Author Topic: Nagorno-Karabakh festivities firing up again  (Read 2632 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Nagorno-Karabakh festivities firing up again
« on: July 17, 2020, 08:32:46 AM »

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/azerbaijan-threatens-strike-armenian-atomic-plant-amid-worst-border-fighting-years

Metzamur nuclear plant...lemme guess...Russian made?

Whatever.  Nice neighborhood and nice neighbors...all deserving of one another...

::mooning::
« Last Edit: November 17, 2021, 04:02:21 PM by Pandora »
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
Russia throws fire on Karabakh conflict
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2020, 09:54:49 AM »
Heh, this kills me!

“The Russian Aerospace Forces transferred at least 13 MiG-29 fighters to the territory of Armenia, as seen by satellite images of the Erebuni military airbase,” Avia.Pro reported.

“We are talking specifically about Russian combat aircraft, since officially the MiG-29 fighters are not in service with the Armenian Air Force,” they continued.

As shown in the satellite image provided by Avia.Pro, there are not only 13 MiG-29 jets, but also several helicopters, which the publication says likely belong to the Russian Air Force.
It should be noted that while Russia and Armenia currently have a defense pact, Moscow has refrained from getting militarily involved in the Karabakh conflict due to their relations with Azerbaijan.

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/satellite-image-reveals-13-russian-mig-29-jets-armenian-base-conflict-rages

::hysterical::

We don't want to directly rape a vassal, but we're OK giving another vassal the tools to do so!

::laughonfloor::

Yeah...Russia is a good friend, America always bad naughty evil...

Man, Rooskies got good spin doctors eh?

::bus::

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
Re: Russia throws fire on Karabakh conflict
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2020, 10:15:27 PM »
  You it's Russian pilots in them right? So we see the Migs and raise Raptors.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2020, 07:56:08 AM »
No, we let the Turdkeys enter the pit...

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/turkey-vows-national-troops-help-azerbaijan-if-requested

...and root for all to perish.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2020, 06:05:06 PM »

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/turkey-vows-national-troops-help-azerbaijan-if-requested

Kill joy!  I wanted vids of Raptors trashing Mig 29s
 Filippo Mazzie

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2020, 07:56:53 PM »

"If I cared any less I'd be dead."
I think that is a quote from Ruth Langmore in Ozark. I love her. Yes. Here it is at 1:28
https://youtu.be/ZdYDaWesCNE?t=87

I am speaking about that war, not the topic.

I am afraid people in the US will want to get involved. The military industrial complex loves wars.
Trump won me over when he said that if we get into WWIII it won't be over Syria. The other GOPers were competing to say who would be the most aggressive in enforcing a Syria no fly zone and shooting down Russian jets.

BTW US and Russian pilots fought each other in the Korean War. The US kept it from the public.

When the law becomes a ruse, lawlessness becomes legitimate. -unknown

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2020, 08:36:05 AM »

"If I cared any less I'd be dead."
I think that is a quote from Ruth Langmore in Ozark. I love her. Yes. Here it is at 1:28
https://youtu.be/ZdYDaWesCNE?t=87

I am speaking about that war, not the topic.

I am afraid people in the US will want to get involved. The military industrial complex loves wars.
Trump won me over when he said that if we get into WWIII it won't be over Syria. The other GOPers were competing to say who would be the most aggressive in enforcing a Syria no fly zone and shooting down Russian jets.

BTW US and Russian pilots fought each other in the Korean War. The US kept it from the public.

And mostly Chinese.

And if you want to see US jets down Russian planes with regularity all you have to do is watch Israel.  But we've had our cracks here and there.

Frankly nothing in this sh!thole is work one American life or piece of hardware of any kind...

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
Turkey & Ukraine, odd bedfellows driven into each others arms
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2020, 08:54:28 AM »
https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/chicken-kiev-meets-cold-turkey-black-sea-axis-emerges

Turkey has dreams of being a regional power and is led by a megalomaniac intent on pissing off fellow NATO members...Ukraine is tired of being beaten and abused by Russia, used by Europe and fleeced by America (not all American's...ask the Biden's!) or neglected by cowards...

But I would be wary of the maniac in Ankara...think lion tamer tactics...and be prepared to kill the beast.

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Superhero
Re: Turkey & Ukraine, odd bedfellows driven into each others arms
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2020, 05:23:07 PM »

Geez. What a CF.
Ukraine was screwed by the US when we backed the coup. The US is a super power with ADD. We will cast Ukraine aside like a $2 whore when we are tired of her. The president we forced out was leaning toward trade with Russia and away from the EU.
We spent $5 billion in Ukraine but I wonder how much of  that never left DC or came back. The Duran guys say that the US, IMF, and world bank gave at least $40 billion total. Ukraine is worse off than before.

BTW I don't GAF and don't want the US to get involved.

Meanwhile. I don't GAF about this either. Not a US problem. The video below is kinda long winded.
They say the same thing as above about Ukraine and Turkey.
https://youtu.be/P2fAsD722j8
Russia warns: "All necessary assistance" to Armenia if conflict expanded
5,940 views•Nov 2, 2020
The Duran

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2020, 05:46:41 PM »

Geez. What a CF.
Ukraine was screwed by the US when we backed the coup. The US is a super power with ADD. We will cast Ukraine aside like a $2 whore when we are tired of her. The president we forced out was leaning toward trade with Russia and away from the EU.
We spent $5 billion in Ukraine but I wonder how much of  that never left DC or came back. The Duran guys say that the US, IMF, and world bank gave at least $40 billion total. Ukraine is worse off than before.

Meanwhile. I don't GAF about this either. Not a US problem. The video below is kinda long winded.
5,940 views•Nov 2, 2020
The Duran

Yes, the United States is positively schizophrenic, what with the ideological shifts between normal and dhimmicrat administrations. What's a nation like Ukraine (just for example) supposed to think of us, our veracity, or our credibility when they are forced to deal with scumbags like Slo-Joe Bidet?

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2020, 08:06:17 AM »

Geez. What a CF.

5,940 views•Nov 2, 2020
The Duran

Yes, the United States is positively schizophrenic, what with the ideological shifts between normal and dhimmicrat administrations. What's a nation like Ukraine (just for example) supposed to think of us, our veracity, or our credibility when they are forced to deal with scumbags like Slo-Joe Bidet?

Spot on my brother!  Trump wasn't the architect of this kind of BS...his predecessors were either weak or whorifically willing to march to DeepState drums...Trump is the bulldozer...he's only human and sputters here and there...but overall nobody has done more to unfrack things at home and abroad than he has.  So to that extent Pat should give a little bit of a frack...but no fracks for Turkey...wouldn't mind a bit if this all blew up in Erdogan's inbred face...

Also...as America should stay out of it militarily...so should the fracking Russians...

In these conditions, there are two main hopes for the Armenian leadership:

1.  A permanent ceasefire and return to the negotiations process with Azerbaijan due to the increasing international pressure on Baku (through diplomatic channels and sanction threats);
2.  A military intervention by some third party in the conflict on the side of Armenia.
For the second scenario, the main candidate is Russia

https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/vikings-rescue-united-states-reveals-its-peace-plan-armenian-azerbaijani-war

Everybody back the frack out.  But, I bet a zillion dollars that won't happen...Russia is special...nobody does anything when Russia invades anybody...well, they do something...to spit & sputter like Biden and shat thier pants like Nadler...
« Last Edit: November 03, 2020, 08:18:58 AM by Libertas »

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2020, 06:13:03 PM »
   I see Ukraine as wanting to play both sides of the street they have a complaint with Bamby sending blankets but Trunp sent tank busters. They want his complete and undivided attention well right now he's kind of busy. They don't like it they can go it alone.
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2020, 08:46:33 AM »
This is hilarious...

https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/russian-karabakh-and-other-consequences-armenian-azerbaijani-war

Diplomats   ::hysterical::

Peacekeepers!   ::laughonfloor::

They've adopted the language and practices of the Globohomo Imperialists!   ::rolllaughing::

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2020, 07:36:03 AM »
Yeah...that's how you do it, "peacekeepers"...yeah, that's the ticket!

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/turkey-seeking-deploy-own-peacekeeping-force-amid-armenia-azerbaijan-truce

Aaaaaaand....fight!

:D

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
Re: Nagorno-Karabakh festivities firing up again
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2021, 08:29:02 AM »
Fresh fighting has erupted between Armenia and Azerbaijan along the disputed border region, one year after a Russia-brokered ceasefire agreement halted the deadly forty-four-day-long war over historically contested Nagorno-Karabakh.

Each side is blaming the other for Tuesday's new fighting, which left multiple dead and wounded, according to the Armenian side. "There are fatalities and wounded among Armenian troops as a result of fighting that erupted following an attack by Azerbaijani forces," Armenia’s defense ministry said.

The statement said that casualties are still being counted and verified, but it confirmed Armenian national forces had "lost control of two military positions." It added: "The data on Armenian casualties is being clarified. At the moment, we can say definitely that four people were injured."

Heavy artillery was reportedly used in the clashes, following a year of relative calm at the border, and the presence of Russian peace-keeping forces. Azerbaijan is meanwhile disputing Armenia's version of events, saying its outposts were attacked first. "Armenia’s armed forces committed a large-scale provocation at the state border at 11:00 am (GMT 0700) on Tuesday," its Defense Ministry said.

Azerbaijani troops "stopped the enemy’s advance, surrounded and detained Armenian servicemen," the statement continued.

The brief fighting has the potential to ignited a larger flare-up as tensions remain high. Based on the statement, it appears the Azeri side may have taken Armenian troops captive during Tuesday's firefight.

Subsequent social media videos, though unconfirmed, appeared to show up to a dozen Armenian servicemen being held in captivity.

Last year's war thrust the long-simmering dispute over a sizeable border zone into the international spotlight. The end result was disastrous from Armenia's perspective, as the country had to give up a significant amount of territory in Nagorno-Karabakh and remove its forces (and some of the civilian population).

Like with last year's fighting, Yerevan is now calling on Russia's help to push back Azeri forces. The secretary of the Armenian Security Council, Armen Grigoryan, urged the following in a Tuesday statement:

"As the attack [by Azerbaijan] was against Armenia's sovereign territory, we are requesting that Russia defend Armenia's territorial integrity within the framework of the 1997 agreement. This a verbal request that will be made in writing."

Despite Russia having a military base on Armenian soil, and a defense pact with the small Caucasus nation, the Kremlin has shown a reluctance to get involved other than for peace-keeping purposes. At the same time Turkey has been an active backer of Azerbaijan, even at one point sending Turkish-backed Syrian mercenaries to bolster Azeri forces.

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/fresh-armenia-azerbaijan-fighting-erupts-multiple-casualties-yerevan-urges-russian

Russian Peacekeepers!  Snort!  Like all such critters, merely observers of carnage....

And begging for protection again...

Will the Turks back the Azeri's again?  Erdogan looking like a Turkish version of jello-head Biden and wobbly-legged Hildabeast...

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2021, 11:21:01 AM »

I recall that Azerbaijan used drones very effectively and got a lot or military attention worldwide for tactics.
I think they used Turkish drones.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2022, 11:16:50 AM »

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/understanding-caucasus-region

FWIW

The Caucasus has been inhabited by mean, petty squabbling wretches since Day One...

Literally nobody should have a dog in any of their fights...best result (like the Jihadis) they are kill each other off...

Too bad the major powers are going to win that race first... 

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2022, 12:10:25 PM »

Here is something nice from the Caucuses. Someone took two movies featuring the Georgian National Ballet and set them to a version of Rasputin. Pretty girls. Good dancing. Nice music. What's not to like?

https://youtu.be/FS-siemT6eQ
 Boney M - Rasputin 2017 Blue Remix
davidzof
25.5K subscribers
25,476,310 views  Apr 29, 2017
Another Boney M Rasputin Mashup based on the Blue Remix with the Georgian national ballet:

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2022, 08:04:13 AM »
 ::saywhat::

Could be the same for Chicago, New York City et al...

Doesn't mean I want to go there...

::)