Author Topic: The Battle over East vs West (Russia vs Europe) continues in Ukraine  (Read 90248 times)

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Superhero
Re: The Battle over East vs West (Russia vs Europe) continues in Ukraine
« Reply #1780 on: December 05, 2023, 11:32:42 AM »
Blinken is lying while Ukrainians around Avdiivka bleed out and Russia loads up more Persian missiles for the next barrage...

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/blinken-says-no-fatigue-among-nato-supporting-ukraine-russia-amasses-missiles-ahead
Western officials are making escalatory statements and are again floating the idea of closing the “NATO lake” to Russian ships, which would likely be viewed by Moscow as an act of war.

Geez. I know if there is a war that the US might do X. Why not STFU about it?
I recall the last time the Finns and Germany blockaded Leningrad, 1 million people starved to death. The Russians have not forgotten about it.

The Black Sea? NATO warships in the Black Sea vs Russian missiles?
When the law becomes a ruse, lawlessness becomes legitimate. -unknown

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #1781 on: December 05, 2023, 01:26:43 PM »
Hey, everybody has their own lake, all is well...
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #1782 on: December 06, 2023, 12:48:09 PM »
SecDef Austin threatens to ignore the Constitution and deploy US military to Ukraine if more funding for this losing effort is not passed by Congress...all based on a fraudulent premise!!!

https://amgreatness.com/2023/12/06/lloyd-austin-threatens-to-deploy-troops-if-ukraine-aid-is-shut-down/

It's beyond frustrating and vexing that folks are not calling this jackass out!!!

He has ZERO authority to deploy squat into a war zone. 

His premise is total bullsh*t!    Why?  Because of what he/they/them are not saying but which they defiantly cling to - NO NEGOTIATIONS WITH RUSSIA!

Everyone should tell this POS to FO and demand negotiations commence IMMEDIATELY!

Ukraine is losing and will continue to lose because they've all but depleted their people...no amount of money or weapons or ammunition is going to change the facts on the ground...and Austin and they/them can only expand the conflict up to and including WWIII rather than see any peaceful end to the carnage.

Their position is completely insane and bloodthirsty.

Without negotiations there isn't even a chance to see if a negotiated peace is possible...making ever increasing carnage only more certain.

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #1783 on: December 06, 2023, 02:59:49 PM »
Went to the Breitbart link. No direct quote from Austin. This is not a criticism of the post BTW.

Austin is a POS who is trying to raise more money for Raytheon before he returns. Putin wants the Baltics as much as he wants a case of herpes. See also Moldova and Georgia. If the US goads an attack on Transnistria or South Ossetia or a blockade of Kaliningrad   I could see problems. US Marines trained Georgia troops and they attacked south Ossetia and Russia counter attacked and the Georgia govt was punished by voters.

The Baltics are an example how feminized govts do stupid things. They got to be in the spotlight recently and feel real important.

Here is a positive thing from Georgia. Pretty girls, good music, and dancing. A mashup from two movies set to music.
https://youtu.be/FS-siemT6eQ

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2023/12/05/report-defense-secretary-warned-congress-u-s-troops-could-be-deployed-if-ukraine-aid-is-not-sent/

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #1784 on: December 07, 2023, 09:02:43 AM »
Haven't seen McCaul back-peddle on what was said...

PS - The Kenyan's puppet pretty much confirms it too -

If Putin attacks a NATO Ally — if he keeps going and then he attacks a NATO Ally — well, we’ve committed as a NATO member that we’d defend every inch of NATO territory.  Then we’ll have something that we don’t seek and that we don’t have today: American troops fighting Russian troops — American troops fighting Russian troops if he moves into other parts of NATO.

https://theconservativetreehouse.com/blog/2023/12/06/biden-threatens-direct-u-s-troop-fights-against-russia-if-congress-doesnt-fund-ukraine/

And, Sundance not surprisingly agrees with me that The premise is nonsense.

Anyway, Ukraine is all but toast...

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/zelensky-will-pay-his-mistakes-says-kiev-mayor-vitali-klitschko

They better give Z the boot and pivot to Klitschko or Zaluzhny if they want to survive in any configuration of a state...

As for the Baltics, the Rus can go eff themselves...they have the Black Sea, Baltics are European...stay in your own lake!

« Last Edit: December 07, 2023, 09:28:50 AM by Libertas »

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #1785 on: December 08, 2023, 01:02:56 PM »
This is just wonderful...

I warned about the claims to get Uke's up to Western military standards...that was the easiest to call BS on IMO...

That and the lack of any credible air defense...

And their assault goals were far from realistic...

And did I not also call the Rus tactical retreat a sucker ploy the Uke's & propagandists swallowed whole?

I guess all those 155mm shells should have never been sent because it appears it hardly made a difference for several reasons...

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2023/12/dissecting-washington-posts-analysis-ukraines-failed-counter-offensive/

And in the next link the overkill minefields and mud rendered any use of clearing and armor pointless and the employment of drones, tripwires, booby-raps and aforementioned mines made infantry operations a meat-grinder.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2023/12/dissecting-washington-posts-analysis-ukraines-failed-counter-offensive-2/

And morons want to send more hundreds of billions into this sh*tshow...

Insane.

What should happen is a mirror of what the Rus did - fortify and protect what you have with a series of lateral and concentric defenses and get asses at the negotiation table to end this sh*t!  Anything else is bloodlust for WWII.

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #1786 on: December 09, 2023, 02:33:53 PM »
Soros wrote in 1993 a proposal. Use eastern European troops with western tech to reduce a large number of NATO body bags. Going according to plan. Too cold blooded for my tastes.

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #1787 on: December 09, 2023, 06:05:43 PM »

Good newer book kinda related to the Ukraine war. The title refers to something broader than the Ukraine War. "Why the West Can't Win", by Dr. Fadi Lama. SmoothieX12 interviews him twice on youtube.
I finished the book. The finance stuff is over my head.

In short, the "Money Powers" have been taking control of western countries for a very long time. Then using those countries and other proxies into fighting wars on their behalf. E.r. Remember the saying "All wars are bankers wars." US two time medal of honor winner Smedley Butler said he was just muscle for Wall Street.

The author learned that there is a very high correlation between energy use and standard of living.

The west has been using the world finance system to extract wealth from less developed countries. I do not understand this stuff. See Prof. Michael Hudson for all the details on this.

Countries like Russia, Iran, and China have been taking steps to opt out of the western finance system. Russia, Iran, and Venezuela have huge fossil fuel reserves and are no longer under control of the west.

Hedge funds control most of the western MSM and can also take over corporations. In the past the MSM and govts could be counted on to create a virtual reality which did change reality. E.g. The US and EU energy sources are declining and based on virtual realaity.

The trends for the west are headed downward while those for Russia, Iran, and China are headed upward, Many countries in the global south are starting to keep more of the wealth they create.

The US weapons development has a very poor track record lately.

https://youtu.be/7ANJPdkJAZQ
https://youtu.be/fBX6RaN3JOU

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #1788 on: December 11, 2023, 11:59:04 AM »
Everything all sides are doping will ensure greater conflict, not peace.

Pretty sure I am done GAFF.

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #1789 on: December 12, 2023, 03:54:06 PM »
I do not go out of my way to find some stuff but just come across it. From misc history posts and some social media I get the  impression that people in EU and especially central and western Ukraine and some of Poland really are raised to hate Russians. Some pretend it started on Feb 24, 2022 but it goes way back often as hatred of "the other."

In 1915 Lvov people were hung from the nearest tree for speaking Russian. Later sent en mass to a concentration camp in Austria. I read it goes back further than that. EU people portrayed Peter the Great as an ape when he opened to door to EU. I came across some history where it goes back to the 11th century in the split in Christendom between the catholic church and the eastern orthodox church.

I saw a post by the official Ukr eng language spokesperson "Sarah" (trans) where she said that Ukr were Europeans and Russians were Mongols who needed to be led. I'll be she heard that as accepted wisdom.

IMO these Ukr people really drank the NAZI cool-aid. That does not put food or money on the table. Not much upside.

I saw some headline to the effect but did not understand the details of the Ukr law below.  It may shock some people but there were Russians in the Russian empire. Also Ukrainians, Hungarians, and may others.  Eastern Ukraine (the Donbass) was full of Russians.

What is the upside to this law?

https://archive.is/GxVuI

“We would never have done anything like [the special military operation] if they had not started to destroy Russia in our historical territories, expel people from there, declared Russians a non-indigenous ethnic group in Ukraine. Have they gone completely crazy? Are they completely – how can I put it more bluntly – nuts?” Putin told the medal recipients.

The president was apparently referring to Ukraine’s Law On Indigenous Peoples, adopted in 2021. The legislation recognized only three ethnic groups – Crimean Tatars, Crimean Karaites and Krymchaks (Crimean Jews) – as the country’s indigenous peoples.

The legislation denied indigenous designations to Russians, which amounted to at least one fifth of Ukraine’s population, according to various estimates, and to other minorities, such as the ethnic Hungarians and Belarusians who reside in the country’s west and north, respectively. Moreover, all three ethnic groups recognized by the ‘indigenous peoples’ law predominantly live in Crimea, which split from Ukraine in 2014 and joined Russia after a peninsula-wide referendum.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #1790 on: December 13, 2023, 08:57:43 AM »
Again, not going to belabor this...people conquered by others...populating new lands with new people and calling it "historical" presence...well, sure Nazis had a "historical" presence in Russia in WWII, too bad they didn't leave squatters to lock-in that "historical" presence, eh?

I find it incredulous when people find it difficult to understand when conquered people bristle at being dominated in the slightest by the same people...

I guess the lesson is obvious...genocide, if no one is left to bitch about it there isn't a problem, eh?

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #1791 on: December 13, 2023, 09:05:39 AM »
In other news...an obvious conclusion...

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/what-would-happen-if-us-stopped-supporting-ukraine

Of course they'd be forced to negotiate...   ::)

There is a second option but I don't see it happening nor would I recommend it - surrender and pleading with Putin to be merciful.

Yet the childish and moronic leadership back here insists that of Republicans refuse to be puppet Biden's bitch and cough up endless funds for Ukraine then Russia wins...

Umm, they already have won, dipsh*ts!  Ukraine is spent in human and material resources, their offensive is a massive failure that saw a small net gain in territorial shift to Russia and throwing more money at a lost cause to an all but depleted Ukrainian army is a waste of time, money and blood.

The only sane and humane thing to do is to negotiate, period.

And if Western idiots want to put their boots on that ground, leave America the frack out of it.

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #1792 on: December 13, 2023, 07:17:50 PM »

Again, not going to belabor this...people conquered by others...populating new lands with new people and calling it "historical" presence...well, sure Nazis had a "historical" presence in Russia in WWII, too bad they didn't leave squatters to lock-in that "historical" presence, eh?

I find it incredulous when people find it difficult to understand when conquered people bristle at being dominated in the slightest by the same people...

I guess the lesson is obvious...genocide, if no one is left to bitch about it there isn't a problem, eh?

Who was conquered, say in the Donbass? What group was conquered, when, and by what group?

It helps to provide dates as you did above. Germans invaded Russia the last time in WWII. I think that Russia (Peter the Great?) imported lots of German farmers to maybe Volgograd to teach Russians better farming techniques. They had limited self government and spoke German. They got kicked out after some war with Germany.

It helps to know some history. When did the ethnic Russians some to the area of Kharkhov and Crimea? What group was there before? How about Tatars? Hungarians? When did the ethnic Ukrainians come to the area of Kiev? How about the Poles and Ukrainians to Lvov? Maybe Lvov had Polish landlords and Ukrainian serfs. The answer may be that those groups were there for a long time, hundreds of years, and govts drew map lines around them. It did not much matter which part of the Russian empire you were from even after Lenin drew lines to create Ukraine SSR. . Trouble comes when some group decides the whole place belongs to them often because of some mythology.

In Balkan Ghosts, Kaplan said that for every hectare in the Balkans there are 3 or 4 groups who once ruled there and some think they should again.

People with no knowledge of history think there was a country called Ukraine where people spoke Ukrainian and the place was invaded by Russians. That is very ignorant and very wrong. Lenin drew lines on a map and named the SSR Ukraine as Ukraine means border or borderland as it was the border land of the Russian empire. Some maps labelled the border region Ukraine. Ukr NAZI infused militants drank the NAZI cool aid and decided that since the SSR, then country, was named Ukraine that only Ukrainians belonged there.  I heard different statistics but one was that 37% of people in Ukraine IDed as Russian before the coup. I recall another was only 20%. Donbass was mostly Russian with some ukr migrating in for industrial jobs.

I do not know who was in Kharkov before ethnic Russians came or near Kiev when Ukrainians came etc. Preindustrial societies often do not support high population densities. So maybe not many people. I do not think that eastern Ukraine was filled with ethnic Ukrainians. It does not help that such people had no standardized language and were mostly illiterate, save some priests.   Russians have been in Sevastopol with the Russian black sea fleet  since before the US was a country. Maybe they kicked Turks out. Stalin deported some Tatars from Crimea and imported some more Russians and some Ukrainians.

I heard a woman talk in Chicago on youtube. She was born in the Ukraine SSR then grew up after the USSR fell. I do not know the exact years. She said they used the same science and math books every year but the history books were re-written every year and replaced.

I hear the words that come out of the mouths of various groups on social media, especially videos. The Russians call the Ukr brother Slavs and think they went crazy. The Ukr militants think they are almost a different race and are not afraid to say so. They say they want to drive the subhuman Russians (civilians) out of Donbass. I think many raise their kids from birth to hate Russians and have for a long time. I learned that people were hung from trees in Lvov 1915-18 for speaking Russian.  I heard someone say they went to a Russian city maybe Moscow and everyone in the room had at least one Ukr grandparent. That NAZI cool aid and racial mythology is bad for everyone.

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #1793 on: December 13, 2023, 07:23:44 PM »

Around 3 min in. fake, dubbed Ze asks for money. Humor.
https://youtu.be/hMVhaUiM4wQ?t=176

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #1794 on: December 14, 2023, 09:17:56 AM »
Did not the Kyivan Rus spawn Slavs that became Ukrainian and Russian Slavs?

Linguistically they both emerged concurrently.

Who displaced who?  Good question.  Pick a date.

Also, Kyivan Rus came from Oleg the Viking in the Belarus/Ukraine/Russia convergence points of today...why cannot the Swedes reassert their land claim?

All I know somebody was speaking Ruthenian and Ukrainian somewhere...show me where and then let us see who is there now, OK?

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #1795 on: December 14, 2023, 09:30:17 PM »

The news on these Ukr NAZIs keeps coming. OMG. Language violations?

https://www.reddit.com/r/antiwar/comments/18imgll/ukraine_has_published_a_map_of_violationsnow/

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #1796 on: December 15, 2023, 10:28:55 AM »

The news on these Ukr NAZIs keeps coming. OMG. Language violations?

https://www.reddit.com/r/antiwar/comments/18imgll/ukraine_has_published_a_map_of_violationsnow/

Just to be clear, it is the shrillness and pettiness of this almost fake Ukrainian nationalism that gets to me. It is very recent, mostly since 2014. Lots of internet videos of people attacking others, even returning veterans, for speaking Russian. Often the pro Ukr people cannot speak Ukr well themselves.  Sometimes the harassers will break out laughing when it becomes clear they do not even know the Ukr words to use. I think Russian is a cosmopolitan big city language and Ukr is more rural.

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Superhero

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #1798 on: December 15, 2023, 01:03:42 PM »
Modern era maps are useless when discussing linguistic genesis...

Ukrainian is a lineal descendant of the colloquial language used in Kievan Rus (10th–13th century). It is written in a form of the Cyrillic alphabet and is closely related to Russian and Belarusian, from which it was indistinguishable until the 12th or 13th century. Ukrainian resembles Russian less closely than does Belarusian, though all three languages are in part mutually intelligible.

After the fall of Kievan Rus in the 13th century, the dialectal characteristics that distinguish Ukrainian from its sister languages emerged, but for many centuries thereafter the language had almost no literary expression, a result of Ukraine’s long political subordination. It was not until the end of the 18th century that modern literary Ukrainian emerged out of the colloquial Ukrainian tongue. Like Belarusian, the Ukrainian language contains a large number of words borrowed from Polish, but it has fewer borrowings from Church Slavonic than does Russian.

https://www.britannica.com/topic/Ukrainian-language

https://www.britannica.com/topic/Russian-language

Basically this says there was a common language in the East Slavic group that split apart after the fall of the Rus and documents the suppression of Ukrainian people to use their language...

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #1799 on: December 15, 2023, 07:44:53 PM »

https://t.me/iEarlGreyTV/8342
#smee

Putin's Schrödinger's cat in quantum entanglement The Telegraph

- Having been defeated, Vladimir Putin is getting desperate!

- Putin is close to victory. Europe must be terrified. Ukraine's time is running out, EU faces the fate of the Holy Roman Empire

Jimmy Dore had fun contrasting the Dec 11 NYT with Dec 12 NYT
Ukr is losing then RU is losing.

watch 1 or 2 min.
https://youtu.be/PDgPElV_jKw
 NY Times Prints STAGGERING LIES To Keep Ukraine War Going!
The Jimmy Dore Show