Author Topic: Now the Ebola has made it to North America...  (Read 28851 times)

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Re: Now the Ebola has made it to North America...
« Reply #60 on: October 02, 2014, 10:28:36 AM »
http://hotair.com/archives/2014/10/02/white-house-no-plans-to-block-flights-from-ebola-countries/

Y'all know what I'm thinking; I don't have to write a word.

Well Pan, the regime can't very well capitalize on a crisis unless there's a crisis. I'd say an outbreak of ebola would be just about the best justification imaginable for a government crackdown on every facet of life.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #61 on: October 02, 2014, 11:21:08 AM »
It needs to be screamed from the rooftops that this, and whatever it might turn into, is 100% the fault of liberalism.  I'm real curious to know why the hospital just sent that guy home at first.  Was it the worst sort of bored clerical indifference?  Or did some people make a calculation that, hey it's probably not anything serious, and why put my neck on the chopping block?

And here's another article to add to Pan's:  http://dailycaller.com/2014/10/01/white-house-we-wont-stop-ebola-carriers-coming-to-us/

Deliberate, y'all.  It's deliberate.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #62 on: October 02, 2014, 12:04:25 PM »
Not going to end well, nope, nuh uh.   ::machinegun::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #63 on: October 02, 2014, 05:16:26 PM »
I screengrabbed this from the facebook page of WFAA in Dallas...

"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #64 on: October 02, 2014, 05:18:15 PM »
Well they certainly seem to be taking great precautions with the runoff water don't they?
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline richb

• Established Member
« Reply #65 on: October 02, 2014, 06:12:48 PM »
i hate the media dot com has begun to call the Obama regime the "Obola administration". 

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #66 on: October 03, 2014, 12:06:57 AM »
So, basically, the state health authorities in Dallas are condemning 4 people to death by quarantining them in an Ebola infested apartment. We are in the best of hands.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #67 on: October 03, 2014, 12:38:17 AM »
So, basically, the state health authorities in Dallas are condemning 4 people to death by quarantining them in an Ebola infested apartment. We are in the best of hands.

The CDC should have sent a hazmat team to clean up, inside the apartment and out, in the interest of everybody's protection, not just the family.

Now, about the four people quarantined:  this is why this sort doesn't survive, as those in New Orleans after Katrina sat around waiting for ....... somebody else to rescue them.

Look here:

This West African 22 year-old nursing student cared for and nursed her mother, father, sister and cousin.  She cleaned, fed and medicated all four, losing only one to the virus, and remaining virus-free herself.

Every day, several times a day for about two weeks, Fatu put trash bags over her socks and tied them in a knot over her calves. Then she put on a pair of rubber boots and then another set of trash bags over the boots.

She wrapped her hair in a pair of stockings and over that a trash bag. Next she donned a raincoat and four pairs of gloves on each hand, followed by a mask.

It was an arduous and time-consuming process, but Fatu was religious about it, never cutting corners.

... She gave them medicines she obtained from the local clinic and fluids through intravenous lines that she started.

The West Africans are instructing others how it's done.  Some may learn and adapt.  For most, a regular hand-washing regime is treated cavalierly.

So now, we know, too.  At the very least, the CDC could have instructed the family how to take care of the apartment themselves, because people like them are not prone to figuring it out and prevailing.

Well they certainly seem to be taking great precautions with the runoff water don't they?

CHAPTER 7 - ANNEXES
www.who.int/csr/disease/ebola/Annex_18_risk_reduction_home_care.pdf

1:5 bleach/water may deal with it; perhaps stronger if the residue can't be contained.

"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #68 on: October 03, 2014, 01:24:35 AM »
Take a look at some of the pictures that go with this DailyMail story. Note the "Dallas County Judge" and two unidentified women seen going into the apartment of death with zero protective gear.

We are in the best of hands. The. Best. Of. Hands.

EDIT: Please also note that the genius apartment property manager* directed the parking area to be pressure washed (presumably to "clean" the vomit from the area). Anyone who has ever been to a self serve car wash and has used a pressure washer will know that the overspray (in the form of aerosolized water) goes everywhere. If there was any hot viral material on that area being sprayed there would be a very real possibility of the worker and anyone close by being misted with it. Look at the pictures of the Red Cross volunteers delivering food to the doorstep of the apartment of death...no gloves, no masks, nothing. That apartment should be evacuated...probably burned. The quarantined people should be moved to a proper isolation facility where they can be observed and (more importantly) prevented from coming into contact with anyone else.

These people, ALL OF THEM, are being WAY too casual with this threat. If this becomes a major outbreak (several more people in this immediate area showing signs of infection in the next week) then people can look back on these pictures and cringe at the way that the "authorities" (literally our mastermind betters) behaved.

*I read another report that gave credit for this move to the CDC. Best of hands.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2014, 03:26:49 AM by trapeze »
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #69 on: October 03, 2014, 01:37:49 AM »
Note the "Dallas County Judge" and two unidentified women seen going into the apartment of death with zero protective gear.

Stupid, stupid, reckless people.  Why would they do such a thing?
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #70 on: October 03, 2014, 01:46:08 AM »
Note the "Dallas County Judge" and two unidentified women seen going into the apartment of death with zero protective gear.

Stupid, stupid, reckless people.  Why would they do such a thing?

It is because they do not understand the danger. They are, in their minds, experts because they have been elected to high office. A virus wouldn't dare to infect them. They think that they are dealing with something that they can control. They are used to controlling things. They are ignorant of this situation. They do not realize that it is extremely difficult to contain a viral outbreak of this type. Extremely difficult. Instead they treat it as if it were some common criminal that they detain. It will stay contained because they ordered it to stay contained.

Perhaps we will have a new entry for the Darwin Awards come from this.

BTW...the African woman noted above is more lucky than anything else. Great that she took all those precautions and remained uninfected. BUT...all it takes is one lapse in procedure, a finger to the nose, a rubbing of an eye, a droplet that gets inside the gloves and finds its way to a cut...and that's it. A family member that coughs in her face. Anything like that. The amount of viral material needed for infection is unimaginably small. Plus, when a victim is close to death and long after they die the virus is undergoing "amplification" where it turns the body into a viral bomb. The body is dying and the virus is attempting to move to a new host. That should terrify people. The thing is that few know just how deadly the situation is. Ignorance kills.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2014, 01:53:43 AM by trapeze »

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #71 on: October 03, 2014, 02:06:38 AM »
The judge and his two companions weren't the only unprotected visitors, and there's no word on their quarantine.  Four deputies entered unprotected and were told to bag their uniforms and go home (to their families!?) and the two squad cars put out of service.  I'm also interested in the two unnamed "family" members who visited, also unprotected, with trashbags.  Where are they now?

Gawdammit, this just keeps getting worse and worse.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #72 on: October 03, 2014, 02:06:50 AM »
This is what serious people wear to work with ebola victims:

Note the above picture. This is a scene from Liberia. They have a pretty serious problem as I think most would agree. What is different between Liberia and the apartment complex in Dallas? Answer: Several thousand miles distance and another continent. The Liberians are treating their situation appropriately. It's bad there and getting worse. In Dallas the party is merely getting started and we have fools walking around the areas of infection like it's nothing.

Here is a story from GatewayPundit with more photo documentation of genius level Dallas quarantine and clean up procedures.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2014, 03:35:38 AM by trapeze »

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #73 on: October 03, 2014, 02:10:36 AM »
Yet another DailyMail story of a man who was in close personal contact with patient zero for several days right up to the point where they were taking him away in the ambulance. Also in contact with patient zero were his three small children. He has self quarantined. The CDC and other "authorities" have not ordered him to do so and he can apparently go wherever he likes.

SIDE NOTE (filed under "Feckless President"): Flashback 2010: Obama Scrapped Critical Quarantine Regulations To Stop Spread Of Disease Into U.S.

BESIDE SIDE NOTE (filed under "Feckless Obama Toady CDC Director"): CDC Chief: Banning Travel From Ebola-Hit Countries Would Be “Wrong”…
« Last Edit: October 03, 2014, 03:48:25 AM by trapeze »

Offline richb

• Established Member
« Reply #74 on: October 03, 2014, 02:15:57 AM »
This crisis is the direct result of putting hyper active politics before real science.  Something liberals accuse us conservatives on a daily basis!  Political correctness and one hundred years of rotting liberal politics are bringing this African nightmare here to the US.

If the US government truly wanted to protect American citizens,  we would close down the border to Africa yesterday.   And for goodness sakes,  would not ship people HERE to be treated. 

But Barry thinks a flyer given to those just walking off the plane is good enough..................We need to get off the stuck on stupid ...

What is the irony of this being post 666 for me?
« Last Edit: October 03, 2014, 02:19:25 AM by richb »

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #75 on: October 03, 2014, 02:17:29 AM »
Today's "big" story, though, is that a media person has been infected. It's big because it's the media rather than some "ordinary" person. Again, you just have to rely on DailyMail if you want to know what is going on that isn't a pro-Democrat/pro-Obama story...

NBC News cameraman diagnosed with Ebola and station's chief medical correspondent put in quarantine: News team flown back to U.S. from Liberia in new deadly virus scare

So mission accomplished, I guess. They let a gang of idiots walk around an ebola ward with minimal protection until one of them managed to get infected and then just like that the whole bunch is flying back to the USA. Kinda seems planned.

Here is a picture of genius ABC correspondent "Doctor" Nancy Snyderman doing a photo shoot right next to an ebola ward in Liberia. Note the absence of any protective gear* whatsoever. Pure genius. Go to a hot zone and treat it like it's Brooklyn or Queens.

*Okay, it looks like she has boots on. That's like having a Kevlar scarf in a war zone.

Note also the sign in the background, "Ebola Treatment Unit." There is no treatment of ebola. You live or you die and while you are waiting to find out which they can attempt to ease your suffering. That's the "treatment."
« Last Edit: October 03, 2014, 03:50:37 AM by trapeze »

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #76 on: October 03, 2014, 02:24:48 AM »
BTW...the African woman noted above is more lucky than anything else. Great that she took all those precautions and remained uninfected. BUT...all it takes is one lapse in procedure, a finger to the nose, a rubbing of an eye, a droplet that gets inside the gloves and finds its way to a cut...and that's it. A family member that coughs in her face. Anything like that. The amount of viral material needed for infection is unimaginably small. Plus, when a victim is close to death and long after they die the virus is undergoing "amplification" where it turns the body into a viral bomb. The body is dying and the virus is attempting to move to a new host. That should terrify people. The thing is that few know just how deadly the situation is. Ignorance kills.

You can call it luck, or whatever you like; I prefer self-discipline ....... and a little luck.

Look, it's good advice.  Fortunately, we have easily available personal resources for hazmat control here.  Maybe we should have a list of what to have on hand besides trashbags.  Just in case.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #77 on: October 03, 2014, 02:27:52 AM »
The best hazmat control is to stay away from infected people and those who are suspected of being infected.

Problem is that (and I noted this yesterday on this thread) when that happens the country will go full paralysis and the economy will die.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #78 on: October 03, 2014, 02:50:20 AM »
Okay, one more DailyMail story. This time it is an interview with the victim's girlfriend's daughter, yet another person who (by their own admission) was in close personal contact with the victim. Here is the key quote from the interview:

The health workers told the family not to leave their apartment, but when Jallah explained that they didn't have any food they told her that she and her husband could go to the store.

If there is not an outbreak in Dallas you can write it down as a modern miracle.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #79 on: October 03, 2014, 07:16:02 AM »
Take a look at some of the pictures that go with this DailyMail story. Note the "Dallas County Judge" and two unidentified women seen going into the apartment of death with zero protective gear.

We are in the best of hands. The. Best. Of. Hands.

EDIT: Please also note that the genius apartment property manager* directed the parking area to be pressure washed (presumably to "clean" the vomit from the area). Anyone who has ever been to a self serve car wash and has used a pressure washer will know that the overspray (in the form of aerosolized water) goes everywhere. If there was any hot viral material on that area being sprayed there would be a very real possibility of the worker and anyone close by being misted with it. Look at the pictures of the Red Cross volunteers delivering food to the doorstep of the apartment of death...no gloves, no masks, nothing. That apartment should be evacuated...probably burned. The quarantined people should be moved to a proper isolation facility where they can be observed and (more importantly) prevented from coming into contact with anyone else.

These people, ALL OF THEM, are being WAY too casual with this threat. If this becomes a major outbreak (several more people in this immediate area showing signs of infection in the next week) then people can look back on these pictures and cringe at the way that the "authorities" (literally our mastermind betters) behaved.

*I read another report that gave credit for this move to the CDC. Best of hands.

The higher the PSI the greater the dispersion too, my BIL has 3600psi units, they raise a ruckus let me tell you! 

This is being treated too lackadaisically IMO, and I think perhaps Pan is right, getting some HazMat gear now while one still can may not be a bad idea, just in case...

Certainly the infected, local authorities and the Feds are not going to do anything...except when it gets bad enough and they turn America into a big version of Escape from New York!

http://www.pksafety.com/clothing/hazmatsuits.html
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.