Author Topic: 27 dead, including 18 children, at Newtown, CT, elementary school  (Read 16103 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: 27 dead, including 18 children, at Newtown, CT, elementary school
« Reply #40 on: December 15, 2012, 03:53:29 PM »
I read that his is an accounting exec for a big accounting firm, obviously white, crazy and shouldn't have guns either.

ETA - Asshats are coming out of the woodwork everywhere.

People I can't stand and who should already be kicked out of the nation for their open hatred of the constitution-

Soledad O'Brien, Ed Schultz, Michael Moore, Martha Stewart, Mia Farrow, Alec Baldwin and non-American trash like Piers Morgan -

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/cnn-anchor-clashes-with-gop-rep-on-gun-control-he-shot-them-he-didnt-stab-them-you-i-will-have-this-exact-same-conversation-at-the-next-terrible-tragedy/

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/ed-schultzs-anti-gun-argument-people-who-wrote-the-second-amendment-owned-slaves-oppressed-women-were-short-on-tolerance/

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/celebrities-demand-gun-control-on-twitter-stop-defending-your-right-to-bear-arms-youre-stupid/

We don't need to destroy the constitution anymore, we need to ban asshats, not guns!  Kick the f**kers out NOW!!!!
« Last Edit: December 15, 2012, 04:06:19 PM by Libertas »
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #42 on: December 15, 2012, 06:41:54 PM »
Aside from the heinous crime, the most breathtaking aspect of this has been how dreadfully much the media has gotten wrong.

Just off the top of my head...

They blamed the brother Ryan by name for half a day.

They said the rifle was left in the backseat of the car.

They said his mother was a kindergarten teacher at the school, that she was working during the crime, and that she was among the dead at the school.

They said the father had been killed.

They said that an entire class of kindergarteners had been killed, when in fact they were 1st graders.

Just to address the last: imagine the dread of every parent of every kindergartener as they rushed to the school and waited for answers. Imagine the relief of the parents of 1st graders thinking their child was spared, and the subsequent horror of learning that in fact, their child was not spared.

My loathing for the news media - including Fox - could not be more visceral nor more complete.

The media complex is an enemy of the people, and the threat it poses needs to be effectively addressed by determined patriots.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #43 on: December 15, 2012, 07:00:33 PM »
  I know that I'm going to hear it fir saying this,but my heart goes out the the families but in the end I thank God it wasn't one of mine.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #45 on: December 15, 2012, 07:57:13 PM »
Every single day smaller, but very personal, tragedies are prevented by the use of a firearm even if merely to display it. But those are never news. Likewise, the rapes and murders perpetrated against people who live in areas where laws deny them the ability to defend themselves, those aren't news either.

I hate the fact that we now live in a world where ephemera and sensationalism are all that is required to enable permanent changes in law, without even so much as a perfunctory period of deliberation. I don't know how far they will be able to go legislatively, but think it's a sure bet that the AWB and mag limits are back. It'll be wet noodle time for the Republicans in the House, after all, how long will they be able to take the insinuations and outright accusations that they are apologists for the guy who murdered an entire 1st grade class?
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

charlesoakwood

« Reply #46 on: December 15, 2012, 08:53:13 PM »

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2012-12-15/newtown-shooter-had-asperger-syndrome-and-some-us-gun-facts

The much debated question, of course, that is already emerging is whose responsibility is it to limit such access: that of the individual, that of the closest family members, or that of the state, and if it is the latter, then the question becomes one of practical enforceability in a country where the second amendment is deeply engrained in the popular psychology, and where there are nearly as many guns as people.
A 1993 nationwide survey of 4,977 households found that over the previous five years, at least 0.5% of households had members who had used a gun for defense during a situation in which they thought someone "almost certainly would have been killed" if they "had not used a gun for protection." Applied to the U.S. population, this amounts to 162,000 such incidents per year. This figure excludes all "military service, police work, or work as a security guard."

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #47 on: December 15, 2012, 09:48:55 PM »
Put on the tinfoil hats!

Last night it also emerged Nancy was a member of the Doomsday Preppers movement, which believes people should prepare for end of the world.
Her former sister-in-law Marsha said she had turned her home ‘into a fortress’. She added: ‘Nancy had a survivalist philosophy which is why she was stockpiling guns. She had them for defense.
‘She was stockpiling food. She grew up on a farm in New Hampshire. She was skilled with guns. We talked about preppers and preparing for the economy collapsing.’

Yeah. No set up here. Just what they needed. What a co-inky-dink.

Oh and that second shooter? Seems to be gone from the news now..

but apparently he had time to put 3-11 bullets in each of the 26 victims so at minumum 25*3 +11 = a minimum of 86 rounds fired.  Possible, sure. But that is a lot of drops and loads on two pistols.  (or was the rifle used? I still  can't tell) Seems like if someone had a gun they would have had an excellent chance to use it while he was reloading.

« Last Edit: December 15, 2012, 10:33:59 PM by Weisshaupt »

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #48 on: December 15, 2012, 09:56:23 PM »
 I know that I'm going to hear it fir saying this,but my heart goes out the the families but in the end I thank God it wasn't one of mine.

Thank God it wasn't one of yours or any of ours.  I feel for the innocent children who were murdered, but the likelihood is that most of those parents were totalitarian libtards who who have screamed bloody murder if one of those first grade teachers had a gun in the classroom with which they could have defended themselves and their children.  They are the same people who though so little of our rights they they voted to use the government as a weapon to violate them. They are the same people who advocate using taxpayer money to kill children IN THE WOMB!  I am saddened  by the loss of so many children, but I don't feel one thing for the liberal parents. This is the world they voted for. They deserve every bit of pain God allows to be sent their way.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2012, 10:13:07 PM by Weisshaupt »

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #49 on: December 15, 2012, 09:58:49 PM »

There is nothing in the slightest wrong or inappropriate with that statement. I thank God that it wasn't one of yours either.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #50 on: December 15, 2012, 11:41:03 PM »
I hate the Left because...because of them my first thought upon hearing about this was the political damage they are inevitably going to do in its name. That shouldn't be the first thought a person has when hearing about a classroom full of 1st graders being murdered, and that is why I hate them -- because they have demonstrated time and again through their past behavior why it is that we are now so conditioned to think in those terms.

I also hate them because I can't immediately rule out conspiracy theories. I mean, we already know as a matter of factual record that they were orchestrating gun running into Mexico, using guns obtained from private gun dealers in America, for the express purpose of outraging the American people with scenes of slaughter committed "because of" the 2nd Amendment. I hate them because I know too well of their incessant nature. Fast & Furious didn't have the desired effect? Well let's try on execution of a 1st grade classroom for size. No, I don't know that this was the result of orchestration. But I can't outright dismiss it as being ridiculous either, and I hate them for it.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #51 on: December 16, 2012, 12:37:40 AM »
I hate the Left because...because of them my first thought upon hearing about this was the political damage they are inevitably going to do in its name. That shouldn't be the first thought a person has when hearing about a classroom full of 1st graders being murdered, and that is why I hate them -- because they have demonstrated time and again through their past behavior why it is that we are now so conditioned to think in those terms.

I also hate them because I can't immediately rule out conspiracy theories. I mean, we already know as a matter of factual record that they were orchestrating gun running into Mexico, using guns obtained from private gun dealers in America, for the express purpose of outraging the American people with scenes of slaughter committed "because of" the 2nd Amendment. I hate them because I know too well of their incessant nature. Fast & Furious didn't have the desired effect? Well let's try on execution of a 1st grade classroom for size. No, I don't know that this was the result of orchestration. But I can't outright dismiss it as being ridiculous either, and I hate them for it.

Glock old-buddy, old-pal, a friend of mine who is not prone to conspiracy theories has connected the anti-depressant drug dots to several recent and not-so-recent shootings -- Columbine, Gabby Giffords, the Colorado Theatre shooting  -- all young men within a certain age-range.  He theorizes they're drugged "point and shoots".

On another note, if the gun laws in CT are so strict, how the heck did the mother come by those guns and why don't we already know more about HER?
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #53 on: December 16, 2012, 05:33:35 AM »
Aside from the heinous crime, the most breathtaking aspect of this has been how dreadfully much the media has gotten wrong.

Just off the top of my head...

They blamed the brother Ryan by name for half a day.

They said the rifle was left in the backseat of the car.

They said his mother was a kindergarten teacher at the school, that she was working during the crime, and that she was among the dead at the school.

They said the father had been killed.

They said that an entire class of kindergarteners had been killed, when in fact they were 1st graders.

Just to address the last: imagine the dread of every parent of every kindergartener as they rushed to the school and waited for answers. Imagine the relief of the parents of 1st graders thinking their child was spared, and the subsequent horror of learning that in fact, their child was not spared.

My loathing for the news media - including Fox - could not be more visceral nor more complete.

The media complex is an enemy of the people, and the threat it poses needs to be effectively addressed by determined patriots.

Sort of reminds you of the first 24 hours of reporting on Benghazi doesn't it ?

TeachX3

« Reply #54 on: December 16, 2012, 09:07:46 AM »
And then, there are those intelligent and responsible gun owners who prevent tragedy:  http://www.kgw.com/news/Clackamas-man-armed-confronts-mall-shooter-183593571.html

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #55 on: December 16, 2012, 09:27:59 AM »
Written by another person who gets it .....

"I am a parent.  As such, I am deeply saddened by the tragic events that unfolded in Connecticut.  Truthfully, I find myself avoiding thinking about all those families who sent their children to school that morning, as if it was just another day.  It's just too sad... my mind keeps asking, "What if they didn't tell their child they loved them before the child got on the bus or got dropped off at school?" and "What if the parents were snappy with the kids because the little ones were dragging their feet that morning?"  and "What if they didn't have time to read that bedtime story the night before?"  It's the little things, you know, that make living so difficult after losing someone close to you.  As a parent, I worry about my own children's safety at school, defenseless as they are.  And I hold them a little tighter.

I am a teacher.  Each day, I report to my classroom filled with children who, though they are not perfect, are MINE when they are with me.  Like their parents, I worry for their safety and yes, will bless them out if I see them doing something dangerous.  Like their parents, I bandage their little wounds and take their temperature when they don't feel well.  Like their parents, I make them wash their hands and wipe their noses and wear coats when they go outside.  Like their parents, I dry their tears and try to teach them to be kind to others, but also stand up for themselves.  Like their parents, I panic a little when one lags behind or disappears into a bathroom without permission.  So many things to take care of in a day, so many little people to tend... but I also have to teach them.  And I have to deal with parents who aren't always kind or gracious when their little darlings don't make the right choices at school or don't make the expected grade. And heaven forbid I not post grades on time!  As a teacher, I view this tragedy in Connecticut a little differently... I view it more from the teacher perspective.  We have drills to practice what to do in these situations, but the reality is that there is only a wooden door with a glass window separating my students from whatever danger awaits them in the halls.  I am defenseless.  The children are defenseless.  And more and more, the crazies of this world are targeting children/schools, probably because we ARE defenseless.  Our school recently had one of these drills... as I sat in the dark with my students huddled in a corner of the room, I thought, "Gosh, this is sad. Huddling in the corner is very little protection." And I found myself playing out different scenarios in my mind. What if someone came in the door?  How could I stop him? Could I hit him with something?  What?  Could I hide behind the door and stab him in the neck with a pencil?  I know this sounds ridiculous, but this is seriously what went through my mind.  I have 23 students in my care and I really can't do more for them than lock a door and push them in a corner.  I suppose I would be like that principal in Connecticut who died trying to overtake the gunman.  I could not stand there living and allow even one of my students to be shot.  I would have to be dead or gravely injured before that could happen.  I worry... I worry...

I am a gun owner.  I have my very own weapons at home, it's true.  I come from a military family.  We always had guns.  I married a gun-owner.  Together we own both handguns and long guns.  Yes, many different guns because (as one member posted) different guns have different uses.  The only thing our guns have ever killed is an occasional deer and one mean old rooster that attacked my children.  Our guns enjoy hanging out in their locked cases. They are hermits, really, rarely making an appearance, except for cleaning and target practice.  Most legal guns are like this.  I don't really support more gun laws... I mean, meth is illegal but people get it anyway.  Making guns illegal will only keep them out of the hands of the good people.  The crazies will still get them.  My dad used to say "Locking a door is only keeping the honest people out."  To me, gun laws are only keeping guns out of the hands of the honest people.  This tragedy strikes me differently as a gun owner.  First, it definitely makes me want to double-check the security of my weapons.  I don't some crazy person getting their hands on my weapons.  Also, it makes me worry about knee-jerk legislation coming from such an event.

As a parent, teacher, and gun-owner, I worry about our legislation making schools "gun-free" zones.  Like my lock on my door, that only keeps the honest people out.  My father, a very knowledgeable, experienced, and responsible gun-owner, when he comes to school to pick up my children, has to leave his weapon at home even to pull into the pick-up line. While I understand that, I worry about the potential for these uninterrupted massacres.  Everyone knows there are no resource officers in our elementary schools.  Everyone knows it is illegal to bring a weapon onto school grounds.  Everyone knows children and teachers (and other school personnel) are completely defenseless.  Everyone knows.  Most people would never take advantage of that.  But a crazy would... And then it's too late.  In this recent tragedy, teachers used their bodies to shield children -- what a puny effort, but it was all they could do. And I would do the same.  A female principal was killed trying to physically overtake an armed man.  Puny effort. Almost laughable, except that it was heroic and tragic and beautiful.  One cannot laugh at this woman's attempt to protect the people in her school.  It was all she could do.  She gave all she could.  How sad is that?  How sad that we, as educators, are entrusted with these children to teach and protect, yet we have no way to protect them.  It sickens me to think how unprotected we are in the schools.  Anyone could walk in the front door of any school in the county and wreak this kind of havoc.  That's the honest truth.  It hasn't happened here... yet.  I fear for my children.  I fear for my students. I fear for my colleagues.  I fear for myself.  We are sitting ducks.  And yet, Monday morning, I will put a smile on my face, enter my classroom, and teach those children, protecting them as best I can.  With my life, if that's all I have...

I leave you with this parting thought: Friday night, I had a dream (I really did!) that a gunman was in my school, but somehow I was legally allowed to have my gun.  It was strapped on my person in a shoulder holster.  After having my students huddle in the corner, I positioned myself with my weapon to guard the door.  When the gunman entered, I shot him.  The end."
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #56 on: December 16, 2012, 10:04:05 AM »
If Republicans were smart, they would immediately introduce legislation to eliminate "Gun Free Zones", and make the case for their elimination.

It is an easy, easy case to make. All they would have to do is be willing to demagogue the dead children...
[blockquote]"Imagine for a moment that one or more of the brave individuals in the front office of that school were armed with their own concealed weapon, and trained in its use. Well not only were they not armed, they were prevented from being armed, because of the Democrats. The deaths of these children lay squarely on the Democrats placing restrictions and conditions on the law-abiding practice of our sacred 2nd Amendment constitutional right to defend ourselves and the innocent from evil."[/blockquote]
Why not preempt the demagoguery that is sure to come from the Left? Use the children to illustrate the destructiveness of one of the Left's "conditions" on the 2nd Amendment.

Of course, they will not do it. They will lie supine on their backs, ears folded down, exposing their bellies while the Democrats kick them.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2012, 10:08:15 AM by IronDioPriest »
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #57 on: December 16, 2012, 10:11:00 AM »
If Republicans were smart, they would immediately introduce legislation to eliminate "Gun Free Zones", and make the case for their elimination.

It is an easy, easy case to make. All they would have to do is be willing to demagogue the dead children. "Imagine for a moment that one or more of the brave individuals in the front office of that school were armed with their own concealed weapon, and trained in its use." Why not preempt the demagoguery that is sure to come from the Left? Use the children to illustrate the destructiveness of one of the Left's "conditions" on the 2nd Amendment.

Of course, they will not do it. They will lie supine on their backs, ears folded down, exposing their bellies while the Democrats kick them.

Anything similar to the narrative I posted above would do; "imagine yourself in a position where you had 23 children to protect and all you had was a flimsy door and a chair!  YOU people helped a nut kill twenty kids and kept the adults from saving them!"

Even the presence of one "resource officer" is an almost useless layer of protection once he is rendered dead or ineffective.

Tell the Left that in some cases, it DOES take a village .... of armed and cognitive adults.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #58 on: December 16, 2012, 10:38:49 AM »

http://mamabythebay.com/2012/12/14/to-the-media-regarding-newtown/

But you know what I do remember?
YOU were there.
YOU, with your enormous video cameras.
YOU, with your microphones poking into the
bubble of grief that grew bigger as we waited
for our parents to find us.
YOU, with your horrible questions about what
had happened, had we known Mike, had we seen
anything? No parents there yet, just children.
No teachers, just children. And you.
Some of us screamed at you to leave us alone.
Some of us answered your sick questions,
because you were the grown-ups, and we were the kids.
I don’t even know how you got there so fast, before
our parents, before anyone else could swoop us back
inside and ask you to leave. But there you were,
with your vans and your lights, asking us how it felt
to know that another child had been killed. How it felt
to be scared. How it felt to wonder about the names of
everyone else, to be desperately hoping for more
information, while feeling terrified about what the
truth would really be.

I remember you. I remember your names.
I remember what channel you were from.
I remember that you filled the parking lot at Mike’s
funeral. You stood in a line outside of the door,
devouring the footage of crying football players running
away from the service, like rabid hungry wolves.
You replayed the video of Mike being loaded into the
ambulance, over and over and over again, even when
people wrote to you and asked you to stop.

« Last Edit: December 16, 2012, 10:45:17 AM by Charles Oakwood »

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #59 on: December 16, 2012, 10:54:24 AM »
I told my wife Friday night that a tornado could have gone through New Town and killed 100 people . And yes , it would have been a tragedy . But it would have been far easier to explain and understand . This sort of thing I'll never understand .  :'(