Author Topic: Rep Ellmers - NC -- “Let me go on. I’m not yielding my time.”  (Read 1432 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Renee Ellmers (R-NC), took on Henry Waxman (D-CA) in spectacular fashion today in a joint House-Senate hearing on the payroll tax cut extension.

"Let me go on, I'm not yielding my time."

“What you say is completely and totally incorrect.”

Unfortunately a transcript is not yet available, but Rep. Ellmers takes the whole committee to task on ineffectiveness, useless rhetoric, and grandstanding, in a classic rant. It is especially satisfying to hear someone in Congress call out Democrats on their use of “emergency” rhetoric after failing to take care of any of our economic problems, or even pass a budget, last year. More of this, please.

H/T conservativeTarheel
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
Re: Rep Ellmers - NC -- “Let me go on. I’m not yielding my time.”
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2012, 01:03:42 PM »
Those outside of NC might be interested to know that it was her election in 2010 that unseated Bob "Who Are You?!" Etheridge, that belligerent, sloppy drunk who now has the temerity to run for Governor of NC.

I donated to Ellmers' campaign, was a bit disappointed that she caved on the debt ceiling raise (even Allen West did), but enjoy seeing things like this.  She better be careful though, if she gives the libs a bloody nose the leadership of her own party will relegate her to permanent backbencher status, maybe even redistrict her right out of Congress like they're trying to do to Allen West.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2012, 01:05:02 PM »
Sue Myrick has had it; she's done.  Not running for re-election.  Too bad, too; I really like her.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2012, 01:08:25 PM »
Yeah I am in Sue's district.  I remember way back when she was mayor of Charlotte.  Seems like forever ago.

- Yours Truly

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2012, 01:15:49 PM »
Who is running to replace her?

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2012, 01:19:02 PM »
Those outside of NC might be interested to know that it was her election in 2010 that unseated Bob "Who Are You?!" Etheridge, that belligerent, sloppy drunk who now has the temerity to run for Governor of NC....

Ah, I do remember her now that you mention it. He was near the top of the list of the arrogant pieces of scat who needed to go away.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2012, 01:22:08 PM »
Those outside of NC might be interested to know that it was her election in 2010 that unseated Bob "Who Are You?!" Etheridge, that belligerent, sloppy drunk who now has the temerity to run for Governor of NC....

Ah, I do remember her now that you mention it. He was near the top of the list of the arrogant pieces of scat who needed to go away.

That's right, and as he's said he's going to run for governor, he obviously didn't get the message.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2012, 01:41:05 PM »

That's right, and as he's said he's going to run for governor, he obviously didn't get the message.

Could he possibly win?
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2012, 01:46:48 PM »

Could he possibly win?

Dunno.  The few Dems I interact with on the local forum don't like him, but that's not accounting for the Dem machine in this state.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2012, 02:59:12 PM »
Pat McCrory should have won the governorship in 2008.  Bev Perdue took just long enough of a break from scheming against her archenemies, Batman & Robin, to coast in on Obama's coattails.  All the O-bots went out in 2008 and punched the Dumbocrat button all the way down the ticket.  McCrory lost because any Republican was destined to lose under the circumstances.

I think if we get to November and Duh Won's base is not energized like they were in 2008, McCrory will stand a good chance of winning the governor's race this go around.

- Yours Truly

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2012, 03:45:50 PM »
Pat McCrory should have won the governorship in 2008.  Bev Perdue took just long enough of a break from scheming against her archenemies, Batman & Robin, to coast in on Obama's coattails.  All the O-bots went out in 2008 and punched the Dumbocrat button all the way down the ticket.  McCrory lost because any Republican was destined to lose under the circumstances.

I think if we get to November and Duh Won's base is not energized like they were in 2008, McCrory will stand a good chance of winning the governor's race this go around.

McCrory favored light-rail or some such in Charlotte, didn't he?  Including a tax for it?

Who's running to replace Myrick, do you know?

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2012, 04:23:49 PM »
Actually I'm not yet sure who has announced in her district; in fact I only just heard today that she wasn't running.  McCrory did push for light rail in Charlotte, with attendant controversy. Seems the controversy was centered around 2005-6, and offhand I can't even remember how it was funded.  I think it was through the hotel occupancy tax, but might be wrong about that.  One line of it (Blue Line) is in operation. Recent effort to begin construction of the Red Line was rejected by the neighboring county into which it would run.

- Yours Truly

Offline Sally Brown

• Newb
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2012, 04:32:25 PM »

What is it with these jerks?  Why can't they just quietly leave the stage and get on with their sorry lives?  Is it that they have such a hollow core, no interests, can't read, no hobbies--nothing that could possibly occupy their time instead of continually and repeatedly inflicting themselves on the poor, long-suffering public?

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2012, 04:38:13 PM »

What is it with these jerks?  Why can't they just quietly leave the stage and get on with their sorry lives?  Is it that they have such a hollow core, no interests, can't read, no hobbies--nothing that could possibly occupy their time instead of continually and repeatedly inflicting themselves on the poor, long-suffering public?

They don't really know how to do anything else after being in gummint so long and I think a lot of them feel a loss of prestige, which says a lot for term limits.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2012, 04:44:57 PM »
Because they have a naked, transparent lust for authority and self-aggrandizement. A desire to appropriate the property of some and bribe adulation out of others with it.

And, there is simply the money factor.  This clip from Ghostbusters succinctly explains 95% of politicians and bureaucrats:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKT-eWMWXOE

- Yours Truly

Offline Sally Brown

• Newb
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2012, 05:11:09 PM »
Because they have a naked, transparent lust for authority and self-aggrandizement. A desire to appropriate the property of some and bribe adulation out of others with it.

And, there is simply the money factor.  This clip from Ghostbusters succinctly explains 95% of politicians and bureaucrats:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKT-eWMWXOE
Excellent!   ;D

Offline Miltrainer

« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2012, 06:16:05 PM »

Could he possibly win?
All I can say is Mark Dayton.....Who would have guessed the worst Senator would become Minnesota's Governor. ::facepalm::
You want the truth?....You can't handle the truth!

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2012, 08:42:50 PM »

Could he possibly win?
All I can say is Mark Dayton.....Who would have guessed the worst Senator would become Minnesota's Governor. ::facepalm::

Now that's just scary!! ::falldownshocked::
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2012, 07:27:55 AM »

Could he possibly win?

Now that's just scary!! ::falldownshocked::

You live in this state long enough, you see a lot of scary sh*t!

::facepalm::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2012, 12:05:26 PM »
Now that's just scary!!  ::falldownshocked::

Kinda like alan greyson as a governor?  :o