Author Topic: A QUIZ to keep your mind sharp  (Read 1039 times)

Offline oldcoastie6468

• Conservative Hero
A QUIZ to keep your mind sharp
« on: December 06, 2013, 10:17:18 AM »
1.  Johnny's mother had three children. The first child was named April. The second child was named May....What was the third child's name?

2. There is a clerk at the butcher shop, he is five feet ten inches tall and he wears size 13 sneakers....What does he weigh?

3. Before Mt. Everest was discovered...what was the highest mountain in the world?

4. How much dirt is there in a hole ...that measures two feet by three feet by four feet?

5. What word in the English Language ...is always spelled incorrectly?

6. Billy was born on December 28th, yet his birthday is always in the summer.....How is this possible?

7. In California, you cannot take a picture of a man with a wooden leg....Why not?

8. What was the President's Name...in 1975?

9. If you were running a race...and you passed the person in 2nd place, what place would you be in now?

10. Which is correct to say..."The yolk of the egg are white" or "The yolk of the egg is white"?

11. If a farmer has 5 haystacks in one field and 4 haystacks in the other field,....how many haystacks would he have if he combined them all in another field?
U.S. Coast Guard veteran, 1964-1968

Will Rogers never met Barack Obama. He would not like Obama.

I hate liberals. Liberalism is a disease that causes severe brain damage after it tries to suck knowledge and history out of yours.

Offline Septugenarian

• A Regular
Re: A QUIZ to keep your mind sharp
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2013, 10:27:47 AM »
I aced it!  ::popcorn::
I'm entitled (to be cranky).

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2013, 10:30:05 AM »
I wonder if they even teach this stuff anymore?

(aced it too)

Offline oldcoastie6468

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2013, 10:36:16 AM »
I wonder if they even teach this stuff anymore?

(aced it too)

Reasoning and logical thought are not taught any more. Common Core, ya know......it makes everyone as common as everyone else.

I hate liberals. Liberalism is a disease that causes severe brain damage after it tries to suck knowledge and history out of yours.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2013, 10:51:23 AM »
OK, I have to admit... Unless the answer to #7 is "because wooden legs can't take pictures", I don't understand #7. And if that's the answer, that's a dumb one.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Septugenarian

• A Regular
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2013, 10:55:07 AM »
IDP, sometimes the joke is not for the recipients benefit.  Sometimes the enjoyment comes from the look on their face.  ;D
I'm entitled (to be cranky).

Offline ChrstnHsbndFthr

• Established Member
    • Affordable Bail Bonds of NC, LLC
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2013, 09:15:57 PM »
Wooden legs do not take pics, cameras do.
“My mission today is to go forth and tell people about why I follow Christ and also what the Bible teaches, and part of that teaching is that women and men are meant to be together.

“However, I would never treat anyone with disrespect just because they are different from me. We are all created by the Almighty and like Him, I love all of humanity. We would all be better off if we loved God and loved each other.”
Phil Robertson an elder in the church of Christ

Offline oldcoastie6468

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2013, 09:52:53 PM »
Wooden legs do not take pics, cameras do.

Unless you're James Bond.  ;)

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2013, 12:24:25 AM »
James Bond had a wooden leg?

::falldownshocked::

(I was going to say something about woodies but that may be inappropriate)

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2013, 10:44:39 AM »

How could you people "ace"  this? No one knows the answer to this question.  Barry Sotero?  Barrak Obama?  Agent Pothead?
The man is a con man, he has multiple  ss numbers, and there is no reason to suspect we know the jerks real name, now or in 1975.

Offline oldcoastie6468

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2013, 10:47:16 AM »

How could you people "ace"  this? No one knows the answer to this question.  Barry Sotero?  Barrak Obama?  Agent Pothead?
The man is a con man, he has multiple  ss numbers, and there is no reason to suspect we know the jerks real name, now or in 1975.

GOOD POINT!!!!  ::thumbsup::

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2013, 11:14:36 AM »

You're right - since these are logic and linguistic traps whose true answer relies on an interpretation of the framed sentence, the "correct" answer is whatever the author decided the correct answer would be. I chose to interpret the framing to mean the name of the president who was serving in 1975. That would be Gerald R. Ford.

It is equally valid to presume that the author meant to inquire the name that Øbongo was going by in 1975. Like you said, that would be anybodies guess and I don't think Øbongo even knows.

I have challenged examinations before wherein they ask awkward questions that can have multiple correct answers. I've reminded them that in legal theory, in contract law, whenever there is an ambiguity the court will invariably rule against the author of that ambiguity. I've prevailed more often than not ;')

So I aced it because I say so.

:supercool: