Author Topic: Blue Bloods  (Read 2264 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Blue Bloods
« on: February 03, 2012, 10:01:05 PM »
Patriotism as we know it, Christianity, family values dealing with a corrupted culture.  Tom Selleck.

"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Re: Blue Bloods
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2012, 10:11:11 PM »
I haven't heard of it. Movie? Series?
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2012, 10:26:08 PM »
I haven't heard of it. Movie? Series?

Series.  Friday nights, CBS affiliate.

Tom Selleck, Donny Wahlberg.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1595859/
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2012, 10:11:19 AM »
Cool, I'll have to check that one out. Always liked Tom Selleck.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2012, 11:18:08 AM »
So, if their surname is...Reagan, dare I ask how these people are characterized?
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2012, 11:31:06 AM »
So, if their surname is...Reagan, dare I ask how these people are characterized?

As good, decent Irish Catholics.  The two remaining sons (one killed in the line of duty) are one cop, one detective; the daughter's a DA, Selleck is the police commish, widower; his father (grandfather) former cop lives with him.  They eat Sunday dinner together, the kids are mostly well-mannered and respectful.  They are not portrayed as perfect people but as people living in the modern world, struggling with trying to do the right thing.

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2012, 12:35:33 PM »

As good, decent Irish Catholics.  The two remaining sons (one killed in the line of duty) are one cop, one detective; the daughter's a DA, Selleck is the police commish, widower; his father (grandfather) former cop lives with him.  They eat Sunday dinner together, the kids are mostly well-mannered and respectful.  They are not portrayed as perfect people but as people living in the modern world, struggling with trying to do the right thing.

Huh.  So they are protrayed fairly.  Whodathunkit?

Started 2010, so is it going into 3rd season?  I must not get that channel in my programming, available online anywhere?

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2012, 12:44:46 PM »

Started 2010, so is it going into 3rd season?  I must not get that channel in my programming, available online anywhere?

To my way of thinking, they are.  And keep in mind I watch 'em like a hawk for any "progressive" slippage.

Keep in mind, too, that it's basically a cop show.

Do you not get the three main alphabet network channels, ABC/NBC/CBS in your programming?  It's shown on the CBS affiliate in your area, whatever that number channel is.

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2012, 12:53:00 PM »

To my way of thinking, they are.  And keep in mind I watch 'em like a hawk for any "progressive" slippage.

Keep in mind, too, that it's basically a cop show.

Do you not get the three main alphabet network channels, ABC/NBC/CBS in your programming?  It's shown on the CBS affiliate in your area, whatever that number channel is.

::hysterical::

Heh, my bad, I thought for some reason this was on an obscure cable channel!   ::facepalm::

But for me ABC, NBC & CBS are obsucre channels in that I rarely watch anything on them other than sports.

;)

I bet I can dial these up from my provider and get caught up.

Sorry to be a doughhead!  Thought I was having a senior moment or something, didn't ya?!

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2012, 01:08:25 PM »
You?  Nah.  I posted the CBS information a couple days ago and you've slept since then.   ;D

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2012, 01:22:36 PM »
I'm up from my coma now.   ;D

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2012, 09:07:37 PM »
I just checked my provider offerings and I can only get the 4 new episodes rolled out this year, if I just get caught up with those am I OK, or have I missed too much to know what is going on?

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2012, 09:27:38 PM »
I just checked my provider offerings and I can only get the 4 new episodes rolled out this year, if I just get caught up with those am I OK, or have I missed too much to know what is going on?

Nah, take it, you'll be able to follow it just fine.

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2012, 06:34:16 AM »

Cool, thanks.  Caucus tonight, Blue Bloods Wed nite.   ;)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2012, 06:59:33 AM »

Cool, thanks.  Caucus tonight, Blue Bloods Wed nite.   ;)

FRIDAY night!  CBS affiliate.

{Or are ye pullin' m'leg agin?}

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2012, 11:25:02 AM »

Cool, thanks.  Caucus tonight, Blue Bloods Wed nite.   ;)

FRIDAY night!  CBS affiliate.

I guess I pulled it unintentionally!   ::hysterical::

(It is easier than I though, JF!)

I meant watch the 4 catch-up episodes Wed nite, so I can go into Fri as caught up as I can be.

;D

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2012, 12:05:05 PM »

I meant watch the 4 catch-up episodes Wed nite, so I can go into Fri as caught up as I can be.

;D

Oh?  Don't you start, too, Libertas ........   ::oldman::

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2012, 12:42:42 PM »
This week's episode:

After a wealthy woman dies of a heart attack, Danny and Jackie must investigate when her daughter claims God told her that her stepfather actually murdered her mother. When the archbishop comes asking for Frank's support for the canonization of a local priest, Frank decides to check into a rumor about the priest back when he protested the Vietnam War.

Sounds interesting.

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2012, 05:08:49 PM »

;D

Oh?  Don't you start, too, Libertas ........   ::oldman::

;D

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2012, 06:45:07 AM »
Caught this seasons 4 episodes last night.

Like Tom Selleck, but then I've always liked him in stuff anyway.

That Linda chick (Donnie's wife) can get on my nerves, but overall it is a pretty good show.  Much better than your typical Hollywood/network fare.