Author Topic: Virginia Teacher Charged With Assault: Girl’s Hand Cut in Forced ‘Islamic Hand S  (Read 3302 times)

RickZ

Could have gone in 'Culture Watch: Black Trash Edition', as well.  So what's an 'islamic hand sign', a muslim brotherhood secret handshake?  An al-qaeda 'V' for victory sign?  What?  Or is islam just another thug gang 'representin'?  That last gets my vote.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/virginia-teacher-charged-with-assault-girls-hand-cut-in-forced-islamic-hand-sign-drill/#

Virginia Teacher Charged With Assault: Girl’s Hand Cut in Forced ‘Islamic Hand Sign’ Drill

An elementary school teacher in Chesapeake, Va. has been charged with simple assault after a parent claimed her daughter’s hand was cut open as a result of the teacher yanking her arm aggressively while trying to teach students an “Islamic hand sign.”

Officer Leo Kosinski, a spokesman for the Chesapeake Police Department, told TheBlaze that Tara Harris was criminally charged with a misdemeanor on Oct. 11 and released on a summons. The case is currently under investigation.

“It’s still a criminal charge. It happened at the school and it involved a student,” Kosinski said. The police department could not release any additional information.

Stephanie Bennett, the mother of the 10-year-old girl who was allegedly assaulted at Butts Road Intermediate School, told TheBlaze in an emotional phone interview that Harris has a disturbing trend of “indoctrinating” students with Islamic teachings. She also said the teacher openly campaigns for President Barack Obama in the classroom.

The incident of alleged assault occurred on October 2, according to Bennett.

“The teacher was going over Islamic hand signs with the children — she stayed on this issue for two days straight during their reading and math class,” she said.

Bennett’s daughter suffers from a processing disorder, making it difficult for her to quickly grasp things like hand signs. “Not that she’s uneducated or anything. It’s just a processing problem,” the mother said.

When Bennett’s daughter was unable to do the Islamic hand sign correctly after two days of instruction, Harris became frustrated and attempted to twist the girl’s fingers to make the Islamic gesture meaning “power and strength.” The way Bennett described it, it sounds like an upside A-OK hand gesture. It is unclear exactly which “Islamic hand sign” was being promoted as the source information comes from children.

“When she didn’t get it right, [Harris] went over and yanked her hand out of her desk and my daughter’s hand got hung up on the metal wire on her file folder and the skin got caught on it,” the mother explained, her voice cracking with emotion. “The other children saw my daughter’s hand dripping with blood after the teacher had gotten so mad that she went to twist my daughter’s hand into an Islamic sign.”

After her child came home with the cut on her hand and she learned what had happened, Bennett immediately filed a police report. She claims to have pictures of her daughter’s injuries. She has agreed to share the pictures with TheBlaze, however, they were unable to be sent digitally late Wednesday night.

She says the day after the incident school officials informed her that Harris had been placed on administrative leave. On Tuesday, she was then informed that the teacher had been terminated from the Chesapeake Public School system all together. Her termination can not be independently confirmed as the messages left with multiple officials with the school system have not been returned. Attempts to contact Harris were also unsuccessful.

The mother said her daughter told her that Harris “prays to Allah in Arabic” around five times a day in front of students and teaches them about Islam and how it is superior to other religions. Bennett claims other parents have confirmed her suspicions after talking with their kids.

One of those parents, Nita Redditt, told TheBlaze that her young son confirmed Bennett’s story. The boy said he was “scared” to go back to school the next day after she found out, she added.

“I think he was intimidated,” Redditt said. “I couldn’t believe what was going on in the classroom in regards to this teacher praying to Allah and having them pray with her.”

Bennett said she wants the Chesapeake Police Department to conduct a full investigation into Harris’s actions. She also wants to know why she wasn’t notified immediately when another parent complained to Butts Road Intermediate School officials about Harris campaigning for Obama in the classroom and bashing Republican GOP nominee Mitt Romney.

Bennett said a school resource officer intially told her that “speaking in Arabic wasn’t against school policy.”

“Kids can’t stand up and fight for themselves. Someone’s got to fight for them,” Bennett said. “Why didn’t someone call me? Why weren’t any of the parents notified?”

What is strange is that no local news outlets appear to be reporting on the incident — not even the fact that a public school teacher was charged with assault.

Chesapeake Public Schools is still reeling from fresh allegations of criminal activity against one of its teachers. WAVY reports that Bryan Carter, an assistant principal at Indian River High School, was arrested earlier this month and charged with abduction, burglary, attempted robbery and assault and battery.

PilotOnline.com, which serves the Chesapeake area, also reported on Wednesday that a Virginia Beach piano teacher had been charged with sexually abusing a 14-year-old boy.

So why are local media not covering the story involving Harris, a veteran teacher in Chesapeake, allegedly assaulting a 10-year-old student and forcing her class to learn Islamic hand signs? What makes this story different?

TheBlaze will continue to follow up with Chesapeake Public Schools for additional information on this developing story.

The local paper, the Virginian-Pilot, used to be a 'leans conservative' operation in a Navy town but was taken over years ago by the NYTimes.  Now it's progressive slop.

This is the same paper that would not publish the story of two of their reporters being dragged out of a car at a red light in downtown Norfolk last spring because the assault was carried out by a mob of over 30 black 'yutes'.  The paper is now so PC that of course they won't report on a muslim teacher injuring a student because they're not quick on the uptake grasping 'islamic hand signs'.  Covering such a story would just create more islamophobia among the local rubes, so they fall back on that tried and true journalist dictum of 'lying by omission'.

And this nonsense of campaigning in the classroom full of little kids, or any age actually, has got to stop and such teachers fired for cause, screw any union contract 'rules'.  The parent is right, the school covered up for the teacher proselytising for Owebama in the classroom, and though the teacher is supposedly fired because of the injury incident, answers need to be provided about why this teacher was allowed to continue in the classroom, going so far as forcing kids to listen to her pray 5 times a day to Allan.

I hate lawyers, but I'm thinking lawsuit against the teacher and the school system, listing the schools superintendent and other ranking educrats as plaintiffs, if only to get at the truth which the educrats will attempt to cover up.

But the local news operations not covering this story due to the islamic angle?  Completely understandable, given the journo-list mentality permeating most news organizations.  If we don't report it, it never happened!

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
This teacher praying is not exactly what I'd describe as "speaking in Arabic", which is incidental to the fact that the ACLU et al. goes to great lengths to harass Christians who pray in public, and this woman is indoctrinating children into islamic practices.  I've never heard of 'islamic hand signs' either, so one has to wonder exactly what the hell she was doing.

Why did it take a girl's cut hand for this to be brought to the attention of parents and then the school administration?
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

RickZ

I just checked the school's website, and there is not a 'Tara Anything' listed as a teacher, so I have to assume she's gone from this school, most likely to resurrect her 'career' by failing upward in some other school district.

As for the 'Black Trash Edition' comment, that is an assumption based on the name 'Tara' and that I cannot find one image of this woman.  Blacks are more likely to convert than whites, and converts are the most 'into' islam and that whole religion of peace/greatest thing since sliced bread garbage and being very pushy about it, not to menton her indoctrinating the kids for Owebama Mmm Mmm Mmm!  My training and experience in reading the news and understanding of the PC culture means I'll take the teacher to be black until a picture proves otherwise.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
If it turns out she's not Black, I'll eat my hat.

And, speaking of the ACLU (as I did in a previous post), check this out ......

http://itsaboutliberty.com/index.php/topic,6977.new.html#new
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
...Blacks are more likely to convert than whites...

Very true, but we have an experience that counters it, and proves the rule, so to speak. Our now 18 year old son's first grade teacher was Mrs. al Rifai - a pleasant, sweet, portly little red-headed woman with freckles. She happened to marry a Muslim and convert to Islam. She never covered her hair, and she was as American as apple pie.

Mrs. al Rifai was the image of Islam that people like George W. Bush and Barack Hussein Obama would have us believe is the norm worldwide, and that freaks like Osama bin Laden and Tara Harris are the extremists.

I think the opposite is true. Mrs. al Rifai is the extremist, according to Islam. Tara Harris is the "good" Muslim.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
Kids are on their own at school. 

When I told my mother I was going to homeschool she spent an hour harassing me over it. At one point she wanted to know why I couldn't keep an eye on my kid by being an active parent at the school like she did.  I didn't have the heart to tell her all the stuff that went on over the years with me and my siblings.  You can't protect your kid by bringing cupcakes to school and chatting with the teachers occasionally.

I realized as an adult that school becomes like a prison--you just accept the way it is.  Only if it gets really bad to do you say anything to your parent.  Because even if they solve that problem there'll be another to take its place. 

I only realized this all as an adult and I had deprogrammed myself.  (And that wasn't even the reason we choose homeschooling.)

I homeschooled my oldest because I came to realize that based on the way she learned she'd never be successful in a classroom as a child.  Only over the years as I read stories like this am I so glad I had the resolve to homeschool despite the grief I got for years. 
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
Kids are on their own at school. 

When I told my mother I was going to homeschool she spent an hour harassing me over it. At one point she wanted to know why I couldn't keep an eye on my kid by being an active parent at the school like she did.  I didn't have the heart to tell her all the stuff that went on over the years with me and my siblings.  You can't protect your kid by bringing cupcakes to school and chatting with the teachers occasionally.

I realized as an adult that school becomes like a prison--you just accept the way it is.  Only if it gets really bad to do you say anything to your parent.  Because even if they solve that problem there'll be another to take its place. 

I only realized this all as an adult and I had deprogrammed myself.  (And that wasn't even the reason we choose homeschooling.)

I homeschooled my oldest because I came to realize that based on the way she learned she'd never be successful in a classroom as a child.  Only over the years as I read stories like this am I so glad I had the resolve to homeschool despite the grief I got for years. 

I got into an abstract (because we have/had no kids) argument with my mother-in-law over home-schooling because she kept insisting kids need "public school" in order to become "socialized".  I cannot understand the failure of otherwise rational adults to think that through.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
I got into an abstract (because we have/had no kids) argument with my mother-in-law over home-schooling because she kept insisting kids need "public school" in order to become "socialized".  I cannot understand the failure of otherwise rational adults to think that through.

And those of us who homeschool ask "socialized for what?"

I told this before I'm sure--the friend who once asked me how my child would learn to sit at a desk and stand in line and wait her turn.

::thinking::

I wanted say that while it might take your daughter 12 years I was pretty sure mine would pick it up quicker.

Instead I smiled and said I'm sure she'll get it.
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
“Kids can’t stand up and fight for themselves."

Explains why this parent still sends kids to public indoctrination centers! 

This is a completely bullsh*t statement!  YOU teach your kids to stand up!  YOU teach your kids what is acceptable and what is not.  YOU teach your kids to challenge unacceptable crap like this on the spot!  And YOU communicate to the teachers and administrators where you send you kids what your instructions are regarding YOU'RE kids, what is not acceptable, what they will do if confronting it and that THEY will be held accountable by YOU!

Otherwise stop sending your kids to indoctrination centers.

As for this idiot teacher...breathing through a tube would be getting off lucky if that crap was pulled on any kin of mine!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

charlesoakwood

RickZ, good to see you.

It just keeps getting better doesn't it.

RickZ

RickZ, good to see you.

It just keeps getting better doesn't it.

Health issues.  I literally cannot read as much as I used to as it really is not good for my heart.  Another reason for me not watching the debates, just the high/low lights.  Screaming at the tv will only land me in the hospital.

I don't know about 'better', though.  I think you're confusing 'better' with 'interesting times'.  And boy oh boy do we live in interesting times.

I must say, I do want this election over.  I'm thoroughly sickened by the Owebama Administration and the free passes the Fellatio Media has given all there incompetencies.  I want some friggin' adults back in charge, not beer pong graduates good with the late night dormroom bullsh*t sessions.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero

This is a completely bullsh*t statement!  YOU teach your kids to stand up!  YOU teach your kids what is acceptable and what is not.  YOU teach your kids to challenge unacceptable crap like this on the spot!  And YOU communicate to the teachers and administrators where you send you kids what your instructions are regarding YOU'RE kids, what is not acceptable, what they will do if confronting it and that THEY will be held accountable by YOU!

As for this idiot teacher...breathing through a tube would be getting off lucky if that crap was pulled on any kin of mine!

I have to disagree with part of this.  My parents taught us to stick up for ourselves but day in and day out as a kid you just don't have the wherewithal to always do it.  Yeah, there were times I or one of my siblings marched home to get mom to march back to the school but not always. I once had an issue with a teacher and on my own met with my guidance counselor who then set up a meeting with me, her and the teacher.  The teacher lit into me to the point I cried (I don't cry easily--I get mad) and the counselor apologized to me and told me to leave.  Of course, I was still stuck in her class the rest of the year. I didn't tell my mom because it wasn't worth the hassle.  

I teach my kids to stand up for themselves and they have but they're still kids....

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero

I have to disagree with part of this.  My parents taught us to stick up for ourselves but day in and day out as a kid you just don't have the wherewithal to always do it.  Yeah, there were times I or one of my siblings marched home to get mom to march back to the school but not always. I once had an issue with a teacher and on my own met with my guidance counselor who then set up a meeting with me, her and the teacher.  The teacher lit into me to the point I cried (I don't cry easily--I get mad) and the counselor apologized to me and told me to leave.  Of course, I was still stuck in her class the rest of the year. I didn't tell my mom because it wasn't worth the hassle.  

I teach my kids to stand up for themselves and they have but they're still kids....

Maybe it is different for boys, I recall instances where I wasn't having what the teacher was dishing and went to the principals office and told him to call my Father.  I didn't have to see the guys face to know what was going on, I knew what was going on, and that teacher was never an issue again.  I can see girls in similar situations, or even passive boys, waiting until they get home.  But I know my sister is really good about setting boundaries with her boys teachers.  And I don't understand passive boys.  Those are my bias's and experiences anyway.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
Different era, Libertas, I think. 

Today maybe it would be different in terms of setting boudaries before anything happens.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
You sayin' I old?!   ::speechless::   ::facepalm::   ::unknowncomic::

::hysterical::

Yeah, I is!   ;D

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
You sayin' I old?!   ::speechless::   ::facepalm::   ::unknowncomic::

::hysterical::

Yeah, I is!   ;D

I like old people.    ;D    ::exitstageleft::

charlesoakwood

When I was in elementary school we started the day with a prayer and the pledge of allegiance, teachers and the system were responsible for personally maintaining those values and promulgating those values to the students.  They were trusted and respected.  Thanks to modern academia they graduate with bizarre concepts and the idea that's it's their responsibility to impart them to their students.  Today, they are the reeducation camp.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
Yeah, different era.  It's a shame, it's just a (liberal idiot) man made shame.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
I was part of an awkward generation, starting elementary school in the early 80s.  With this generation of kids you had parents and grandparents who still remembered the old values, where the teacher was an unimpeachable authority figure (and adults in general). But this was occurring alongside the "new" values in school, where teachers were busy indoctrinating the little skulls full of mush with left wing psychobabble rather than the three Rs of the old days.

As a kid, you were told by the teachers and principals in no uncertain terms that hitting back against an aggressor was absolutely no more acceptable than starting it. It's like leftism everywhere, put people into "law of the jungle" conditions and then mandate a sense of victimhood among them.

I'm kind of rambling here, but my broader point -- and this is why I refer to the Left as a cultural virus -- is that a large degree of the Left's success has come from infesting, taking over, and repurposing institutions originally established and still venerated by conservatives.  This can be education, the police, civil government, and even church.  I don't know what it is like now, but I remember mine and most of the kids' parents furthered this "the teacher is always right" mentality because they just blithely assumed school was basically the same as it was when they were in it 20, 30 years earlier.

The Left is extremely insidious in this way, and through this subterfuge they enlist nominally conservative people into advancing their cause out of some misplaced respect for things that are no longer anything like they once were.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
Here is my hand signal to islam..... ::effu::
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.