Author Topic: DHS purchases another 750 Million rounds, and starts redacting info  (Read 2396 times)

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
http://www.infowars.com/dhs-classifies-ammo-purchase-following-controversy/

The solicitation explains how the contract put out by the DHS to purchase the ammunition was not subject to “full and open competition,” a process justified by what the DHS claims was an “unusual and compelling urgency” to acquire the bullets, noting that there is a shortage of bullets which is threatening a situation which could cause “substantial safety issues for the government” should law enforcement officials not be adequately armed.
The Department of Homeland Security’s decision to black out sections of the document, including the number of bullets being purchased, is likely to be related to a massive controversy which has snowballed over the last few weeks pertaining to concerns as to why the federal agency has purchased well over a billion rounds of bullets over the last 6 months alone.

THEY are causing the shortage of bullets by these large orders, and the unusual and compelling urgency for over 1 BILLION rounds  is....  to keep them out our hands?  The safety issues would be the American people gunning traitors down?

Folks. Its time to get outta dodge. I don't care if it causes me all sots of problems with Michelle O, we ain't coming down outta the mountains till after Romney and Ryan are in office.  I still have some faith that they aren't part of the plan to subjugate us, but I may change my mind about that depending on what they do. . Stupid Party members, certainly. Hopefully not  Evil Party.  Of course, The Sith created the Clone army so it would be ready just when the Jedi needed it, didn't they?

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: DHS purchases another 750 Million rounds, and starts redacting info
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2012, 12:23:46 AM »
And, not coincidentally, because I don't believe in coincidences, I was reading the following just before checking in here:

Social Security Administration Explains Plan to Buy 174,000 Hollow-Point Bullets

The Social Security Administration posted a blog on Thursday to explain why it was planning to purchase 174,000 hollow point bullets.

SSA posted a "Request for Quote for Ammunition" on the FedBizOps.gov website on Aug. 7. The request listed the commodity that SSA desired as ".357 Sig 125 grain bonded jacketed hollow point pistol ammunition." The quantity listed was "174 TH."

The SSA’s Office of the Inspector General’s said it posted a new blog on the agency’s website, “Beyond the Numbers,” “as we strive to be a transparent and accountable government organization for all of our stakeholders.

“With those goals in mind, we thought it would be appropriate to address recent media reports regarding the organization’s purchase of ammunition for our special agents’ duty weapons,” the blog post states.

The blog states that the SSA has 295 special agents who work in 66 offices across the United States.

“These investigators have full law enforcement authority, including executing search warrants and making arrests,” the blog post states. “Our investigators are similar to your State or local police officers.

“They use traditional investigative techniques, and they are armed when on official duty,” the blog post states.

Concern expressed in some media reports about the type of ammunition ordered by the agency is unfounded, the blog states, explaining that the .357 Sig 125 grain bonded jacked hollow point pistol ammunition is “standard issue for many law enforcement agencies” and is appropriate for the work agents perform.

“Our special agents need to be armed and trained appropriately,” the blog post states.  “They not only investigate allegations of Social Security fraud, but they also are called to respond to threats against Social Security offices, employees, and customers.”

The blog also links to another post about a fight that broke out near an SSA office in Massachusetts that required action by law enforcement officials.

“SSA is processing more applications than ever, which means more traffic in SSA office,” the blog states. “Employee and visitor safety is the highest priority for OIG, which, together with the Federal Protective Services and local law enforcement, has jurisdiction over SSA workplaces.”

Prior to the blog being posted, CNSNews.com had asked the agency specific questions about its ammunition order. Although some of those questions were addressed by the information provided in the blog, the agency did not say why it needed 174,000 bullets and if that quantity was customary or had increased from previous orders.

Word got out, and more importantly, people are asking questions, which explains the "new and improved" blog post.

Why are armed Social Security Enforcement called to deal with what local police are already tasked with?  I'm not buying a word of their "explanations", none of them.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2012, 07:30:08 AM »
At least we know how they are armed. Know the limitations of your possible enemy.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2012, 08:04:10 AM »
I don't care if it causes me all sots of problems with Michelle O, we ain't coming down outta the mountains till after Romney and Ryan are in office.

Although I feel safer with O out of office, I wonder if my feelings are justified.
NDAA, Patriot Act and a whole bunch of wonderful things came from "our side"

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2012, 08:46:32 AM »
Although I feel safer with O out of office, I wonder if my feelings are justified.
NDAA, Patriot Act and a whole bunch of wonderful things came from "our side"

We have representation for "our side" in Washington?  Since when?
The basic Star Wars scenario applies.  Encourage our enemies to fight us, help them to do so, and then use the hysteria to push for more power.
Build an army in secret so Romney feels he needs to use it when the catastrophe they have planned comes to fruition. Romney may or may not be part of it. If he doesn't use it, the sheep demand "we must do something!"  and vote Romney out, and the new guys uses it.  That is exactly how Hitler got elected: promises to control and stabilize a  chaotic environment that he had fostered. When things get bad enough the adult children panic and figure an abusive parent is better than no parent at all. The most frightening thing in the world to a liberal is freedom and responsibility.  That is why expecting blacks to live on their own is seen as a type of slavery. They can only survive in a tribe, and they will do and accept anything to have that tribal leader "taking care" of them.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2012, 12:09:56 PM »
Not sure I get the Star Wars anology, but if the central point is conditioning people to act in an expected fashion it has always been the hallmark of communist and fascist ideologues, and the conditioning is more severe once they obtain and consolidate power.  I think there is still enough uniqueness in America to make this transition very problematic, but not impossible.  Right now it appears there are much more weak-minded fools to the left of center, politically speaking.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2012, 02:15:12 PM »
Not sure I get the Star Wars anology, but if the central point is conditioning people to act in an expected fashion it has always been the hallmark of communist and fascist ideologues, and the conditioning is more severe once they obtain and consolidate power.  I think there is still enough uniqueness in America to make this transition very problematic, but not impossible.  Right now it appears there are much more weak-minded fools to the left of center, politically speaking.

The Star Wars analogy is based on the rough politics in I-III (and if you haven't seen them, don't)  The Evil powers manipulated the "good" (but complacent and stupid ) Jedi into undoing the republic they swore to protect - through a false flag "crisis" and giving them a weapon to hand that the people ( The Senate) demanded they use to "protect them"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2012, 02:29:22 PM »

The Star Wars analogy is based on the rough politics in I-III (and if you haven't seen them, don't)  The Evil powers manipulated the "good" (but complacent and stupid ) Jedi into undoing the republic they swore to protect - through a false flag "crisis" and giving them a weapon to hand that the people ( The Senate) demanded they use to "protect them"

Oh, Jedi, duh, I was thinking Reagan and Star Wars and Soviet Union and thinking "huh?".  I gotchya now.  My Cold War flashbacks got the better of me...

Yes, all that remains is Order 66...but that could be all Agenda 21 is all about too, so, the wheels are turning...

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2012, 03:37:27 PM »
Though the Star Wars prequels were nowhere near as good as the original trilogy, the political intrigue in the waning days of the Republic are interesting. The real "take home" lesson is that radical reorganization of a society doesn't require radical new organs of the state to be invented from whole cloth. Existing organs of the state are subtly manipulated and changed in such a way that they become the new regime's enforcement arm without even realizing it.

The two main ingredients of a successful coup are banality and plausible deniability. Banality, i.e. hiding intent among all the other alphabet soup of boring government agencies; and plausible deniability, i.e. a reasonable sounding explanation that most will accept, and if you don't accept it well that's because you're just a bit too paranoid aren't you?

I keep thinking back to Obama's proclamation that we need a civil security force that rivals the military in its funding and mission. Why endure the controversy of trying to create such a force when you can just prepare existing agencies into becoming that force, de facto. The agencies themselves may not even realize that's what they are becoming.

Going back to the Star Wars example, Order 66 was the final trigger of that Republic's transformation to dictatorship. The order was hidden in plain sight, just one of hundreds of contingency orders, each of them bearing the plausible deniability of "yeah we know this is so unlikely it sounds ridiculous, but we're just trying to brainstorm for the most bizarre possibilities".

Also look at the July 20 plot against Hitler.  It was attempting to use the Third Reich's own "Valkyrie" contingency plan as a vehicle to round up and arrest the leading Nazis, using their very own state organs against them. It might have worked if not for a heavy oak table leg between Hitler and the bomb.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline BigAlSouth

• Established Member
  • Who won't 'co-exist?'
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2012, 05:46:46 AM »
The blog states that the SSA has 295 special agents who work in 66 offices across the United States.

So. Each agent needs 580 rounds of ammo?
The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living
are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.
--------------
The enemy of my enemy is my friend; the friend of my enemy is, well, he is just a dumbass.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2012, 09:09:03 AM »

That's not much. Doing some training and target pratice, a person can burn that up pretty quick. So I've heard.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2012, 10:33:27 AM »

That's not much. Doing some training and target pratice, a person can burn that up pretty quick. So I've heard.

Its probably the right ammount of ammo for training-- though usually for training you buy cheaper stuff, and not the "I am actually going on duty and might need to use it for real" more expensive ammo. Of course, different ammo will shoot differently, and if its on the taxpayer dime, why not?

What is more concerning here is that the SSA has enforcement agents.  Its seems like there should be one and only one  agency tasked with the investiagtion and prosecturion of federal crimes - and that agency should be independant of the politics and goals of the regulators who make and oversee those laws.  Otherwise, these forces become personal bullies of those in charge.

Is the standard obfuscation practice of doing the same thing in multiple places-- because thn its harder to stop you from doing it.  the U.S. OFrest service is becoming more heavily armed, and  Dept. of Education has its own SWAT for delinquent loans? (Because no knock raids are required if you don't pay your bills- You are obviously  a violent criminal!)

Every little petty regulator obviously wants to control his own police force. 

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2012, 04:23:55 PM »
Its probably the right ammount of ammo for training-- though usually for training you buy cheaper stuff,  

You've obviously mistaken government for logic.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2012, 06:24:02 PM »
Its probably the right ammount of ammo for training-- though usually for training you buy cheaper stuff,  

You've obviously mistaken government for logic.

Yeah, and the asshats are still pushing the "training" meme!

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/08/17/agencies-tamp-down-speculation-over-hollow-point-ammo-purchases/

Load of sh*t!  I can see regular line LEO outfits using some HP's for training, but the bulk would still be cheaper FMJ, they are making zero sense and doubling down on it thinking people are too clueless to know or care any better!

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2012, 06:18:46 PM »
When 750m rounds isn't enough...they buy another 200m of .223, 176k of .308 HPBTs...

http://www.infowars.com/dhs-purchases-200-million-more-rounds-of-ammunition/

They 'spectin' sumthin', I reckon we ought to 'spect sumthin' too.

(I have a $1200 order for my clan in the works)

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2012, 06:48:31 PM »
9 and the ol' 54R seem safe.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2012, 07:37:50 PM »
The take home lesson here is: own yourself some rifles chambered in .223 and .308.

- Yours Truly

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2012, 07:42:22 PM »
The take home lesson here is: own yourself some rifles chambered in .223 and .308.

Because ammo on the hoof is the best kind ;-)

Online benb61

• Established Member
  • My 2 fast cars
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2012, 07:42:36 PM »
So that begs the question, what is the most common (easy to find lying around after TEOTWAWKI) caliber?
Eschew Obfuscation

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2012, 07:45:22 PM »
The ubiquitous .22 would be my guess. The most common centerfire would probably be .223/5.56 in rifles and 9mm in pistols.

- Yours Truly