Author Topic: Is Anna Wintour pressuring designers to steer clear of Ann Romney?  (Read 2222 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Designers, stylists and fashion industry publicists routinely clamor to outfit First Lady Michelle Obama, with press releases flying out the door any time she sports a certain brand. Fashion publications praise her designer selections and several books have been published that are solely devoted to analyzing her style and taste.

However, the fashion world has remained particularly quiet on the Ann Romney fashion front, with many questioning whether or not outspoken Obama supporter Anna Wintour is keeping stylists and designers away, silently threatening their standing should they endeavor to promote their outfitting of the wife of a Republican presidential hopeful.

That's for background; here's what I found mind-boggling:

“It is just that Michelle brings such a unique, vibrant and youthful style and the average woman can see herself wearing many of her outfits, so designers want everyone to know that she is wearing their clothes,” explained entertainment/lifestyle commentator Valerie Greenberg.

... “It does not appear that Ann Romney is being snubbed by the fashion industry, but designers do seem to be employing a bit of caution in their approach of her. Perhaps it is due to the fact that we have yet to get a comprehensive glimpse into Mrs. Romney’s fashion personality, or that designers are skittish not about how she will appear in their clothes, but more importantly how she will style and accessorize them.”

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2012/10/23/is-anna-wintour-pressuring-designers-to-steer-clear-ann-romney/#ixzz2AA8tskWj

::)    Are you kiddin' me?!

"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

charlesoakwood

Re: Is Anna Wintour pressuring designers to steer clear of Ann Romney?
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2012, 05:57:41 PM »

She's too much a lady so I'll say it for her, KMA you silly faggots.

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2012, 06:11:18 PM »
I see that (or pretty much any) picture of the wookie and I get to thinkin, "You know - Eleanor Roosevelt wasn't that bad lookin"

::speechless::

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2012, 08:53:31 PM »
Designers, stylists and fashion industry publicists routinely clamor to outfit First Lady Michelle Obama, with press releases flying out the door any time she sports a certain brand. Fashion publications praise her designer selections and several books have been published that are solely devoted to analyzing her style and taste.

However, the fashion world has remained particularly quiet on the Ann Romney fashion front, with many questioning whether or not outspoken Obama supporter Anna Wintour is keeping stylists and designers away, silently threatening their standing should they endeavor to promote their outfitting of the wife of a Republican presidential hopeful.

That's for background; here's what I found mind-boggling:

“It is just that Michelle brings such a unique, vibrant and youthful style and the average woman can see herself wearing many of her outfits, so designers want everyone to know that she is wearing their clothes,” explained entertainment/lifestyle commentator Valerie Greenberg.

... “It does not appear that Ann Romney is being snubbed by the fashion industry, but designers do seem to be employing a bit of caution in their approach of her. Perhaps it is due to the fact that we have yet to get a comprehensive glimpse into Mrs. Romney’s fashion personality, or that designers are skittish not about how she will appear in their clothes, but more importantly how she will style and accessorize them.”

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2012/10/23/is-anna-wintour-pressuring-designers-to-steer-clear-ann-romney/#ixzz2AA8tskWj

::)    Are you kiddin' me?!

A little moochelle searching will find that belt in her ensemble a few times.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2012, 09:37:29 PM »
 Ann Romney would look good in curlers and bearclaw slippers. Moochele on the other hand...............needs a good looking stand in.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2012, 09:53:18 PM »

Then they have no taste either.
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2012, 09:56:36 PM »

Then they have no taste either.

Or they might and it's just all in their mouths.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

charlesoakwood

« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2012, 10:22:39 PM »

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2012, 04:49:25 AM »
It never helped the first Wookie either. Still looked like a funky gift wrapped dog sh*t. For the rest of my life I'll never understand what those people in the industry are thinking as far as design goes. Ann Romney certainly doesn't need any wrapping to improve herself like the F-Wookie. Furthermore, I'd like to say that my mother brought back from Jamaica a couple of coconut ceremonial masks that wee easier to stomach than that face of the first Wookie.   ::puke::
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2012, 07:33:31 AM »
Anna must be legally blind...

::hysterical::   ::rolllaughing::   ::laughonfloor::

Don't worry Ann, you'll be outclassing all the libiots soon, and the White House will have some style again soon enough.  Let Anna and her ilk promote all the Wookie wraps they want!   ;D
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2012, 07:58:44 AM »
I would think that a badge of honor, having nothing to do with that kind of garbage.

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2012, 12:37:29 PM »
Mrs. Stymie has to get a zoning varience from the District of Columbia every time she wants to walk her wideass down Pennsylvania Ave.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2012, 07:40:50 AM »
Is that what I saw with the ropes hanging off the sides?  Sure looked like a lousy parade float to me...   ::puke::

Offline robins111

« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2012, 09:30:40 AM »
I'd be proud of the fact that the scabby old hag didn't like me if I was.Mitt

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2012, 09:46:37 AM »
The idea that designers are dying to drape their clothing on Michelle Obama because she is a beautiful woman is laughable.

This society has a well-established parameter for what constitutes beauty, and she aint it. They all know she aint it.

What's going on here is that she's a) the First Lady, b) Leftist elite, and c) Black.

Therefore they can all fawn over her beauty secure in the knowledge that in their little circle-jerk world, their pretense will not dare be challenged.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2012, 09:50:17 AM »
The "fashionistas" are crazy people.

This ....

... vs this .....

.... noam sain?

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2012, 10:21:18 AM »
This society has a well-established parameter for what constitutes beauty, and she aint it. They all know she aint it.

I've seen quite a few of her constituents dress just like her in my minor metropolis.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2012, 10:40:50 AM »
The idea that designers are dying to drape their clothing on Michelle Obama because she is a beautiful woman is laughable.

What's going on here is that she's a) the First Lady, b) Leftist elite, and c) Black.

Therefore they can all fawn over her beauty secure in the knowledge that in their little circle-jerk world, their pretense will not dare be challenged.

maybe they see it as charity work...
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

CatholicCrusader

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2012, 12:16:22 PM »

I've seen quite a few of her constituents dress just like her in my minor metropolis.

Wonder how many would wear burlap if the Wookie wore it?!   ::saywhat::   ::laughonfloor::