Author Topic: 9/11 "Million muslim march" to be countered by ’2 Million Bikers to DC'  (Read 2280 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
... to pay their respects to the armed forces and to those who lost their lives on 9/11 12 years ago.

Bikers denied no-stop permit

The group said in a statement Sunday that D.C. officials denied their request for a special nonstop ride through town with a waiver for red lights, stop signs and other traffic signals.

“What could have been a one or two hour ride through will now likely be an all day event,” the group said.

... The 2 Million Bikers to DC group offered an apology to D.C. residents, who will undoubtedly be disturbed by the noise.

“We did the right thing and went through the proper channels to secure a no-stop permit to ride through your great city,” the groups said Sunday. “We wanted to ride an established route, which would have taken us past the Viet Nam Memorial to the Lincoln Memorial, across the bridge into Virginia, and that’s it! We would have been completely out of Washington DC, and your city would have been back to normal.”

... Denial of the permit sparked outrage on the biker group’s website because the District of Columbia reportedly has granted the American Muslim Political Action Committee a permit for the Million Americans Against Fear rally, formerly known as the Million Muslim March, for Thursday on the National Mall, the PAC announced Saturday.

The Law of Unintended Consequences strikes again.  Lol.

"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
Re: 9/11 "Million muslim march" to be countered by ’2 Million Bikers to DC'
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2013, 03:32:20 PM »
love it!

they are literally going to go around the bureaucrats
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2013, 04:11:06 PM »
9/11 is a DC workday.  Hope they enjoy how thoroughly, massively screwed-up the traffic will be all day long.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2013, 04:12:55 PM »
I hope the 'Slims get in their faces.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2013, 04:22:20 PM »
Without a scintilla of irony, you know the libs are going to complain about how it's insensitive for them to use a pig mascot (despite the fact that Harleys have long been known as hogs)...they're going to complain about them doing that on a day when Muslims are trying to execute a victory dance on top of the 3,000 who died in the Twin Towers.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2013, 04:34:53 PM »
Without a scintilla of irony, you know the libs are going to complain about how it's insensitive for them to use a pig mascot (despite the fact that Harleys have long been known as hogs)...they're going to complain about them doing that on a day when Muslims are trying to execute a victory dance on top of the 3,000 who died in the Twin Towers.

Let them.  I hope they do.  I'm pretty sure this is one group who will not roll over and issue a groveling apology.

Offline Magnum

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2013, 04:41:06 PM »
I was really hoping I could have make the ride but it didn't work out.

The Bikers are in my prayers...............
« Last Edit: September 09, 2013, 04:44:17 PM by Magnum »
"Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your GOD will be with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:9

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2013, 04:42:06 PM »
Yeah these are the same ones who kept the Westboro freaks away from military funerals, pretty much begging them to try and start something.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2013, 05:38:24 PM »
Awesome!  Man would that would be fun to be in!  I'd pack some bacon!

::cool::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2013, 09:18:18 AM »
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2013, 09:38:11 AM »
  I kind of like the idea of all those Hogs in DC at the same time the slims are there.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2013, 11:19:32 AM »
Hope there is more than one Muhammad Sucks! T-shirt being sported!   ::whoohoo::

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2013, 11:38:25 AM »
And this one ......

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2013, 11:47:12 AM »
Looks like a real hothead.

::laughonfloor::

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2013, 01:39:45 PM »
I'd really love for the bikers to be as forthright as possible. There are plenty of things good and decent Americans can do to offend Islam that fall under the category of "Americana". No need to be overtly bigoted. Just get the message across. Lots of bacon. Make sure the Harley/Hog connection is well understood, and the implication delivered. Clever t-shirts and signs. Bible reading for those so inclined. And bacon.

Above all, I desire for this "ride" to be seen clearly as a rebuke of the Islamic freaks who organize to dance on the graves of those murdered on 9/11/01 and 9/11/12. I want sides to be drawn up, and lines to be more clearly delineated after these "counter" events. I want the American people to regain some sense of solidarity against this perverse cult that threatens the world, and to begin to coalesce around the fact that this cult is an enemy, in every regard.

Not many subcultures speak of raw Americana like the biker subculture. It spans ideologies, politics, incomes, and lifestyles. Perhaps the bikers can shake some sense into people.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2013, 01:50:37 PM »
Did you really mean to write bigoted?  In this context?

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2013, 02:07:38 PM »

Pardon me, and allow me to clarify. Bigoted was a poor choice of word. Period.

What I was advocating - and still do advocate - is an unmistakable passive-aggressive message. Let the Leftists and the 'Slims wail and gnash their teeth over bacon, smiling hog cartoons, scantily-clad women, and Harley Davidsons. We already know they'll wail over "slandering" the (un)holy prophet pedophile. I love "slandering" Mo, and have no problem with it. I meant to convey that the message could be sent without direct "slander", not that it should be.

- Thomas Jefferson

Online benb61

• Established Member
  • My 2 fast cars
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2013, 02:23:56 PM »
I would love to attend but I don't ride anymore (sold my bike years ago) and live too far away to make it.   >:(
Eschew Obfuscation

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2013, 03:00:45 PM »

Pardon me, and allow me to clarify. Bigoted was a poor choice of word. Period.

What I was advocating - and still do advocate - is an unmistakable passive-aggressive message. Let the Leftists and the 'Slims wail and gnash their teeth over bacon, smiling hog cartoons, scantily-clad women, and Harley Davidsons. We already know they'll wail over "slandering" the (un)holy prophet pedophile. I love "slandering" Mo, and have no problem with it. I meant to convey that the message could be sent without direct "slander", not that it should be.

Gotcha, and I appreciate the clarification.

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2013, 08:59:36 PM »
Personally, I hope they are armed with more than bacon.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.