Author Topic: OWS promises 2012 escalation of tactics, pushing warfare  (Read 13758 times)

Online benb61

• Established Member
  • My 2 fast cars
Re: OWS promises 2012 escalation of tactics, pushing warfare
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2012, 11:50:05 AM »
I see them escalating to the point the gooberment will call for martial law. Easier for Duh Won to win in 2012.

It has been my thought since the OWS started that this year they would get violent causing obama to declare martial law and suspend the 2012 election, declaring himself "Benevolent Leader".  That is when the real violence will begin.
Eschew Obfuscation

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2012, 12:00:15 PM »
I see them escalating to the point the gooberment will call for martial law. Easier for Duh Won to win in 2012.

It has been my thought since the OWS started that this year they would get violent causing obama to declare martial law and suspend the 2012 election, declaring himself "Benevolent Leader".  That is when the real violence will begin.

machinegun
Get Some!!!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2012, 12:49:47 PM »

Perhaps this is why the G8 was moved to Camp david.  He knows trouble is coming this summer.
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2012, 02:36:02 PM »

Perhaps this is why the G8 was moved to Camp david.  He knows trouble is coming this summer.

Let it come I'm sick of talking about it.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2012, 03:41:36 PM »

Let it come I'm sick of talking about it.

Tired of talking about it, hearing about it...............let's roll.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

charlesoakwood

« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2012, 03:58:45 PM »

machinegun
Get Some!!!

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2012, 11:30:05 AM »
According to Frances Fox Piven:

The Occupy Wall Street movement is entering the phase where it “makes trouble.”
    “We’ll see action against the banks, against the corporations.”
    Different forms of protests that will engage many people.
    Occupy was helped by “sympathetic” press coverage.

Leftist professor and activist Frances Fox Piven last week predicted the Occupy Wall Street movement is entering the phase where it “makes trouble” and will soon be taking action against banks and other institutions.

“It may well be that the Occupy movement is now in its second phase, in the phase where it makes trouble, in the phase where it threatens to shut down institutions,” Piven said. “The Occupy movement has moved into the neighborhoods of our cities, it has moved into the schools….This spring, we’ll see action against the banks, against the corporations.”

She added, “It is going to be a spring with lots of protests that take different forms and engage lots of people.”

Piven made her comments during a lecture to a group of students at the University of Connecticut last Friday. She touched on the genesis of the Occupy movement, which she said was particularly a result of the financial crisis, which “exposed those in charge of the economy as illegitimate.”

“The people who were sitting on top of the world, the top-tenth of the top 1 percent, were guilty. They were guilty of thievery, of chicanery,” Piven said.

Something tells me her idea and mine of "the top 1 percent" differ.

Much more at the link; this ... person ... has a perverted outlook and opinion on many aspects of the US.

Piven gave her talk as part of a University of Connecticut political science forum. Joseph Gasser, president of the University of Connecticut College Republicans, told The Blaze that while Piven has “every right to voice her collectivist opinions,“ he believes it was ”a mistake“ to give a platform to someone with ”a demonstrable misunderstanding of economics and a vicious contempt for those who have made themselves successful.

Student members from both the College Republicans and the University of Connecticut Young Americans for Liberty attended the event.

“Hosting her sends the message to students, faculty and donors to the university that this is an environment where covetousness, envy and ill will are encouraged at the expense of industriousness, hard work and ingenuity,” Gasser said.

Piven is inciting the OWS and those of college age to chaos and mayhem.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #27 on: March 13, 2012, 01:59:03 PM »
Such activity used to be a crime with commensurate punishment.  But remember, if Palin were urging Tea Partiers to illegal actions, she would have the black-clad stormtroopers kicking her door in.

This is the world we live in now.

Let us pray it short-lived.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #28 on: March 21, 2012, 11:48:50 AM »
With the warmer weather they're getting an earlier start on their lawlessness...

#Occupy Midwest Vandals Deface Historic St. Louis Landmarks & Leave Threats – “Only Blood of Rich Will Stop Occupy”
http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2012/03/occupy-midwest-goons-close-conference-but-not-before-vandalizing-historic-st-louis-landmarks/

Obama & all the Dem's OWN THIS!

!

charlesoakwood

« Reply #29 on: March 21, 2012, 06:18:52 PM »

My pappy always said to be careful what I asked for.
It was good advice.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #30 on: March 21, 2012, 07:23:08 PM »
Yup, some people have wisdom and pass it on.  I am guessing a lot of these OWS morons never got good advice or would recognize it if given.  Human trash waiting for a broom to sweep them away...

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #31 on: March 21, 2012, 10:31:52 PM »
This has the potential to be a watershed moment in American history. Before, the domestic enemies of America could only be suspected, occasionally outed when the stars aligned and evidence presented itself. Now, they are proudly self-declaring and shouting it from the rooftops. Speaking of rooftops....
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #32 on: March 22, 2012, 07:43:00 AM »
Heh, thinking of aerial bombardment?   ::evilbat::

Offline predator

• Newb
« Reply #33 on: March 22, 2012, 04:48:02 PM »
OWS should really, really reconsider this whole "warfare" business. It may fly in Bloomberg Land, but if they bring this crap to the heartland. Well...can I just say "personal arsenals?"   machinegun

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #34 on: March 23, 2012, 08:19:50 AM »
Agreed Predator, it is why they seek the "safe havens" of big cities!

We in "flyover" country like to hang out signs warning the stupid to be stupid somewhere else or pay the price!

Offline BMG

• Established Member
« Reply #35 on: April 21, 2012, 03:44:59 PM »
http://inthesetimes.com/article/13037/no_vacancies_squatters_move_in

After three years of staying in her sister’s living room, Tene Smith decided to move her family into a home that had sat vacant on Chicago’s South Side for more than two years.

Today’s housing movement has yet to approach the pace of its predecessors – historians Richard Boyer and Herbert Morais estimate that in 1932, unemployed workers’ councils moved 77,000 evicted families back into their homes in New York City alone. But buoyed by the support of the Occupy movement, housing rights groups have stepped up their efforts.

Though the mortgage crisis has created political space for a movement to emerge, Rameau says that the ultimate goal is to create more affordable housing and to give communities control over how it is managed. “Our real objective is not to target banks,” he concludes. “Our real objective is to fulfill the human right to housing.”

So with the assistance of the Occupy Movement, people are 'squatting' in foreclosed (vacant) homes, completely rent-free. The idea is that if they stay there long enough (the story mentions a month) without the bank noticing then the bank has to go through eviction proceedings in order to get them out (which could take months or even as long as a year if I recall my statistics).
“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.” 
- Patrick Henry

"The more corrupt the state, the more it legislates."
- Tacitus

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #36 on: April 21, 2012, 03:52:14 PM »
This whole housing issue is a freaking mess and I have mixed feelings about the squatters.  While I do not believe they have "a right to housing", provided they don't wreck the houses, it is a better thing that the dwellings are occupied.

The banks don't appear to want to clear their books of these foreclosed properties for various reasons, I'm not sure there's enough of a buying market right now, and there's a glut of new housing, too.

Somebody smarter than I should parse what I just wrote; tell me where I'm wrong (other than the obvious -- that's it is stealing).
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

charlesoakwood

« Reply #37 on: April 21, 2012, 04:09:55 PM »

Everybody seems to have a dog in the bank hunt.  I have no good will for
banks either, butt:

Out here it's not nearly as bad as other places; however, prices are
reduced and people aren't buying.  The deaf, dumb, and blind understand
things are tight with no relief in sight.

In other words: The bank puts it up for sale but a sale requires a buyer and
potential buyers are not walking through the door.  That squatter rule was
written by Demos.  Talking to a realtor said: An owner spend over 6 months
and XXX dollars evicting a non paying renter before he could put his property
up for sale.  That blows.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #38 on: April 21, 2012, 04:48:20 PM »
I wasn't banging on banks, either, didn't mean to give that impression.  I did mention the housing non-market.

Offline BMG

• Established Member
« Reply #39 on: April 21, 2012, 05:46:47 PM »
For me Pan, I guess it all comes down to the theft issue. It simply is not their property to squat on. If they made an arrangement with the bank to pay rent and to move when the place actually did sell (and to repair any damages they caused) I wouldn't have a problem with it at all. It would be a win-win for the housing challenged (shelter) and for the bank (rent where no income would be otherwise and great PR).

However, in the article I posted that simply was not the case. The people are being aided in taking over bank-owned properties. Simple theft. Without the rule of law where are we? Playing right into the hands of the anarchist wing of the OWS cretins.

As an aside, the woman in the article specifically said that she had been living with her sister. So she had a roof over her head - she wasn't even homeless.

“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.” 
- Patrick Henry

"The more corrupt the state, the more it legislates."
- Tacitus