Author Topic: Merged: Shutdown Theater  (Read 18412 times)

RickZ

Re: Merged: Shutdown Theater
« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2013, 02:20:55 PM »
This shutdown crap isn't Kabuki Theater, it's Noh Theater, starring Owebama's huge narcissistic ego.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2013, 03:07:55 PM »
Okay, now laughably ridiculous .......

"Will the government shutdown parade of horribles never end?"

FLOTUS        ? @FLOTUS
Due to Congress’s failure to pass legislation to fund the government, updates to this account will be limited. #Shutdown
12:55 PM - 1 Oct 2013
832 Retweets 210 favorites

http://pjmedia.com/tatler/2013/10/01/flotus-tweets-shutdown-will-shut-down-her-twitter-feed/
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2013, 03:09:25 PM »

FLOTUS        ? @FLOTUS
Due to Congress’s failure to pass legislation to fund the government, updates to this account will be limited. #Shutdown

http://pjmedia.com/tatler/2013/10/01/flotus-tweets-shutdown-will-shut-down-her-twitter-feed/
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2013, 03:16:19 PM »
I don't know what I'll do without Twitter updates from the Gigantic First Transsexual.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2013, 03:31:31 PM »
I think she could forgo one day's new designer outfits, to pay that twitters bill.

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2013, 04:09:33 PM »
Oh Noes Obama can't get in to do his "job"

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2013, 04:18:00 PM »

FLOTUS        ? @FLOTUS

Her Highness can't be expected to update her own twitter feed with bullying threats about our diet, now can she?

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #27 on: October 01, 2013, 04:58:43 PM »
Exactly what is shut down? Besides my daughter and the parks?

My daughter is a civilian employee for the DOD so she isn't working.  But her friend who is a FEMA lawyer is considered essential so she's working.
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline Magnum

« Reply #28 on: October 01, 2013, 05:07:11 PM »
I pray the house doesn't yield to the pressure. And stays shutdown without apology.

More and more is getting out on how much obamacare will actually cost. Just look at THIS (and the comments) as one small example as to the potential cost.

"The silver plan also includes a 30% co-pay on most procedures! The cap on that for a family of 4 is $12,500. Therefore, Amy is set up to pay $24,464 before full coverage kicks in. In other words, she will be paying $24,464 for the equivalent of a catastrophic plan.

But it gets better. Under the CA Covered (CACA) silver plan, you will not be covered if you go to Stanford Medical Center or UCLA Medical Center."

"Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your GOD will be with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:9

RickZ

« Reply #29 on: October 01, 2013, 05:52:26 PM »
Exactly what is shut down?

Not Owebama's mouth, that's for sure.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #30 on: October 02, 2013, 01:31:58 AM »
Good on and God Bless 'em.

Leo Shane III @LeoShane

No attempt to stop any WWII visitors right now. Maybe after the congressmen leave ... #shutdown
12:10 PM - 1 Oct 2013

Word.

Well considering these fascist pigs have made a habit lately of killing 90 year old men with tazers and beanbag rounds, they just might like to do some "Show of Force" exercises against these veterans. 'Cause you know how 90 year olds with walkers need to be thrown to the ground and "proned out", to use the parlance of these stormtroopers.

Bunch of roid-raging meathead fascist scumbags.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #31 on: October 02, 2013, 07:30:27 AM »
Good on and God Bless 'em.

Leo Shane III @LeoShane

No attempt to stop any WWII visitors right now. Maybe after the congressmen leave ... #shutdown
12:10 PM - 1 Oct 2013

Word.

Well considering these fascist pigs have made a habit lately of killing 90 year old men with tazers and beanbag rounds, they just might like to do some "Show of Force" exercises against these veterans. 'Cause you know how 90 year olds with walkers need to be thrown to the ground and "proned out", to use the parlance of these stormtroopers.

Bunch of roid-raging meathead fascist scumbags.

More coming to face down Obama's Shutdown Goons!

http://www.northwestohio.com/news/story.aspx?id=953619

These are proven ass-kickers and life-takers who are unaffraid of Obama's punks!  And, remember that saying about "old men", that applies for these guys magnified several orders!

"When he asked for her name, he says she did not give it to him and then promptly hung up the phone."

Reading between the lines I'd say that's a 90+ year old WWII vet on his way and God help the sorry bastard who gets in his way!

Go to your Memorial gentlemen, it's yours!   ::victory::

We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #32 on: October 02, 2013, 07:35:57 AM »
Kyle Becker · Top Commenter
Do the American people own their own memorials or does the government? That's the fundamental point that needs to be hammered like crazy here. The government claims the right to keep the memorials from the people. But then they're not really the people's memorials, are they?

This ^^.

We're getting a really good demonstration of whose property the Feds believe these are .....

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #33 on: October 02, 2013, 07:47:36 AM »
The United States of America (1787-2013) came to a swift and sudden end last night as the government shut down.

The nation which had survived Pearl Harbor, the War of 1812 and Jimmy Carter ceased to exist. The victims were many. In Chuckolod County, Colorado, a transgender person was denied access to the Ladies Room. Frantic calls to the Justice Department were forwarded to an answering service in Depar, India, instead of Doneparre City, Indiana. In Brooklyn, New York, an overweight Senegalese woman was unable to obtain a sign language interpreter while waiting on line to collect her free Obamaphone. In Olegon Falls, Florida, the National Museum of Native American Yarn was forced to shut down depriving schoolchildren of an educational experience and three hours throwing bits of yarn at each other. - - Sultan Knish

H/T American Digest.org

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #34 on: October 02, 2013, 07:53:43 AM »
I'm with ya, Mag's!  But, history as a guide makes me nervous, so far though...

http://www3.blogs.rollcall.com/218/democrats-turn-back-gops-piecemeal-funding-strategy/

Dem's keep saying no.  The House needs to keep firing things over, even if they know they will get shot down, eventually you would think even the most dense low-info dumbass will hear the Senate Dem's saying "no" enough times and Stymie saying "no" enough times that the real obstructionists to their free shyt is Dem's.  Not holding any hope on that, but, it is what it is.

John Boehner: Obama owns this shutdown now

The proof is in the doing, not the saying, Oh Great and Powerful Weeping Carrot, vigilence or cowardice, which will prevail?

Oh, and speaking of typical gutless cowards...lookie here - 12 House Pubbies Say They'd Back A CR Stripped Of Any ObamaCare Provisions - and you just knew that asshat Peter King was in this group, now didn't ya?!

The Great Weeping Carrot's first challenge...telling these idiots to STFD & STFU!

Good luck with that...

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #35 on: October 02, 2013, 07:56:14 AM »
The United States of America (1787-2013) came to a swift and sudden end last night as the government shut down.

The nation which had survived Pearl Harbor, the War of 1812 and Jimmy Carter ceased to exist. The victims were many. In Chuckolod County, Colorado, a transgender person was denied access to the Ladies Room. Frantic calls to the Justice Department were forwarded to an answering service in Depar, India, instead of Doneparre City, Indiana. In Brooklyn, New York, an overweight Senegalese woman was unable to obtain a sign language interpreter while waiting on line to collect her free Obamaphone. In Olegon Falls, Florida, the National Museum of Native American Yarn was forced to shut down depriving schoolchildren of an educational experience and three hours throwing bits of yarn at each other. - - Sultan Knish

H/T American Digest.org

Heh, good stuff!  Nice pics too.

::thumbsup::

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #36 on: October 02, 2013, 08:37:39 AM »
You've probably seen this elsewhere, but it bears adding to the record here.

Obama Administration Specifically Denied Exception to Permit Veterans to Attend WWII Memorial

Before we go any further, let us note once again how contrived it is to shut down entryways to a wide open space out in the middle of a park.

This is not a building, like a museum, that has doors and staffers and guides. This is f**king scenery.

And yet the erected artificial barriers to block people from walking through outdoor scenery.

Voila! Now we can pretend a memorial standing unsupervised out in the open is a "National Park" or "Open Air Museum" and close it to pedestrian traffic (and people can in fact just walk through this thing in their normal transversing of the city).

Now, that out of the way: They then took the next step.

When they were informed that the Honor Flight was on the way, and that they should make one exception for the veterans of WWII and open up the artificial barriers they had erected to make a political point, they refused...

Palazzo, a Gulf War Marine veteran who has participated in all five of the Honor Flights, blames the White House for making it harder on veterans and playing politics. “At first I thought it was a huge bureaucratic oversight,” Palazzo told The Daily Caller, “but having talked with the officials I can’t help but think this was politically motivated. Honor Flights, which bring WWII veterans to the nation’s memorials, are planned a year in advance and cost anywhere between $80,000 to $100,000. How low can you get with playing politics over our nation’s veterans?”

In a statement, Palazzo noted that he is introducing legislation to ensure that all Honor Flights are granted access this week. “This is an open-air memorial that the public has 24/7 access to under normal circumstances — even when Park Service personnel aren’t present,” Palazzo said in the statement. “It actually requires more effort and expense to shut out these veterans from their Memorial than it would to simply let them through. My office has been in touch with NPS officials and the Administration to try to resolve this issue.”

There are no "schedule hours" for scenery. The monument does not close on weekends, or at night.

Because it's scenery.

It is a feature of the landscape.

And yet these See You Next Tuesdays attempted to create a fake "entryway" into a landscape feature so they could block it off and say "the Building is closed."

And then they doubled down.

More @ AoSHQ
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #37 on: October 02, 2013, 08:51:45 AM »
Apparently today (Wednesday 10/2/13), Park "officials" are using heavy equipment to bring in heavy barricades and have "yellow-taped" around the WWII memorial.

Picture

Motherf**kers.

- Thomas Jefferson

RickZ

« Reply #38 on: October 02, 2013, 09:22:39 AM »
We've never had a more cynically spiteful president than our current one.  This closing of memorials that are public scenery is him having a temper tantrum at being told 'no' by some Republicans.  Even Carter, for all the misery he's engendered, never did shyt like this.

As I said elsewhere, the Pubbies have a winning hand with this 'shutdown' if they knew how to play their cards right, hell, if they even knew what game they were playing.  But they don't.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #39 on: October 02, 2013, 09:26:30 AM »
As I said elsewhere, the Pubbies have a winning hand with this 'shutdown' if they knew how to play their cards right, hell, if they even knew what game they were playing.  But they don't.

At this point, I'm not convinced they would want to win, even if they knew how.

- Thomas Jefferson