM »

Or "what are you willing to do to save your pension?"
We use to have servants, military and the like, with integrity. That seems to be what's missing at it's basic core. Of course, integrity goes hand in hand with morality and we're not teaching this to our future generations.

Leftists have fukced us for a longer period than I can fathom.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2013, 10:05:13 AM »
Some intimidating types in suits and sunglasses tell you that you do this or we can't guarantee your family's safety--what do you do?
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2013, 10:06:56 AM »
From whom?  Which threat?  'Cause it sure ain't the Libyans.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2013, 10:09:48 AM »

I'd say your own government.
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2013, 10:12:58 AM »
Some intimidating types in suits and sunglasses tell you that you do this or we can't guarantee your family's safety--what do you do?
Guarantee their immediate death. Bang-bang...next!

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2013, 10:32:54 AM »

I'd say your own government.

I dunno, LV; it might be easy to say (not being in their shoes), but it seems to me that would be THE reason for going public.

Offline benb61

• Established Member
  • My 2 fast cars
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2013, 10:42:11 AM »
The first attempt probably went something like this;

We will put $5 million into a bank account in your name, we will give you a home and a back story in a town of our choosing, you and your family will live long if you do not tell anyone the truth.

If that is turned down, the story probably changes to this;

We will give you a new identity, and move you to a distant location.  There will be 3 or more individuals (whom you will not know) in your life that have authority to terminate you and your loved ones if you ever say anything about what you have seen or know.  Your/their deaths will look like accidents or you/they will be victims of an unsolvable crime.  Now STFU and STFD if you know what is good for you.

If they fight that;

Bang....  So sad that they survived Benghazi but were killed in a botched convenience store robbery.

What would you do???
Eschew Obfuscation

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2013, 11:41:40 AM »
I see on these commercials for the Marines that they answer the call of those under tyranny...if that were really the case they'd be landing on all points along the Potomac and cleaning DC of these fascists...

Oh well, so sad too bad...y'all on your own...

Offline Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2013, 07:03:27 AM »
Been thinking about the name-change thing.

Someone doing this doesn't sound like someone who will willingly step down from office once his term has expired.
2 Timothy 1:7
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but of power & of love and of calm, a well-balanced mind, discipline and self-control.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2013, 08:00:29 AM »
Sounds about right Pablo.

This instance makes the WI fleebaggers issue look like a bunch of boyscouts on jamboree...

Such actions by an executive should have been automatic grounds for immediate impeachment, swift trial and conviction and forcible removal from office.

See what I mean about being "Extra, super-duper deep-fried FUBAR!!!"?!

If people cannot see the obvious and dangerous precedent of letting actions like this stand, in addition to the IRS intimidation, the NSA/DHS snooping, the F&F and larger Libyan-Syrian gunrunning, the sacking of hundreds of senior military leaders, the installation of radical left-wing ideologues throughout government, etc etc...then there is literally no hope of peacefully restoring the Republic...it is gone...and we best plan accordingly!

Offline whimsicalmamapig

« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2013, 09:37:17 AM »
my late husband had been in the navy when Nixon resigned, stationed out of Norfolk. he said that the fleet was put on high alert heading for  dc when the joint chiefs visited the whitehouse and said it was time to go.  Now this might be an "urban myth" of sorts for the navy, but just the fact that he told the story indicates to me that at that time, at least, the military was ready to deal with such treason....
Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2013, 11:54:44 AM »
I fear what is in place now would come to the aid of a disaster refusing to leave...even if constitutionally required to do so...such are our times...

::unknowncomic::

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2013, 02:40:45 PM »
I fear what is in place now would come to the aid of a disaster refusing to leave...even if constitutionally required to do so...such are our times...

::unknowncomic::
Either way, when the shooting starts, he's toast. As it stands now, the SS is looking for things and conspiracy items, they can't prevent an entire population that's bent on taking him out at their expense. I'm still not sure if there's enough outrage for the population or some segment if it to actually take up arms. I may amongst the first to die but then who wants to live under the tyranny of a Marxist?