Author Topic: Bunker2011  (Read 27126 times)

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
Re: Bunker2011
« Reply #200 on: October 21, 2011, 10:22:45 AM »
fun, fun,fun!!

::danceban:: ::danceban:: ::danceban::
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #201 on: October 21, 2011, 10:51:09 AM »
Wait... you've got me married to LadyV?

I'm gonna need some pics.  ::exitstageleft::
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #202 on: October 21, 2011, 10:54:15 AM »
Wait, nevermind... I've got it covered...

"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #203 on: October 21, 2011, 11:05:47 AM »

Wait... you've got me married to LadyV?

I'm gonna need some pics.  ::exitstageleft::

Wait, nevermind... I've got it covered...

Now IDP, I TOLD you not to be showing that around town.

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #204 on: October 21, 2011, 07:51:35 PM »
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Delnorin

• Free Speech While It Lasts
« Reply #205 on: October 22, 2011, 12:50:00 AM »
Updated Virginia's photo in last story entry.

Offline Delnorin

« Reply #206 on: October 22, 2011, 03:04:07 AM »
Tanya steps back after a long kiss with her husband in their housing quarters, "You be careful okay Del?"

Delnorin nods with a smile as he reaches down and picks up his black gloves off the metal coffee table and puts them on.  He glances over to his daughter Kendra, in her early teens as she's doing Algebra at the small table nearby, "Hey baby-girl, you be good for your mom while I'm gone okay?"

Kendra looks up just briefly and offers, "Yeah, whatever," and then goes back to her work.

Tanya half-smirks to Delnorin, "Teenagers," she says as the smile turns more genuine.

Delnorin hefts up the backpack and then slips his other arm through the strap and gets the pack in place, "Benjamin says I should be back in two or three days.  I can't tell you the details but it's nothing more dangerous than the things I've been doing so I should be just fine."

Tanya steps forward and gives her husband a soft kiss on the cheek, "We'll be here when you get back."

Delnorin nods and moves across the small room to the archway and pushes the green button on the large panel beside the door and the heavy steel door rises up on its gears inside the walls to allow his exit.

Stepping through into the hallway, Delnorin glances back to his family in their simple little home and then turns and walks down the hallway, the proximity detectors in the door assure he's through and then start closing the door automatically.

Delnorin's black SWAT boots announce his arrival as he comes to the intersection and he glances up at the mirror to make sure nobody is around the corner before he veers to the right and heads for the level 3 Hub.  Part way down the hall from the intersection, on his way to the Hub, an archway door on his left opens up and Priest steps out.

Priest has a large tool bag over his shoulder with at least forty pounds of wrenches, sockets, screw drivers, electrical testing equipment, tape, plumbing parts, a torch and dozens more items of his 'fix anything' trade.  His overalls are fresh and clean at the start of the day and he pulls on his blue baseball cap as he steps out into the hallway.

"Priest," Delnorin offers in greeting, "Morn'n."

Priest steps out into the hallway and his familiy quarters door closes and leaves the two to talk in near-privacy.  He reaches up with his right hand into the pocket of his overalls over his heart and pulls out a folded sheet of yellow legal paper and then offers it forward to Delnorin, "Here is that list I told you bout.  See if you can't get most of the items?"

Delnorin accepts the list and puts it into a pocket on his combat vest where he keeps a picture of his family and some personal items not related to combat, "I should be in a target rich environment for your supplies this time."

"The city?" Priest guesses.

Delnorin smirks, "You know I can't tell you that."

Priest grins and slaps Delnorin on the shoulder harder than necessary, "Yeah, I know.. but can't blame a guy for wanting to know what's going on topside can you?"

Delnorin chuckles, "Hey Priest, you seen Virginia?  I wanted to get some more of those chem ice packs from her before I go out."

Priest nods, "She gets up even earlier than I do.. she should be up at the clinic."

Delnorin nods and starts walking towards the Hub and Priest moves to walk with him in the same direction.

Priest chats as they walk together, "I've got to get down to sub level 12.  The cominuter on the sewer system keeps getting plugged with plastic.  We need to make the same announcement to everyone again.  No plastic down the toilets," he sighs in frustration.

Delnorin nods, "Maybe if we can find out who's doing it we can recruit them for a bit of extra duty down on sub level 12 with you.  Nothing changes a person's view and habits than experiencing the effects of their actions."

Priest nods as they step out of Colorado and into the Hub, "I'll bring that up at the next council meeting and see if I can get enough support.  If nothing else, maybe I can find out who's doing it by seeing who objects to the idea," he grins.

Priest and Delnorin both head towards the elevator but Delnorin stops and pushes the up button to ride it upward and Priest heads for the stairwell on the right.  One of the House-Rules, you only use the elevator when you are going up (unless you are transporting goods/equipment.. to conserve on wear/tear and electrical energy).

Delnorin waits at the large elevator door for some time alone as he waits for it to come from wherever it was last.  Early morning hours are quiet in this area.  The kids are still getting ready for school, the parents are preparing for their days at their own jobs and life is just easing into the new day.  

Though it is underground and the rising and setting of the sun has absolutely no influence on the life below in the Bunker, traditions are kept to help keep sanity and give people the natural day/night changes that help everyone cope.

Pandora steps out of the Montana archway into the Hub as Delnorin is still waiting and she looks over and catches his eye, "Hey there Del.  Did you decide on what Tat you wanted me to give you yet?"

Delnorin shakes his head just a little, "Not yet Pan.  I am thinking of just a simple cross right now on my upper right arm.  But I'm not sure yet."

Pandora continues heading across the open Hub towards the Mess Hall archway on the opposite wall as she talks to Delnorin, "Well, just let me know when you want it done, kay?"

Delnorin nods as Pandora heads then through the archway on her way to breakfast.

The freight elevator 'dings' as it comes to a stop on the level 3 Hub station and Delnorin hefts up the heavy door and then pulls down on the strap to open the inner clam-shell blast doors.  Stepping into the freight elevator on the thick hardwood floor he reaches up and pulls the outer door down and then he reaches up and pulls the strap to bring the top half of the inner door downward as the bottom half rises up to meet it in the middle and then he pushes the button for the level 2 Hub.

Delnorin rides the elevator upward in silence as he goes over the mission given to him last night by Benjamin.

1.  Proceed to outpost Bravo and take one of the scout dirt bikes towards the city.

2.  Arrive with caution at designated GPS coordinates (a small house near a gas station on the outer edge of the city).

3.  Protocols for interfacing with the informant at the house to get lastest intell about the city.

4.  Wait until nightfall and then head into the city.

5.  Objectives in City:
a. Gather intel on any UN activity, proceed to hospital near center of city to recon and acquire any medicines that might be left over after looting.  If
none present, confirm the source is no longer useful.
b. Proceed to National Guard Armory on North side of city (GPS coordinats given) and take inventory of situation.  Any activity in area, supplies.  If picked
clean after looting, confirm the source is no longer useful.  Look for communications equipment, possible secure locations where military personel might be
in hiding below ground.  Do not reveal location or any information about Bunker2011.  Strictly gather information.
c. Proceed to various electrical contractor supply stores/warehouses (GPS coordinates given) to get supplies for Priest.
d. While in city, gather intel on gang activity and report on any additional data which could be useful.

6.  Exit city only during hours of darkness and proceed to informant house.

7.  Refuel scout dirt bike and return to outpost Bravo (follow standard procedure for enemy activity to include crossbacks, deep valley travel, pushing
without engine use at times and extended down times to see if you are being followed).

The elevator eases to a stop and the button light for Level 2 goes out.  Delnorin opens up the elevator and steps out onto level 2 and then closes both sets of doors on the freight elevator before walking towards the clinic on his right past the gymnasium.

Delnorin pauses just a moment at the clinic door and then pulls it open after he gathers enough courage to face Virginia again.

Upon opening the door Virginia's voice barks at him, "Delnorin!  I haven't got all day to wait around for you to get your lazy butt out of bed and out of this Bunker today.  About time you showed up."

Delnorin takes in a breath and counts to five as he approaches her in the near sterile environment of her clinic.  He walks past the empty narrow beds with fresh sheets on them with their powered down sensors and meters on poles and their white pull-around curtains.  Nearing the central office of the clinic where the circular counter surrounds the Doctor Virginia's computer monitors and her assistants sitting quietly at their desks working, Delnorin upnods but doesn't say anything.

Virginia points to a small cardboard box on the counter nearest the doorway side, "Your chem packs are in the box."

Delnorin moves to the box and picks it up, deciding it might be better to jest snatch and grab but then feels bad and asks carefully, "You okay Virginia?"

The doctor looks like she's going to snap at him again and then sighs softly, "I'm sorry Del... I've been up for two hours already.  I woke up vomiting this morning."

Delnorin's facial expression lights up as he puts the pieces to the pscyho woman-puzzle together in his head, "Morning sickness?"

Virginia nods with a grimaces, "'fraid so."

Delnorin nods and slips the small box under his left arm, "Thanks for the chem packs.  I hope to maybe find some medical supplies for you today."

Virginia's eyes light up at that news, "The city?"

Delnorin chuckles just a moment, "You -and- your husband ask me questions you know I can't answer."

Virginia nods with a big smile, "Okay then.. well.. good luck.  And please, be careful.  Don't come back with any holes in you."

Delnorin laughs as he turns and heads for the level 2 Hub and moves on his way to the stairway on his right to climb up to the ground level and get his weapons and ammo as well as his armor from Larry at the weapons locker above.

Out of breath as he reaches the weapons check in platform, Delnorin closes the door behind himself and walks towards the cage as Larry can be heard chuckling to himself on the other side of the metal mesh wall.  Stepping up to the counter area, Delnorin can't help but laugh as he gasps for breath from the climb as he comes to see Larry wearing a bright red and yellow Hawiian flowered shirt on the other side of the metal mesh wall.

Larry's mouth is split in a wide smile as Delnorin comes into view in front of the cage, "I thought you'd like it," he says as he tugs with both hands on the front of his shift to smooth it out, "I wanted to remind you that you've got someone waiting for you back here."

Delnorin shivers in disgust, "Eeeewww".

Larry bursts out laughing as he starts to retrieve Delnorin's standard weapons choices.

Delnorin speaks up as he bellies up to the counter outside the caged room, "Instead of the Winchester this time Larry.. give me that Mossberg 500 12 gauge pump."

Larry hmms to himself as she moves to a different area in his room lined with shelves and racks of guns and ammo and armor, "Going into the city eh?"

Delnorin shakes his head with a grin, "Can't tell you that, you know that Larry."

Larry pulls out the proper shotgun and brings it back to the counter and starts the process of doing the paperwork, "Yeah.. and I'll probably find out soon enough anyway.. but still."

Delnorin and Larry work through the process of arming the scout for his mission.  The last item Larry signs out to him is an encrypted military radio that

Delnorin slides into a pouch on the back of his belt and runs the spiraling stretch cable and microphone up around and under his arm to come up and clip on the shoulder strap of his combat vest.

Larry offers to him as he completes the paperwork and turns it around for Delnorin to sign on the bottom, "Channel 12 today, 15 tomorrow and 3 the day after. If you're out longer than that you need to follow communications protocol for delayed entrance or authentication through one of the other outposts. Unless of course.. you want to just hang out at the outside door until I feel like coming up to see if anyone is outside waiting," he teases.

"Hey," Delnorin jokes, "I know that video camera has more than just the monitor for you here.  I'm pretty sure the Colonel has one in his office.. and there are probably other places."

Larry nods, "Yeah.. but it's not fun trying to mess with you when you know the security."

Delnorin grins and moves over to stand by the doorway that leads to the entrance chem/bio sniffer room.

Larry clears his throat, "Hey Del."

Delnorin glances back towards the weapons cage.

Larry offers over to the scout that is heading outside, "If you are able to go past my old house.  Can you check in and see if you can get the photo album that is under the bed in the master bedroom?"

Delnorin nods, "You bet Larry.  I'll make a point of doing that.  I'll make the time for it."

Larry smiles wide and presses the green button in his cage and the exit door clicks and then hisses as it opens up for Delnorin to leave.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2011, 01:34:30 PM by Delnorin »

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #207 on: October 22, 2011, 12:18:00 PM »
Pandora - maker of tats.   ::falldownshocked::   ::laughonfloor::

Good installment, Del.  One quibble, you've switched Virginia's name to Victoria.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Delnorin

« Reply #208 on: October 22, 2011, 06:07:04 PM »
Good installment, Del.  One quibble, you've switched Virginia's name to Victoria.
whoops, I'll have to fix that when I get home.  Thanks.

Offline Delnorin

« Reply #209 on: October 25, 2011, 01:34:57 PM »

There we go.. sorry it took so long.  Fixed now.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #210 on: October 25, 2011, 04:23:12 PM »

There we go.. sorry it took so long.  Fixed now.

Oh, thought maybe that was my evil twin.  hehehehe

Offline Delnorin

« Reply #211 on: October 27, 2011, 06:41:16 PM »
Need Help With Storyline:

Our daughter has Type 1 diabetes.  Without Insulin she will develop Keytones, her sugars will be nearly impossible to keep down into healthy ranges.  During the day she'd be required to exercise a good 8 hours a day and at night her sugars would swiftly climb to dangerous levels because she's not exercising.

As far as our family can find out; there is no 'natural' substitute for insulin.  When Walgreens stops handing it over (with our health insurance).. she's going to die.

Not sure I want to get into that in the story.. I think I'd rather 'cure' her.  But that's running from reality.

Suggestions?  After electricity goes down.. even the insulin stores in pharmacies will start to go bad.

Any ideas?

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #212 on: October 27, 2011, 11:10:25 PM »
You've invented roles for some of us that have nothing to do with reality -- you don't want to hear me sing, I can't play guitar, and I'd not be caught dead tattooing anyone -- so, invent a different story for your daughter in the same vein.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Delnorin

« Reply #213 on: October 27, 2011, 11:11:37 PM »
You've invented roles for some of us that have nothing to do with reality -- you don't want to hear me sing, I can't play guitar, and I'd not be caught dead tattooing anyone -- so, invent a different story for your daughter in the same vein.

All good points... good.  Back to being fun and not depressing again. :)

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #214 on: October 28, 2011, 07:16:49 PM »

See now I see you being perfectly comfortable jamming a needle in the skull of the right person and you in one of those moments you're rapidly becoming famous for. ::curtsy4::
 Filippo Mazzie

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #215 on: October 28, 2011, 07:34:57 PM »

See now I see you being perfectly comfortable jamming a needle in the skull of the right person and you in one of those moments you're rapidly becoming famous for. ::curtsy4::

That's not tattooing; that's assassination and how observant of you to notice.    ::angel::   

::saywhat::

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #216 on: October 28, 2011, 08:06:18 PM »

That's not tattooing; that's assassination and how observant of you to notice.    ::angel::   

::saywhat::

Don't you lift your brow at me I know who you are and still fear for the wellbeing of gunsmith. Who by the way has been MIA for far to long and I'm starting to believe he may never be able to post again. WHAT HAVE YOU DONE WITH HIM?? TALK TALK!!

::ohno:: ::ohno::
 Filippo Mazzie

charlesoakwood

« Reply #217 on: October 28, 2011, 09:28:34 PM »

He hasn't been here since he exhibited his last project.
A  long  time  ago.
                                ::praying::

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #218 on: October 28, 2011, 09:46:35 PM »

A  long  time  ago.

For all we know she canned him for an emergency. She'll eat anything in a pinch.
 Filippo Mazzie

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #219 on: October 28, 2011, 10:11:59 PM »

A  long  time  ago.

For all we know she canned him for an emergency. She'll eat anything in a pinch.

Now, now; we never eat our seed corn.  Silly wabbit.