Author Topic: Gas Pump Activism  (Read 3611 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Gas Pump Activism
« on: April 25, 2011, 02:45:26 PM »
Do you have to take these gas prices in silence? I don’t think so.

All you have to do is download this pdf, print out a few copies and put them, along with a roll of Scotch tape, into your car.

The next time you fill up, instead of watching in horror as the dollar amount on the pump races by as the gallons trickle into your tank, afix one of these to the pump.

Take care to not cover vital information regarding safety, etc. and don’t cover any advertising.

Then drive off with a smile on your face, knowing that when the next person drives up to the pump they’ll either agree with you and be pleased to know that they’re not alone, be better informed by your message or if it’s an Obamabot, you’ll have thrown water on their circuitry and ruined their day.

H/T nbpundit

I am so doing this.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
Re: Gas Pump Activism
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2011, 03:00:07 PM »
As I've elsewhere, I take cruel delight in verbally pointing out to anyone within earshot the essence of this when I gas up ("How's that Hope and Change working out for ya?!"), but I'll definitely print out some that I can spread around as well  ;D

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2011, 03:00:38 PM »
I did this during the run up to the 2008 election. It really pisses off the people that operate the gas stations. They would remove them within an hour or two.

I bought adhesive labels, scaled the pictures to fit the labels and then I was able to put them on the pumps pretty quick. This is one of the labels that I used back then.

It would have to be changed now that he isn't a senator and that green part in the Gulf is now red. I had three or four of them (can't find the others right now) that had pics of Reid and Pelosi, too.

Exercise your free speech while you still have it.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2011, 03:03:45 PM by trapeze »
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2011, 03:06:11 PM »
Sounds like an Idea I can support.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2011, 03:46:14 PM »
I get so sick of the knee jerk populists blaming the oil companies. And besides, if the oil companies really are making record profits then here's an idea: invest in the oil companies! How many 401k and pension plans are invested in oil company stock? A lot!

Rush made a good point about this today, if there was really some nefarious conspiracy among the oil companies to squeeze every cent out of you, why are they begging for permission to drill? Increasing the supply of a global commodity would translate to lower prices, so where's the nefarious plot?
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2011, 07:52:29 PM »
It pisses me off too G, I've owned Exxon stock for years, but somehow if they earn $0.08/gallon they are greedy sonsofbitches (hey, they explore, pump and process the product!) but federal and local government can bite $0.50 - $0.75/gallon (and they don't do sh*t but loot) and that's just damn fine?!  People are fricken morons!  I call this condition the Payroll Withholding Effect...people don't bitch about what they don't see and the bleeping MFM only lets them see one side, and in a dark and skewed light!

This campaign is the right approach.  Post that graph with that jackass pic on it, that sends the message like nothing else.  Even the great unwashed will understand its meaning, even if they don't like the message.

I'm printing off a sh*tload of these and keep some tape in the car.  This is going to be fun!  In their faces!!!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2011, 08:00:15 PM »
This would be a good one too. I think it would somehow be even more effective without any words or anything:

"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline rickl

• Established Member
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2011, 11:33:12 PM »
A commenter at Transterrestrial Musings warned that gas stations have cameras at the gas pumps to photograph the license plates of people who drive off without paying.  They could press charges of vandalism if they wanted to.

Another commenter said, "If I owned a gas station, I'd put those pictures on the gas pumps myself, if only to deflect anger over high prices away from me."

Yet another one said that it would make a great billboard.
We are so far past and beyond the “long train of abuses and usurpations” that the Colonists and Founders experienced and which necessitated the Revolutionary War that they aren’t even visible in the rear-view mirror.
~ Ann Barnhardt

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2011, 05:57:07 PM »
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline rickl

• Established Member
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2011, 06:04:55 PM »
Another idea ....

http://itsaboutliberty.com/index.php/topic,1256.new.html#new

From your link:
I just realized that I need to order more FREE PRE -PRINTED Sticky notes form the Koch Brothers gotta go now.
::laughonfloor::
We are so far past and beyond the “long train of abuses and usurpations” that the Colonists and Founders experienced and which necessitated the Revolutionary War that they aren’t even visible in the rear-view mirror.
~ Ann Barnhardt

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2011, 07:16:37 PM »
Shouldn't say "Under my plan, Americans will necessarily have to be equally miserable" ?
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2011, 11:17:45 PM »

Offline rickl

• Established Member
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2011, 11:56:53 PM »
TEN RULES FOR LIBERTY GUERILLAS

Part of the charade employed by the existing Regime is to continue to make people believe that they are alone in their dissent and/or dissatisfaction with the ruling class. They need to isolate you and make you feel YOU are the outlier. A recent example is the derision lobbed at those who questioned Obama's background and credentials.

This has been written about extensively in various professional military training manuals. It has also been the subject of many papers, dissecting the evolution of an underground movement that overthrew an entrenched Regime, where to outsiders, the “sudden collapse” of an oppressive regime catches them by surprise, when in fact, it was predictable all along.

The reason for the “sudden collapse” is that the group knowledge finally reached a tipping point, where the “dissenters” realize that they are the MAJORITY, not the minority as the Regime would have them believe.

Sticky notes, as advocated at gas pumps and on stores shelves, represent what is known as “Counter propaganda”.

Keep reading...
~ Ann Barnhardt

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2011, 11:59:00 PM »
Read that earlier, Rickl, and EXACTLY!

Sticky note guerrillas unite!

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2011, 12:31:32 AM »

Holy crap! I want to buy gas wherever this pump is. $1.53 a gallon?
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2011, 12:32:22 AM »
Don't forget to put "itsaboutliberty.com" at the bottom of every sign that you post.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2011, 12:35:57 AM »

Do we want to own that?

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2011, 12:37:41 AM »
What do you believe may be the possible repercussions, CO?

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2011, 12:38:51 AM »
Hey, here's another idea: Take a twenty dollar bill (or any other denomination for that matter) and write around the border of the note: Remember when this thing used to buy more groceries? NOBAMA 2012 Use red ink so it stands out.

Unlike sticky notes, no one throws away money. Quite the contrary, each bill passes through hundreds and thousands of hands per week/month. A NOBAMA bill could travel all over the country and be seen by countless people before being taken out of circulation. And if enough people get involved doing it they couldn't take enough of them out of circulation to stop the overall effect.

This is something that everyone can do. Take one bill per day and write the message on the border and spend it. After a few weeks it could catch on and be all over the country.

(and no, don't write "itsaboutliberty.com" on money. We don't want to own that. Defacing money is a crime although it would be a tossup in court because of the protected aspect of political speech. Still, it's the NOBAMA message that is important to get out.)
« Last Edit: April 29, 2011, 12:45:03 AM by trapeze »

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2011, 12:42:24 AM »

Do we want to own that?

Just an idea. You could mix it up with other conservative blog sites to keep it sort of anonymous.