Author Topic: The 10 Cars With the Most Obnoxious Drivers  (Read 1699 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
The 10 Cars With the Most Obnoxious Drivers
« on: January 29, 2012, 10:36:08 AM »
10. Toyota Prius
They should have called it the Toyota Sanctimonius. That sidelong glare you get when you pass one? It means you're driving too fast. Wasting precious gasoline. Defiling Gaia. Reveling in your carbon footprint. You, my friend, are the enemy of mankind. And all Prius drivers.

Other 9 found here.

H/T Fran Porretto
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Re: The 10 Cars With the Most Obnoxious Drivers
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2012, 10:39:37 AM »
They left out the "Smart Car". Those things are about the most obnoxious things ever conceived, right down to the name.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2012, 10:54:56 AM »
Heh, pretty good.  #1 is #1 for sure (and in Minnie followed closely by those morons still sporting Wellstone and Mondale bumperstickers!).

Everytime I see one of those "Smart Cars" IDP, I laugh my butt off!  I keep looking for golf clubs strapped in the back!

::hysterical::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2012, 10:59:05 AM »
Fran applied his own critique:

That Suburban being driven by a 4'9" woman paying more attention to her cell phone and the sales advertised by the stores along the road than to the traffic;

That might have stung, EXCEPT, it's a pickemup truck, I'm 4'10", I have no cellphone and I don't rubberneck.

But I've seen those types.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2012, 11:12:41 AM »
The worst I ever saw was a young gal in a Fiesta or something steering with her knee with a cell phone in one hand and the makeup wand in the other.

::facepalm::

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2012, 12:04:56 PM »
Fran applied his own critique:

That Suburban being driven by a 4'9" woman paying more attention to her cell phone and the sales advertised by the stores along the road than to the traffic;

That might have stung, EXCEPT, it's a pickemup truck, I'm 4'10", I have no cellphone and I don't rubberneck.

But I've seen those types.

My g/f is 5'1" and drives a Ford F-250 diesel. Plus she pulls a 28' 5th wheel camper.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

charlesoakwood

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2012, 01:59:28 PM »

While you nap in the backseat.

Speaking of handheld being awkward in the cab:

http://www.thinkgeek.com/gadgets/cellphone/8928/

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2012, 02:02:05 PM »
The worst I ever saw was a young gal in a Fiesta or something steering with her knee with a cell phone in one hand and the makeup wand in the other.

::facepalm::

Reminds me of the classic Limbaugh monologue on why women have more auto accidents than men...because of farding.

Since there is almost not audio distinction between "fard" and "fart" you can imagine the number of indignant female callers who said that men did it too and why should that be the cause of auto accidents and Rush insisting that men never fard. It was hilarious.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2012, 03:00:22 PM »
Heh!

"One of the things we can do to really clean up highway safety is to get women to stop farding in their cars. If you get that stopped, we'll be safer. You can see it every time it happens. If you get that stopped, get women to stop farding in their cars, then they'll be paying attention to driving, and it will be a lot safer out on the roads."

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2008/08/01/20th_anniversary_flashback_remembering_the_farding_bit

It's still good!

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2012, 10:28:33 PM »
Other 9 found here.

Yay! I don't drive any of them!  ::cool::

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2012, 07:05:00 AM »
Say "No" to smugness!

::thumbsup::

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2012, 07:49:44 AM »
Dude, it's a C-Class. The entry-level Mercedes. It's the Sentra of Mercedes. I know, you think everyone is jealous of you. Here's a helpful hint: they're not. In fact, all Mercedes owners look down on you for driving the brand's Corolla. And drivers of other makes just kinda feel sorry for you, because. Well, you're. Trying. Too. Hard.

Seriously, no Volkswagens on that list?  They're more obnoxious than any Subaru driver any day.  Hell, Subarus are among the most boring styled but practical/good value cars around.  My parents had a Subaru for awhile.  This guy is ragging them for not driving one of the overpriced cars ripped in almost every other entry.

No, not Subaru. 

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2012, 08:08:40 AM »
I agree on the Subaru. It's a practical car for snow country with its all wheel drive.

I was surprised that the Cadillac version of the Suburban wasn't on the list. The Suburban is pricey enough as it is and to have a rhinestone encrusted one just seems over the top pretentious.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2012, 08:35:25 AM »
I agree on the Subaru. It's a practical car for snow country with its all wheel drive.

I was surprised that the Cadillac version of the Suburban wasn't on the list. The Suburban is pricey enough as it is and to have a rhinestone encrusted one just seems over the top pretentious.

Yeah, the Subaru screams practical, not obnoxious driver.

Reading the other choices of obnoxious cars, I've come to the conclusion of you can take the obnoxious out of the car, but you can't take the obnoxious out of the driver.

Obnoxious people make any product questionable.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2012, 08:41:44 AM »

Yeah, the Subaru screams practical, not obnoxious driver.

Reading the other choices of obnoxious cars, I've come to the conclusion of you can take the obnoxious out of the car, but you can't take the obnoxious out of the driver.

Obnoxious people make any product questionable.

That is too true!

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2012, 10:13:31 AM »
 My parents had a Subaru for awhile.  This guy is ragging them for not driving one of the overpriced cars ripped in almost every other entry.

No, not Subaru.  

You kidding? The damn things  come with 10 Liberal bumper stickers already on them at the dealership. Come teotwaki, I will automatically start shooting at any Subaru Outback I see. Its utility or value as a vehicle is really beside the point.   98% of the drivers are liberals. Of course, they all get caught by #1 in any event. I have yet to see and Outback round here without an Obama sticker. Then there is the company itself

Need more evidence?

Destroy on sight.  If you or your loved ones owns a subaru, its time to get them out of it. Come teotwaki, we won't have time to check out the rear for the bumpersticker proof.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2012, 11:30:36 AM »
Heh, that's quite a list of, uhh, accolades?!