Author Topic: 2016 Races...If Anybody Cares...  (Read 202900 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: 2016 Races...If Anybody Cares...
« Reply #620 on: March 09, 2016, 07:42:24 AM »
  The establishment will bow down and kiss the ring of whoever gets nominated.  They will have to hope to God the they don't get primaries once Trump or Cruz get in the WH.  Remember who will control the money.  After some of the comments made and having Mittens come out to do their dirty work they have a lot to worry about if and when it all blows up in their collective faces.

You have a good heart my friend...but the Establishmentarians do not...they will scorch the ground clean before bowing to Trump or Cruz...I have severe reservations as to their sanity...they have the elitist mentality, the unshakable belief that they are all that is standing between life as we know it and the abyss.  But the abyss is coming...slow or fast...and they think slow is better.  Slow will only make the pain exponentially worse.  Life as we know it is a chimera, a charade...underneath the thin layer of tranquility and prosperity is a deep layer of seething angst and roiling misery...stoked by the envy and hatred of class and racial demonization spewed by Progs and the greed and fecklessness of Ruling Class Pubbies and Crony Capitalists...when this caldera reaches critical mass...
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #621 on: March 09, 2016, 07:55:28 AM »
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/article/2585309

Trump calls for people to rally around him.  If this was Bush or Rubio the E-GOP would agree...but that's not going to happen.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/senator-record-number-of-minors-set-to-flood-the-southern-border/article/2585215

Rubio & Kasich in trouble in their own backyards...

This is really sending the cronies into a headless chicken dance...

Offline rustybayonet

• Established Member
« Reply #622 on: March 09, 2016, 08:19:25 AM »
Read this months ago and don't remember if it was posted, but it is having more and more impact as the primaries continue, so I feel it's worth the read or re-read  --- As in the forward Bennett said he never penned the enclosed letter, and doesn't know who the author is, but presently the way the 'power brokers' in the both parties have been reacting, I wouldn't put anything past them.  As for my disclaimer, I'm not a Trump fan, but anything would be better than the hilldabeast, and four more years of the pi*s poor Obummer fiasco.

www.truthorfiction.com/bill-bennett-theyd-kill-trump-before-they-let-him-be-president/

Apologies for the long post - Administration feel free to leave or remove at your discretion.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2016, 08:29:50 AM by rustybayonet »
All gave some -- Some gave all    Humbled to be one of the 33 original members of the Coast Guard Honor Guard, started in 1962.
 Today is the Tomorrow, we worried about Yesterday

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #623 on: March 10, 2016, 07:20:09 AM »
I can believe that, and for many reasons, some the same, both would probably rather see Cruz killed too. The E-GOP want somebody who can be controlled, the Dem's want their fellow traveller and if they can't have that they'd tolerate an establishment enemy who will capitulate on key issues...neither want a principled conservative or an uncontrolled rogue.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #624 on: March 11, 2016, 07:06:29 AM »
Perfect.

Describes the moonbat free-sh*t left to a "T"!

H/T - IOTW

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #625 on: March 11, 2016, 07:17:24 AM »
Another good one via WRSA -

H/T Banzai

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #626 on: March 11, 2016, 07:29:49 AM »
Of course The Cube strikes gold again -

::hysterical::

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #627 on: March 12, 2016, 10:48:21 AM »
http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/418998/real-primary-cthulhu-v-smod-jonah-goldberg

Dollars do not have any inherent value; as my favorite presidential candidate, the mighty Cthulhu (“Why Vote for a Lesser Evil?”) put it, dollars are merely “pieces of green paper backed solely by religious dogma.” (Cthulhu’s fiscal policy? “He permits his devotees to collect as much paper in as many colors as they happen to like.”). . . .

Smod describes himself as a “pre-cambrian conservative.” He has no cultists looking to rule in his name. He doesn’t endorse evil, merely the sweet release of planetary destruction. While Cthulhu can be a bit of windbag, Smod makes no speeches, he makes no sounds at all as he glides through the cosmic ether. Calvin Coolidge looks loquacious by comparison. Meanwhile, Cthulhu’s will is unpredictable, he vows chaos and anarchy here on earth. Smod provides what the market demands: certainty, predictability, and simple rules for a complex society. Who knows what Cthulhu will do tomorrow? With Smod there is no tomorrow. He has the single-minded focus only a cold and soulless inanimate object can provide.

I apologize if this already made the rounds.. first time I saw it.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2016, 07:40:57 PM by Weisshaupt »

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #628 on: March 12, 2016, 11:26:33 AM »
I hadn't seen it, so, thank you.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #629 on: March 12, 2016, 12:08:48 PM »
I've read the debates here, the for Trump, the against Trump, what he would be...what he might do. How he might lead, yada, yada, yada..... here's why I will support a Trump Presidency if it come to it.

After watching the Trump campaign shut down a rally in the hellhole known a Chicago because we have disruptive left wing nut jobs, true hate filled psychopaths, most likely bought and paid for by the democratic party. I've watched barack Obama divide this country like no other, I've watched representatives of the United States die because the democratic party allowed them to, dragged thru the streets of foreign lands...I've watched the IRS become a weapon, I've watched weapons, literally, be given to mexico, our military gutted, NASA turned into a muslim love fest, apology tours, concensus science, I've watched the Constitution shredded. I could go on forever and speak on what I've witnessed the last few years. I've also watched the republican party do nothing because I believe they are complicit to this countries issues.

So if a Trump presidency does nothing else but bring all this to the surface, like a huge, festering boil and allows us to deal with it like I believe it will need to be dealt with, it will be an unmitigated success. I can live with any other issues which may result in his presidency but I can't live with what is happening today.

This may be THE defining moment in our history because I have no faith in either party and when this happens, it is usually the individual igniting a change of course of history. Frankly, it's what we've witnessed in an Obama presidency. What I don't see is a Cruz, Rubio, etc really changing the dynamic of this country. Or this planet.

I see it, right or wrong, as our countries last gasp.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline ChrstnHsbndFthr

• Established Member
    • Affordable Bail Bonds of NC, LLC
« Reply #630 on: March 12, 2016, 03:21:16 PM »
I too may hold my nose and vote Trump.....if I have no other viable choice.......but, while watching him give a speech with the volume turned down......the idiotic statements....the wild crowd applause at nothing.....the over dramatic flair.....I thought......there is a huge difference between him and old Adolph in their speeches.......

Adolph did not have extra-firm-hold hairspray.
“My mission today is to go forth and tell people about why I follow Christ and also what the Bible teaches, and part of that teaching is that women and men are meant to be together.

“However, I would never treat anyone with disrespect just because they are different from me. We are all created by the Almighty and like Him, I love all of humanity. We would all be better off if we loved God and loved each other.”
Phil Robertson an elder in the church of Christ

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #631 on: March 12, 2016, 05:32:26 PM »
Not funny, the Trump > Hitler/Trump > Stalin implications.  Hadn't you had enough of that crap coming from the Left about GW Bush?
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
« Reply #632 on: March 12, 2016, 09:28:23 PM »
Not funny, the Trump > Hitler/Trump > Stalin implications.  Hadn't you had enough of that crap coming from the Left about GW Bush?

Political projection. They KNOW they're the ones wishing to raise a "generation of young people devoid of conscience - imperious, relentless and cruel" [Hitler]  - because that 's the ONLY framework in which their agenda of murder, perversion and stripped-bare freedom can thrive.

#SecondAmendmentSolutions
2 Timothy 1:7
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but of power & of love and of calm, a well-balanced mind, discipline and self-control.

Offline ChrstnHsbndFthr

• Established Member
« Reply #633 on: March 12, 2016, 10:09:41 PM »
GWB was one of the most inarticulate people to ever hold the presidency. And yet, he could still articulate why we should do certain things. He made an intellectual appeal. And he was relatively successful.

The comparison of him to Hitler is ridiculous. There is no appeal based purely on emotion. No appeal based on race. No appeal based on anything but the facts as he knew them.

Trump has made no intellectual appeal in his run. He is perfectly comfortable saying contradictory things to one audience after another. And he thinks we are too stupid to notice,  because his appeal is purely emotional. He is the very definition of a demagogue.

"Experience taught me a few things. One is to listen to your gut, no matter how good something sounds on paper. The second is that you're generally better off sticking with what you know. And the third is that sometimes your best investments are the ones you don't make."  I wish Trump had said THIS sort of thing while running for President. What Trump actually says is much more simple and emotional than that. He is making vague statements and a lot of "believe you me"'s and "trust me" and other stuff which adds nothing to the evidence.

There is no explanation of him being on all sides of every issue and his giving to everyone, including Hillary, Kerry, Mondale, Carter, etc.....except to say that is how it is done.

It is a purely emotional appeal. I realize some disqualify accurate comparisons simply because they use a certain person, but that does not make them less accurate. There is something in this man that triggers fear in me.  I see no moral center. I see a hunger for power and control, without a recognition of the rule of law or even an appeal to our intellect. 

It is true, I have acknowledged, that I may have to vote for him, not because I believe in him, for I do not, but because he is not Hillary. I KNOW she is evil. I am simply stating I see a pattern I do not trust in Donald Trump.
“My mission today is to go forth and tell people about why I follow Christ and also what the Bible teaches, and part of that teaching is that women and men are meant to be together.

“However, I would never treat anyone with disrespect just because they are different from me. We are all created by the Almighty and like Him, I love all of humanity. We would all be better off if we loved God and loved each other.”

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #634 on: March 12, 2016, 10:22:23 PM »
Fine; see what you see.  But the overblown comparisons are, frankly, ridiculous at this point.  Convenient rationalizations for Bush=not okay/Trump=ok are just that.  IIRC, such was said about Reagan, too, so it's trite as well.

Look, CHF; chances are Trump will get the nomination and, if he does, he needs to beat Hillary.  Period.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2016, 10:48:43 PM by Pandora »

Offline ChrstnHsbndFthr

• Established Member
« Reply #635 on: March 12, 2016, 11:11:28 PM »
I am soooo tired of hearing "that I can tell you" when he told me nothing in the first place. Just vague stuff. Yes, he TOTALLY has the "Okay, he's not Hillary" vote locked up if it comes to it. I just hope it does not come to it. He leaves me with an uneasy feeling in my gut.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #636 on: March 12, 2016, 11:36:44 PM »
Okay, I do get it.  I do.  But "Hitler/Stalin" just causes people to knee-jerk to his defense.

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #637 on: March 13, 2016, 08:27:39 PM »
Okay, I do get it.  I do.  But "Hitler/Stalin" just causes people to knee-jerk to his defense.
Knee jerk? If they had a clue as to the parallels we are to Germany and Italy of that same era then perhaps they would understand. Hitler/Stalin were very bad players in History and that's all they understand. They never look past anything past he surface. I won't claim Trump is as dark a soul as Hitler or Stalin, probably closer to Mussolini or that Chilean guy as fascists. As a fascist or nationalist I want none of it. Will I vote for him in the pinch against Hitlery? Nope. I'll stay home and load ammo.

If you don't want Clinton they they best makes sure Trump isn't opposing her. Besides, besides both are indistinguishable from the other. Natural rights never enter either's minds nor campaign. As we keep reminding each other, the country is screwed,  the Republic is DEAD. The mindless drones that inhabit her borders simply don't care unless it has something to do with the f**king handouts they receive.  ::deercorn::
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #638 on: March 13, 2016, 09:15:08 PM »
Oh fer crissake.

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #639 on: March 13, 2016, 10:32:28 PM »
If they had a clue as to the parallels we are to Germany and Italy of that same era then perhaps they would understand. Hitler/Stalin were very bad players in History and that's all they understand. They never look past anything past he surface. I won't claim Trump is as dark a soul as Hitler or Stalin, probably closer to Mussolini or that Chilean guy as fascists. As a fascist or nationalist I want none of it. Will I vote for him in the pinch against Hitlery? Nope. I'll stay home and load ammo.

TPTB have recreated the same circumstances here that lead to the rise of Hitler there. Is Trump the second coming of   Hitler? Who the hell knows. I  doubt it, but I wouldn't  exclude it from the realm of possibility.  Will the American people vote him absolute power to "fix things"  just as the Germans did? Probably. And George Washington he isn't. Very few men can put down the reins of power once offered and received.  There is such a thing as a good King, a benevolent dictator. The problem is and always been the selection process for such an office.  This C.S. Lewis quote is ever before my eyes

“Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. They may be more likely to go to Heaven yet at the same time likelier to make a Hell of earth. This very kindness stings with intolerable insult. To be "cured" against one's will and cured of states which we may not regard as disease is to be put on a level of those who have not yet reached the age of reason or those who never will; to be classed with infants, imbeciles, and domestic animals.”

I am pretty certain Trump will be the Robber Baron type. Hooray for us.