Author Topic: The All Things 2012 DNC Convention Thread  (Read 21573 times)

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
Re: The All Things 2012 DNC Convention Thread
« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2012, 10:05:10 PM »
I don't know how in the heck I am supposed to blog this convention. There I was, minding my own business, listening to the First Wookie drone on and on about how President Lightbringer is more divine than the son of God and what should happen? mrs. trapeze said that if I didn't turn it off or turn the sound all the way down she was going to blow beats and I would have to clean it up.

So I guess I'm screwed as far as doing a play-by-play. I have been watching it with the sound down and all I can say is that the delegates to this thing are a veritable freak show. If you go by the tags and buttons and stuff that they paste all over themselves then clearly half of them are LGBT types and enviro-whackos. Which means that the rest of them are union thugs. So yeah, this is what America looks like to these people...completely dysfunctional and retarded.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2012, 10:11:31 PM »
Ironic the next big lib star is named Castro. What are the odds.

I stopped off to visit my mom and she had the idiot box on. We were 'sposing who might be the dhimmi's "mystery speaker" and my guess was Fidel. Guess I was close...  :o

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2012, 10:12:43 PM »
Ironic the next big lib star is named Castro. What are the odds.

I stopped off to visit my mom and she had the idiot box on. We were 'sposing who might be the dhimmi's "mystery speaker" and my guess was Fidel. Guess I was close...  :o

...but that's only because Joseph Stalin isn't available.

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2012, 10:13:09 PM »
Someone else will have to count the lies she told......I lost count in the first ten minutes. The "there is no us and them" line seemed to set my wife into a frothing rage......

My take: she was selling snake oil. She felt the need to sell Barack, extreme makeover. All of the accomplishments and accolades spewing out of her mouth were govt related. She did not touch on the private sector one time, except to tell the private sector to quit shutting the door once we walked thru.

The Afro sheen on her legs and arms was distracting.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #24 on: September 04, 2012, 10:13:59 PM »
Brit Hume characterizes the speeches as a "destitution derby" where each speaker tries to outdo the previous speaker in explaining how horrible and miserable BO's life was as a child.

I'm not sure what that is supposed to do to the voter's opinion of BO.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #25 on: September 04, 2012, 10:17:34 PM »
Someone else will have to count the lies she told......I lost count in the first ten minutes. The "there is no us and them" line seemed to set my wife into a frothing rage......

My take: she was selling snake oil. She felt the need to sell Barack, extreme makeover. All of the accomplishments and accolades spewing out of her mouth were govt related. She did not touch on the private sector one time, except to tell the private sector to quit shutting the door once we walked thru.

The Afro sheen on her legs and arms was distracting.

Well, with your wife frothing too, and trap's wife threatening beet-blowing, y'all are not alone in your disgust.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #26 on: September 04, 2012, 10:23:20 PM »
So the FNC panel's overall impression of the convention was that "it was off to a good start." I'm not sure what that means.

Does it mean that all of the delegates (as I said above, a veritable freak show) were happy? I'm certain they were happy. This is the one time every four years when they can get together with like minded people and pretend that they are somehow normal.

I can't believe that it means that average Americans were happy with it. I'm an average American and I can't stand this crapfest.

So, who knows?

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #27 on: September 04, 2012, 10:24:52 PM »
Krauthammer says it was a great speech (Chewbaca's) but he thought it was total bullsh*t from the standpoint of truth and content.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #28 on: September 04, 2012, 10:37:28 PM »
Krauthammer says it was a great speech (Chewbaca's) but he thought it was total bullsh*t from the standpoint of truth and content.

Okay, so she did a great acting job, i.e. "great speech", but with no truth or content.  What about that is great?
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #29 on: September 04, 2012, 10:38:21 PM »
So the FNC panel's overall impression of the convention was that "it was off to a good start." I'm not sure what that means.

Does it mean that all of the delegates (as I said above, a veritable freak show) were happy? I'm certain they were happy. This is the one time every four years when they can get together with like minded people and pretend that they are somehow normal.

I can't believe that it means that average Americans were happy with it. I'm an average American and I can't stand this crapfest.

So, who knows?

Now the delegates can slink to their rooms, get dressed in their best leather and straps and be themselves. Fox was being kind. A well delivered bizarro speech. Well disguised as a govt love in. I find it unbelievable Barack could find the time to do all these great things, before and after marriage, and also lead the choom gang. He must be quite a fella.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #30 on: September 04, 2012, 10:43:41 PM »

Means plenty of fodder with which the talking heads
may entertain the viewers.  That's entertainment.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #31 on: September 04, 2012, 10:52:52 PM »

Means plenty of fodder with which the talking heads
may entertain the viewers.  That's entertainment.

More fake reality .......

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #32 on: September 04, 2012, 10:56:55 PM »
I'm finding it difficult to stop belittling this weirdo group of single issue misfits. This is either the most bizarre convention in recent memory or an elaborate, brilliant plan to give the pubbies so much ammo that we become so brutal their is a sympathy bounce.

I don't know which. Maybe the best response is no response at all. The circus is in town.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #33 on: September 04, 2012, 11:03:07 PM »

After they've thrown the election this convention
will be the history of what we are.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #34 on: September 04, 2012, 11:09:25 PM »

After they've thrown the election this convention
will be the history of what we are.

Who "thrown the election"?

charlesoakwood

« Reply #35 on: September 04, 2012, 11:15:30 PM »

"They",  "Them";  Those who put him there in the first place.
This is their big kahuna, they're invested, they've worked all
their lives for this moment in time, this is their last chance.
They are not going to throw in the towel and walk away.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #36 on: September 04, 2012, 11:20:07 PM »
At least when it's over most of you can just have a good laugh about the Star Wars cantina scene. Actually being in my town, however, I will have to contend with the residual stench for who knows how long. It will probably require the ground to be salted and burned, followed by an exorcism.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #37 on: September 04, 2012, 11:31:10 PM »
At least when it's over most of you can just have a good laugh about the Star Wars cantina scene. Actually being in my town, however, I will have to contend with the residual stench for who knows how long. It will probably require the ground to be salted and burned, followed by an exorcism.

Rush has been saying that about the Dems for a long time, that they're the bar scene from Star Wars.  What do the Code Pinkers walking around in vagina costumes look like to you, if not an alien species.

So, if the healing prescription is to salt, burn and exorcise, git 'er done.  I got lotsa fire starters here.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #38 on: September 05, 2012, 06:56:17 AM »

Heh, I don't blame ya, the whole town will need a cleansing several times over!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #39 on: September 05, 2012, 07:03:24 AM »
Just reviewed the morning blurbs...

The DNC freak show is off to a roaring start...CC mentioned the removal of God from the platform (like there is room for the Almighty with Duh Wun headlining this loony bunch!), now we can add pissing on Israel some more, anytime/all the time abortion on demand, and the First Wookie begging more time for poor Lil' Barack to finish his destruction of America...

http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2012/09/04/obama-attacked-over-party-platform-on-jerusalem/

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/democratic-platform-endorses-taxpayer-funded-abortions_651589.html

http://news.yahoo.com/first-lady-says-husband-man-trust-024143640--election.html

And Duh Wun is cratering even in libiot registered voter polls going into this disaster...

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2012/09/obamas-popularity-dips-underwater-for-romney-a-faint-favorability-bounce/

And I'm sure this freak show will help bury them deeper...

What's the over/under on SCoaMF's use of "I", "Me", "Let me be clear", "The fact of the matter is", "Government" and "Umm...ahhh" and all manner of brain-farting, stuttering and stammering?
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.