Author Topic: ATF’s Fast & Furious- Obama’s ‘Weaponsgate’?  (Read 104324 times)

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Re: ATF’s Fast & Furious- Obama’s ‘Weaponsgate’?
« Reply #220 on: October 11, 2011, 02:39:48 PM »
Thanks, IDP.  What you've written here about the RFID chips was included in what I'd posted; much of the rest I didn't know.  You write that Human Events reported on it, and I know Attkisson was making the rounds until lately, but I'm concerned that Gun Rights Examiner is not quite the MSM and therefore the information was not widely enough disseminated for the left to not nevertheless blur the extreme differences between the two many operations.

Right... well they delineated the details of the differences in a hard-news segment on Fox a couple times yesterday. Fox isn't "credible" as rebuttal to the Leftist narrative, I know, but it seems to me that barely scratching the surface of this with a pinky fingernail uncovers differences that make the fingerpointing pretty empty. There's no "there" there.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #221 on: October 11, 2011, 02:41:46 PM »
Thanks, IDP.  What you've written here about the RFID chips was included in what I'd posted; much of the rest I didn't know.  You write that Human Events reported on it, and I know Attkisson was making the rounds until lately, but I'm concerned that Gun Rights Examiner is not quite the MSM and therefore the information was not widely enough disseminated for the left to not nevertheless blur the extreme differences between the two many operations.

Right... well they delineated the details of the differences in a hard-news segment on Fox a couple times yesterday. Fox isn't "credible" as rebuttal to the Leftist narrative, I know, but it seems to me that barely scratching the surface of this with a pinky fingernail uncovers differences that make the fingerpointing pretty empty. There's no "there" there.

Good on Fox, then!  They beat on it enough, some of the rest will perhaps feel compelled to some coverage as well.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

charlesoakwood

« Reply #222 on: October 11, 2011, 04:31:12 PM »

Rather than making large enough holes for the tags to be laid out inside weapons, agents force-fit them into the rifles.

That cramming caused the antennae to be folded, reducing the effective range of the tags. And an already short battery life (36-48 hours maximum) meant that should purchasers allow the firearms to sit, the tracking devices eliminated themselves.

Let me guess, it was BATF agents inserting the devices.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #223 on: October 11, 2011, 09:43:29 PM »
I'd suppose that.  Ignoramusi, when all they had to do was tap any one of about a million more knowledgeable resources.  *sigh*
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

charlesoakwood

« Reply #224 on: October 13, 2011, 06:51:50 PM »

It’s important to note that Acting Deputy Attorney General at the time the briefing occurred was Gary G. Grindler, who is now Eric Holder’s Chief of Staff.

One key tidbit from Issa's letter to Holder

Gary Grindler, the then-Deputy Attorney General and currently your Chief of Staff, received an extremely detailed briefing on Operation Fast and Furious on March 12, 2010. In this briefing, Grindler learned such minutiae as the number of times that Uriel Patino, a straw purchaser on food stamps who ultimately acquired 720 firearms, went in to a cooperating gun store and the amount of guns that he had bought. When former Acting ATF Director Ken Melson, a career federal prosecutor, learned similar information, he became sick to his stomach: "I had pulled out all Patino's -- and ROIs is, I'm sorry, report of investigation -- and you know, my stomach being in knots reading the number of times he went in and the amount of guns that he bought."

Methinks the beat ought to go a little faster.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #225 on: October 13, 2011, 07:57:24 PM »
The drums should be deafening!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #226 on: October 13, 2011, 09:00:33 PM »

Just before the trap door opens and the rope tightens.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

charlesoakwood

« Reply #227 on: October 13, 2011, 09:07:43 PM »

Just before the trap door opens and the rope tightens.

::rimshot::

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

charlesoakwood

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #230 on: October 14, 2011, 06:43:42 AM »
Set the rotisserie on slow cook...

;)

Offline BMG

• Established Member
« Last Edit: October 14, 2011, 09:57:07 AM by BMG »
“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.” 
- Patrick Henry

"The more corrupt the state, the more it legislates."
- Tacitus

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
Now a White House aide is subpoenaed in Fast & Furious
« Reply #232 on: October 14, 2011, 09:58:18 AM »
Eric Schultz. THE Eric Schultz who allegedly screamed at CBS News reporter Sharyl Attkisson.

Issa subpoenas WH aide in Fast & Furious probe

Last week, CBS News reporter Sharyl Attkisson revealed that an Obama administration spokesman screamed and cursed at her in an attempt to get her to back off of the Operation Fast and Furious scandal.  Roll Call’s Jonathan Strong reports this morning that Schultz just found a subpoena on his doorstep along with Eric Holder and host of other figures, but Schultz’ position in the White House itself makes him unique:

[blockquote]House Oversight and Government Reform Chairman Darrell Issa (R-Calif.) made headlines this week byissuing a subpoena for documents from Attorney General Eric Holderabout a botched weapons investigation, but Holder is apparently not Issa’s only target.

A little-noticed provision of the subpoena targets the White House, specifically naming Eric Schultz, a communications aide who was hired in May to respond to media inquiries on oversight matters. …

The subpoena also requires Holder to produce “all communications between and among Department of Justice (DOJ) employees and Executive Office of the President employees, including but not limited to Associate Communications Director Eric Schultz, referring or relating to Operation Fast and Furious or any other firearms trafficking cases.”[/blockquote]

Strong’s source on the Oversight Committee says that the subpoena for Schultz came from suspicions that the White House was directing the DoJ’s resistance to document requests....

More linked @ HotAir...

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
Re: What did he know & when did he know it?
« Reply #233 on: October 14, 2011, 11:18:00 AM »
Yup.

FYI - We've been documenting this in 2A thread.

http://itsaboutliberty.com/index.php/topic,1730.220.html

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
Re: What did he know & when did he know it?
« Reply #234 on: October 14, 2011, 11:19:59 AM »
I'll go ahead and merge it with the already existing thread - although, if this thing explodes into a full blown scandal with political casualties, it might need a category of its own!

::popcorn::

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline BMG

• Established Member
« Reply #235 on: October 14, 2011, 11:47:37 AM »
Thanx! Didn't realize it was in here.
“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.” 
- Patrick Henry

"The more corrupt the state, the more it legislates."
- Tacitus

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #236 on: October 14, 2011, 01:05:18 PM »
Thanx! Didn't realize it was in here.

It's OK. Sometimes it's clear where things need to go, or when I need to merge or separate threads. Other times it's not.

This one started off clear, because it seemed to be a 2A issue all the way. But now it looks like it touches world affairs, illegal immigration, politics, crime... That's why I'm considering giving it its own category if it goes much further. If it blows up into special prosecutor territory or goes right up to the White House, there will be news about it every day, and it will go on for a long, long time. If it has its own category, we can discuss the different aspects and new developments in new threads if need be. For now, we'll just discuss it in this thread...
 ::popcorn::

- Thomas Jefferson

charlesoakwood

« Reply #237 on: October 14, 2011, 03:31:24 PM »
This is one of IAL's outstanding topics (most complete documentation anywhere) and if it goes political it will fill a folder.  

ATF’s Fast & Furious- Obama’s ‘Weaponsgate’?  (Read 7561 times)  out of 256 posts,
That's nearly 30 views per post.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #238 on: October 14, 2011, 04:01:02 PM »
More .....

Breaking: new evidence shows Hillary a mastermind behind Gunwalker

According to investigative citizen journalist Mike Vanderboegh, sources close to the development of the Gunwalker scheme state that early on, Hillary and her trusted associated at State, Andrew J. Shapiro, devised at least part of the framework of what would later become Operation Fast and Furious. It was Shapiro who first described the details of the proposed scheme early in 2009 just after the Obama Administration took office.
Advertisement

Vanderboegh relates the following:

My sources say that as Hillary's trusted subordinate, it was Shapiro who first described to the Secretary of State the details of what has become the Gunwalker Scandal.

The precise extent to which Hillary Clinton's knowledge of, and responsibility for, the Gunwalker Plot, lies within the memories of these two men, Shapiro and Steinberg, sources say.

The sources also express dismay that the Issa committee is apparently restricting itself to the Department of Justice and not venturing further afield. The House Foreign Affairs Committee, they say, needs to summon these two men and their subordinates -- especially at the Mexico Desk at State -- and question them under oath as to what Hillary Clinton knew about the origins of the Gunwalker Scandal and when she knew it.

There is one other thing those sources agree upon. The CIA, they say, knows "everything" about the "Mexican hat dance" that became the Gunwalker Scandal.

There's more at the link.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #239 on: October 14, 2011, 04:04:49 PM »
I suppose it's too much to hope that one scandal would get rid of both Obama and Clinton?
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."