Author Topic: Herman Cain's 999 Plan  (Read 23988 times)

charlesoakwood

Re: Herman Cain's 999 Plan
« Reply #200 on: October 21, 2011, 12:55:38 PM »

Cat tax fever!

Offline Janny

« Reply #201 on: October 21, 2011, 02:17:49 PM »
Thanks Janny, hope we get to have a team we can coalesce around...I'd hate to see this opportunity screwed up.  I've been saying quite a while now this may be our last chance to electorally effect positive direction for this nation.

Hey, I'll take the Manchurian Catidate, he cute!  And he has no negatives (yet)!

Jerry!  Jerry!  Jerry!

;D

Hey, what could be negative about him? He's neutered, so there wouldn't be any sex scandals, and he hides all his toys under the stove. And as long as there are no increased taxes on Fancy Feast, he's open to just about any tax plan.

What could go wrong?

Offline Janny

« Reply #202 on: October 21, 2011, 02:20:46 PM »
Yes, indeed. Prices may fall, but how do we know that they will fall enough to offset the tax?

Even if prices don't fall, I've demonstrated up there in the thread that (at least to me) I will come out ahead

But, I do think a 9% corp tax rate will help with competitiveness and could possibly help re-shoring of some companies

The devil is in the details and it will depend on what a business is able to deduct as to whether there actually is a savings

Additionally, getting rid of the IRS and the social engineering in the existing tax code is a big plus.

But, I would like to see it properly vetted,too

It certainly sounds like it would make it easier for businesses, but that's only at the FEDERAL level of taxation. What individual states do, and may be required to do, as a result of the changes in the federal tax structure are still in question. So, whether anyone ends up coming out ahead, in overall taxation, is very much in question. That's exactly why we need to ask more questions and get more answers!

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #203 on: October 21, 2011, 02:23:57 PM »
Janny, I don't think this is a spending bill, just a revenue bill.
I don't see how this affects the states at all as far as their taxation

The states will still get the same amount of Fed $

Offline Janny

« Reply #204 on: October 21, 2011, 02:37:41 PM »
Janny, I don't think this is a spending bill, just a revenue bill.
I don't see how this affects the states at all as far as their taxation

The states will still get the same amount of Fed $

And I'm skeptical about this supplying the same amount of federal tax funds as the current plan. If it does, then you're right. If it doesn't, and the states suffer cuts in federal funding as a result, they will take measures to make up for those lost funds. You know it and I know it.

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #205 on: October 21, 2011, 02:43:34 PM »
Just an innocent question here, are we looking to be overly critical of Cain's plan?  I mean there is still going to have to be congressional approval on anything that gets proposed, so, could some of the quirks be worked out at that time?  I mean it seems like we may be replicating the sins of the Left as it pertains to how we let them destroy the Ryan Plan.  Having offered a plan that is 90% good should still be better than attacking it which can only benefit those who want to see it or the person who proposed it destroyed.  Do I have a point?  Questions I have, but I am not willing to throw a candidate on the fire if I like 90% of the rest he has to offer, especially when I consider what the alternative might be!

I'm sorry, but if the plan is not worthy of such criticism, then why would it need a lot of tweaking of the quirks!

I would like nothing better than to get rid of the current tax code, as we know it, and start from scratch with a brand new one. But the only thing that I could see that could possibly be implemented is a flat tax, and that will impact "the poor." The things the Feds are financing are ubiquitous and pervasive. I really think that the assumption that this plan could possibly be implemented in place of all other federal taxes is very naive.

Completely revamping the tax code will impact so many things! We have to face facts, and be able to DEFEND what we are promoting, not just sit and nod our heads in agreement with 90%.

Janny....The clap wasn't directed at anyone here...it was directed at the cadidates....but after reading this post, you seem to want it both ways. You are defending the current system.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline Janny

« Reply #206 on: October 21, 2011, 04:08:17 PM »
Janny....The clap wasn't directed at anyone here...it was directed at the cadidates....but after reading this post, you seem to want it both ways. You are defending the current system.

No. I am not defending the current system. I am pointing out how difficult it is going to be to be to make drastic changes in it. Those are two very different things.

It is Cain who wants it "both ways." He wants people to accept something drastically new, without answering questions about how it will actually work.

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #207 on: October 21, 2011, 04:20:05 PM »

No. I am not defending the current system. I am pointing out how difficult it is going to be to be to make drastic changes in it. Those are two very different things.

It is Cain who wants it "both ways." He wants people to accept something drastically new, without answering questions about how it will actually work.

Worse than that - when the questions get too detailed for the plan to stand up to scrutiny, and his flailing attempts to answer them don't pass the sniff test, he bails on the main selling point of the plan, and makes it a progressive tax, claiming that it was his plan all along to let criticism reach a certain point and then unveil the "details".

I've really enjoyed the prospect of backing Herman Cain for the past several weeks. But he's imploding now, just like the rest - perhaps even worse than the rest.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #208 on: October 21, 2011, 04:27:25 PM »
and his flailing attempts to answer them don't pass the sniff test, he bails on the main selling point of the plan, and makes it a progressive tax, claiming that it was his plan all along to let criticism reach a certain point and then unveil the "details".

Mr. Cain:

Do I look stupid?
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #209 on: October 21, 2011, 10:12:11 PM »
Apparently we need to just jump to the FAIR Tax and nix any hint of an income tax. HR25, I believe has the necessary exemptions depending on family size. It eliminates favoritism a;; together which is what the 999 seems to be plagued with. I understand what he was trying to do with the empowerment zones which is to get these idiots off the govt dole as fast as possible by weening them off gradually. Besides, let's face it I want the current code gone as I'm sick of the loopholes, the corporatism, the conflict with the fifth amendment etc. If we must go to just a flat tax for a few years to get to the final goal then we should do it and provide the trigger, a date that switches over all together. I really hate the idea of penalizing for production it seems contradictory to what the country is supposed to be about...... doing business and protection of that right.

At least we're now having the debate about how it should be done, Bush gave up on it flat out believing that Americans couldn't digest it or the income tax diehards would never let it die without a fight. We need a plan and a candidate willing to nix the scurge of humanity, the progressive income tax. ::thumbsup::
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline Delnorin

• Free Speech While It Lasts
« Reply #210 on: October 21, 2011, 10:26:55 PM »
Herman's tweet from 12 hours ago.
 @THEHermanCain The road to renewal begins with opportunity zones!

Offline Janny

« Reply #211 on: October 21, 2011, 11:20:59 PM »

Offline Delnorin

« Reply #212 on: October 21, 2011, 11:24:35 PM »

Reading the 999 that first time and coming across "Empowerment Zones" it just stank.  You know.. you come into the house after vacation and you smell that spoiled milk or wrotten letuce in the garbage disposal... 1/8 of a second and you know something is just WRONG and needs to be addressed immediately.

I'm at least glad he's come straight out and said he believes black people don't have the ability to work hard and make smart choices in their lives.  It's shocking to me and something I don't believe, but I'm glad he at least comes straight out and says what he believes.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #213 on: October 21, 2011, 11:30:33 PM »

The Fair Tax is on it's way and endorsed by Steve Forbes.

Offline Janny

« Reply #214 on: October 21, 2011, 11:34:20 PM »

The Fair Tax is on it's way and endorsed by Steve Forbes.

It's on it's way where?

Offline Delnorin

« Reply #215 on: October 21, 2011, 11:43:53 PM »
I just posted on Herman Cain's FaceBook page:

I've been backing you since the very first GOP debate. But these "Empowerment Zones" really smell to me. You say that there are more Black People in the inner cities, that's why we need to give businesses better tax breaks in those areas and lower the personal tax rates in those areas also. Do you know how condescending and racist that sounds? Because there are so many black people.. we have to make sure we give them a free ride. They can't work hard and make smart life-choices. ? ? ? EX-Squeeze ME??

charlesoakwood

« Reply #216 on: October 21, 2011, 11:44:17 PM »

http://hotair.com/archives/2011/10/21/flat-tax-a-gamble-for-perry-cain/

And Forbes, who says he helped devise Perry’s plan, left little doubt that he’ll formally back the Texas governor before long.

In an interview with Yahoo News, Forbes called Perry’s proposal,announced in a speech Wednesday, “the most exciting tax plan since Reagan’s,” in 1980.

Offline Janny

« Reply #217 on: October 21, 2011, 11:46:14 PM »

http://hotair.com/archives/2011/10/21/flat-tax-a-gamble-for-perry-cain/

And Forbes, who says he helped devise Perry’s plan, left little doubt that he’ll formally back the Texas governor before long.

In an interview with Yahoo News, Forbes called Perry’s proposal,announced in a speech Wednesday, “the most exciting tax plan since Reagan’s,” in 1980.

That says flat tax, not fair tax. The two are very different. The Fair tax is a sales tax. This is an article I read a few years ago about it. http://www.nationalreview.com/articles/221858/fair-tax-foul-politics/editors

charlesoakwood

« Reply #218 on: October 22, 2011, 12:14:48 AM »
I checked your link and also looked up flat tax, at a glance, they both have ifs, ands, and buts.

Saw Forbes on Lou Dobbs, I think; tonight, and he said 17% and one page to fill out. *
Something new to learn.

As much as I detest our tax code I don't think it's our problem and meddling with it right now
is taking one's eye off the ball.  We need to open up commerce, put the kybosh on the EPA and
other regulatory agencies and drill.   We have enough shale, coal, oil, and natural gas under ground
to stop buying any foreign fuel.  That would recirculate billions of dollars a month within the US instead
of laundering it to Saudi Arabia and Iran.

Getting the ball rolling, American sentiment in favor of eliminating acronym agencies motivated by
the success of eliminating the EPA could create a domino effect.  Let's do another one, BAM! And another
and another, on and on.  That's what we need.

*My state has no income tax only a sales tax. It's not hidden and much less painful than another acronym.

ETA: The acronym list includes Fanny, Freddie, and personally I'd like an elimination of the Federal Bank.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2011, 12:20:58 AM by Charles Oakwood »

Offline Delnorin

« Reply #219 on: October 22, 2011, 12:37:19 AM »
Herman Cain Announces ‘9-9-9‘ is Actually a ’9-0-9? Plan for those at Poverty Level

Herman Cain Announces ‘9-9-9‘ is Actually a ’9-0-9? Plan for those at Poverty Level

Quote from: TheBlaze.com
That’s correct. Herman Cain announced that his signature “9-9-9“ plan is actually a ”9-0-9” plan — at least when it comes to the nation’s poor. Cain, who has accused critics of never having read his 9-9-9 plan through to completion, insisted the 9-0-9 provisions of his plan have been included in his campaign literature all along.

Speaking at the Michigan Central Station in downtown Detroit — where the unemployment rate is among the highest in the nation — Cain announced his proposal to create “opportunity zones” in the country’s inner cities.

“If you’re at or below the poverty level, your plan isn’t ‘9-9-9,’” Cain said to the crowd.

“It’s ‘9-zero-9.’ Say ‘Amen,‘ y’all! In other words, if you are at or below the poverty level based upon family size, because there’s a different number for each one, then you don’t pay that middle ‘9? tax on your income. This is how we help the poor.”

Cain’s announcement reportedly comes on the heels of a study released by the nonpartisan Tax Policy Center in Washington, which concluded the 9-9-9 would increase taxes by more than 900 percent on U.S. households earning between $10,000 and $20,000 annually.

Fox News adds:

A day earlier, Fox News had exclusively reported that Cain’s opportunity zone proposal is stirring displeasure among leaders of organized labor. Although he did not dwell on this during his appearance in Detroit, Cain insists that those areas that wish to qualify as an opportunity zone must eliminate what the campaign calls “barriers” to economic growth.

Examples of how to do that, as provided by campaign sources, include a number of steps considered anathema to Big Labor. They include the abolition of the minimum wage; the institution of school choice for parents; and the establishment of “right to work” conditions, which allow workers to refuse to join unions in unionized workplaces.

“It’s tough to take anything like that seriously,” AFL-CIO President richard Trumka told Fox News. “Look, workers are working hard and their wages have stagnated. To have Herman Cain, a serious contender on the Republican side, make a statement like that – that he wants to further lower wages, he wants to do away with the minimum wage – it’s almost laughable.”

Even Teamsters President James Hoffa weighed in, stating:

“Herman Cain‘s ’opportunity zones’ appear to be an opportunity for corporate America to exploit workers and turn the United States into a third-world country.”

I had real hope we could turn this country around.  But with nearly 50% of the country paying zero tax and thinking that the world owes them even more than a free ride.  In the election/voting/ 1 person : 1 vote world.... it's too late.

That 50% will riot and die in the streets and burn everything to the ground before they are required to get off their ASSES and earn what they get.

Sorry...

Psst... someone send me a private message with the Lat. & Long. of the Bunker.