Author Topic: The Battle over East vs West (Russia vs Europe) continues in Ukraine  (Read 92110 times)

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Superhero
Re: The Battle over East vs West (Russia vs Europe) continues in Ukraine
« Reply #1100 on: November 04, 2022, 03:41:52 PM »

Also, Kim Iversen did a deep dive into the Kurd issue long ago. She did two videos.
As I recall, the US agreed to throw the Kurds in Syria (?) under the bus long ago.
Turkey views them as terrorists and does not want them near its borders.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2022, 03:49:15 PM by patentlymn »
When the law becomes a ruse, lawlessness becomes legitimate. -unknown

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #1101 on: November 04, 2022, 03:47:22 PM »

I had this on.
30 minutes in the life of some Russian artillery guys. It does not show anyone getting hurt or killed.
Kinda dry. Shoot and scoot. Near the front lines.
Patrick Lancaster is from US and has been covering the war in Donbass for 8 years.
It's easy to be the best English language war reporter in the Donbass when you are the only such reporter.
When the Russians invaded he embedded with the DPR.

https://youtu.be/9VJb7Zrxc6Q
 Russian Drone, Artillery & Electronic Warfare Destroy Ukraine Positions in Kharkiv
Patrick Lancaster

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #1102 on: November 04, 2022, 04:10:49 PM »

Nothing new here. Same old for 8 years.
Just a short video clip.

https://t.me/UkraineHumanRightsAbuses/13136
??‘Who will be selling bread to people otherwise?’ – Donetsk grocery store employees continue working amid Ukrainian shelling.

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #1103 on: November 05, 2022, 01:02:20 PM »
Anti Ukrainian cartoon.
https://t.me/donbassinsider/24565
? Another episode of the Ukrainian nazi pig

? This time the piglet tries to warm himself up in one of the EU countries knocking on their doors and calling them "brothers". Will his "brothers" help him not freeze? Watch and find out!

Red White Blue flag  roosters are French
Black red yellow flag wolves are German
White red flag eagles are Polish
Red Blue White flag Bear is Russian note the pride flags
Red/Orange Green flag bull is Belarusian

« Last Edit: November 05, 2022, 01:26:03 PM by patentlymn »

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #1104 on: November 06, 2022, 11:36:34 AM »

Vox Day has a different take on Olaf Scholz recent trip to China.
Based in part on Thesaker also Michael Hidson
https://voxday.net/2022/11/06/winds-of-change/
Winds of Change

I don’t think The Scorpions will be writing any ballads if the rumors that Germany is attempting to break free of US hegemony are true:
https://thesaker.is/berlin-goes-to-beijing-the-real-deal/

Berlin goes to Beijing: the real deal
12319 Views November 06, 2022 19 Comments

by Pepe Escobar, posted with the author’s permission and widely cross-posted

With his inimitable flair for economic analysis steeped in historical depth, Professor Michael Hudson’s latest essay, originally written for a German audience, presents a stunning parallel between the Crusades and the current “rules-based international order” imposed by the Hegemon.
http://thesaker.is/germanys-position-in-americas-new-world-order/

Germany’s position in America’s New World Order
45554 Views November 02, 2022 96 Comments

by Michael Hudson for the Saker blog

Germany has become an economic satellite of America’s New Cold War with Russia, China and the rest of Eurasia. Germany and other NATO countries have been told to impose trade and investment sanctions upon themselves that will outlast today’s proxy war in Ukraine. U.S. President Biden and his State Department spokesmen have explained that Ukraine is just the opening arena in a much broader dynamic that is splitting the world into two opposing sets of economic alliances.
https://www.globaltimes.cn/page/202211/1278764.shtml
Scholz’s China visit has more than symbolic significance: Global Times editorial
By Global Times Published: Nov 05, 2022 01:09 AM

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #1105 on: November 06, 2022, 11:58:00 AM »
I talked about bifurcation long ago...

I get no respect...

https://youtu.be/zECULHZ7eh8

All parties agree...divide the world, by force...what happens...happens...

In other news...

Mahdi death cult in Iran admits drones for Russia....

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/iran-admits-supplying-russia-drones-1st-time

...reckon that means Russian and Persian infrastructure is it risk...

And despite Ukraine fatigue...

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/us-privately-telling-ukraine-be-open-negotiations-putin

...I doubt any sides shot-callers are in a mood to negotiate...not yet and perhaps not ever...

And the Rus are pointing fingers at HIMARS damaging a dam...

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/russia-says-major-dam-hit-us-supplied-himars-rockets

...so all signs point to continued aggression.

Bifurcate, eradicate...perhaps even exterminate...
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #1106 on: November 06, 2022, 06:38:44 PM »

I have no idea how many previous US wars I have been lied into.
I only paid close attention to this one.
https://rumble.com/v1rsm7o-ukrainian-piglet-animated-political-cartoon.html?mref=1k1hem&mrefc=10

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #1107 on: November 07, 2022, 08:10:29 AM »
Brilliant...

What kind of mouth-breather does that appeal to?

::bus::

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #1108 on: November 07, 2022, 08:42:06 AM »
https://www.zerohedge.com/military/give-kremlin-warning-us-nuclear-apocalypse-submarine-enters-mediterranean-sea

Warning?   ::hysterical::

Was the US warned when the much more doomsdayish Suvarov and its globe-trotting nuclear powered nuclear torpedoes left port?  No?  Welcome to nuclear-armed nuclear-powered submarire operations, Tyler.

Oh, and tone down to hyperbolic rhetoric!  "Headed for the Black Sea?"  No, puts...it will not enter the Black Sea...even you walked back your BS at the end by amending the incendiary lead with a "towards".

Such a Rus addict!

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/gauging-chances-biden-putin-meeting-bali

Chances?  Seriously, can the US puppetmasters afford to show Putin how brain-dead their puppet is?  Only if they want to scare the sh*t out of Putin...

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #1109 on: November 07, 2022, 09:31:50 AM »

I remember when the USSR blocked access to western media, including even jamming VOA.
But we could buy Pravda in the US and listen to Radio Moscow on shortwave, proving we were not afraid of access to ideas while the commies were. I listened to shortwave Radio Moscow during the Vietnam War. It sounded like BS propaganda to me but who knows now. They alternated male to female voices which was weird then but very common now in the US.

Now, the first sanctions from the EU were on free flow of people and media from Russia.
I think that is deliberate and critical to the west. If someone from the west wanders around the Donbas with a camera and microphone for a video blog they can and have been criminally charged or at least censored back in their home countries. Germany and England for sure. Recently some France TV reporter was cut off mid sentence when she said that Ukraine was shelling civilian buildings in Kherson like hospitals...... The video feed showed a damaged hospital then went black. I don't recall such manipulation before. Maybe it happened all the time and I never noticed.

A few years back there was some soccer championship held in Russia. Lots of  people from UK went. They came back surprised at how nice the area was and what the people were like. Not what they expected. IMO the EU govt needed to prevent more of that.  I had the same impression from watching video blogs from around the world. China. Vietnam. Iran. But Cuba was worse than I imagined and Venezuela varied with the location.

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #1110 on: November 07, 2022, 09:36:51 AM »

Here is the link I lost
https://t.me/grigoriev_maxim/407
? Since Russian state media are blocked in the West, how can European people learn about the Russian side of the story?

? Yes, Russian state media have been blocked on virtually all platforms in the West. English-language TV channels from Russia lost their licenses, most official Russian channels on YouTube*, Facebook* and other social media have been blocked and websites of Russian media have been blocked in the West.
First of all, it’s important to ask a question why they were blocked? The West claimed that they are spreading “misinformation” but it hasn’t provided any proof of that except “we think so”. It’s worth noting that measures against Russian channels have been taken immediately after the start of Russian special operation in Ukraine. It looks like that Western governments didn’t really want their people to learn anything about Russian side of the story.

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #1111 on: November 07, 2022, 09:50:16 AM »

I started ranting years ago when I learned how the anti Russia sanctions harmed Ukrainian industry and agriculture. At least the US is honest now in stating that their goal is to harm Russia. Helping Ukrainians is never the stated goal.  I recall that many Ukr industries lost their major buyers in Russia but were kept out of the EU markets. Some of that changed later.

It is almost like globalists only care about enriching themselves.

This link deals with the EU vs RU proposals around 2014. I recall that there was some vague belief in Ukraine that if Kiev joined the EU it would become Paris. When the USSR fell many in Moscow believed if they took the advice of the western experts their standard of living would become like that of the west. Instead the western "Harvard Boys", carpetbaggers made things worse. Life expectancy sucked under USSR. Male life expectancy fell by 10 years in the 1990s in Russia as I recall.

https://t.me/grigoriev_maxim/408
?Closer cooperation with Russia would mean revival of East Ukrainian industry (a large part of it concentrated in Donbass) that has been initially created back in Imperial times as a part of Russian productions chains and mostly survived because of cooperation with Russia. Cooperation with Russia would mean a market for Ukrainian industry that was unable to compete with European industrial giants in Europe.

?European proposal was less specific and more vague. Europe did propose an association agreement, however this agreement did not contain any specific bonuses for Ukraine, in fact it was a list of demands that Ukraine had to meet to be considered for EU candidate status. A large part of those demands were of economical nature and their implementation would force Ukrainian industries to compete with Europeans directly and thus immediately lose without even starting the game. We saw how compliance with these demands ruined Yuzhmash, Antonov, Nikolaev Shipyard, Kremenchug Steel Plant, Azovmash, Zaporozhye Automobile Plant, Kremenchug Assembly Plant, Odessa Port Chemical Plant and many others.

?It's worth noting that the Russian offer did not exclude the European offer. On the contrary, Russia was ready to see Ukraine as a mediator between the East and the West and help it turn into a hub for trade between Russia and Europe. However, European offer was less accommodative and in fact demanded Ukraine to choose one of the sides.

?Naturally, Western block promoted their offer through affiliated Ukrainian media that promised beautiful and prosperous life in Europe without mentioning the costs of it and without specifying who exactly will live this beautiful and prosperous life. One could think that Soviet people have already fell for this kind of propaganda back in the end of 1980s, but here it came again and a good part of Ukrainian society also fell for it.

?As public discussion of these initiatives was going on, it marked another split in Ukrainian society. About 45 percent Ukrainians believed the media and wanted EU association no matter what, about 20 percent wanted deal with Russia and the rest did not want any association at all and wanted to keep things as they are.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #1112 on: November 07, 2022, 10:08:31 AM »
It is almost like globalists only care about enriching themselves.

Why share what can be taken?

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #1113 on: November 07, 2022, 10:27:25 AM »

I don't recall such things in other wars and I only hear this from the Kiev side.
Correct me if I am wrong, with other war examples.
Back around 2014 Kiev backed goons forced 150 demonstrators into the Odessa Trade Union House and set it on fire, killing around 50. Today you can find BBQ specials in Kiev restaurants labelled "Trade Union House."
I find this morbid and unique.

The translation of the sign of Ukrainian rolls for sale allegedly says.

https://t.me/UkraineHumanRightsAbuses/13325
? Pastry in Cherkassy (Western Ukraine): Delicious just like crussified Russian children

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #1114 on: November 07, 2022, 10:43:09 AM »

More on the history of the Ukr EU vs RU deals back when.
I recall that the EU added some requirements to a deal at the last moment, if the former Ukr president is to be believed. He said it was like a pre-nup presented at the altar and he refused.

https://t.me/grigoriev_maxim/411
?The rest is well known. Without Russian subsidies and preferences Ukrainian economy was surviving solely through the government taking more and more loans creating debt burden for many generations ahead. Ukrainian industry was destroyed, Ukrainian forests were cut down and sold to Europe, Ukrainian agricultural lands ended in foreign hands and hands of local oligarchs. Ukraine did bite a hand that was feeding it and soon found out that new masters are not so generous and won’t give them anything for free.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #1115 on: November 07, 2022, 12:11:33 PM »
Yah, don't care about Uke angst on Rus...I didn't suffer under Soviet pogroms so I cannot begrudge anybody their animosity...

It would be like someone questioning my low opinion of DemoCommies and Cucks...how dare you!

Now, back to regularly scheduled programming...

The only reality that matters

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #1116 on: November 07, 2022, 01:11:26 PM »
Someone reminded us that when the USSR fell apart the experts predicted that Ukraine would be the richest country out of the mix. It goes to show that culture matters. The corruption was incredible. As I understand it, Russia managed to get their oligarchs under some control. Maybe Putin made them an offer they could not refuse, gangster style. In Ukraine that did not happen.

Then much later the anti Russia sanctions hit Ukraine hard. I  was horrified for Ukraine at the time.
The Russia market was closed to many Ukraine industries but other markets like EU were protected so they were screwed. I am no expert on Ukraine, but I read that the western part is agricultural and Kiev is an extractive administrative city, like DC.

I have no problem noting  unique Ukrainian behaviors. I understand ethnic slurs, discrimination, and name calling.What did we call enemies in wars?  I understand how people act in wars. I used to think the USSR were big meanies after WWII. Later I thought they were not that bad in historical context. What would mongols or the Romans do? Russia left after a short period of post war occupation, not plow salt into the soil.

I saw a video of people in a Kiev nightclub in 2014 cutting open a Russian baby cake while imitating it's please for help. Because Ukraine was part of the USSR? So was Buttfukistan. They don't do that. Most cultures don't.

I read that Russians suffered most under communism relative to other USSR regions. Maybe because their wealth was used to expand communism and subjugate other regions? Now they do not have to share and are doing OK. US News did a long special long ago on how the USSR benefited the "stans." Reminded me of the Romans and their conquests.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #1117 on: November 07, 2022, 01:31:58 PM »
The Ukrainians were never allowed to be Ukrainians...under anybody...

I know from family history...

My grandfather fled in early 20's, not even 16 and walked, with other immigrants...to Hamburg...then Ellis Island etc...

Ukrainians under Austro-Hungarian rule were 3rd class citizens...and had to speak Polish, because the Poles were 2nd class citizens used as bureaucrats to administer A-H law and regs unto the people...akin to telling Americans they have to speak Mandarin, read Mandarin...conduct all business in Mandarin...then under Soviets they had to speak/write Russian...over the centuries from the fall of Rome to now they've largely been overrun by one warlord or another...they had a brief bit of independence as princes of the Kievian Rus...until their fellow Rus from up north realized they were bigger more numerous and powerful than their kinsmen to the south and began their domination of them...

Being a peasant sucks enough...lack of opportunity beyond farm laborer or factory laborer or house servant sucks enough...forced to adopt a foreign language and keep your own culture behind closed doors is an insult...

Those Stans that were bettered as it were were not bettered culturally...they too had to conduct business in Russian...maybe they got indoor plumbing and semi-modern farming contrivances...a rudimentary modern education of sorts...they still knew they were lower caste...

But hey, we freed our slaves and made them equal...fat lot of thanks we got for that, eh?  Century and a half later and they act like they are still in chains...too stupid to realize they put the chains back on their own necks...maybe permanent bitch status is the way to go...

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #1118 on: November 07, 2022, 02:44:37 PM »
I have had a habit of putting on video blogs from different countries. Lots long ago from China then the same guys from Vietnam. One New Zealand guy from all over including hitch hiking Iran. Many recently from Russia. All over the place. Bald and Bankrupt. Some religious Australian immigrant farmers near Altai.

One young woman went through a typical Russian school day. She also went through the first day of school all over the federation, Sept 1. It is big deal. The curriculum is the same all over. Then she said in the republics with a second official language this slot is where they teach that language. I had no idea. So I looked it up. 21 of 22 republics have at least one more official language other than Russian.

My impression is that in such a polyglot region you have to make efforts to get along. Kiev decided not to any more. I am sure Russian is more equal than the other language(s) in the Russian federation but still ...... In order to hold things together they cut the republics some slack.

I saw one episode of Bald and Bankrupt. He went to some enclave Sokh. The Sokh enclave is a very symbolical place in the Fergana Valley and in Central Asia. It is mostly populated by ethnic Tajiks, belongs to Uzbekistan, and is located in the territory of Kyrgyzstan. They speak a different language than the outside country it is part of.

It is like Iowa belongs to Canada but they speak German.

IMO the imperial languages have more speakers and literature than others. English is the grand daddy of imperial languages. How did that happen? One small island!

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #1119 on: November 08, 2022, 08:23:50 AM »
They are more tolerant under post-Soviet Russia than Soviet Russia, No?!

/

So, The Putin Doctrine of seizing territory where people (had to) speak Russian in the Soviet days and where settlement (of ethnic Russian) people in these areas (under said previous Soviet and Imperial Russian governments) makes domination of these areas (or having their pro-Russia puppet running the whole country) is sufficient legitimacy to annex territory?  How many people speak English around the world where the US and England could annex them?  How does that make the Russian government more ethical than the West wanting their puppet running things?  Toe-may-to/toe-mah-to!  Same thing.  As I said, nobody wants to give the Ukrainian people a true legitimate chance at independence. B-b-b-but they are too corrupt?  No sh*t?  Where did they learn that from?  Corrupt Imperial Russia, Soviet Russia, Western exploiters?  All of the above.

No angels, no saints, no morally superior folks involved on any side of this.  That is the only truth.