Author Topic: Public Sector Unions  (Read 546 times)

Offline Septugenarian

• A Regular
Public Sector Unions
« on: November 10, 2013, 08:35:04 AM »
Looking back, it can be seen that the involvement of Federal public unions in the American political system began in January, 1962 when President Kennedy established collective bargaining powers for Federal workers, by Executive Order 10988,.

Public sector unions can best be understood as holding political patronage jobs that make them beholden to the national Democratic Party.

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/2013/11/public_sector_unions_are_a_shadow_political_party.html#ixzz2kFldHYy1
I'm entitled (to be cranky).

Offline oldcoastie6468

• Conservative Hero
Re: Public Sector Unions
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2013, 08:47:14 AM »
Public sector unions should be outlawed since they can be so disruptive to our nation.
U.S. Coast Guard veteran, 1964-1968

Will Rogers never met Barack Obama. He would not like Obama.

I hate liberals. Liberalism is a disease that causes severe brain damage after it tries to suck knowledge and history out of yours.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2013, 09:27:24 AM »
There is no question that public sector unions create a conflict of interest, where politicians who represent the taxpayer are pitted against the taxpayer in union negotiations and crafting of policy. The result is public unions collecting compulsory dues, funneling them into Democrat campaign coffers, and Democrats crafting policy favorable to unions in return, no matter how bad it is for the taxpayer. It's an unethical, immoral, incestuous cycle.

PSUs should have been outlawed after the 2002 election, when the GOP had a majority. But they didn't have the guts or the will, and now there is not likely to be another opportunity.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline whimsicalmamapig

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2013, 01:15:42 PM »
lois lerner pleading the 5th is enough said about the egregious character of PSU's
Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
Thomas Jefferson

RickZ

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2013, 02:28:54 PM »
Even the sainted (to the left) FDR thought public sector unions were a bad idea.  If FDR thought they were a bad idea, then they must be a really, really bad idea.

Funny you never hear that mentioned when public sector unions are discussed.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2013, 07:38:30 AM »
Even the sainted (to the left) FDR thought public sector unions were a bad idea.  If FDR thought they were a bad idea, then they must be a really, really bad idea.

Not funny at all...infuriating is the word that comes to mind.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2013, 08:40:52 AM »
FDR, for all his faults, correctly noted that the biggest enemy to bigger government, was a government working against the people.  That's how unions are set up...to directly pit the public class against the people.

Locally, the best example I can think of was the bus drivers going on strike.  You think I gave a flying Obama that buses stopped running?  No, but there were no shortage of minimum wage types sob stories, of losing jobs that they couldn't get to.  The poorest are hurt because of government unions.

Nationally, the new brown shirts of the Forest Service looks like they want to be the new poster child of being beholden to a union.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2013, 11:45:20 AM »
FDR, for all his faults, correctly noted that the biggest enemy to bigger government, was a government working against the people.  That's how unions are set up...to directly pit the public class against the people.

Locally, the best example I can think of was the bus drivers going on strike.  You think I gave a flying Obama that buses stopped running?  No, but there were no shortage of minimum wage types sob stories, of losing jobs that they couldn't get to.  The poorest are hurt because of government unions.

Nationally, the new brown shirts of the Forest Service looks like they want to be the new poster child of being beholden to a union.

Good luck trying to unravel any of this too...a nation of cowards and sychophants...I say jack up the Min wage to $100/hr and help crash this joke faster, what the hell point is there in perpetuating this stupidity any longer than necessary?!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2013, 05:37:38 PM »
One executive order can be undone with a signature. Done...next!
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2013, 06:14:48 PM »

Of course he did. It created another power block for that Fascist to manage. So much easier to cut out the middle man and enslave the working man directly by offering him a chicken in every pot.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2013, 06:56:34 PM »
Being anti-PSU is such low-lying fruit for Republicans, yet they rarely make the case. And it is such an absolutely simple case to make. Even the most ignorant LIV could understand it if it was properly explained.

One would think that the example set by Scott Walker would have been replicated around the country, but fear rules the GOP.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline oldcoastie6468

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2013, 11:35:40 AM »

Of course he did. It created another power block for that Fascist to have one of his flunkies manage. So much easier to cut out the middle man and enslave the working man directly by offering him a chicken in every pot.

Slight modification.
U.S. Coast Guard veteran, 1964-1968

Will Rogers never met Barack Obama. He would not like Obama.

I hate liberals. Liberalism is a disease that causes severe brain damage after it tries to suck knowledge and history out of yours.