Author Topic: Todd Akin, MO's R Senate candidate, opens mouth inserts foot  (Read 13570 times)

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
Re: Todd Akin, MO's R Senate candidate, opens mouth inserts foot
« Reply #140 on: August 25, 2012, 12:04:50 PM »

Another kicker is, even if he bows out, it will not be a choice between
the other two candidates it will go into some form of convolution con-
trolled by the GOP and Karl Rove,  according to the radio.

::outrage::
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #141 on: August 26, 2012, 01:11:35 PM »
Its all moot, Akin is all-in and control of the Senate is in doubt and once again we are screwed and nobody will be held accountable and time is running extremely short...we all lose no matter what.

We should have more faith in ourselves than in others and plan accordingly.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #142 on: August 26, 2012, 02:04:36 PM »
Conservatives everywhere were playing close attention to the political biosphere planning for the time when we could wrangle away the reigns of of the horses heading off the cliff all the while Republicans like Rove and his ilk were playing footsie with the DemonRats behind the curtain. I now hate the Whig  er Republican party.
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #143 on: August 26, 2012, 02:13:08 PM »
Perhaps Huckaboob's role in encouraging Akin to stay in the race is just another grenade tossed in Romney's general direction, a la his staying in the 2008 primary long enough to give McCain the edge over Romney.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #144 on: August 26, 2012, 03:09:44 PM »
Perhaps Huckaboob's role in encouraging Akin to stay in the race is just another grenade tossed in Romney's general direction, a la his staying in the 2008 primary long enough to give McCain the edge over Romney.

A suspicion I happen to share,but the question is why.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline ChrstnHsbndFthr

• Established Member
    • Affordable Bail Bonds of NC, LLC
« Reply #145 on: August 26, 2012, 04:38:57 PM »
I suspect that Huckabee is actually pro-life.
“My mission today is to go forth and tell people about why I follow Christ and also what the Bible teaches, and part of that teaching is that women and men are meant to be together.

“However, I would never treat anyone with disrespect just because they are different from me. We are all created by the Almighty and like Him, I love all of humanity. We would all be better off if we loved God and loved each other.”
Phil Robertson an elder in the church of Christ

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #146 on: August 26, 2012, 07:51:02 PM »
True, but he's pro other things that make my skin crawl.  But the point being he supports Akin I think not so much against Romney, he wants Romney to win if for no other reason than to get the POSOTUS out.  I'd like to hear Huck explain in detail what Akin can do to win, I have yet to hear that.  Getting the GOP to change tune is not going to happen, so what can he do?  Has the Tea Party disavowed him too, what are MO Tea Party operatives saying?

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #147 on: August 26, 2012, 09:14:49 PM »
The following statements are my opinions and theories:

Huckabee does not like Romney for one reason and one reason only. Mormonism. Huckabee is a conservative Christian and sees mormonism (correctly, I might add) as heresy. Huckabee does not trust a mormon as the leader of this country. Huckabee believes that a Romney administration will be packed with other mormons and sees this as a big problem. Huckabee torpedoed Romney's 2008 primary run for this reason and this reason alone. Nothing else explains his behavior in 2008.

That said, I do not believe that Huckabee is supporting Akin for the purpose of yet again torpedoing Romney. I think that Huckabee saw himself (correctly) as largely unable to prevent Romney from gaining the nomination this time around and has therefore dropped his opposition. I think Huckabee's support of Akin is rooted in his Christian faith, his pro-life principles and Huckabee's self identification as some kind of a power broker for conservative Christian voters and it is nothing more complicated than that.

Here is a quote from the Huckabee wikipedia page:

Huckabee has stated, "Politics are totally directed by worldview. That's why when people say, 'We ought to separate politics from religion,' I say to separate the two is absolutely impossible".

You may, of course, draw your own conclusions. These are mine.

EDIT:

Politico has an in-depth report about the conference call Friday afternoon between former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee and "hundreds of Southern Baptists" in which he invoked Old Testament imagery to explain the task facing Republican U.S. Rep. Todd Akin and his supporters.

In the call, he railed against the pressure being brought to bear on Akin to quit Missouri's U.S. Senate race and compared Republican establishment to "union goons" in their treatment of vendors and consultants. Huckabee said he was personally pressured after his decision to support Akin and his decision to stay in the race against Democratic incumbent U.S. Sen. Claire McCaskill.

The issue was portrayed as a test of faith when Huckabee said this, Politico reported:

"'This could be a Mount Carmel moment,' said the former Arkansas governor, referring to the holy battle between Elijah and the prophets of Baal in the book of Kings. 'You know, you bring your gods. We’ll bring ours. We’ll see whose God answers the prayers and brings fire from heaven. That’s kind of where I’m praying: that there will be fire from heaven, and we’ll see it clearly, and everyone else will to.'"

LINK

May God prove him correct. But...God has also taken down other prominent people who use His name to demagogue and promote their own agendas.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2012, 10:15:08 PM by trapeze »
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #148 on: August 27, 2012, 03:20:12 AM »
Happy, happy, joy, joy...America's favorite lovable and semi-talented amateur whore has just weighed in on the whole Todd Akin thing...

Rocker Ringo Starr is all about "peace and love."

Cher, by stark comparison, lives to Tweet hateful messages to her social media minions.

The singer's latest Twitter assault targets Rep. Todd Akin, the embattled Republican behind the dense and dumb "Legitimate Rape" sound bite.

Cher isn't alone in bashing Akin for his comments. Conservatives have been blasting him along with the Left. What sets Cher apart is the vitriol she uses in doing so.

"Kama train 4 himRT@Fuppapeh let Aiken get raped by man with HIV/AIDS. Nothing will happen, right? Body shuts down as defense mechanism Idiots"

Yeah, yeah, yeah and let Cher get gang raped by several grizzly bears. If you could find a way to force the bears to do it. What a cheap slut.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #149 on: August 27, 2012, 06:53:29 AM »
I think I'm on the same page as you regarding the Huckster.

Holy War...yeah , that'll go over well.   ::)

As far as Cher goes...I thought she was dead...or cryogenically frozen...same diff...

I'd tell her to kiss my ass but I'm affraid of where those lips have been...

::puke::

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #150 on: August 27, 2012, 08:36:00 AM »
She is a stupid half breed.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #151 on: August 27, 2012, 10:28:35 AM »
She seems to be of the "open mouth and remove all doubt" school of fools and is compelled to allow this to happen as frequently as possible. I mean, there are some lib fools who subscribe to the broken clock principle and occasionally get something right by accident.

Not Cher.

If there is anyway to be on the wrong side of any issue and look incredibly stupid doing it you will usually find Cher leading the charge at the top of her lungs. She is a moron of uncommon talent. Most people find a way to become less foolish as they age but Cher is the exception that proves the rule. Her stupidity seems to drive everyone away from her...she can't have any kind of a relationship last for more than a few short years...she seems to have even driven her daughter crazy. No, there is a certain kind of stupid here that seems to have a life of its own. She should be put in a cage and studied.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #152 on: August 27, 2012, 11:44:08 AM »
She seems to be of the "open mouth and remove all doubt" school of fools and is compelled to allow this to happen as frequently as possible. I mean, there are some lib fools who subscribe to the broken clock principle and occasionally get something right by accident.

Not Cher.

If there is anyway to be on the wrong side of any issue and look incredibly stupid doing it you will usually find Cher leading the charge at the top of her lungs. She is a moron of uncommon talent. Most people find a way to become less foolish as they age but Cher is the exception that proves the rule. Her stupidity seems to drive everyone away from her...she can't have any kind of a relationship last for more than a few short years...she seems to have even driven her daughter crazy. No, there is a certain kind of stupid here that seems to have a life of its own. She should be put in a cage and studied tossed into the nearest river.

FIFY?   ;D

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #153 on: August 27, 2012, 01:30:11 PM »

Not Cher.

If there is anyway to be on the wrong side of any issue and look incredibly stupid doing it you will usually find Cher leading the charge at the top of her lungs. She is a moron of uncommon talent. Most people find a way to become less foolish as they age but Cher is the exception that proves the rule. Her stupidity seems to drive everyone away from her...she can't have any kind of a relationship last for more than a few short years...she seems to have even driven her daughter crazy. No, there is a certain kind of stupid here that seems to have a life of its own. She should be put in a cage and studied.

I don't remember why or the venue, but Cher called a local talk show once, defending a womans right to choose. I remember the local guy at the time ( Phil Valentine) chewed her up pretty good. I'll see if I can find the clip, but if my memory is correct he simply asked her if she supports a womans right to choose what she does wiith her body...and Cher said yes.....So he asked Cher if she supported prostitution also. Best I can remember it went downhill for Cher.

charlesoakwood

Offline radioman

• A Regular
« Reply #155 on: August 27, 2012, 05:15:02 PM »

TPOS, KARL ROVE, PREDICTS HISTORIC LOSS FOR TODD AKIN...

I forgot, why is it that the Reublican party thinks that it is to their advantage to keep piling on Todd? This is what they did to Christine O'Donnell.

I really don't know why I vote with the republican party anymore. I give them an F- for their performance in this important election year.

TGIF - "Thank God I'm Forgiven"

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #156 on: August 27, 2012, 05:57:33 PM »

I forgot, why is it that the Reublican party thinks that it is to their advantage to keep piling on Todd? This is what they did to Christine O'Donnell.

I really don't know why I vote with the republican party anymore. I give them an F- for their performance in this important election year.

tell me...And then rove hides behind the " hey, I'm a commentator now" bullspit to cover his butt.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #157 on: August 27, 2012, 06:41:05 PM »

tell me...And then rove hides behind the " hey, I'm a commentator now" bullspit to cover his butt.

I look forward to the day that I don't have to hear his name again.(Rove)
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #158 on: August 27, 2012, 07:44:23 PM »

Not Cher.

I don't remember why or the venue, but Cher called a local talk show once, defending a womans right to choose. I remember the local guy at the time ( Phil Valentine) chewed her up pretty good. I'll see if I can find the clip, but if my memory is correct he simply asked her if she supports a womans right to choose what she does wiith her body...and Cher said yes.....So he asked Cher if she supported prostitution also. Best I can remember it went downhill for Cher.

I remember that too, I thought there was either a clip or a transcript of that exchange, can't recall which.  I'm leaning toward the transcript as I think it also made many e-mail chains.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #159 on: August 27, 2012, 07:47:24 PM »

I look forward to the day that I don't have to hear his name again.(Rove)

This is the ilk running the GOP, they are who we know they are.  And it is why I can get so down on politics and peaceful resolutions to our problems, everything people are doing is counter to peaceful resolution, it's all a big game of screw the other guy, and the people doing it think they will not suffer any consequences for it.  They may be right in the short term, but in the long term they are slitting their own throats and I am as indifferent to their fate as they are to us now.