Author Topic: Lessons from the 2012 election  (Read 14211 times)

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Lessons from the 2012 election
« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2012, 11:45:19 AM »
Looks like West is likely to lose his FL race too. 

::)

The world is going to hell in a handbasket...

::unknowncomic::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2012, 11:57:42 AM »
Well, according to George Will, Marco Rubio is what the GOP needs to "broaden the demographic appeal of the Party".

Remember what I wrote about the demographic change in this country, how this election might be the last chance to elect a Republican?  Well, we're all out of chances, and the push will be on to pander to the anybody-but-White cohort.

We're done.  My hope now is for an even faster FAIL.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2012, 12:52:37 PM »
  Well, we're all out of chances, and the push will be on to pander to the anybody-but-White cohort.

oh that spells success

/
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2012, 01:01:16 PM »
  Well, we're all out of chances, and the push will be on to pander to the anybody-but-White cohort.

oh that spells success

/

I'll see your /sarc   ;)  and I raise you more immigration, both legal and illega --- er, work-permitted.

I was relatively certain Romney wasn't going to move against legal immigration, and he'd said he wouldn't revamp the Dream Act by EO, so that was the reason for my prediction.  Obongo, however, is going to ramp up production and importation of the unproductive and alien.  From the perspective of the LEFT, it does spell success.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2012, 02:37:46 PM »
FYI - Can't seem to find one of those national county-by-county maps of the election, would like to know the hardcare libiot counties to avoid, maybe there is a way to find a safe zone in the deepest part of conservative areas that is equidistant from bordering libiot counties on all compass axis points...

::saywhat::

Gotta stay out of the cities. They are all cesspools. Look at the map of Tennessee (exclude Memphis) Davidson county( Nashville) will be blue, everything else is heavy red. You can come down here. My area is conservative. I don't think I could survive in a few of these states.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2012, 08:20:11 PM »
Well, according to George Will, Marco Rubio is what the GOP needs to "broaden the demographic appeal of the Party".

Remember what I wrote about the demographic change in this country, how this election might be the last chance to elect a Republican?  Well, we're all out of chances, and the push will be on to pander to the anybody-but-White cohort.

What a load.  Time to let the GOP die, it is already running all over itself in a mad dash to look like they can play nice with the newly energized statist SCoaMF -

Boehner - Higher taxes, sure, why the hell not?!

http://www.cnbc.com/id/49731550

Boehner - "We want you (Obama) to succeed!"

http://dailycaller.com/2012/11/07/boehner-to-obama-this-is-your-moment-we-want-you-to-succeed/

Dingy Harry - Let's restrict use of the filibuster, Mytch will only say stern words at a presser nobody in the MFM covers much anyway, so where's the risk?!

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2012/nov/7/reid-moves-limit-gop-filibusters/

When people are ready to roll over...I say keep rollin' them...roll 'em right into the sewer!

GOP can FOAD!   ::mooning::

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #26 on: November 07, 2012, 08:30:05 PM »
There is something even more chilling about Reid's effort to declaw the filibuster. He is pursuing it because he knows the rule change will not come around to bite the Democrats in the ass, IOW he knows they now have a permanent lock on majority status.

This is about that point in the movie where Yoda and Obi-wan bid their goodbyes and head off to their respective lives of hidden exile.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #27 on: November 07, 2012, 08:45:39 PM »
Yup.  The Sith are in control, what Jedi remain are old, weak and vastly outnumbered.  Welcome to exile.  Oh, and those SCOTUS picks will just sail through with nary a word...no matter how left-wing moonbattish they are.  Oh yeah, the Old Guard really bent us over but good these past several years, yes, they really deserve their share of the streetlamps.

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #28 on: November 07, 2012, 08:46:37 PM »
Classes , races and identity groups are the future

yep

I read comments from conservatives blacks on Twitter last night and they said GOP doesn't reach out and addresss the concerns of hispanics and blacks and women.

!?

What? Liberty isn't a concern to them...like something else is more important than that.
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #29 on: November 07, 2012, 08:58:56 PM »
Classes , races and identity groups are the future

yep

I read comments from conservatives blacks on Twitter last night and they said GOP doesn't reach out and addresss the concerns of hispanics and blacks and women.

!?

What? Liberty isn't a concern to them...like something else is more important than that.

Free sh*t and cool positions with fancy titles to lord over people.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #30 on: November 07, 2012, 09:44:44 PM »
The pictures from the swelling crowds for Romney fooled  me.  Even in one of his campaign emails he mentioned the large crowds as an example of momentum.  BUT those crowds were "us". 
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #31 on: November 08, 2012, 07:15:58 AM »
I heard somewhere speculation about Evangelicals bolting from Romney, to where I dunno, maybe the eco-nut faction went to him, I have seen no data on that.

Anyway, I think the bigger issue was what appears to me to be the near total abandonment of the Tea Party support for Romney, I suspect when all is said and done that it will not be anti-Mormon sentiment or anything, but the collapse of Tea Party support that did him in.  It appears the Libertarian and Libertarian-leaning elements in the Tea Party either stayed home, voted for Johnson or wrote in Ron Paul...the surge in Tea Party support in 2010 just evaporated...no doubt seeing Ruling Class asshats like The Butthead stab Tea Party candidates in the back in the primaries and run as independents against them if they did win the primary soured the people supporting those candidates.

Perhaps if as I argued a long time ago the GOP front runner were to openly court Ron Paul and see if the idea of running Treasury could have energized some Tea Party support and resulted in a better turnout for Mitt, I dunno, it's all academic anyway, the deed is done.

What cannot be denied is that once again Ruling Class elements gave us the candidate who was not any of our conservative first choices, I went along with it to give others the benefit of the doubt and perhaps buy some time, but the fact is the Ruling Class porked us again.  They'll deny it an blame us, but whatever, people know better.  The Tea Party people sure seemed to know better, now it is time for conservatives to leave the GOP, put families and friends and their own welfare first and go on about life.

Want more reasons to abandon politics?  The dust hasn't even settled and the media is speculating about 2016...just read this and then ask yourself "Why do I care?"!

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/11/07/with-2012-election-done-fields-wide-open-for-2016-presidential-tickets/

::mooning::

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #32 on: November 08, 2012, 08:20:34 AM »
Maybe a little conspiracy theory?
Since I work nights, I get a little CoasttoCoastAM.

On their election might special there was a lady who investigates elections named Bev Harris. Her site is www.blackboxvoting.org

(National) 11/7/2012 - AMERICA'S CLAIRVOYANT ELECTION SYSTEM - Perhaps one of the oddest moments of all during last night's live election coverage was what happened to Karl Rove on Fox Network News.

With Florida still too close to call and hundreds of thousands of votes still out in Ohio (including a large hunk of votes in Romney strongholds), and with a spread of about 100,000 votes separating the candidates in Ohio, Fox called Ohio for Obama. Karl Rove arranged to come on the Fox network to voice his rebuttal.

Now, whatever you think of Rove, I think most of us agree that he's a numbers guy. His numbers didn't support the calling of the state of Ohio at that point in time. When he explained his reasoning, the Fox anchor quickly shut him down. "It's a science" he was told.

Based not on actual votes, but on projections from a single private entity, the National Election Pool (NEP), we were all told what the election results were going to be. When Rove pulled out his notes and calculations, he was basically told "Shut up, this is a science."

But is that what your vote really is? A science project, to be viewed only by experts inside a nesting set of black boxes, completely out of public view?

If we are to have real self-governance, we need to be able to authenticate each essential step in our own elections -- without need for special expertise to explain to us what the result is. What more centralized, privatized form of declaring a result is there than to commission the NEP to provide a single set of statistics to ALL of the TV networks for a declaration of results without human eyes ever looking at a single ballot.

The media called the election in Tennessee just 11 minutes after the polls closed and by the way, exit polls had already been cancelled in Tennessee because, it was explained, everyone already knew who the winner was going to be so why bother with the expense. Even the voting machines, opaque and controlled by whatever their programmers put into them, had not yet issued results printouts. Is this the new, NEW method for pretending at democracy?

Washington State, where I live, is a forced absentee state, where 100% of the votes are now absentee ballots, which must be postmarked on Election Day. I placed my ballot in the post office at 2 pm. There are no exit polls, because there are no polling places. Apparently a few phone calls now substitute for actual exit polling (to people with land lines? That's an increasingly elderly demographic). Perhaps 40% of all ballots in Washington have not even been counted yet, but we've been told the results.

In California, typically 25% of the votes are counted after Election Day, yet results have been announced. That's a million uncounted ballots in Los Angeles alone. We have no clue what is on those ballots but we've been told not to worry about it. The stats guys have issued their verdict.

Forget voting machines, programmed by insiders to do whatever they do. Let's just skip counting the votes altogether and use statistics.

Creepy little way to run an election, if you ask me

More at the link

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #33 on: November 08, 2012, 08:23:49 AM »
It's not who votes, it's who counts the votes.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #34 on: November 08, 2012, 11:17:47 AM »
comments from
 http://ricochet.com/main-feed/It-s-Not-the-Economy-After-All-Is-It/(comment)/520029#comment-520029

katievs:

Turns out, we're not a majority anymore.  Turns out that social issues trump economic issues for the left.   They don't care if the economy is in the toilet.  They want abortion and free birth control and same-sex marriage.  Like Marx, they're out to marginalize the Church and break down the family.  Their voters want hand-outs, not personal responsibility.

This, I think, was the real blind spot for both the GOP and myself personally. 

Underlying the whole "we are a center right nation" talk was an implicit belief in a thoughtful electorate who acted more like the mythical homo economicus than an emotional single-issue voter.  We talk about cultural decline, in terms that imply we are only at the start of the slippery slope; the core of our culture is still better, savable, and reachable. 

Last night put a stake through that idea.  We are halfway down the greased ramp and accelerating.

We face an electorate willing to be deceived, willing to abdicate responsibility, and willing to ignore all other considerations to satisfy their personal narcissistic concerns.  This is not a country that will listen to a calm, intellectual message about order and structure.

when a person only cares about his or her own wants for that day and has no basis for making decisions such as a core of principles then we will have an uphill battle

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #35 on: November 08, 2012, 11:38:01 AM »
comments from
 http://ricochet.com/main-feed/It-s-Not-the-Economy-After-All-Is-It/(comment)/520029#comment-520029

katievs:

Turns out, we're not a majority anymore.  Turns out that social issues trump economic issues for the left.   They don't care if the economy is in the toilet.  They want abortion and free birth control and same-sex marriage.  Like Marx, they're out to marginalize the Church and break down the family.  Their voters want hand-outs, not personal responsibility.

This, I think, was the real blind spot for both the GOP and myself personally.  

Underlying the whole "we are a center right nation" talk was an implicit belief in a thoughtful electorate who acted more like the mythical homo economicus than an emotional single-issue voter.  We talk about cultural decline, in terms that imply we are only at the start of the slippery slope; the core of our culture is still better, savable, and reachable.  

Last night put a stake through that idea.  We are halfway down the greased ramp and accelerating.

We face an electorate willing to be deceived, willing to abdicate responsibility, and willing to ignore all other considerations to satisfy their personal narcissistic concerns.  This is not a country that will listen to a calm, intellectual message about order and structure.

when a person only cares about his or her own wants for that day and has no basis for making decisions such as a core of principles then we will have an uphill battle

Too many people today have no "future orientation" at all -- "I want everything and I want it right damn now"; these people are the "instant gratification" cohort.

The principles of order and structure, necessary for a stable society, have given way to a "do yer own thang" mindset that insists on abortion and same-sex "marriage" as THE liberties worth having -- for them; for the rest of us, the "order" that makes them comfortable is when they're issuing them about how we must lives OUR lives, and nothing is beyond their purview.  What we do on our property is always "open to discussion" because the environment simply cannot be degraded in any way, which extends to the pollution of your wood fire wafting into "their" air.

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #36 on: November 08, 2012, 11:38:52 AM »
Maybe a little conspiracy theory?
Since I work nights, I get a little CoasttoCoastAM.

::laughonfloor::

I used to help my BIL plow snow for a few extra bucks back in the day...had a riot wind-rowing at 45mph chomping on tobacco and guzling caffeine and listening to Art Bell and the latest conspiracies on C2C!

Damned entertaining!  Ahh, memories...

Anyway, BOT, the NEP is nothing new, railed against that years ago, might as well yell at the moon for all the good it does...nobody, apparently, outside of few crazy people like us care...

Embrace the horror, we have a front row seat to the end of the nation...the ultimate "teaching moment" of our time.

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #37 on: November 08, 2012, 11:48:01 AM »
C2C still has it's share of woo woo nutjobs which I mostly find entertaining.
But, it is also a source of alternate news and info sometimes.

I tried to listen to their election night coverage on replay but there was a very pro Obama slant to some of the guests.I just skipped through them
The guest I cited I heard part of live on my way home from work and wanted to hear again.
I'm a subscriber so I can listen to the replays.

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #38 on: November 08, 2012, 11:50:11 AM »
Well, you know there are a lot of headlines now days that not too long ago would be shrugged off as something spinning out of The Onion, so...

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #39 on: November 08, 2012, 11:51:15 AM »
You know we're in trouble when we're saying "you just can't make this sht up".