Author Topic: Presidential Election Watch 2012: The Democrat Edition  (Read 90776 times)

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
Re: Presidential Election Watch 2012: The Democrat Edition
« Reply #120 on: July 31, 2012, 07:21:32 AM »
I think Trap is largely correct, attacking Mitt's religion would be a landmine for the dem's, it could cause many more of them to run away from Obongo and it only opens up uncomfortable questions regarding what Barry is and who (like Rev. Wright) has been his inspiration.  But I have no doubt whatsoever that the Obama campaign will use nameless surrogates to do the hatchet job on Mitt and Mormons.  Personally I don't care.  I don't put much stock into the lost tribe stuff and the fanciful tale of Joseph Smith.  I may think the religion shares many hallmarks of a cult, but as cults go it is as benign as one can get.  Mormons are family oriented, honest and hard working.  Such cannot be said for much of the Left.  I don't have to like their religion but I have no fear of them going loony tune if given positions of responsibility.  Again, stark contrast to the Left on that score, obviously.  So Mitt has to ready himself for the proxy attack, and that means more than just calling Obama out on it.

I don't know....Harry Reid is as looney tune as one can get and has a position of responsibility. Those freakin Mormons can't control their own......(sarc)
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #121 on: July 31, 2012, 10:39:16 AM »
I don't think that Mormonism will be a significant issue this time around.  It may be for some but those people will be the type to want to pass judgment on anything so as not to have to vote or to excuse their vote for BO.  The attack on Christians and specifically the Catholic Church by this president has paved the way for a realization that BO hates religions possessing standards different from his viewpoint.  So I don't think many will be fooled by attacks on Romney's religion.

Mitt Romney Spokesman Tells Reporters 'Kiss My …' at Polish Holy Site I like how they point out it was at a Holy Site.  Not to debate that but the GOP does need a more kick-a** attitude.

« Last Edit: July 31, 2012, 10:46:38 AM by LadyVirginia »
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #123 on: July 31, 2012, 03:14:36 PM »
Since we're talking Mitt's Mormonism...

Joseph Smith and the White Horse Prophecy

The White Horse Prophecy was supposedly made verbally by Joseph Smith in 1843. He is said to have stated that one day the United States Constitution would hang by a thread and that it would be saved by the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints - more specifically, a Mormon U.S. president. The Mormons are compared figuratively to the white horse in the Book of Revelation.

The accuracy of that statement has been debated for over a century, but it is apparent that many Mormon leaders considered it - and continue to consider it - to be authentic. Here are some examples:

[blockquote]When the Constitution of the United States hangs, as it were, upon a single thread, they will have to call for the "Mormon" Elders to save it from utter destruction; and they will step forth and do it. 2:182. (Brigham Young, Discourses of Brigham Young, p.360-61)

...Joseph Smith, the prophet, was inspired to affirm and ratify this truth, and he further predicted that the time would come, when the Constitution of our country would hang as it were by a thread, and that the Latter-day Saints, above all other people in the world, would come to the rescue of that great and glorious palladium of our liberty (Joseph F. Smith, Gospel Doctrine, p. 403)[/blockquote]

...In 2010 Huffington Post commentator Dana Milbank reported on a "hidden message" sent to LDS members by TV personality, and Mormon, Glenn Beck. Beck said:

[blockquote]"We are at the place where the Constitution hangs in the balance," Beck told Bill O'Reilly on November 14, 2008, just after President Obama's election. "I feel the Constitution is hanging in the balance right now, hanging by a thread unless the good Americans wake up." (Mormon Prophecy Behind Glenn Beck's Message, October 5, 2010)[/blockquote]

...And the history of the quote...
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #124 on: July 31, 2012, 03:45:34 PM »

The White Horse Prophecy was supposedly made verbally by Joseph Smith in 1843. He is said to have stated that one day the United States Constitution would hang by a thread and that it would be saved by the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints - more specifically, a Mormon U.S. president. The Mormons are compared figuratively to the white horse in the Book of Revelation.

If I had to lay bets on who the White Horse is, I would bet on Glenn Beck before Mittens.  Or Orson Scott Card.  Check out The Folk on the Fringe"

Only a few nuclear weapons fell in America-the weapons that destroyed our nation were biological and, ultimately, cultural. But in the chaos, the famine, the plague, there exited a few pockets of order. The strongest of them was the state of Deseret, formed from the vestiges of Utah, Colorado, and Idaho. The climate has changed. The Great Salt Lake has filled up to prehistoric levels. But there, on the fringes, brave, hardworking pioneers are making the desert bloom again.A civilization cannot be reclaimed by powerful organizations, or even by great men alone. It must be renewed by individual men and women, one by one, working together to make a community, a nation, a new America.

I read somewhere (Hatrack?, afterword?) that this collection of short stories was an exploration of how he thought the Mormons would act if their Church and society survived the apocalypse - especially on the fringes, where all the rules are a "might fuzzier" as Shepard Book might say.  My Teotwaki place, coincidentally, might very well end up on the fringes of Deseret in the end.  I think, like all religious sects,  Mormonism has ideological tyranny as a possible result if it gains complete control of an area, but I would rather be denied alcohol and wear t-shirts than be forced under liberal rule. Perhaps belonging to a religion that teaches almost certifiable crazy stuff as gospel, ends up making  you a bit more tolerant of what others believe and think, as well as limiting how fanatical you can get about your faith. If Orson Scott Card's vision of Mormonism and ethics is anything like the real thing, then yeah, I would rather live in that world than in the hell hole the liberals have prepared.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #125 on: July 31, 2012, 10:23:13 PM »
Rasmussen reports:

The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Tuesday shows Mitt Romney attracting 47% of the vote, while President Obama earns support from 44%. Five percent (5%) prefer some other candidate, and four percent (4%) are undecided.

Why is O'Bongo desperate? These numbers are horrible.

These numbers are worse:

Romney has a 20-point advantage among white voters.  Obama is supported by 91% of black voters and 57% of other minority voters.

Only 91% of the black vote? O'Bongo should be over 95 or 96 percent with the brothers. I have to believe that this number is where it is because of the gay marriage pandering to the fag demo. I believe that this number will not improve and might even get down into the high eighties. Consider:

Washington (CNN) – A group of conservative black pastors are responding to President Barack Obama’s support of same-sex marriage with what they say will be a national campaign aimed at rallying black Americans to rethink their overwhelming support of the President, though the group’s leader is offering few specifics about the effort.

The Rev. Williams Owens, who is president and founder of the Coalition of African-Americans Pastors and the leader of the campaign, has highlighted opposition to same-sex marriage among African-Americans. He calls this campaign “an effort to save the family.”

“The time has come for a broad-based assault against the powers that be that want to change our culture to one of men marrying men and women marrying women,” said Owens, in an interview Tuesday after the launch event at the National Press Club. “I am ashamed that the first black president chose this road, a disgraceful road.”

This is not the universal black support of 2008. He has a record now and that record blows beets.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #126 on: July 31, 2012, 10:49:05 PM »

Let's not forget the topic where we put down markers on
demographic percentage voting blocs for the candidates.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #127 on: July 31, 2012, 11:25:39 PM »
Here's another article that seems to herald "the tipping point" phenom titled, "Has O'Bongo Peaked?"

Democrats' biggest concern isn't the economy; it's whether Obama has already peaked. There are numerous reasons to believe it's true. If true, there are rapidly diminishing opportunities for the Administration to reverse it, and a growing list that could accelerate it.

Pick your poll: the presidential race is a toss-up. The latest Gallup tracking poll (taken 7/22-29, 3,050 registered voters, MOE +/- 2%) has the race tied at 46% apiece. It couldn't get any tighter.

The race has been so tight for so long, that it is not news -- until we factor in campaign spending. While the focus has been on Republicans' advantage with Super PACs, the overlooked story is how much Obama has outspent Romney on campaign advertising.

This is an interesting point. Here's some more...

The National Journal's Hotline publication has been tabulating the race's television ad buys. According to their latest calculation of 2012 advertising in thirteen swing states (CO, FL, IA, MI, MN, NV, NH, NM, NC, OH, PA, VA, and WI), Obama has outspent Romney almost three to one -- $120 million to $43 million thus far. The advantage is not only deep but broad: Obama has outspent Romney in all eleven states where either campaign has spent.

When adding in spending by outside groups, the Democrats' superiority seems to vanish. Democrats and their allies have spent $141 million, while Republicans and theirs have spent $203 million -- outspending Democrats in all states.

However the cash's quality is not equal. Democrats still hold a decided advantage for two reasons. First, Democrats have far greater control over their resources because a far greater proportion is under Obama's direct control -- not outside groups'. Second, under FEC rules, campaigns pay less for advertising airtime -- so Obama's campaign dollars go further than Republican Super PACs'.

I agree with this analysis except that it leaves out a key element...the free advertising and promotion that O'Bongo receives from the MFM. This is not insignificant. It's huge, in fact. And yet, it isn't enough to move the numbers in O'Bongo's favor. All of the ad buys, all of the money spent, all of the negative Romney ads, all of the sympathetic MFM coverage...and it isn't helping move those stupid ass voters into O'Bongo's column. He's a SCOAMF and everyone knows it.

Presidential reelections are about the incumbent and elected incumbents overwhelmingly win -- only Carter and Bush I have lost in the last 76 years. Because of this, winning incumbents increase their popular vote share from their initial election.

Never in U.S, history has a winning incumbent, in his initial reelection attempt, seen his popular vote percentage fall. However despite his spending and incumbency advantages, if current polls are correct Obama is unlikely to come close to reaching his 52.5% of the 2008 popular vote.

No, I think not.

This and the other items that I have previously mentioned are why I have such confidence, such overwhelming peace about how this election is going to turn out.

I will emphasize one more time...Romney is in the right place at the right time. Anyone could beat the SCOAMF in 2012. Romney owes McDullard (and Huckaboob) a huge debt of gratitude for running such a dirty primary in 2008. If Romney had been the 2008 nominee he would have lost, too, and it is highly unlikely that he would get the nod again in this year's contest.

O'Bongo is facing a very serious case of emperor-has-no-clothes syndrome which is funny when you think about how the libs used to just love calling GWB an "empty suit." Good times, good times.

EDIT: There's quite a bit more at the link.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2012, 11:35:54 PM by trapeze »
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #128 on: July 31, 2012, 11:46:03 PM »
Here is what Gary Trudeau did to mock Bush...represent him as an asterisk in an otherwise empty suit, in this case an emperors garb:

Irony defined.

I don't follow Doonesbury. Haven't since the pre-Reagan days. Trudeau got all David Letterman style bitter and unfunny. So I don't know if he represents O'Bongo as an empty suit but I'm guessing he doesn't.

That's okay, though. I'll have a laugh at his expense on election day.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #129 on: August 01, 2012, 01:23:57 AM »
Okay, I just took one for the team. Curiosity got the better of me and I just read through four month's worth of Doonesbury archives. It was obnoxious and extremely unfunny. There were multiple hit jobs on Romney, Fox News and the recent move to prevent voter fraud was compared directly to Jim Crow laws. What utter banal crap. Zero negative coverage of O'Bongo. Not one little thing. I can't imagine even libs finding this amusing. It isn't even informative. It's pure propaganda.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #130 on: August 01, 2012, 01:31:48 AM »
Okay, I just took one for the team. Curiosity got the better of me and I just read through four month's worth of Doonesbury archives. It was obnoxious and extremely unfunny. There were multiple hit jobs on Romney, Fox News and the recent move to prevent voter fraud was compared directly to Jim Crow laws. What utter banal crap. Zero negative coverage of O'Bongo. Not one little thing. I can't imagine even libs finding this amusing. It isn't even informative. It's pure propaganda.

Well, damn, man; stop doing that!  I'm betting you need a shower and a stiff drink now.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #131 on: August 01, 2012, 07:27:57 AM »
Still, Team Romney seems to be incapable of going in for the kill...there is so much opportunity to do so!  They could help bury Barry now, making every dollar he spends (he is now kicking in his own money!) thoughly worthless! 

How about an event, even a prime speaking slot for some of these pro-family values black pastors? 

Leaving weapons and ammo on the table untouched is a hallmark of latter day GOP nominees...

::)

::facepalm::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #132 on: August 01, 2012, 08:37:28 AM »
I think there is a real opportunity coming up here for a GOP Super PAC and Romney spending strategy in the final 90 days. With O'Bongo running out of ideas and money they can put forth a television ad campaign that is mostly positive ads...say, 2/3 positive and 1/3 negative or 3/4 positive and 1/4 negative.

Plus, one of the big complaints about Team Romney has been that he hasn't articulated a plan. I don't know that this hasn't been intentional up to this point. As O'Bongo has been blowing his campaign funds trying unsuccessfully to define Romney (as I said earlier it didn't matter who we nominated) there has been a vacuum forming...a domestic agenda vacuum. Now that O'Bongo is running on advertising vapors it is probably the right time to start rolling out the agenda. O'Bongo and the Democrats will not be able to match the ads plus they have no agenda of their own that anyone wants.

By not putting out much of anything in the way of an agenda (other than "We aren't O'Bongo" which has done very well all by itself) Romney and the GOP have given O'Bongo little to shoot at. Now that they are close to empty on ammo is the time to start running the positive campaign.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #133 on: August 01, 2012, 08:40:32 AM »
I would view it as positive if somebody grabbed Obongo by the scrotum and wrapped it around his head and kicked him in the ass, but that's just me!

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #134 on: August 01, 2012, 09:00:06 AM »
I would view it as positive if somebody grabbed Obongo by the scrotum and wrapped it around his head and kicked him in the ass, but that's just me!

He has to have one in order for that plan to succeed.

Here's some more O'Bongo campaign fundraising panic news from the NYTs  to warm your heart:

Each plea for money from President Obama and his allies has become more urgent and desperate than the last.

His campaign’s chief operating officer said on Monday that “we’ve gotten our behinds handed to us.”

Vice President Joe Biden warned on the same day that Mr. Obama would lose if “the other side spends us into oblivion.”

Michele Obama worried aloud about waking up on election day “wondering if I could have done more.” And Al Gore, the former vice president, said victories by the “extremist fringe” would “spell disaster” for the country.

The answer, according to all of them? A donation of $3 (or more) by midnight on Tuesday. (The e-mails don’t say “Pretty please!” — yet.)

I can remember four years ago and I'm sure everyone else can, too. This is NOT the O'Bongo of 2008. Oh, sure, he's still the massively over self confident and smug narcissist that he has been since childhood but he doesn't have the big checking account to go with the attitude and it's beginning to take on a kind of clown theme.

“My upcoming birthday next week could be the last one I celebrate as President of the United States, but that’s not up to me — it’s up to you,” Mr. Obama said to his supporters in an e-mail late last week.

Accompanying the e-mail was a link to donate in exchange for a chance to attend his “birthday get-together” in August.

This is pure desperation and there is no other way to look at it. I can guarantee you that O'Bongo resorts to mixing it up with a commoner (even for a few minutes) because he has to. He doesn't like it, it's distasteful and unpleasant for him. Ordinary people (voters) have been getting this vibe now for three plus years and it has contributed to his lower fundraising. I am convinced that the favorability ratings he has gotten in the polls are largely the result of the Bradley Effect. The real favorability rating is in the donations to his campaign. The money doesn't lie and it isn't coming in. Add his sh*tty policies on top of his sh*tty attitude toward America and it's populace and that's the reason he's broke.

...in fact, Mr. Obama is facing a quandary his 2008 campaign team never even contemplated: a rival whose fund-raising operation appears better positioned to tap into both the deep pockets of wealthy donors and the economic frustrations of average Americans.

Seriously, who wants to send money to a losing effort?

The appeals for donations occasionally recall the “Everything 80 percent off! Going out of Business” sales that try to entice customers into the store. And yet, Mr. Obama’s campaign team has clearly calculated that it is willing to risk leaving that kind of impression if it means raising more money.

One of the many e-mails sent by the Obama campaign to supporters on Monday had the subject line: Romney defeats Obama?

Be of good cheer, the end is near...the bro' gotta go.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #135 on: August 01, 2012, 09:13:45 AM »
As Libertas mentioned above:

President Obama has given $5,000 to his own reelection campaign, an official confirms to POLITICO.

In an email to supporters this morning, Obama said that he had given to his own reelection campaign for the first time as a symbolic gesture.

"On its own, what I gave won't be enough to surmount the unprecedented fundraising we've seen on the other side, both from our opponent's campaign and from the outside groups and special interests supporting him," Obama wrote. "But we have always believed that there's nothing we can't do when we all pitch in. That includes me."

I suppose this is following the theme of one of his latest campaign ads that babbles something along the lines of "We're all in this together." Which is utter nonsense. We all don't throw elaborate celebrity packed parties at the WH. We all don't go golfing almost every week of the year at exotic locations around the world.

He compounds this tone deaf message by writing a "symbolic" check for $5000? They guy is a multi millionaire and that's all he can pretend to spend? Why not toss in $3 like he is asking the commoners to do? That would be just as ridiculous looking.

Daily clown behavior. An ominous sign.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #136 on: August 01, 2012, 09:23:45 AM »
Jeff Greenfield isn't buying the hype anymore. He realizes that the tipping point has been reached and passed. He realizes that it's over.

All but the most lunatic leftists in the media (the entire on air staff of MSNBC) are going to come to this point pretty soon. They have to because to keep spouting this nonsense that the election is going to be close, that O'Bongo is favored to win will seriously mess with their professional reputations. In other words, they love them some O'Bongo and Marxist/socialist policies but that love will only go so far.

...I offer, not a prediction, but a flat pre-election assessment: If President Barack Obama is to win, he is going to have to overcome a set of numbers that no incumbent President, or incumbent party, has ever managed to surmount.

The jobless rate has been stuck at just above 8 per cent for months; you have to go back to 1936 to find a President re-elected with a higher unemployment rate. And in Franklin D. Roosevelt’s case, it was a far better number than he had inherited. Plus, growth was booming.

Today, real growth is at 1.5 per cent. In the economic forecasting models, this portends what even the liberal arts majors have been predicting: a very close election.

The core question for many voters—“Are you generally satisfied with the country’s direction, or has the U.S. gone off on the wrong track”—gets a 32.7-60.7 negative answer, according to the RealClearPolitics average. Generally, an incumbent party needs to have at least a 35% positive response to this question to win the election, says the Gallup Organization.

The consumer confidence level is now about 60 per cent. No incumbent party has ever kept the White House with a number anything like that. (It was slightly higher, at 65 per cent, in 1980 when Carter lost in a landslide.)

Here are the words of someone who wants to maintain some shred of credibility in the news media biz:

Forget who is running, what the latest gaffe of the day is, who is outraged and what latest insult to what group has been perpetrated by the candidate or his staff. Ignore whom you’re rooting for, and just look at those numbers with the ice-cold heart of a bean counter.

What you would conclude, I think, is that there is no way an incumbent President could get re-elected given these current numbers.

Be of good cheer, the end is near...the bro' gotta go.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #137 on: August 01, 2012, 11:26:46 AM »
“My upcoming birthday next week could be the last one I celebrate as President of the United States, but that’s not up to me — it’s up to you,” Mr. Obama said to his supporters in an e-mail late last week.

Now that is fracking hilarious!  Poor me, I can't get there from here without your $3!  And if I can't it's YOUR fault!

What a salesman!  Who could resist such a fantastic pitch?!

::hysterical::

Accompanying the e-mail was a link to donate in exchange for a chance to attend his “birthday get-together” in August.

Yes, a chance!  Like having a street in front of your business kind of lucky chance?  No, not even that good!

::laughonfloor::

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #138 on: August 01, 2012, 11:46:36 AM »
Rumor only:

New obama campaign fund raisers:

1) Chume it up wit da Prez: $3.00 ( columbian: $5.00) 
2) Beer summit: $3.00 ( you bring the keg 2.50)
3) gay day: I'll show you my roots if you show me yours ( wet: 3.50, dry 5.50)
4) The dreams of my father tour, Kenya: Bowl of rice
5) Ethnic day: Will accept food stamps
6) Run for the border: ( our border) 25 pesos
7) Help save the planet: carbon credit
8) Black friday: .01
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #139 on: August 01, 2012, 12:26:20 PM »
Rumor only:

New obama campaign fund raisers:

1) Chume it up wit da Prez: $3.00 ( columbian: $5.00) 
2) Beer summit: $3.00 ( you bring the keg 2.50)
3) gay day: I'll show you my roots if you show me yours ( wet: 3.50, dry 5.50)
4) The dreams of my father tour, Kenya: Bowl of rice
5) Ethnic day: Will accept food stamps
6) Run for the border: ( our border) 25 pesos
7) Help save the planet: carbon credit
8) Black friday: .01

Now that there is daggum funny m'friend.

::hysterical::
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson