Author Topic: The Scandalgate Thread  (Read 2051 times)

charlesoakwood

The Scandalgate Thread
« on: June 10, 2013, 04:25:41 PM »
Scandalgate

Benghazi [blockquote]... Benghazi exposed that this administration will  [let die and] lie about the death of four Americans in order to get reelected. ...And to this day, we don't know where Obama was while the actual murder and mayhem, the terror attack in Benghazi was taking place, we don't know where he was. ... here and  here.[/blockquote]

The IRS Tea Party  [blockquote]... They denied tax-exempt status to organizations assembled by their political enemies.  As such, in my mind, they suppressed the votes of millions of Republicans, because they suppressed the fundraising opportunity of millions of Americans. ...The IRS Tea Party scandal shows that the regime wanted to find out who was donating to Tea Party and Republican groups.  The IRS lied about it to the public and to the Congress. ...here  and here  [/blockquote]

NSA phone record monitoring [blockquote]... Eric Holder, and probably Obama, ordered the data mining against Americans on a scale never even imagined before and without warrants from the FISA court... here[/blockquote]

NSA credit card financial transactions monitoring [blockquote]... Eric Holder, Obama, ordered the monitoring of the content of Americans' purchases and bank records and without FISA warrants here[/blockquote]

PRISM [blockquote]... NSA is getting information from Internet companies, including the content of e-mails... access, could have been used to target Americans, and for political reasons, all the while we're told that the purpose is to stop terrorism and to find foreign activity that's suspicious.  But given who's collecting the data, there's no reason to think that this access might not have been used to monitor Obama's political opponents and not just terrorists.  David Petraeus comes to mind... here[/blockquote]

Secret e-mail accounts [blockquote]... political appointees in all of the top bureaucracies who are unaccountable, who are engaging in activity that is absent oversight ... secret e-mail accounts keep these e-mails from being subject to Freedom of Information Act requests, and they prevent any official record of activity... here[/blockquote]

Fast and Furious [blockquote]here and here[/blockquote]

Immigration [blockquote]here, here and here.     [/blockquote]
ETA:

HHS
[blockquote]From the federal overhaul of American medicine that brought us the Cornhusker Kickback, the Louisiana Purchase, and Gator Aid, we can now add the Sebelius Shakedown...“Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius has gone, ..., to health industry officials, asking them to make large financial donations to help with the effort to implement President Obama’s landmark health-care law.”  According to the New York Times, Sebelius has suggested “seven-figure donations.” ...  herehere and, for a bit of gayity .here[/blockquote]

« Last Edit: August 06, 2013, 10:46:28 AM by trapeze »

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Re: Scandalgate: A Review
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2013, 04:53:34 PM »
... And let's not forget the Sebelius creature coercing "donations" from private health insurers to pay for ObamaCare.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2013, 08:03:28 PM »
Most tyrannical government in US history by far!

WAR!!!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2013, 07:17:16 AM »
You forgot the very first step in scandalgate.  Picking that straw man fight with Madison about keeping a wary eye on government at all times.

That was only 5 weeks ago.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2013, 10:42:33 AM »

What fight?  Guy Madison? 

charlesoakwood

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
Re: The Scandalgate Thread
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2013, 11:01:34 AM »
Sadly, Charles Oakwood (who started this thread) is no longer with us. He departed for personal reasons which will remain personal.

But, I wanted a thread which would be a clearinghouse for the many, many Obama scandals and this thread, with a lead in by Limbaugh, looked to be the place for it. I renamed  the thread from "Scandalgate: A Review" to "The Scandalgate Thread" for the same reason.

What brought this to mind today was reading a similar post by Victor Davis Hanson titled, "Obama's Watergate" and here is an excerpt from near the end...

The president’s poll numbers are tanking, and even some of the liberal press feels increasingly betrayed. The Middle East is a mess: Syria a charnel house, Egypt pure chaos, Libya the new Somalia, Iraq abandoned, Afghanistan ignored. Al-Qaeda is on the run — toward Westerners everywhere.

The common denominators are perceived presidential weakness, and inattention. But whereas Richard Nixon was seen as a brilliant foreign-policy realist, Obama prior to his scandals was already struggling to overcome the reputation of being a naïf about foreig[n policy] and cool, distant, and inept at home.

....those involved are seeking to mask their culpability, the scandals grind on. They will not end until the truth sets us all free. So expect a long-drawn-out and sordid saga.

If the administration continues to stonewall and taunt its critics, there will soon appear updated Obama versions of diehard Nixon defenders like Rabbi Korff and Representative Sandman — with plenty of the same old “Let me be perfectly clear” and “Make no mistake about it” presidential denials.

In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2013, 11:42:33 AM »
What will be long and drawn out is our agony...America may survive Obama...but it will not survive progressives and Neo-Keynesians...like cockroaches these insidious sappers never stop destroying everything in their path...

Sorry to hear about Charles, sucks not knowing what's up there, I have enjoyed his many contributions over the years.  Good luck CO!   ::hat-tip::

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2013, 12:45:46 PM »
What will be long and drawn out is our agony...America may survive Obama...but it will not survive progressives and Neo-Keynesians...like cockroaches these insidious sappers never stop destroying everything in their path...

Sorry to hear about Charles, sucks not knowing what's up there, I have enjoyed his many contributions over the years.  Good luck CO!   ::hat-tip::
Agreed!
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2013, 02:51:35 PM »
Sorry to hear about Charles leaving

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2013, 03:12:19 PM »
Sorry to hear about Charles leaving

He will surely be missed. Hope everything is well.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2013, 08:22:02 PM »
Yet another similarly themed piece by Victor Davis Hanson

Obama came to power in the third year of large Democratic congressional majorities. In his first referendum, he lost the House and he may soon lose the Senate; in other words, there followed a somewhat normal reaction against a majority party. Obama’s popularity rating is well below 50%, despite an obsequious media and a brilliantly negative billion-dollar campaign that long ago turned Mitt Romney into a veritable elevator-using, equestrian-marrying, canine-hating monster.

In the second term, there is little of the Obama bully pulpit left. “Make no mistake about it” and “let me be perfectly clear” can incur caricature, not fainting. “Really,” “I’m not kidding,” “I’m serious,” “in point of fact,” and “I’m not making this up” often prove rhetorical hints that the opposite is true. When Obama warns about gridlock in Washington, the “same old tired politics,” the dangers of a tyrant or king in the White House, the need for an honest IRS, or the perils of government surveillance, these admonitions have tragically become a psychological tic to warn us about himself. Former jokes aboutsiccing the IRS on his enemies or using Predator drones to go after suitors of his daughters are as eerie as they are comedic.

Each new “historic” speech is by now mostly history repeating itself as farce. The Victory Column oration gave way to a flat vignette at the Brandenburg Gate. The Cairo speech follow-ups were mostly confusion about Egypt and Syria, without the fictions of the West’s underappreciated debts to Islam. The second Trayvon Martin aside on racial look-alikes was even more disturbing that the first. I don’t think Obama’s advisors will allow him to proclaim any more “deadlines,” or “red lines,” or any sort of lines at all in the Middle East.

Aside from Obama himself, no one in the post-Benghazi, -AP, -NSA, and -IRS scandal era references the president any longer as the former “professor of constitutional law.” In Obama’s case even the inflated title has become an oxymoron.

Ever so slowly, the press, albeit still for the most part privately, is learning that it has been had by one of its own. The breach of journalistic ethics turned out not to be a necessary means to an exalted liberal end, but instead was interpreted cynically by Obama as exemption for doing pretty much what he pleased — like going after AP reporters for leaking national security in a way the administration could only envy, given its own less impressive efforts to divulge what should not have been divulged. How odd that a truly adversarial press is an aid to conservatives in power, in keeping them on their toes about scandal, and how ironic that liberal media obeisance green-lights wrongdoing among those whom they deify.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2013, 02:13:59 AM »
Oh yeah, I read that.  The Hanson piece where he claims Obongo will not do, has not done, lasting damage to the country.  ::snort::

In the meantime ....

H/T American Digest
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2013, 04:52:09 AM »
That was the only thing that I disagreed with in VDH's commentary. Perhaps he believes that President Zero's legacy will have no more lasting impact than Carter's. This does show either profound naiveté as to the (so far) immortality of entitlement programs or the supreme optimism that DumbassCare simply cannot fail to be crushed under its own weight.

I wish that I still had that optimism.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2013, 06:59:49 AM »
Oh yeah, I read that.  The Hanson piece where he claims Obongo will not do, has not done, lasting damage to the country.  ::snort::

In the meantime ....

H/T American Digest

Heck, No!  You are not the only one!

And to think people actually are deluded enough to think the destruction wrought by Obama, Pelosi & Reid can be reversed...peacefully?  IMO that is flat-out insane.  Oh well, by the time the "I told you so's" come due they will be more effectively issued at velocities anywhere between 1000-3000fps.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2013, 11:39:51 AM »
If only demonstrations like this were not on every overpass in America, perhaps there would be hope...

http://im41.com/archives/35831

http://directorblue.blogspot.com/2013/08/15-overpasses-for-impeachment-photos.html

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2013, 12:04:20 PM »
I find VDH's perspective interesting considering his usual demeanor is pretty low key and sometimes bordering on pessimistic.
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2013, 01:54:24 PM »

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2013, 02:37:53 PM »
Perhaps he believes that President Zero's legacy will have no more lasting impact than Carter's.

This mindset among conservatives with access to the public is as dangerous as the regime. As much as I admire him, Jason Lewis is guilty of this to my never-ending frustration. He says Obama is just a common liberal pursuing the same liberal agenda, no more evil than any other liberal who's come before him. He chastises those of us who are alarmed to the point of connecting dots and seeing the sharp differences in how our government views its role in relation to citizens.

Failing to see the precipice and the people and events driving us toward it is an unforgivable failure for those publicly opposed to the actions of this regime. These people wish that policies and the events that spring from them happened in an amoral vacuum, where motivation doesn't matter. But they mistakenly fail to take into account the obvious reality that our president has outright malice in his heart of hearts for this country and its people.

VDH doesn't get it. He gets a lot, but this one deal-breaker, he does not get.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2013, 02:41:59 PM by IronDioPriest »
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2013, 07:29:53 PM »
Thanks for the correction Trap.

And I agree IDP.  I like VDH, his historical knowledge is first rate, but as illustrated in this instance he is  failing to realize the malice in his )Obama's) heart for everything this nation was Founded upon.  We had our earliest confirmation in that infamous Obama clip where he rails against the constitution as a "charter of negative rights".  What is more illustrative of his outright hatred of America as founded?  And Jason Lewis does make a similar mistake, which I find curious given he is usually quite candid in his other opinions which some might find objectionable.

There has never been a person more disastrous to liberty than Obama in America's history, period.  FDR, Johnson, Carter and Clinton would need to be combined to even get close.  If otherwise good and seemingly reasonable people disagree on this point it only illustrates how truly screwed we really are.

And more proof today of Big Government emboldened by the most disastrous Regime in history - Obama IRS manual detailed DEA's use of hidden intel evidence.

How much more of this are we expected to take sitting down?  Hmmmm?!