Author Topic: Rush's show today 3-5-12  (Read 6305 times)

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
Re: Rush's show today 3-5-12
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2012, 03:46:37 PM »
Pan , I agree in principle but that's an awful lot of dough . Don't look for any big hitters to step in real soon to replace that loss . The MFM will be ready to jump all over anyone who does . Sad but true .

charlesoakwood

« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2012, 05:02:44 PM »

He's not crapping his drawers, he, for all intents and purposes, told the cowardly sponsors to go fck themselves.  This ought to be a lesson in who to allow to buy advertising time, though.  Both heads of Carbonite and ProFlowers are Obama donors and should have received "no, thank you"s when they wanted to buy time in favor of companies with a vested interest in supporting conservatives.  This is one way to keep the Left from achieving infiltration and influence where it does us harm.

Agreed, we need a list of drop outs. It may be legally difficult to refuse to advertise
a product especially if they are willing to pony up the asking price.  He put Snapple
on the map and they dumped on him too.

ETA: Maha the wise one.  On the View today, Fluke declined to accept his apology.  There they go again, Rush
graciously apologizes then steps aside and they push the narrative harder and the media repeats it.

When are the media going mention the Dems substituted this shill for a scheduled witness at Issa's hearing?

« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 05:14:54 PM by Charles Oakwood »

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2012, 05:28:57 PM »
Pan , I agree in principle but that's an awful lot of dough . Don't look for any big hitters to step in real soon to replace that loss . The MFM will be ready to jump all over anyone who does . Sad but true .

Let 'em jump.

Let me axe you a question:  before they bought time on conservative radio, whothehellever heard of Carbonite?  ProFlowers?  Like CO wrote, Rush put Snapple on the map.  I heard a Geico ad, so apparently they stuck.

On the View today, Fluke declined to accept his apology.  There they go again, Rush
graciously apologizes then steps aside and they push the narrative harder and the media repeats it.

Oh, she did, did she.  Whore.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 05:32:41 PM by Pandora »
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2012, 05:32:19 PM »

Let 'em jump.

Let me axe you a question:  before they bought time on conservative radio, whothehellever heard of Carbonite?  ProFlowers?  Like CO wrote, Rush put Snapple on the map.  I heard a Geico ad, so apparently they stuck.

And you know what happened to Snapple?  Quaker Oats bought them and the company tanked and QO sold them for a lot less.  Snapple disappeared for a long time but it seems they're coming back.

I suspect that when they quit advertising on Rush's show people stopped buying.
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2012, 05:34:48 PM »
From the number of comments at Hot Air, Gateway Pundit and Breitbart indicating doing business with the deserters is now a no-go, I suspect Carbonite et al. are going to find they've taken a hit to their bottom lines as well.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2012, 05:40:09 PM »
Okay, campers...

Here is the definitive article on the "enemy" advertisers, who they really are and what to do about them.

Now get to work.

As noted earlier, what began with Don Imus, Lou Dobbs, and Glenn Beck has just hit Pat Buchanan.

It's time to fight back.

To take on Sleep Mattress, Sleep Number, Legal Zoom, Citrix, Quicken Loans, Carbonite and, now that they've caved, Pro-Flowers. And anybody else who wants to play this disgraceful blacklisting game with their customers.

To expose the hypocrisy and double standards. To make it crystal clear that that those who sell out our First Amendment rights to far left radicals are in fact going to be actively perceived as collaborating in a deliberate attack on their customers, real and potential.

It's time to stand up for free speech. To draw a line in the sand. And let these companies know that the blacklisting line stops with Rush.

It's time -- way past time -- to stand up to the blacklisting free speech bullies. By phone. By e-mail. Twitter, snail mail or whatever.

But however you do it?

It's time to Rally for Rush.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 05:43:28 PM by trapeze »
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2012, 05:40:36 PM »
Guarantee you they will all LOSE more conservatives as customers than they will GAIN liberals as approving new customers.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2012, 05:56:52 PM »
Trap, at AS they say they link to a piece by Charles Johnson regarding Fluke at Breitbart's site, but it wasn't a direct link to the article and damned if I can find it.  Did you?

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #28 on: March 05, 2012, 06:00:05 PM »
This will be my project tomorrow--I plan to contact them by phone and email.
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #29 on: March 05, 2012, 07:03:04 PM »
Okay, campers...

Here is the definitive article on the "enemy" advertisers, who they really are and what to do about them.

Now get to work.

As noted earlier, what began with Don Imus, Lou Dobbs, and Glenn Beck has just hit Pat Buchanan.

It's time to fight back.

To take on Sleep Mattress, Sleep Number, Legal Zoom, Citrix, Quicken Loans, Carbonite and, now that they've caved, Pro-Flowers. And anybody else who wants to play this disgraceful blacklisting game with their customers.

To expose the hypocrisy and double standards. To make it crystal clear that that those who sell out our First Amendment rights to far left radicals are in fact going to be actively perceived as collaborating in a deliberate attack on their customers, real and potential.

It's time to stand up for free speech. To draw a line in the sand. And let these companies know that the blacklisting line stops with Rush.

It's time -- way past time -- to stand up to the blacklisting free speech bullies. By phone. By e-mail. Twitter, snail mail or whatever.

But however you do it?

I'm with you.....The backlash on these companies should have them cursing Ms fluck by end of week.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #30 on: March 05, 2012, 07:21:32 PM »
This requires much more than our personal attention.

I despise chain emails but this is one situation in which I would approve of an exception. All of us have gotten chain emails from time to time. If you are like me they end with you and you do not pass them on. This is because by and large the content is bogus and ridiculous. Well, now it's time to return the favor to all those people who have sent you those nuisance communications. Send them out a well crafted letter that explains this situation and why it is essential that these companies be hit hard.

Don't stop there. As David Letterman would say, "Wake the neighbors and get the kids." Tell everyone you know. Do it by email and make it very easy for the recipient to contact the enemy. Send them to your family members. Send them to your friends. Send them to everyone you can think of.

Do it for Brietbart.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #31 on: March 05, 2012, 07:29:28 PM »
Trap, at AS they say they link to a piece by Charles Johnson regarding Fluke at Breitbart's site, but it wasn't a direct link to the article and damned if I can find it.  Did you?

Here is the link you were looking for.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #32 on: March 05, 2012, 07:33:52 PM »

Here is the link you were looking for.

Thank YOU.

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #33 on: March 05, 2012, 07:49:23 PM »
Levin needs to drop ProFlowers then. He hawks their crap all the time. And that place is an enormous ripoff.  I used them last Mother's Day with the coupon code from Levin's show.  My "$19.99" special ended up close to $60 by the time all the fees were added.  By then it was really too late to get her something else, so I ate it that once. And I think their entire business model is built around one-time customers, because there is no way in hell I will ever get anything at ProFlowers again.

Same here. It was because it had been advertised on Rush's show that I bought through them. I didn't blame Rush for the crummy deal - I just never went back.

I did however reach out to them yesterday - along with Citrix and today Sears - to tell them that it was their choice to embroil themselves into the politics of this thing by allowing themselves to be maneuvered by the libs. Likewise it was my choice to seek out alternatives to them because I dislike fair-weather friends.

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #34 on: March 05, 2012, 07:50:58 PM »

I despise chain emails but this is one situation in which I would approve of an exception. All of us have gotten chain emails from time to time. If you are like me they end with you and you do not pass them on. This is because by and large the content is bogus and ridiculous. Well, now it's time to return the favor to all those people who have sent you those nuisance communications. Send them out a well crafted letter that explains this situation and why it is essential that these companies be hit hard.

Don't stop there. As David Letterman would say, "Wake the neighbors and get the kids." Tell everyone you know. Do it by email and make it very easy for the recipient to contact the enemy. Send them to your family members. Send them to your friends. Send them to everyone you can think of.

Do it for Brietbart.

AOL is the latest to bail. I called and told her I would pay to swap her over to ANYBODY else  ;)

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #35 on: March 05, 2012, 08:19:57 PM »
I just sent out a very long email (with lots of links) to the huge laundry list of people who have been spamming me with chain emails forever. Copied below for your reference (the links and formatting did not make the transfer from my email program to this page...sorry about that):

Please read this entire article. This is important. This requires action. Please forward this email to everyone you know.

Here are the opening paragraphs from the article:

So. Did you hear about Carbonite and Rush Limbaugh?
No, you didn't. Not the way you will in a minute. But first?
It's time to turn the tables.
It's time to stand up to the bullies.
Rush Limbaugh has discussed at length -- at length -- what Sandra Fluke and her statist cronies are up to. Yes, he used the words "slut" and "prostitute" -- using the ludicrous to make his point. Ms. Fluke, in one of the most pathetic, shamelessly whining stories in recent memory, demands to be paid for her sex life because it costs $3,000 for three years of birth control while she's at law school. She demands that a Catholic university violate its fundamental right to religious liberty so she can have others pay for her sex life. So Rush asked the farcical obvious about somebody who demands that someone else pay her for her apparent, self-admitted prolific sex life. He spent two solid days relating her greed for other people's money and a lack of personal responsibility to the oldest of principles.
Right on cue, the blacklisting crowd came out of their Stalinist caves. Having driven Lou Dobbs from CNN, cut off Beck's windpipe at Fox, severed Pat Buchanan from MSNBC, thus emboldened they have now set their sights on Rush.
And Rush, threatened with his livelihood, has issued this statement:
For over 20 years, I have illustrated the absurd with absurdity, three hours a day, five days a week. In this instance, I chose the wrong words in my analogy of the situation. I did not mean a personal attack on Ms. Fluke.
I think it is absolutely absurd that during these very serious political times, we are discussing personal sexual recreational activities before members of Congress. I personally do not agree that American citizens should pay for these social activities. What happened to personal responsibility and accountability? Where do we draw the line? If this is accepted as the norm, what will follow? Will we be debating if taxpayers should pay for new sneakers for all students that are interested in running to keep fit? In my monologue, I posited that it is not our business whatsoever to know what is going on in anyone's bedroom nor do I think it is a topic that should reach a Presidential level.
My choice of words was not the best, and in the attempt to be humorous, I created a national stir. I sincerely apologize to Ms. Fluke for the insulting word choices.
This, but of course, was not enough to satisfy. Sandra Fluke herself raced to the Ed Schultz show on MSNBC to denounce Rush. Yes, the same Ed Schulz who not long ago called conservative radio and TV commentator Laura Ingraham a "slut." And he wasn't joking either. But suddenly, Ms. Fluke simply didn't care. Why? Because this entire controversy over Rush's words was never about the actual subject. It was really about yet another drive to blacklist yet another conservative in the media.
Big mistake. Really big mistake.
Did I mention Carbonite yet? Hold on.

This is a long article but it is extremely important because it contains the secrets of the people who run the companies that are terminating their advertising with Rush Limbaugh. In a nutshell, the owners of ProFlowers.com, QuickenLoans, LegalZoom and the others are all huge contributors to the Democrats and their leftist henchmen. Their number one goal is to snuff out all sources of opposing points of view.
They have successfully silenced Lou Dobbs at CNN, Don Imus, Glenn Beck and Patrick Buchanann. Now they are taking aim at Rush Limbaugh.
These companies have bowed to the pressure of leftist orgs like Media Matters. They are sucking up to a group of people who represent less than 20% of the population. 20% of the population is controlling what the other 80% get to hear and see. This must stop.
All of the contact information you need to hammer these cowardly (and leftist supporting) companies is contained in the article. For the sake of time I will post it below. Call them. Email them. Fax them. Let them know that you will not be buying their products. Let them know that you will tell your friends and family to not buy their products. Tell them that they have made their bed with the enemies of free speech and that this is unacceptable.
Sleep Train
customerservice@sleeptrain.com
800-919-2337 to tell them what you think. 866-293-5719 to fax them what you think.
Select Comfort / Sleep Number Beds
Click on this link to go to the fill in contact sheet at their website.
Legal Zoom
Click on this link to go to the fill in contact sheet at their website.
323-962-8600 to tell them what you think. 323-962-8300 to fax them what you think.
Citrix (GoToMyPC and GoToMeeting)
800-424-8749 (or 954-267-3000) to tell them what you think.954-267-9319 to fax them what you think.
Quicken Loans
Here is a link to the contact information on their website which includes the ability to chat with them...imagine the fun that will be. But you can always phone them at 800-863-4332.
Pro Flowers
Here is the link to their fill in contact sheet at their website.
Carbonite
Chat and email links can be found here.
You can call them at these two numbers: 617-587-1100 or 877-665-4466

These companies are cowardly, craven weasels for bowing to the anti-free speech demands of leftists. Let them know in no uncertain terms that they will pay a price for this.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #36 on: March 05, 2012, 08:23:52 PM »

Do it for Brietbart.

I'm the same way with chain letters.  But I've already sent on the list to some family and will do more.

If I had the know-how I'd make a video for youtube showing the left's use of derogatory terms vs the carrying on about Rush.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #37 on: March 05, 2012, 08:41:53 PM »
Here is a real email address for ProFlowers. I have already sent them a message.

wecare@customercare.ProFlowers.com

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #38 on: March 05, 2012, 08:42:51 PM »
And Sandra Fluke is a slut.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #39 on: March 05, 2012, 08:53:03 PM »