Author Topic: Yet more stupidity  (Read 945 times)

Offline oldcoastie6468

• Conservative Hero
Yet more stupidity
« on: November 29, 2013, 04:10:53 PM »
Psych Student Jennifer Whiteley Dies Of Drug OD While Celebrating New Job Aiding Drug Users

By Jonathan Vankin, Thu, November 28, 2013

A 27-year-old woman in England who was in training to be a psychologist and had already published articles in a medical journal, died of a drug overdose while she was celebrating her new job — working with drug users.

A coroner’s inquest in South Manchester found this week that in July, Jennifer Whiteley had nine different drugs in her system, including a so-called “legal high” known as Benzo Fury, when she broke into profuse sweats and collapsed with a rapid heartbeat at her parents’ home in Greater Manchester while partying with her 29-year-old boyfriend, Andrew Tunnah.

In addition to ingesting Benzo Fury — and amphetamine-like “designer drug” which Whiteley reportedly purchased over the internet before it was outlawed in the U.K. — she had been drinking vodka and snorting cocaine.

The day before, she was offered a job with a division of Britain’s National Health Service — the country’s government-run health care system — where she would help patients who abused drugs and also those who suffered from depression.

::whatgives::   ::smallestviolin::   ::doh::

http://www.opposingviews.com/i/society/psych-student-jennifer-whiteley-dies-drug-od-while-celebrating-new-job-aiding-drug-users#
U.S. Coast Guard veteran, 1964-1968

Will Rogers never met Barack Obama. He would not like Obama.

I hate liberals. Liberalism is a disease that causes severe brain damage after it tries to suck knowledge and history out of yours.

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
Re: Yet more stupidity
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2013, 08:00:50 PM »
As my dear departed daddy used to say, "no use being dumb unless you show it"
Or, as my daughter's shop teacher says "stupid people do stupid things because they're stupid"

Offline Septugenarian

• A Regular
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2013, 10:35:10 AM »
A Darwinian event.
I'm entitled (to be cranky).

Offline OldSailor

• The world is sick and getting sicker.
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2013, 10:50:14 AM »
A Darwinian event.

Agreed, but not Darwin Award quality ... there was nothing spectacular about her self-inflicted demise.  My sympathies lie with her parents.
"In it's most basic form the right to keep and bear arms is nothing less than the right to maintain the means of one's own self-defense. If a man chooses not to arm himself, that is his choice and right. It is NOT his right to force his choice upon me." - Me

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2013, 11:41:42 AM »
Karma is not without irony.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.