Author Topic: Radical Rage: Marxist Mob Plans to Occupy Wall Street  (Read 2100 times)

Offline jpatrickham

• A Regular
  • "No morn ever dawned more favorable than ours did;
Radical Rage: Marxist Mob Plans to Occupy Wall Street
« on: September 16, 2011, 11:14:30 AM »
Friday, 16 September 2011 05:43 Matthew Vadum

The artwork associated with a political movement says a lot about that movement.

"The US Day of Rage’s Twitter feed features a photo of a defaced ten-dollar bill. Someone has added black hair and a Hitler moustache to Founding Father Alexander Hamilton, whom Congress honored in 1999 as “the man who more than any other designed the Government of the United States.”

The Founders as Nazis: that’s what the leftists who plan to occupy Wall Street tomorrow think of the American experiment. It’s not as if the media-savvy organizers of the US Day of Rage don’t understand the significance of the Founders. The event’s website constantly invokes the name of Publius, the pseudonym that Hamilton, James Madison and John Jay shared as they wrote The Federalist Papers.

» If you like this article, please subscribe to our daily newsletter
Organizers of the event swear up and down that the mass protest will be nonviolent in nature. This raises the question of why they named their event after the original “Days of Rage” that took place in Chicago in 1969. That tumultuous year, members of what was later to become known as the Weather Underground provoked four days of riots and demonstrations against The System.

The September 17 protest comes months after ACORN founder Wade Rathke wrote of an “anti-banking jihad” and SEIU operative Stephen Lerner promised to “bring down the stock market” through a campaign of disruption. Sociologist Abby Scher said she was bullish on the potential of Lerner’s plan to cause massive upheaval. “As Frances Fox Piven and [Richard] Cloward taught us … poor peoples’ movements are successful when they create conditions of ungovernability. And then you win victories.”

It’s not entirely clear what will transpire in Lower Manhattan, but don’t believe US Day of Rage organizers when they say their event will not turn violent. They claim they are “fighting a war for the soul of our nation, its people.”

http://www.rightsidenews.com/2011091614515/life-and-science/culture-wars/radical-rage-marxist-mob-plans-to-occupy-wall-street.html?

Huh! Don't know to buy or sell? ::confused::
« Last Edit: September 16, 2011, 02:46:56 PM by jpatrickham »

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
Re: Radical Rage: Marxist Mob Plans to Occupy Wall Street
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2011, 02:27:38 PM »
My daughter and I were just reading about Hamilton in her history lesson this morning.
:)

These day of rage people are stupid, dangerously stupid.

I hazard a guess that most of the participants would have trouble figuring out how to turn on a shower knob yet they think they're embarking on some great significant event that will make up for their miserable existence.

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline jpatrickham

• A Regular
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2011, 12:25:30 PM »

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2011, 03:54:55 PM »
The "Day" of rage is supposed to last, like the riots in Egypt, for weeks until they bring down the man or something.

It's a joke.

Hundreds showed up over the weekend. That is "hundreds." Not thousands or tens of thousands but hundreds. That's marginally better than, say, dozens but not much better.

Drudge has a couple of articles posted that chronicle the farce.

Here is a quote from one:

As a chilly darkness descended, a few hundred people realized one of the day’s objectives by setting foot onto Wall Street after a quick march through winding streets, trailed by police scooters.

At William Street, they were blocked from proceeding toward the stock exchange, and the march ended in front of a Greek Revival building housing Cipriani Wall Street. Patrons on a second-floor balcony peered down.

As some of the patrons laughed and raised drinks, the protesters responded by pointing at them and chanting “pay your share.”

It really sucks when you are not taken seriously in your bid to be, you know, taken seriously.

Here's another quote from a different article:

Inspired by events around the world, she drew the analogy to Tahrir Square in Egypt and said the power of the people is leading to change.

"I'm here, I'm tweeting," said one protester.

The protest was also being streamed live around the world, and one protester estimated that at least 5,000 people were watching.

This is comical. And pathetic. The only "power of the people" among this group of losers is the power of their body odor.

They keep trying to recreate the 1960's and keep coming up empty. The closest that they have gotten in recent memory was in WI and that only happened because they were union goons who were getting paid to be there. I hope it rains on them.

Idiots.

« Last Edit: September 18, 2011, 03:59:14 PM by trapeze »
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2011, 03:58:43 PM »
They're idiots because they don't realize their progenitors been there, done that, and then went places that would allow them to finish calmly what they started violently.

This is a good, informative piece >>  http://www.theblaze.com/stories/guest-post-tracing-the-origins-of-the-days-of-rage-protest/

H/T RD
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2011, 11:31:00 PM »
Absolutely terrific photo essay over at PajamasMedia.

This is a "must see" item. Why?

Because then you will understand why I posted this.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2011, 07:38:06 AM »
People need to remember to use chamberpots once stuff like this is announced...it's best to have appropriate material available to fling out windows when this trash rolls into town...
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2011, 10:09:11 AM »
thanks for the link ,trap.  I laughed all the way through it.
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2011, 05:31:35 PM »
thanks for the link ,trap.  I laughed all the way through it.

I thought it was hilarious. ::hysterical::
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline rickl

• Established Member
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2011, 06:45:15 PM »
That was awesome.  Zombie has outdone him/her/itself.

My favorite caption (concerning protesters wearing Guy Fawkes masks):
But I’ve always wondered this: How hypocritical is it to wear a plastic toy, designed and licensed by the Warner Brothers corporation, and manufactured in a polluting slave-labor Chinese factory, to advertise a mainstream Hollywood film, starring overpaid actors, the profits from which will go to corporate shareholders, and yet you think that by doing this you’re somehow anti-capitalist and anti-authoritarian?
We are so far past and beyond the “long train of abuses and usurpations” that the Colonists and Founders experienced and which necessitated the Revolutionary War that they aren’t even visible in the rear-view mirror.
~ Ann Barnhardt

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2011, 07:09:25 PM »
A cardboard sign with stupid comments......Zero dollars (borrowed or stolen paper and markers)

Transportation to an irrelevant event.....Zero dollars (crappy bike)

Being outdone by a Mexican fiesta with corporate sponsorship.

Priceless.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2011, 09:18:03 PM »
I will not soon recover from the sight of that old hag flashing her sagging udders.

::puke::
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2011, 09:38:14 PM »
I just want to go on record to show that this is a lefty parading a picture of Øbozo as Hitler:

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2011, 09:42:47 PM »
I will not soon recover from the sight of that old hag flashing her sagging udders.

Brings a whole new meaning to the term "T&A" (teats and azzholes)... ::speechless::

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2011, 09:45:33 PM »
"I'm sorry sir, but you smell like something that died. You'll have to go stand over there away from the normal people."

Offline rickl

• Established Member
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2011, 09:52:16 PM »

“Stop ignoring me! Repeat: Stop ignoring me! I am haranguing you, and you must respond, even if to disapprove. Without your attention, I have no existence!”
We are so far past and beyond the “long train of abuses and usurpations” that the Colonists and Founders experienced and which necessitated the Revolutionary War that they aren’t even visible in the rear-view mirror.
~ Ann Barnhardt

Offline jpatrickham

• A Regular
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2011, 12:07:44 AM »
Is it our turn yet? ::exitstageleft::

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2011, 05:06:53 AM »

At William Street, they were blocked from proceeding toward the stock exchange, and the march ended in front of a Greek Revival building housing Cipriani Wall Street. Patrons on a second-floor balcony peered down.

As some of the patrons laughed and raised drinks, the protesters responded by pointing at them and chanting “pay your share.”

e]

If I had been one of the "patrons" on the balcony , I would have called down to the protestors ; " Hey ... Anybody got change for a hundred dollar bill ? "

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2011, 11:39:29 AM »
Quote from: Sectionhand
If I had been one of the "patrons" on the balcony , I would have called down to the protestors ; " Hey ... Anybody got change for a hundred dollar bill ? "

Speaking of that, in the picture of the Glorious Subversive Revolutionaries burning dollar bills, you will note that they didn't make a more profound point by burning real money. Why not light up a $50 or $100? I mean come on, surely there'd be plenty more left in the trust fund. Or could it be that they like the radical posturing but are nevertheless undermining their own "message" by assigning value to those bills?
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2011, 11:52:00 AM »

I sent the link to my daughter and that's the first picture she commented on!