Author Topic: Merged: Shutdown Theater  (Read 18416 times)

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
Re: Merged: Shutdown Theater
« Reply #40 on: October 02, 2013, 10:04:13 AM »
With the fall of the government, citizen activists took it upon themselves to chronicle the culture of lawlessness. Men played Gibson guitars made of wood imported from India, but not finished by Indian workers. Women bought cold medicine without a photo ID. Children went hours without hearing lectures about the environment.

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #41 on: October 02, 2013, 10:59:19 AM »

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #42 on: October 02, 2013, 11:06:43 AM »
We've never had a more cynically spiteful president than our current one.  This closing of memorials that are public scenery is him having a temper tantrum at being told 'no' by some Republicans.  Even Carter, for all the misery he's engendered, never did shyt like this.

As I said elsewhere, the Pubbies have a winning hand with this 'shutdown' if they knew how to play their cards right, hell, if they even knew what game they were playing.  But they don't.

That's what it is, making a show of "shutting down" an open-air memorial, pure-D spite; not just toward the Vets -- at all of us.

The Pubbies?  Winning hand?  Did you not get the significance of Boehner's office staff and Reid's double dealing behind the scenes while posing as enemies/opponents for public consumption?

http://itsaboutliberty.com/index.php?topic=9013.msg107897#msg107897

« Last Edit: October 02, 2013, 11:25:42 AM by Pandora »
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #43 on: October 02, 2013, 11:22:53 AM »
Yup.

Traitors within and within within.

::gaah::

ETA - Harry Reid blames Republicans of course for shutdown and Vet's being blocked, and that is what the MFM will parrot...but they are all wrong -

http://dailycaller.com/2013/10/01/obama-admin-knew-about-wwii-veterans-request-and-rejected-it/

More Fedcoats blocking off people from their memorials...

http://weaselzippers.us/2013/10/02/wwii-veterans-plan-to-storm-lincoln-memorial-today-closed-due-to-obama-admin-pettiness/

Thugs!

::gaah::
« Last Edit: October 02, 2013, 11:48:41 AM by Libertas »
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #44 on: October 02, 2013, 11:30:49 AM »
Obama's America, summed up in one photo

Yeah...how's that retarded flirtation with democracy working out for asshats?  Government (Obama) has the power, not you stinking peasants!

Now, go away and watch Amerikan Idle, peon!!!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #45 on: October 02, 2013, 12:20:47 PM »
Two Freedom Flights of veterans, one from Iowa and another from Mississippi, arrived in D.C. today to visit their war memorials, but were halted by barricades. Many of the veterans served in World War II and in Korea. As Bryan Preston noted in an earlier post, several House GOP members intervened to make sure those vets could visit the World War II Memorial.

I happened to be driving by, and received a phone call from a congressional staffer telling me what was going on. I caught some of the scene on video just as several busloads of Freedom Flight vets were about to leave.

In this first video, Rep. Michele Bachmann (MN-6) describes the sequence of events leading to the members of Congress intervening:

... Here, Rep. Louie Gohmert (TX-1) explains why he and his colleagues crashed the Park Service barricades:

... Needless to say, the Park Service was not happy. This spokeswoman, who didn’t explain why she hadn’t been furloughed, tried her best to castigate the members of Congress without appearing cold-hearted:

She explained that any enforcement action taken against the congressmen will have to be decided by her political-appointee bosses.

NextGenerationTV’s Michelle Fields tweets that Park Police have shown up on the scene to expel any remaining vets.

Enforcement action?

Assholes block off a space normally wide open 24/7, requiring money be spent, and this nazi is talking about "enforcement action" against the congressmen?

Oh, and check out the black band across her badge; what do think that's covering?

http://pjmedia.com/tatler/2013/10/01/exclusive-video-house-gop-members-crash-national-park-service-barricade-for-ww2-vets/

Breitbart has the video of her here:

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/10/02/Obama-Administration-Decided-to-Block-Access-to-Memorials
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #46 on: October 02, 2013, 12:25:15 PM »
So are the Vets in or out? I keep reading about the regime redoubling its efforts to keep them out, and then people ignoring the barricades.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #47 on: October 02, 2013, 12:30:55 PM »
Not sure.

NextGenerationTV’s Michelle Fields tweets that Park Police have shown up on the scene to expel any remaining vets.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #48 on: October 02, 2013, 01:32:55 PM »
3 hours ago via twitter @leoshane
New Park Service Statement: "All Honor Flights are being granted access to the #WWIIMemorial to conduct 1st Amendment activities

not letting anyone else conduct first amendment activities
and no word as to whether this "rule" applies to other monuments

http://www.stripes.com/news/park-service-honor-flight-visits-are-a-first-amendment-activity-1.244676 picture at link of sign

Dozens of reporters, crowds singing to and clapping for vets
pictures via Leo Shane:

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline Eupher

• Newb
    • Euph's site
« Reply #49 on: October 02, 2013, 01:47:13 PM »
This shutdown crap isn't Kabuki Theater, it's Noh Theater, starring Owebama's huge narcissistic ego.

^^^This.

Barry is all about creating drama where there is none. It's all part of blaming everybody on the planet but himself. Azzwipe.
U.S. Army, Retired

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #50 on: October 02, 2013, 02:23:44 PM »
Yesterday, the Claude Moore Colonial Farm was ordered closed by the Obama Administration’s National Park Service as a result of the government shutdown.

There’s only one problem: the Claude Moore Colonial Farm isn’t supported by taxes. It’s privately funded and is staffed by volunteers ...

. The Washington Free Beacon reports:

According to Anna Eberly, managing director of the farm, NPS sent law enforcement agents to the park on Tuesday evening to remove staff and volunteers from the property.

“You do have to wonder about the wisdom of an organization that would use staff they don’t have the money to pay to evict visitors from a park site that operates without costing them any money,” she said.

The park withstood prior government shutdowns, noting in a news release that the farm will be closed to the public for the first time in 40 years.

“In previous budget dramas, the Farm has always been exempted since the NPS provides no staff or resources to operate the Farm,” Eberly explained in an emailed statement.

“In all the years I have worked with the National Park Service … I have never worked with a more arrogant, arbitrary and vindictive group representing the NPS,” Eberly said . . .

Arrogant. Arbitrary. Vindictive.

And --

http://pjmedia.com/tatler/2013/10/02/shutdown-national-park-service-closes-self-sustaining-colonial-farm-it-hasnt-supported-since-1980/?singlepage=true

« Last Edit: October 02, 2013, 04:07:41 PM by Pandora »

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #51 on: October 02, 2013, 02:30:43 PM »
Stephen Hayes        ? @stephenfhayes

At the WWII Memorial, Carol Johnson w/the Park Service says they were told to close the site by White House's Office of Management & Budget.
10:44 AM - 2 Oct 2013

"The OMB, or Office of Management and Budget is part of the executive branch and reports directly to President Obama."

http://twitchy.com/2013/10/02/barry-cades-confirmed-park-service-says-obama-admin-ordered-closure-of-world-war-ii-memorial/

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #52 on: October 02, 2013, 02:39:32 PM »

Representative Michele Bachmann taunted by DC resident at National WWII Memorial

also via @leoshane 8 min ago:
Park Police news only pertained to the Honor Flights. Any group (less than 25) has the right to peaceably assemble.

Wish I could get to DC!
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #53 on: October 02, 2013, 02:42:59 PM »
shut down=show down

if not now, when?

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #54 on: October 02, 2013, 02:50:27 PM »
Now, dammit.

WAR.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #55 on: October 02, 2013, 02:54:11 PM »
Me too.

But I'd end up arrested .... for being lippy.  Or something. ::saywhat::

Offline pisskop

• Bump me, America!
« Reply #56 on: October 02, 2013, 02:58:01 PM »
 ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA::

I'm waiting for Obama to put a tarp over the Washington Monument and blame the Repubs.
[MANNERISM_THREAD:lurk]

Today's ??? (_01OCT13_):

Quote from: midcan5;1330627
'Conservative' in America has come to be taken over by 'power.'

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #57 on: October 02, 2013, 02:59:09 PM »
Me too.

But I'd end up arrested .... for being lippy.  Or something. ::saywhat::

I just went to the Natl parks website and they've shut that down (ah, the servers keep working without the government, duh) because of the "shut down" so I couldn't search for natl parks in my state.  I don't know where they are in my state but no doubt some of these parks are natl

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #58 on: October 02, 2013, 03:04:30 PM »
There's been some preliminary whining in the local paper about whether "this will affect us in NC" as far as national whatevers.

And I'm thinking, GOOD!  I hope it DOES!  Maybe asswipes everywhere will get to rethinking the wisdom of the Feds having their weinies in all soups.

Reading more and more of this BS today has left me rip yer face off growly.  Can ya tell?

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #59 on: October 02, 2013, 03:05:57 PM »

Reading more and more of this BS today has left me rip yer face off growly.  Can ya tell?

You? nooooooooo

;D