Author Topic: VDH Sums Everything Up Quite Nicely: We're All More Or Less Screwed  (Read 650 times)

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.

LINK

The President just concluded a frenzied “jobs” bus tour to explain why unemployment is at 9.1% — after borrowing nearly $5 trillion in stimulus the last three years. You know the usual suspects responsible for our, not his, malaise: George Bush did it; the Republican obstructionists in the Congress who were wary of approving another $2 trillion in debt did it; the Tea Party did it; Standard and Poor’s did it; the Japanese earthquake did it; the Japanese tsunami and nuclear accidents did it; the Middle East unrest did it; the European debt crisis did it; new technology like ATM machines did it. Obama has cited these culprits and many more — though never either himself or his advisors who took a weak recovery and turned it into a near recession.

Yep, President The Dog Ate My Homework. President Not Me.

In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

charlesoakwood

Re: VDH Sums Everything Up Quite Nicely: We're All More Or Less Screwed
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2011, 11:04:28 PM »

[blockquote]
Both the president and his supporters fault supposedly self-interested corporations and “the rich” who sit on “trillions of dollars” in capital, and won’t hire new workers or make massive purchases of equipment.
[/blockquote]

Oh Reverend help me, I want to get my hands on that money.  By hook or crook I'll get 'em yet.

bleed 'em dry, yeah
\

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2011, 11:15:23 PM »
Let's see...

O'Bama is operating a three card monte game (which, by definition, is crooked) and I am supposed to feel bad or unpatriotic for not growing my payroll under these circumstances? I'm not a genius but I'm not stupid either.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline rickl

• Established Member
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2011, 11:25:08 PM »
...who took a weak recovery and turned it into a near recession.

There is no recovery.  We are in a depression and have been for three years.  The frantic printing and deficit spending is papering over that fact.  When the game of musical chairs stops, look out.
We are so far past and beyond the “long train of abuses and usurpations” that the Colonists and Founders experienced and which necessitated the Revolutionary War that they aren’t even visible in the rear-view mirror.
~ Ann Barnhardt