Author Topic: Woman Stops Grizzly Attack With 25 Calibre Pistol  (Read 615 times)

Offline oldcoastie6468

• Conservative Hero
Woman Stops Grizzly Attack With 25 Calibre Pistol
« on: December 07, 2013, 10:12:15 AM »
Woman Stops Grizzly Attack With 25 Calibre Pistol 

This is a story of self-control and marksmanship with an itsy bitsy shooter by a woman against a fierce predator. What is the smallest caliber you trust to protect yourself?  The Beretta Jetfire:

While out hiking in Alberta, Canada, with my husband we were surprised by a huge grizzly bear charging at us from out of nowhere.  She must have been protecting her cubs because she was extremely aggressive.

If I had not had my little Beretta Jetfire with me I would not be here today!

Just one shot to my husband’s kneecap was all it took. The bear got him and I was able to escape by just walking away at a brisk pace.

It's one of the best pistols in my collection.

GOTCHA!!!!!!!  ::hysterical:: ::hysterical:: ::hysterical:: ::hysterical::
U.S. Coast Guard veteran, 1964-1968

Will Rogers never met Barack Obama. He would not like Obama.

I hate liberals. Liberalism is a disease that causes severe brain damage after it tries to suck knowledge and history out of yours.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
Re: Woman Stops Grizzly Attack With 25 Calibre Pistol
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2013, 12:37:33 AM »
LOL. Reminds me of the joke about being in shark infested waters -- "You don't have to swim faster than the shark, just faster than the person you're with"

I have however heard of Eskimo hunters successfully taking polar bears with .22 rifles. Evidently they shoot right into the bear's mouth and the bullet exits through the brain stem. Instant lights out. Maybe that's an urban legend, seems plausible enough though.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
Re: Woman Stops Grizzly Attack With 25 Calibre Pistol
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2013, 05:44:41 PM »
Yeah that was the moment Shane went from being merely an obnoxious douchebag to somebody who needed to die.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly