Author Topic: Things that make you go Hmmmmmmm  (Read 1172 times)

Offline Delta Force

• Likes the place
  • "You can run, but you'll just die tired!"
Things that make you go Hmmmmmmm
« on: February 27, 2011, 09:25:28 PM »
 ::rant::I would like to know why the party of the left is called the 'Democratic" party.  They aren't even close to being democratic.  If the party is legally constituted as the Democratic Party (which I know they are), why are their members called Democrats rather than the more accurate Democratics? ::rant::

charlesoakwood

Re: Things that make you go Hmmmmmmm
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2011, 09:32:09 PM »

Hmmmmmmmm, I thought they were legally constituted as Democrats and called themselves Democratic because it conferred an air legitimacy upon them that they actually lack.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2011, 09:33:29 PM »
Why, when Constitutional Conservatives stand where the Founding Fathers did does the left come along, plop themselves aaaall the way over there on the left and calls us "extreme rightists"?
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2011, 09:37:14 PM »
Why, when Constitutional Conservatives stand where the Founding Fathers did does the left come along, plop themselves aaaall the way over there on the left and calls us "extreme rightists"?

Because they know our weak sauce party will shuffle a bit further to the left, just to show how "centrist" they are, and willing to reach across the aisle. Now the "center" is that much further to the left. Rinse, repeat.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2011, 10:11:54 PM »
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2011, 10:31:24 PM »
" .... although we all played a role."

Bull.Sht.  I paid my way, took nothing from no one, IOW, no handouts from public or private, voted my conscience, obeyed the law and paid my taxes.

Bull.Sht.

".... we're all gettin' penalized for the games they play above us, that we don't get to participate in .... ".

Uh, yeah, so, if we don't get to play, then what "role" did we play?

Beck gets a lot of things right, but I'm not taking one, single, stinking iota of responsibility for the events leading to today's grim outlet or for tomorrow's inevitable catastrophe.  Not. one.

The one right thing he gets is the T.G. vs. the N.G. and where the Founders stood with the new Constitution, so I get your point IDP.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2011, 10:40:15 PM by Pandora »
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

charlesoakwood

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2011, 10:34:07 PM »

?

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2011, 10:51:04 PM »
...The one right thing he gets is the T.G. vs. the N.G. and where the Founders stood with the new Constitution, so I get your point IDP.

That was my only point.  ;) Is there something before 3:40 that pizzed you off? I didn't watch that. I specifically went looking for the TG - NG comparison as a tangential response to:
I saw that piece when he broadcast it, and it stuck with me.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2011, 10:54:53 PM »
...The one right thing he gets is the T.G. vs. the N.G. and where the Founders stood with the new Constitution, so I get your point IDP.

That was my only point.  ;) Is there something before 3:40 that pizzed you off?

Yes, I know; I expanded. Watch the whole thing and you'll see.

I didn't watch that. I specifically went looking for the TG - NG comparison as a tangential response to:
I saw that piece when he broadcast it, and it stuck with me.

You hit it alright; that was the part that adhered to my quote, but the rest, bleah.

Jim Quinn is who I paraphrased there in the part of my post you quoted.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2011, 10:56:56 PM by Pandora »

charlesoakwood

« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2013, 10:30:15 PM »

Things that make you go Hmmmmmmm:

Highlight section of a page
Click copy
Go to word page
Click paste
Screen shot of your screen - the whole thing just as if one had pressed PrtScr