Author Topic: Rush's show today 3-5-12  (Read 6291 times)

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
Rush's show today 3-5-12
« on: March 05, 2012, 11:06:19 AM »
I have to leave in a few minutes but I'm staying until Rush starts his show.  I'm starting this thread so we have one place to discuss the show today.

I hope I'm not disappointed.

According to Breitbart.com 7 advertisers have left Rush's show.  When I get back home I guess I'll be emailing those 7 companies.
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Re: Rush's show today 3-5-12
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2012, 11:07:58 AM »
Here we go.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2012, 11:08:46 AM »
In fighting them last week, I became like them...
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2012, 11:12:42 AM »
He opened by saying Two if by Tea is still an advertiser.

He begins by saying all the theories about the apology are wrong.

He says his mistake was becoming like "them" -- the people we oppose.  He descended to their level.  He feels bad about it.

The words he used distracted from his point.  He doesn't think she is either of those two words.

His apology was sincere.

That was his motive--a heartfelt apology.  

Now he's doing a timeline of events.

Have to go now...

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2012, 11:13:54 AM »
Thanks, LV.

See you later.

"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2012, 11:14:40 AM »
"The Democrats decided they wanted Sandra Fluck... is it "Fluck" now, is that how you pronounce it?"

::hysterical::

- Thomas Jefferson

charlesoakwood

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2012, 11:15:57 AM »

Suggesting this (pronounced uck) Flucke thing is a distraction from Issa's hearings.
It was a set up withdrawing Barry Lynn and putting in Flucke.

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2012, 11:17:58 AM »
So I'm to be let down? 

Offline radioman

• A Regular
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2012, 11:23:58 AM »
I'm tired that we have to live up to standards that the liberals don't even attempt to do. Screw them!
TGIF - "Thank God I'm Forgiven"

charlesoakwood

« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2012, 11:25:16 AM »

So I'm to be let down? 

Not necessarily, he's speaking as a sinner who fell into the evil ways of the opposition.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2012, 11:30:29 AM »
Damn right radioman!  I feel let down.  WGAF if people think Rush descended to their level, so fricken what?  Compare that to what Leftists say ALL THE DAMN TIME!!!!  

::gaah::

Look at this sh*t!

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/liberal-radio-host-mocks-storm-victims-their-god-keeps-smashing-them-into-little-grease-spots/

And the NYT is thrilled about advertisers leaving rush's show -

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/03/05/business/media/limbaugh-advertisers-flee-show-amid-storm.html?_r=2&partner=MYWAY&ei=5065

Is this sincere apology bringing them back?

WTF did he gain?

We continue to fight by the Left's rules.

I'm beyond sick of this damn sh*t!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2012, 11:30:38 AM »
"The Democrats decided they wanted Sandra Fluck... is it "Fluck" now, is that how you pronounce it?"

::hysterical::

Actually, it's Flook (as in book/look).

And I don't believe Rush gives a rat's patoot about the adve---

There now, that's exactly what he's saying now, it's not the advertisers' desertion.

Look guys, he believes he did wrong regardless of what WE think, so he manned up and issued a sincere apology and not one of those "IF you were offended ... " deals typical of the Left.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 11:35:23 AM by Pandora »
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2012, 11:31:00 AM »

So I'm to be let down? 

Not necessarily, he's speaking as a sinner who fell into the evil ways of the opposition.

Seems a cop out to me.

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2012, 11:45:02 AM »
I'm sensing cop out also.  He had this one chance to make the greatest display of double standards ever.

And he's blowing it.  Of all the casualties of this election season, Rush is now number 1.

This county is so flucked, or flooked, or whatever.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2012, 11:47:20 AM »
Yup.  Flucked, Flooked, Flocked...

::falldownshocked::

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2012, 12:26:35 PM »
Theory number one, the big set up for the biggest see I told you so, evah! is a bust, so now it's time for theory #2

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2012, 12:43:26 PM »
Rush often tells the story of being accosted at a swank cocktail party in the Hamptons back when he was first becoming prominent. These northeastern RINO men were being nagged by their wives about Rush and "the Christians" in the party and their role against abortion.

How much of this could be coming from his new wife?
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2012, 12:46:54 PM »

And the NYT is thrilled about advertisers leaving rush's show -

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/03/05/business/media/limbaugh-advertisers-flee-show-amid-storm.html?_r=2&partner=MYWAY&ei=5065

Is this sincere apology bringing them back?

He'd better hope that "Depends" will sponsor him because I think he's about ready to crap his drawers .

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2012, 03:19:43 PM »
He's not crapping his drawers, he, for all intents and purposes, told the cowardly sponsors to go fck themselves.  This ought to be a lesson in who to allow to buy advertising time, though.  Both heads of Carbonite and ProFlowers are Obama donors and should have received "no, thank you"s when they wanted to buy time in favor of companies with a vested interest in supporting conservatives.  This is one way to keep the Left from achieving infiltration and influence where it does us harm.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2012, 03:46:28 PM »
Levin needs to drop ProFlowers then. He hawks their crap all the time. And that place is an enormous ripoff.  I used them last Mother's Day with the coupon code from Levin's show.  My "$19.99" special ended up close to $60 by the time all the fees were added.  By then it was really too late to get her something else, so I ate it that once. And I think their entire business model is built around one-time customers, because there is no way in hell I will ever get anything at ProFlowers again.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly