Author Topic: Libertas' All Things 2012 RNC Convention Thread  (Read 13719 times)

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
Re: Libertas' All Things 2012 RNC Convention Thread
« Reply #140 on: August 30, 2012, 10:18:48 AM »
I loved Ryan's speech as much as I loved Palin's in 08. But no media stooges will be able to knock Paul Ryan around like they did Palin. They don't have a prayer of destroying him personally.

Let's see them call him a c*nt, or suggest his children are f**king baseball players, or "trick" him into looking like he doesn't know how to read.

Not a chance.

If this guy keeps his nose clean and the Romney administration has some success, he could be president someday.

He was really good last night.  I thought he came across as if he was talking to people as individuals and not telling us what he thought we wanted to hear. I had the impression he didn't say anything he hadn't said before (mostly).  Not like BO who stutters every time to give his brain time enough to formulate a lie.

One of the talking heads on Rush radio  down here suspects that Beck will be the mystery speaker!

why because Beck's Mormon?

I don't think it's Beck.  This convention is crafted to give the undecideds, independents and some dems something to think about in terms of real choices for the future. Having Beck would blow that because it would be about crazy Glenn Beck.
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #141 on: August 30, 2012, 10:21:31 AM »
They picked us in a cynical political calculation, and now it's as though they just realized NC is actually a rather conservative state. So, naturally, the problem is that we're just a bunch of hayseeds, cultural philistines, and of course homophobic bigots.

You forgot to mention it's also a right to work state.

Indeed. That really has them pissed off.  As though it was a well-hidden secret until just now.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Online benb61

• Established Member
  • My 2 fast cars
« Reply #142 on: August 30, 2012, 10:55:49 AM »
If I owned the venue the DNC is to be held at, I would tell them the day before that I have cancelled their scheduled event for some much needed renovation.  And be sure the place was filled with non-union contractors "getting to work".  What would they do then?
Eschew Obfuscation

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #143 on: August 30, 2012, 11:27:20 AM »
I loved Ryan's speech as much as I loved Palin's in 08. But no media stooges will be able to knock Paul Ryan around like they did Palin. They don't have a prayer of destroying him personally.

Let's see them call him a c*nt, or suggest his children are f**king baseball players, or "trick" him into looking like he doesn't know how to read.

Not a chance.

If this guy keeps his nose clean and the Romney administration has some success, he could be president someday.

He was really good last night.  I thought he came across as if he was talking to people as individuals and not telling us what he thought we wanted to hear. I had the impression he didn't say anything he hadn't said before (mostly).  Not like BO who stutters every time to give his brain time enough to formulate a lie.

One of the talking heads on Rush radio  down here suspects that Beck will be the mystery speaker!

I don't think it's Beck.  This convention is crafted to give the undecideds, independents and some dems something to think about in terms of real choices for the future. Having Beck would blow that because it would be about crazy Glenn Beck.

It's pure speculation on his part.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #144 on: August 30, 2012, 11:32:22 AM »
College graduates should not have to live out their 20s in
their childhood bedrooms, staring up at fading Obama posters and
wondering when they can move out and get going with life.
   (LEG TINGLE)

::USA::

That is one heck of quote!

::thumbsup::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #145 on: August 30, 2012, 11:44:19 AM »

Not a chance.

It's pure speculation on his part.

Chatter still says Clint.

http://www.deadline.com/2012/08/clint-eastwood-to-speak-at-republican-convention-on-thursday-report/

But get a load of these comments here!

http://washingtonexaminer.com/will-we-see-a-reagan-hologram-or-not/article/2506390

"#RNCmystery speaker will be the Kenyan doctor who delivered Obama."

::hysterical::

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #146 on: August 30, 2012, 11:45:40 AM »
   (LEG TINGLE)

My adult daughters living at home thought it was great  (but they don't have Obama posters fading or otherwise...)

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #147 on: August 30, 2012, 02:36:20 PM »
   (LEG TINGLE)

My adult daughters living at home thought it was great  (but they don't have Obama posters fading or otherwise...)

God Bless them!   ::thumbsup::

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #148 on: August 30, 2012, 08:36:05 PM »
Good evening everyone...

Live blogging this as best I can. My son has been home on leave from Afghanistan and he goes back tonight. I would like to spend as much time with him as possible but I suspect he is going to hang out with his friends for the last few hours. So, I am disappointed but I do get to watch a little more of the convention and write about it here instead. Small consolation, I know.

Hoping that this is a thoroughly "kick O'Bongo's ass" night.

I am looking forward to the final two hours.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #149 on: August 30, 2012, 08:43:44 PM »
Someone was pretty clever getting all of the Olympians on stage to sing Mitt's praises via the 2002 Olympics.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #150 on: August 30, 2012, 08:47:20 PM »
All of this "praise Mitt" stuff is good and all but I am ready for another dose of O'Bongo bashing.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #151 on: August 30, 2012, 08:55:21 PM »
I sure am glad that I'm watching this on cspan. I have clicked over to FNC and yes, even msnbc and I just couldn't stand to see the convention that way with commentators talking over darned near everything. I don't care to allow those people to decide what is and isn't important for me to see and hear.

cspan is the closest thing to being there and experiencing all of it.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #152 on: August 30, 2012, 09:02:34 PM »
Was Eastwood speaking tonight?  Did he already?
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #153 on: August 30, 2012, 09:04:12 PM »
Clint on stage.

Crowd goes nuts.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #154 on: August 30, 2012, 09:05:54 PM »
Woohoo.  I didn't want to miss this.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online benb61

• Established Member
  • My 2 fast cars
« Reply #155 on: August 30, 2012, 09:06:12 PM »

Right now!!!
Eschew Obfuscation

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #156 on: August 30, 2012, 09:07:24 PM »

Right now!!!

On it!  Thanks.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #157 on: August 30, 2012, 09:08:36 PM »
This is funny as hell.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #158 on: August 30, 2012, 09:13:31 PM »
This is the kind of conservative red meat that this convention has been mostly lacking.

He is killing the Democrats and O'Bongo with ridicule.

Out-frickin'-standing.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #159 on: August 30, 2012, 09:16:02 PM »
"Tell Mitt what?"

"I can't tell him that."

Loved it.

Rubio up.