Author Topic: Penn State Scandal  (Read 13437 times)

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
Re: Penn State Scandal
« Reply #60 on: November 15, 2011, 08:25:57 AM »

H/T RickZ
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline BMG

• Established Member
« Reply #61 on: November 15, 2011, 08:55:02 AM »
I wonder when Nambla will step in and offer to help pay his legal fees...

...maybe Nambla can become the new ACLU!
“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.” 
- Patrick Henry

"The more corrupt the state, the more it legislates."
- Tacitus

Offline BMG

• Established Member
« Reply #62 on: November 15, 2011, 12:49:08 PM »
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/college/jerry-sandusky-i-seeking-young-person-sexual-helped-article-1.977730

At one point, about seven minutes into the interview and after Costas asked Sandusky about the 40-count indictment he faces for sexually abusing boys over a 15-year period, and Sandusky replies that he is innocent of those charges, Costas asks Sandusky if he fits the classic MO of a pedophile.

Sandusky's reply at the 19:01:01:00 mark of the interview is perhaps the most damning of the entire session:

"Well -- you might think that," Sandusky said. "I don't know. (LAUGHS) In terms of -- my relationship with so many, many young people. I would -- I would guess that there are many young people who would come forward. Many more young people who would come forward and say that my methods and -- and what I had done for them made a very positive impact on their life. And I didn't go around seeking out every young person for sexual needs that I've helped. There are many that I didn't have -- I hardly had any contact with who I have helped in many, many ways."
“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.” 
- Patrick Henry

- Tacitus

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #63 on: November 15, 2011, 01:42:17 PM »
"And I didn't go around seeking out every young person for sexual needs that I've helped."

Yeah, not every!

We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline BMG

• Established Member
« Reply #64 on: November 15, 2011, 01:48:30 PM »
Yeah, that's the implication here Libertas! Not every...just every other!
- Patrick Henry

- Tacitus

Offline BMG

• Established Member
« Reply #65 on: November 15, 2011, 01:50:36 PM »
Of course, this is pretty telling too:

"Are you sexually attracted to young boys, to underage boys?"

"Am I sexually attracted to underage boys?" Sandusky repeats.

"Yes," Costas answers.

"Sexually attracted, you know, I -- I enjoy young people," Sandusky says. "I -- I love to be around them. I -- I -- but no I'm not sexually attracted to young boys."

Seems to me a simple 'yes' or 'no' would have been a pretty good answer here...

It's almost like his lawyer is trying to get this guy convicted.
- Patrick Henry

- Tacitus

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #66 on: November 15, 2011, 01:51:38 PM »

"Yes," Costas answers.

"Sexually attracted, you know, I -- I enjoy young people," Sandusky says. "I -- I love to be around them. I -- I -- but no I'm not sexually attracted to young boys."

::hysterical::

Works for me!

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #67 on: November 15, 2011, 03:28:34 PM »

"Yes," Costas answers.

Works for me!

I heard this excerpt today and the guy sounded like he was just asked if he liked ice cream.  I think if I was accused of a horrendous crime like he has been I would've sounded a little more outraged and be more assertive about my innocence.  Which leads me to wonder if this guy is a sociopath who has no feelings towards others beyond what he can get from them.

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #68 on: November 16, 2011, 06:38:12 AM »

"Yes," Costas answers.

Works for me!

I heard this excerpt today and the guy sounded like he was just asked if he liked ice cream.  I think if I was accused of a horrendous crime like he has been I would've sounded a little more outraged and be more assertive about my innocence.  Which leads me to wonder if this guy is a sociopath who has no feelings towards others beyond what he can get from them.

People who abuse kids have to have something off in the head, that's for sure, but I won't go there, no need making it easier for his lawyer to get him off on a nutjob defense, which as far as I can see is the only hope this guy has of avoiding the pen!

ETA - Did you happen to notice how spooky close this guys house is to an elementary school?  It is literally his backyard, a little fence, a playground and the school!

::speechless::

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #69 on: November 16, 2011, 09:35:06 AM »
  If convicted all he needs is jail in general population.
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #70 on: November 16, 2011, 09:40:33 AM »
  If convicted all he needs is jail in general population.

Yup.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #71 on: November 16, 2011, 09:41:41 AM »
And there is this development...McQueary "stopped it", not physically in the manner I would have with fists flying, but verbally...

http://www.mcall.com/news/breaking/mc-penn-state-scandal-mcqueary-20111115,0,1687969.story

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #72 on: November 16, 2011, 10:12:41 AM »
And there is this development...McQueary "stopped it",

On another board, someone mentioned this is in contradiction to his grand jury testimony

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #73 on: November 16, 2011, 11:23:17 AM »
Still leaves  a lot of questions doesn't it?

If he stopped it what did he do with the kid?  Did he call the parents or the police then?

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #74 on: November 16, 2011, 11:44:54 AM »
The proper actions look obvious to me....beat down the perp, put a towel around the kid and get him the hell out of there and call the cops!

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #75 on: November 16, 2011, 11:48:13 AM »
The proper actions look obvious to me....beat down the perp, put a towel around the kid and get him the hell out of there and call the cops!

WHY is it so OBVIOUS to us?   I still hear people discussing this as if there was another option.   ::facepalm::

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #76 on: November 16, 2011, 11:51:48 AM »

WHY is it so OBVIOUS to us?   I still hear people discussing this as if there was another option.   ::facepalm::

They gotta be libiots, or carriers of the disease...

::)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #77 on: November 16, 2011, 12:28:02 PM »

It's OBVIOUS to us because we would not have stopped to first consider what it would cost to act thusly -- and sometimes doing the right thing definitely incurs a cost in terms of unexpected personal and occupational blowback.  Been there, done that, got the kick in the ass for my trouble and I'd still DO IT AGAIN.

Apparently, Sandusky's proclivities were an open secret around Penn, and for years; exposing the university to scandal by blowing the whistle on the guy, and his protectors, had to be a consideration in the decision not to call the cops.  McQueary chose to self-protect and he's paying a price anyway.

Don't misunderstand me; I'm not making excuses or offering "options", just describing the depths to which society has sunk in these matters.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #78 on: November 16, 2011, 12:58:09 PM »

Werre not covering our buts and saving our jobs. Who the hell would hire a coach involve in this mess at any level. The cowards.
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #79 on: November 17, 2011, 07:54:31 AM »
OOPS!

Pennsylvania police say no record of Mike McQueary reporting Jerry Sandusky alleged sex abuse incident with young boy

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/college/pennsylvania-police-record-mike-mcqueary-reporting-jerry-sandusky-alleged-sex-abuse-incident-young-boy-article-1.978833#ixzz1dyFIPij9

Back to square one!

::gaah::