Author Topic: Chris Matthews doesn’t have egg on his face -- he has a chicken popping a squat  (Read 564 times)

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
The Daily Show actually busts Matthews pretty good here: http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/mon-august-12-2013/can-t-you-at-least-wait-until-jon-stewart-gets-back---2016-presidential-election-coverage

MSNBC host Chris Matthews boldly declared last week that Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY) would be the Republican Party’s presidential nominee in 2016, telling his viewers to trust him because “This is what I do for a living.”

But considering that it is only 2013 — and the fact that Matthews has an unflattering record of making false predictions — Comedy Central’s “The Daily Show” couldn’t help but call out and mock the MSNBC personality.

John Oliver was particularly amused with Matthews’ “this is what I do for a living” line.

“Really?” Oliver joked. “Because all this time I thought you were paid to spit on a camera lens.”

“Look, if making sound predictions is what Chris Matthews does for a living, then he may have a bit of a problem. Because finding sound bites of people saying things that directly contradict the claim they just made — that’s what we do for a living,” he added.

Oliver continued, bringing up a few of Matthews’ more embarrass predictions, including his 2008 claim that former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani would win the White House and his 2012 claim that Congresswoman Michele Bachmann (R-Minn.) would be the GOP presidential nominee.

“It’s what he does for a living. He’s paid to do that. Money. Human money,” Oliver mocked. “Is he a psychic or a time traveler? Either way, we must burn him as a witch.”

“Chris Matthews doesn’t just routinely have eggs on his face,” he concluded, “He has a chicken popping a squat on his face.”
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
A face fit for...

::hysterical::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
He came amongst us...

...and I swallowed.

::exitstageleft::