Author Topic: CME Leaving Chicago?  (Read 8279 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
CME Leaving Chicago?
« on: June 10, 2011, 07:00:37 AM »
Frankly, I hope they leave, the union dominated states are in a massive decline and their thirst to wring more taxes out of those still around is going to be insatiable.  Screw 'em, leave now while you can!

http://www.chicagotribune.com/business/breaking/chi-cme-group-threatens-to-leave-illinois-over-taxes-20110608,0,4140752.story
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
Re: CME Leaving Chicago?
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2011, 08:27:56 AM »
Wow, an almost straight across 10% corporate tax rate as well as property taxes over twice what they are in Minnesota (Sister pays $4,000+ on a home who's value is now below $200k), as well as 10%+ sales taxes.  All to fund the most corrupt political machine in the country, 100 years running.

What's not to love!

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2011, 08:40:37 AM »
Yeah, what a deal, eh?

/

charlesoakwood

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2011, 09:24:02 AM »

Another article speculated it is moving to Dallas and opined the other trade groups would follow.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2011, 10:34:51 AM »
 ::praying::

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2011, 11:24:43 AM »
Read the comments for an unending stream of economic illiteracy.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2011, 11:32:32 AM »
In the mean time little businesses get crushed in Illinois.

They don't get a break.

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2011, 11:35:11 AM »
Yeah, they (the idiots) can circle down the drain too...

::)

Hello Texas!

::whoohoo::

charlesoakwood

« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2011, 11:51:27 AM »

Can't see them moving to Atlanta, maybe NC.

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2011, 12:35:02 PM »
If you've ever wondered what kind of dumb@$$ voted in the Chicago Machine for 100 years running?

I'm sure all these CME people, rolling in loot, will be oh so happy to be driving their Proches and $100+ sports cars around the streets of LaPorte, Indiana. Their wives and girl friends won't miss Michigan Ave shopping and expensive restaurants at all! What a joke. The businesses weasle their way out of taxes to begin with, so it is hypocritical of them to complain to begin with. What a bunch of scumbags.

Who wouldn't be proud to call "Scrumble" their neighbor?

Yes, it really does take trash to represent trash.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2011, 12:46:04 PM »
I wouldn't be proud.  Embarrassed, annoyed & angry maybe!

:P

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2011, 02:26:01 PM »
If you've ever wondered what kind of dumb@$$ voted in the Chicago Machine for 100 years running?

I'm sure all these CME people, rolling in loot, will be oh so happy to be driving their Proches and $100+ sports cars around the streets of LaPorte, Indiana. Their wives and girl friends won't miss Michigan Ave shopping and expensive restaurants at all! What a joke. The businesses weasle their way out of taxes to begin with, so it is hypocritical of them to complain to begin with. What a bunch of scumbags.

Yep.  Never occurs to this dumbass the shopping and restaurants will spring up in response to demand and available money.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline pumpkinil80

• Newb
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2011, 09:54:17 AM »

Do you have any clue what the CME does?  To say all these CME people rolling in the loot makes me believe that you do not.  The people that work for the CME group are not traders... they own and operate the trading platform that the traders use... so before you go around talking about their cars and money you should learn what they do... you sound like an idiot, people working at the cme make no more than people running a comparable business in any sector. 

Secondly, they arent moving the trading floors, so those rich idiots you talk about will still be in chicago.

I for one think that it would be sad to see chicago lose the CME group... illinois/chicago really needs to rethink their tax structure before we run all of the good business out of the state.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2011, 10:43:25 AM »

Do you have any clue what the CME does?  To say all these CME people rolling in the loot makes me believe that you do not.  The people that work for the CME group are not traders... they own and operate the trading platform that the traders use... so before you go around talking about their cars and money you should learn what they do... you sound like an idiot, people working at the cme make no more than people running a comparable business in any sector. 

Secondly, they arent moving the trading floors, so those rich idiots you talk about will still be in chicago.

I for one think that it would be sad to see chicago lose the CME group... illinois/chicago really needs to rethink their tax structure before we run all of the good business out of the state.

Do you have any clue that the quote you find so objectionable was a comment made at the Chicago Tribune site by a certain "scrumble" and not by anyone here?

Reading comprehension much?  that you walk in here as a newbie and start calling folks here "idiot"?
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2011, 10:55:18 AM »

Do you have any clue what the CME does?  To say all these CME people rolling in the loot makes me believe that you do not.  The people that work for the CME group are not traders... they own and operate the trading platform that the traders use... so before you go around talking about their cars and money you should learn what they do... you sound like an idiot, people working at the cme make no more than people running a comparable business in any sector.  

Nice first post..... I'm gonna cut you a break and believe it was nothing more than an over reaction. You didn't comprehend the source, dude.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2011, 11:23:23 AM »
Welcome pumpkinnil.  It's refreshing to see someone new here without a link to the latest penis growing remedy at the bottom of their post!

::grouphug::

Offline pumpkinil80

• Newb
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2011, 12:11:52 PM »
First off, I am not a dude, dude.  I thought you were the source, so I apologize for wrongfully accusing you. I find this page slightly hard to follow and the trib article link above doesnt link to that quote.  My reaction however is not an overreaction to the statement, I think its quite fair (to whoever said it).   

As one of the wives of those CME people rolling in loot, I can guarantee we are not.  As I said earlier, whoever said that has no clue what the CME does.  They do not trade... I don’t know the exact figure but probably about over 75% of the organization is IT and leaving Chicago to reduce tax dollar expenditures to increase shareholder value doesn’t make them scumbags, it makes them sensible businessmen/women. 

PS, this goes without saying, but I have no clue how to use this site... I have tried to post this post several times to no avail... hopefully you will only see this once.  :)

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2011, 12:27:06 PM »
Uh oh! Time for the NRLB to step in and prevent the relocation!
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2011, 12:54:43 PM »
BTW, welcome pumpkin. Your apology is appreciated. It can be an awkward thing to enter the room with ones back up based on misinterpretation of the conversation, so you get kudos for admitting your mistake.

We like feisty. We are feisty. Get a lay of the land here, and be feisty.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2011, 12:58:27 PM »
First off, I am not a dude, dude.  I thought you were the source, so I apologize for wrongfully accusing you. I find this page slightly hard to follow and the trib article link above doesnt link to that quote.  My reaction however is not an overreaction to the statement, I think its quite fair (to whoever said it).   

As one of the wives of those CME people rolling in loot, I can guarantee we are not.  As I said earlier, whoever said that has no clue what the CME does.  They do not trade... I don’t know the exact figure but probably about over 75% of the organization is IT and leaving Chicago to reduce tax dollar expenditures to increase shareholder value doesn’t make them scumbags, it makes them sensible businessmen/women. 

PS, this goes without saying, but I have no clue how to use this site... I have tried to post this post several times to no avail... hopefully you will only see this once.  :)

Sorry.....Dudette.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.