Author Topic: Rain falls.....  (Read 1087 times)

Offline oldcoastie6468

• Conservative Hero
Rain falls.....
« on: November 23, 2013, 02:44:35 PM »
U.S. Coast Guard veteran, 1964-1968

Will Rogers never met Barack Obama. He would not like Obama.

I hate liberals. Liberalism is a disease that causes severe brain damage after it tries to suck knowledge and history out of yours.

RickZ

Re: Rain falls.....
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2013, 04:29:23 PM »
"Tears fall because the heart can no longer handle the pain."

Or you're slicing an onion.

Offline oldcoastie6468

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2013, 09:24:06 PM »
"Tears fall because the heart can no longer handle the pain."

Or you're slicing an onion.

Or you laugh so hard that tears flow.  ::hysterical::

I hate liberals. Liberalism is a disease that causes severe brain damage after it tries to suck knowledge and history out of yours.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2013, 08:39:08 AM »
I haven't cried in sadness for quite some time. But tears come to my eyes an awful lot these days. Usually when witnessing actual or depicted kindness, giving, poignancy, spirituality, selflessness, great talent, Godlinesss, humble triumph, or great artistic beauty. Sometimes I get overwhelmed in a moment with my many blessings or witnessing God's hand in this life, and the tears will come.

I don't bawl over any of these things, but the tears will flow - more so the older I get.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline oldcoastie6468

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2013, 10:39:45 AM »
I tear up during a parade when Old Glory passes, and when the big bass drum booms during patriotic marches.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2013, 11:20:58 AM »
I tear up during a parade when Old Glory passes, and when the big bass drum booms during patriotic marches.

Plus a little choked up during the National Anthem.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2013, 11:23:01 AM »

Watching the ceremonial presentation of the Flag to my grandmother at my granfather's funeral was an extremely emotional moment for me. When he whispered, "From a grateful nation..." I was sobbing. Even my hippy nihlist brother was sobbing.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline oldcoastie6468

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2013, 11:31:09 AM »

Plus a little choked up during the National Anthem.

Yep.

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2013, 06:49:40 AM »
Taps.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Magnum

« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2013, 06:08:19 PM »
When I first saw the Passion of the Christ and saw part of the Gospel being played out really got to me and still does. To think what Jesus did for me a worthless sinner.

When Billy Graham invites those to come forward who want to make Jesus the Lord of their lives and the choir sings Just As I Am..............

« Last Edit: November 25, 2013, 06:30:41 PM by Magnum »
"Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your GOD will be with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:9