Author Topic: The All Things Trayvon Martin/George Zimmerman Thread  (Read 72315 times)

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
Re: The All Things Trayvon Martin/George Zimmerman Thread
« Reply #420 on: May 08, 2012, 11:27:04 AM »
Getting suspended from school is something that I brought upon myself a few times, and I know for a fact that it was in spite of my parents efforts, not because of their lack of effort.

I was suspended, too.

No Skittles for me, I guess.

QUESTION TO BOTH you and IronDioPriest

When you got suspended - did your parents let you out to wander around at night during suspension?

Mine gave me extra chores around the house and I was grounded for at least 2 weeks after suspension was over.

Maybe my upbringing was slightly different than yours but wandering around at night was not a common practice for me.

Since you entirely missed the point I will attempt to spell it out for you.

The point is that all children get into trouble. It has little to do with the quality (or lack thereof) of the parent's care and upbringing of the child. It has more to do with the inborn personality of the child.

In this case, there is just not enough evidence yet to bring judgement against one or the other. We simply do not know. And we may never know.

Well, except for you.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #421 on: May 08, 2012, 11:33:40 AM »
Yeah, never learned to speak hypothetical, facts I like.  Speculation is just that, but lets label it up front as just that.  We know for sure this kid was no angel and was looking for trouble and assaulted Zimmerman, the actions of this kid should and will be discussed at trial, who his parents are doesn't matter.  Plus, why go there?  The Left likes to blame crap like environment and all the other bogeymen to absolve one of committing crimes, I make no excuses for Trayvon, his actions stand on their own.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline EW1(SG)

• Who? Me?
    • EW1's Intercept Log
« Reply #422 on: May 08, 2012, 11:33:45 AM »
As far as I'm concerned his parents f***ed up the moment they named him "Trayvon". It is my opinion that children saddled with such ridiculously conjured-up monikers are operating from a deficit from birth that has nothing to do with skin-color and everything to do with prioritizing cultural identity over the well being of ones child.

That said, there is no evidence that Martin was any more incorrigible than many teens whose parents do the best they can. Getting suspended from school is something that I brought upon myself a few times, and I know for a fact that it was in spite of my parents efforts, not because of their lack of effort.

And even some that don't.  Although I have never been a parent, in my younger years I was a leading petty officer aboard a destroyer which brought me into contact with some, uh, "youts" from South Central LA.  Some were never able to shed that background, but some were.  And while several have been generous enough to give me some credit for that, I tend to think the die had been cast by the time they came under my auspices.

I suspect Martin did a stupid thing, I think it likely he initiated a physical attack against a man carrying a weapon, and he paid the ultimate price for it.  It sounds like he might have been headed down the road to perdition anyway, but with a young man that age there have been others who made the leap to the narrow path.
My doctor told me to start killing people.  Not in those exact words, she said I had to reduce the stress in my life.

Same thing.

Offline Conservative RWNJ

• Newb
  • I can peel bananas with my toes...can you?
« Reply #423 on: May 08, 2012, 11:38:26 AM »
Getting suspended from school is something that I brought upon myself a few times, and I know for a fact that it was in spite of my parents efforts, not because of their lack of effort.

I was suspended, too.

When you got suspended - did your parents let you out to wander around at night during suspension?

Mine gave me extra chores around the house and I was grounded for at least 2 weeks after suspension was over.

Maybe my upbringing was slightly different than yours but wandering around at night was not a common practice for me.

Since you entirely missed the point I will attempt to spell it out for you.

The point is that all children get into trouble. It has little to do with the quality (or lack thereof) of the parent's care and upbringing of the child. It has more to do with the inborn personality of the child.

In this case, there is just not enough evidence yet to bring judgement against one or the other. We simply do not know. And we may never know.

Well, except for you.

I am not saying that the kid being killed was wrong nor right ...

I just said that if he had been grounded (with better parental procedures) at least through his suspension - he would have been alive the next morning.

His parents failed him with indifference.
ooga booga

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #424 on: May 08, 2012, 02:34:08 PM »
I had a friend that would be punished or grounded and it made no difference, he sneaked out the window and disappeared anyway. Aside from bars on the window(s) and the doors, he had it in his mind to got out and f*ck off. The moral of the story is nothing would make a difference, not even the Navy for this guy, he had to learn it the hard way, his way because of his screwed up personality traits.

I do see your points about the parent shipping him off to the other parent when in fact he was suspended. Either way, the parent(s) lost their perceived child (17 Y.O.) but it was never up to them, it was his choice to get into an altercation physically with an armed person.

Hopefully, the lesson learned form all this is be weary of that person you're about to attack as he(she) might be packing. The liberal left would like all to be at the mercy of the attacker while we on the right and free demand the option to look out for our own defense.  ::rockets::

Speaking of conceal carry, I spoke to a clerk at a phone store about my employee getting  mugged and she said "I feel for you, sir. I don't know what I would have done". I told her to buy a firearm and carry it to which she said "I can't carry because ^%$%& or bogus reason"
I explained to her that it was her constitutional right to protect and defend herself. Oh yeah, she is black so I'm going to assume she's been conditioned to believe that guns in defense is a bad thing. There's no reasoning with these idiots, they've been programmed.
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #425 on: May 08, 2012, 02:43:51 PM »

I cannot say that I am aware of any evidence that validates this opinion either. That is to say, I am unaware of the parents' attitude toward the son.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #426 on: May 08, 2012, 02:46:56 PM »

I was suspended, too.

Honest answer: I was grounded the entire summer between my junior and senior years. I was forced to sneak out my bedroom window if I wanted to have any fun. And I did so, often.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #427 on: May 08, 2012, 02:49:41 PM »
...I just said that if he had been grounded (with better parental procedures) at least through his suspension - he would have been alive the next morning.

I don't think the evidence exists in the public sphere for anyone to be able to draw that conclusion.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #428 on: May 08, 2012, 02:50:55 PM »
I had a friend that would be punished or grounded and it made no difference, he sneaked out the window and disappeared anyway...

LOL. I posted my comment above before reading this. Were you and I friends in youth warpmine?

- Thomas Jefferson

charlesoakwood

« Reply #429 on: May 08, 2012, 06:40:23 PM »

At an early age I developed the skill of reproducing either of my parents
signatures, it reduced the number of household problems considerably.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #430 on: May 08, 2012, 06:46:45 PM »
At an early age I developed the skill of not being caught. Think I got away with it?

God, in His wisdom, blessed me with not one but two children with the same skill. The sneakiness gene, I suppose.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #431 on: May 08, 2012, 07:25:17 PM »
I never snuck out.  Gawd, the thought of what my Father would've done when he got his mitts on me if I had ....  ::speechless::

I did get suspended for two days senior year.  It was Eileen Cook's fault.  Liz and I would skip homeroom (hide in the girls' room) so we'd be marked absent, hit the classes we needed to attend and then book to the diner.  One day, we took Eileen with us, after telling her we absolutely would not be returning that day because that's "how ya get caught".  Well, pretty soon after she started making "I really need to go back" noises, then started whining.  So, we took her back to school, encountered the VP in the parking lot and he lowered the boom.  On Liz and I.  Eileen started crying about what her mother would do to her and so she got a pass.  I could still smash her for that.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #432 on: May 08, 2012, 07:56:28 PM »
  I didn't have to sneak out I went out the front door all I wanted and POP was OK with it.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Online benb61

• Established Member
  • My 2 fast cars
« Reply #433 on: May 08, 2012, 08:09:03 PM »
I was raised by a single mother who was a steel worker and as such worked shifts.  One week 7am-3pm, next week 3pm-11pm, third week 11pm to 7am and then start over. She completely trusted me (being an honor student caused that).  At about 14 the weeks she worked 3-11 I had the biggest parties.  Always managed to clean up and get to bed before 11. When I discovered girls thought I was cute I was hell on wheels (It's a wonder I don't have more children than I do).
Eschew Obfuscation

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #434 on: May 08, 2012, 09:26:32 PM »
I had a friend that would be punished or grounded and it made no difference, he sneaked out the window and disappeared anyway...

LOL. I posted my comment above before reading this. Were you and I friends in youth warpmine?
Perhaps in a different universe. ::hysterical::

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #435 on: May 08, 2012, 09:30:48 PM »
I never snuck out.  Gawd, the thought of what my Father would've done when he got his mitts on me if I had ....  ::speechless::

I did get suspended for two days senior year.  It was Eileen Cook's fault.  Liz and I would skip homeroom (hide in the girls' room) so we'd be marked absent, hit the classes we needed to attend and then book to the diner.  One day, we took Eileen with us, after telling her we absolutely would not be returning that day because that's "how ya get caught".  Well, pretty soon after she started making "I really need to go back" noises, then started whining.  So, we took her back to school, encountered the VP in the parking lot and he lowered the boom.  On Liz and I.  Eileen started crying about what her mother would do to her and so she got a pass.  I could still smash her for that.

My father put that fear in me as well but also let slip he wasn't exactly an angel so that fear just became more of a fraternal thing. I stayed away from drugs and alcohol in my youth and that was a highlight after seeing just what it did to many.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #436 on: May 08, 2012, 09:51:48 PM »

My father put that fear in me as well but also let slip he wasn't exactly an angel so that fear just became more of a fraternal thing. I stayed away from drugs and alcohol in my youth and that was a highlight after seeing just what it did to many.

I could do whatever I wanted as long as I didn't drink or do druggs that would have killed my parents and they would have taken my life too. POP is/was cool as long as I didn't bring home problems so I did my best not to.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #437 on: May 08, 2012, 10:36:03 PM »

Drugs were out of the question until I moved out at nineteen and got my own place.  I dabbled just enough to know none o' that was meant for me.

I never had a real drink until I became legal at 18, and in Staten Island, NY.  At the time, your 18th birthday was when your NJ friends piled you in the car and went over the bridge to the Island.  I had a Singapore Sling.  It was more a rite of passage thing; my family always dropped just enough red wine in the kids' orange soda on the holidays to make it a lovely color, so it wasn't a big taboo.  Then.  Today, they'd be arrested and charged with "contributing to the delinquency of a minor".
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #438 on: May 09, 2012, 07:53:30 AM »
Y'all seem like such tame youths!  I was more than a handful growing up...parties and girls...my only two priorities...and all the trouble both got me into!   ::evil::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #439 on: May 09, 2012, 12:27:01 PM »
All this sneaking around.....defiant....but it appears none of you felt the need to rob a home....or someone. None of you felt the need to "get even" or lay a beating on someone because you, or the victim, was in the wrong place.

I'm struggling in feeling real sorrow for the parents. I'm sure they attempted to do the best they could for thier child, but if I were to conjecture blame it would be on the culture they choose to believe and live, even if reluctantly. No further proof comes from the race baiters, hanging onto the parents, pushing a racist and divisive, literal, lifestyle.

Until this black cultural thing is addressed, by blacks, we will see a few more Trayvon incidents. We will see these incidents because of the race baiters and the culture they breed. So, I struggle with sorrow toward little innocent Trayvons parents....I do feel sorrow for Zimmerman and his family. He has become a victim.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.