Author Topic: Bishop stages exorcism as gay marriage becomes law: ‘Be gone Satan’  (Read 789 times)

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
link

Paprocki staged an unusual — and in Illinois, unprecedented — exorcism that asked God to “deliver us from evil” of a Quinn-led change in state law that will permit gay and lesbian couples to wed in Illinois despite the Catholic Church’s objections.

Paprocki said the service was necessitated, essentially, to undo the work of the devil. The governor and his allies who pushed through the Religious Freedom and Marriage Fairness Act are “morally complicit” in advancing gay marriage, a ritual Paprocki said Pope Francis – as an Argentinean cardinal – has declared a sin and a tool of the “father of lies.”

Bishop's homily for Prayers of Supplication and Exorcism in Reparation for the Sin of Same-Sex Marriage November 20, 2013 -

I thought this was kind of cool when I heard about it. And amusing.  I doubt homosexuals would like the idea of an exorcism being preformed because of them.   ;D  They're on the right side of history and all.   ;D
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: Bishop stages exorcism as gay marriage becomes law: ‘Be gone Satan’
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2013, 12:53:17 PM »
I'm glad he did it.  The Churches need to been seen standing against evil.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2013, 02:14:26 PM »
That's one.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2013, 09:31:30 PM »
That's one.

Actually they have dual services on Sunday morning; one @ 8:15 & another @ 11:00 - so, by ObamaCare website counting, that's, uhm...2???
2 Timothy 1:7
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but of power & of love and of calm, a well-balanced mind, discipline and self-control.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson