Author Topic: Person of Interest  (Read 3066 times)

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
Person of Interest
« on: September 23, 2011, 08:15:40 AM »
I watched this on CBS last night.  It's created by JJ Abrams and Jonathan Nolan.  Last night's ep was written by Nolan.  The premise is that after 9/11 this guy created the machine the government uses to collate the information it gathers on everyone.  The info is divided into two groups--relevant and irrelevant.  Relevant would be something that would be a threat to the US as a whole.  Irrelevant would be info related to something bad about to happen to or by  an individual.  The twist is he doesn't know if the irrelevant person tagged will be a criminal or victim. 

He created a backdoor to retrieve the social security numbers of the irrelevant that gets deleted every night.  So with this ss# he enlists the help of a former Ranger named Reese (played by Jim Caviezel) to track the person and help/prevent what is going to happen.

I like Caviezel so that's what prompted me to watch.  Plenty of action too which I like also.  Reese isn't afraid to shoot a gun.

It has the look and feel of a movie.  And way more interesting than most movies I've seen.  I'll watch again and hope this first ep wasn't the best it's got.

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Re: Person of Interest
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2011, 08:40:27 AM »
Is this the new show that has that guy from "Lost"?
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2011, 08:44:56 AM »

No, that would be Hawaii 5-0.

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline radioman

• A Regular
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2011, 08:46:10 AM »

Yes. The character that built themachine was on Lost. And yes there are two characters on H-50 also from Lost.
TGIF - "Thank God I'm Forgiven"

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2011, 09:07:42 AM »

Yes. The character that built themachine was on Lost. And yes there are two characters on H-50 also from Lost.

Yes, the guy who played Ben Linus on Lost is now in Person of Interest. And Jim Caviezel? I'll have to check that one out.

Looks like Hawaii 5-0 has Jin from Lost, Boomer from Battlestar Galactica, and Hiro from Heroes.

Nice to see that these actors who developed these well-liked characters are finding life beyond their initial hit series.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline radioman

• A Regular
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2011, 09:22:35 AM »
This year, hw50 added another actor from Lost, so now they have 2 - He's the bald headed man

Jim C. played Jesus in the passion of Christ movie
TGIF - "Thank God I'm Forgiven"

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2011, 09:40:54 AM »

oh, ok. Never watched Lost so only knew what I saw on the commercials for 5-0.

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2011, 10:24:44 AM »
This year, hw50 added another actor from Lost, so now they have 2 - He's the bald headed man

I might have to check this out.  Caviezel was kind of blacklisted out of big budget stuff, after Passion, and has been relegated to low budget movies.  It would be cool for him to hit it big on TV, like Keifer Sutherland did.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2011, 10:37:17 AM »

New avatar!
                  ::thumbsup::

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2011, 10:47:01 AM »

I might have to check this out.  Caviezel was kind of blacklisted out of big budget stuff, after Passion, and has been relegated to low budget movies.  It would be cool for him to hit it big on TV, like Keifer Sutherland did.

I'd recommend it.
I see CBS has it online now.  It's a WB show and CBS has a history of not putting  WB shows online so I don't know how long they'll have it online.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2011, 05:27:59 PM »
I watched the 2nd episode last Thursday and I think it was even better than the first one. 

There's something so satisfying about seeing unapologetic ass-kicking.  I'm hooked. 

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2011, 06:46:55 AM »
There's something so satisfying about seeing unapologetic ass-kicking.  I'm hooked. 

How feminine of you. ::laughonfloor::
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2011, 08:53:07 AM »

My wife's the same way. Her fave TV show of all time was 24. She loves movies like 300, LOTR, Rambo, etc.

She loves the chick-flicks too though.

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2011, 02:10:22 PM »

::curtsy4::

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2011, 10:51:27 PM »

::saywhat::
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2011, 06:28:49 PM »
JJ Abrams was one of the creators of Lost, so that's another link. I'll have to check it out. Michael Emerson is a very good actor. His portrayal of Ben Linus in Lost was so spot-on I constantly wanted to punch him.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2011, 06:32:09 PM »
Yes, this is my weekly update/post.

Another interesting episode--but if you haven't watched any others I wouldn't start with this one. It's as good as the others but the ending may leave you lost unless you've seen the others.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2011, 06:48:26 PM »
Tsk.  I hate missing it, but it's up against something else I like.  No DVR either.

BTW, a new "Walking Dead" runs tonight at 9.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

charlesoakwood

« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2011, 07:09:06 PM »

Kono (Grace Park) played the part of 'Boomer' in Battlestar Galactica.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2011, 07:44:27 PM »

Kono (Grace Park) played the part of 'Boomer' in Battlestar Galactica.

She's purrrrty.

- Thomas Jefferson