Author Topic: The Battle over East vs West (Russia vs Europe) continues in Ukraine  (Read 92886 times)

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: The Battle over East vs West (Russia vs Europe) continues in Ukraine
« Reply #1480 on: May 03, 2023, 04:26:24 PM »
It was an assassination attempt on Putin! If he was strapped to the flag pole.

I would guess it is a "symbolic" attack by Kiev but not for attribution. I recall there have been some in the past. However, wouldn't it have to be launched close up?

Yes, whoever did it had to be fairly close by...like in the hundreds of yards not klicks...
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #1481 on: May 05, 2023, 09:05:34 AM »
Just beginning the drone wars have...

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/least-21-russian-cities-cancel-v-day-parades-tit-tat-drone-war-heats

...and more boom-boom going East...

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/air-launched-hydra-70-rockets-approved-1st-time-300m-ukraine-package

...wonder how many actually will make it to the Uke battle lines?

As for this....

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/discord-leaks-created-tension-frustration-between-us-ukraine

Whatever.  Should NOT be in this sh*tshow anyway...let everybody piss and moan...don't care...

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #1482 on: May 05, 2023, 11:48:16 AM »
These neocons never think even one step ahead.
I have often wondered why Russia does not give nasty weapon to Mexican or US drug gangs. They might use them on each other or the DEA or police. The US southern border could be turned into a no fly zone.

Also, Col. Macgregor noted that some of the leaked classified documents were of the classification that the alleged leaker would not have legitimate access to. So someone else screwed up at the least.
When the law becomes a ruse, lawlessness becomes legitimate. -unknown

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #1483 on: May 05, 2023, 01:15:46 PM »
These neocons never think even one step ahead.
I have often wondered why Russia does not give nasty weapon to Mexican or US drug gangs. They might use them on each other or the DEA or police. The US southern border could be turned into a no fly zone.

Also, Col. Macgregor noted that some of the leaked classified documents were of the classification that the alleged leaker would not have legitimate access to. So someone else screwed up at the least.

It's more than NeoCons...that term is so dated, yet people still use it, incorrectly I would argue...it used to be reserved for interventionalist pubbies...but there are interventionalist dems, saying NeoCon gives a pass the Dems they do not deserve...

It's UniParty interventionalists, members of the global pedo totalitarian elite who only care about power and wealth and don't really give a rats hairy ass who else gets harmed in their schemes as long as it is not them...

Perhaps the Rus are as dumb as the Americans and think fingerprints don't matter...but I suspect the Mexican scenario you suggest is unnecessary when the Americans under a corrupt and illegitimate government are doing more to kill off their nation without Rus or anybody else's help...

As for the leak....there has still been NO refutation of the content...they are too busy wanting to execute the messenger and tighten down leaks to only those the DeepState desires and the insufferable and treasonous lapdog media is all too eager to comply...being the good little goosestepping totalitarians they are...

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #1484 on: May 05, 2023, 02:03:53 PM »
You are right about the neocons.  Some just use the term "uniparty."

BTW immigrant gangs in Sweden used military equipment from Yugoslavia to fight each other, including lots of grenades.

I had this on. Still on in background. Too long to watch for most. Mark Sleboda goes into lots of details on Ukraine and Russian politics and history. He says that when running for office, Zelensky said Ukrainians and Russians were one people. That helped get him elected as this was a pro peace platform. Putin said the same thing and this was denounced as propaganda. He goes into how and when the other political parties were banned in Ukraine.

Mark Sleboda is US ex pat. Ex US Navy. Lives and works in Moscow.
https://youtu.be/qwRF7FYWIyI
 New Atlas LIVE: Talking Ukraine's Offensive & More with Mark Sleboda
The New Atlas

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #1485 on: May 05, 2023, 04:50:50 PM »
More on the above video. Mark thinks that Kiev can keep this up for  long time. Whatever is left of Ukraine will be armed by the west to harm Russia. No written agreements will be honored, if any written, any more than the Minsk agreements. The US will not allow any countries to remain neutral. Kiev will keep conscripting people and throwing them into defense in trenches and buildings as in Backhmut.  There is not much blowback in Ukraine because Kiev conscripts from mostly ethnic Russians and pro Russian areas, also some Hungarian minorities. They avoid blow back and kill off political opposition.

Mark notes that the 100K people who fled Russia after the invasion were political enemies of Putin who self deported. Maybe one reason for the lack of protests. Most were in no danger of having to fight as they were not past military.

Mark compared Ukraine to Syria. When will that end? Did Russia "win"?  Turkey occupies part and the US occupies part with no signs of leaving.

There are 5 million Ukrainians inside Russia. 3 M since the war started. So possible saboteurs abound. He expects more sabotage.  Mark said some drones ran out of fuel in the week before en route to Moscow. Maybe dry runs? 

If decades of USSR could not eliminate the Banderites then Putin will fail also no matter what. Maybe the Wagner guy was trying to lure more Kiev troops into Bakhmut?

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #1486 on: May 08, 2023, 09:28:07 AM »
Since all sides are entrenched and immovable there is really only two ways things can go - a wider more destructive direction or a protracted proxy war lasting decades in a nation which will be bifurcated and largely uninhabitable for non-combatants.

As for this - https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/growing-pushback-over-blackrock-ukraine-taxpayers-pay-war-bills-private-firms-get-profits

Well, yeah.  What did you expect?  A pivot to Moscow?   ::hysterical::  Even more hysterically...a move to real independence?   ::laughonfloor::

Neither Master will allow true independence...and once souls are sold there is no turning back...I find it a sign of mental incapacity for those who fail to know this simple truth.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2023, 09:33:16 AM by Libertas »

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #1487 on: May 08, 2023, 12:05:29 PM »
I remember someone saying that 90% of the money for Afghanistan never left the beltway. I guess that makes sense as money buys weapons etc. and the weapons go to Afghanistan.

I assume something similar is true of Ukraine.   It also explains the reasons for the US support. The military industrial complex tithes a percent to congress.

The horrible part of this war for the US is the blow back in the financial realm. The US sanctions have lead to horrible long term results for the US.

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #1488 on: May 08, 2023, 01:53:03 PM »
But Dems have always liked sanctions and starting wars they cannot win...but winning is way down the list of desired outcomes, accruing more wealth and power for themselves and their fellow corrupt donors and keeping off the DeepState radar for retribution is...and on the other side only equally corrupt Cucks are in on it...

Corrupt elections have consequences...and consequences have just begun to suck...

The main dynamics in terms of outcome is no different for the Chi-Coms or the Rus...wealth & power...they just care equally as much about winning because losing has cumulative downstream effects...corrupt Americans are terminally short-sighted...worse yet, they don't care...

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #1489 on: May 10, 2023, 09:57:54 AM »
https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/nato-air-units-high-alert-after-near-miss-between-russian-polish-aircraft

Near Romania?  Rus venturing further West, eh?

Next - warning shots.

And if that doesn't provoke an expanded war, we always have other Black Sea shenanigans...Baltic shenanigans...yadda yadda yadda....

In other news -

https://www.zerohedge.com/economics/what-will-happen-if-russia-blocks-black-sea-grain-ships

Hilarious, if Russia does this...they'll be denying Ukraine's top grain buyer and their nominal Lord (China)!

::hysterical::

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #1490 on: May 10, 2023, 02:36:18 PM »

The reporting on the "grain deal" has always been very poor. I understand the part about farmers in some countries not wanting to have prices driven down by Ukrainian imports. Also claims of pesticide residues, true or not.

From skimming headlines, Russia claims there were two main parts to the grain deal and the second part which benefited them was not met. I have no idea about any details.

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #1491 on: May 11, 2023, 08:00:47 AM »
Seems to me they are one of the beneficiaries in Ukraine grain not hitting the market...more sales for them...and they have to sell to their Lord first and anybody else starving gets the shaft...

As for this...(is odd for me to say) but the UN guy is probably more right than (not odd for me to say) Kissinger...

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/un-chief-says-ukraine-peace-talks-not-possible-grain-deal-teeters

...and the current Rus & West/Uke positions are totally unchanged, making Kissinger look more incorrect.

The only way Kissinger could be right is if that darkest before the dawn stuff pans out...

I remain highly skeptical...
« Last Edit: May 11, 2023, 08:49:04 AM by Libertas »

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #1492 on: May 12, 2023, 08:52:22 AM »
https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/us-attorney-general-approves-transfer-seized-assets-russia-oligarch-ukraine

Would Russia declare Herr Garland a war criminal?  Would they snatch him and hold a public trial in Moscow?

Just curious...

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #1493 on: May 12, 2023, 01:15:08 PM »
When these seizures were first proposed many like the US fed argued against them as they would harm the US. The US is apparently the most popular place for shady characters to stash their money. Now they will likely spread their loot around more.

I often wonder about the legal basis for seizing such cash. How sound are they?
According to Michael Hudson, as I best recall, he was part of some study that resulted in the US becoming a repository of dark money from around the globe. Now what?

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #1494 on: May 12, 2023, 01:49:01 PM »
Garland Nixon made a point. Europe would not give away all their weapons if they really thought that Russia was going to attack them.

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #1495 on: May 12, 2023, 02:05:20 PM »
I don't know about a dark shelter...to do that with all our laws and crap...would require the intervention of DeepState allies to "wash" any such evidence...not saying impossible just perhaps very unlikely because any hint that that is going on could shoot public confidence into the toilet and cause a systemic crash.  The investment opportunities here in terms of assets though I can see as attractive.

As for smart, no it's stupid.  The legality is shaky but what avenue do victims of it really have to go to for grievances?  International law says assets cannot be seized without being provided fair compensation while also extending protections to state assets but not individuals that run afoul of host nation laws not in conflict with international laws.  Such "wartime" laws a nation has may be lawful in that nation but run afoul of international law.  The international courts (International Court of Justice being one) could hear a case and make a ruling, but if the court has no enforcement ability it is kind of a hollow victory.  The most likely result is in-kind retaliatory seizures.  But how many prominent Americans have assets in Russia to seize?  I have no idea, so it may result in other unforeseen developments.  Also, as we have seen, sanctions have only hurt ourselves more than them.  But stupid never stopped an idiot from doing something stupid if it gives them the optics of doing something even if it is causing self-inflicted harm.

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #1496 on: May 12, 2023, 02:07:02 PM »
Garland Nixon made a point. Europe would not give away all their weapons if they really thought that Russia was going to attack them.

They would if they were stupid.

It might in fact invite it.

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #1497 on: May 12, 2023, 02:33:27 PM »
I do not understand all this international law and I doubt any neutrality. The main point is that lots of people stash assets in the US and they wonder when they might be declared the enemy.

I read some article. It said that that there were hundreds of billions of Russian assets to be seized by the EU. However they mostly disappeared. Some one went into bonds and how they could be sold to other people who had every right to sell them.

In addition to Hudson, there was some documentary on Britain, The Spider's Wed, about how Britain established a similar network for dark money to end up in Britain. Again, over my head. Hudson said there was something similar due to the US.

https://youtu.be/np_ylvc8Zj8
 The Spider's Web: Britain's Second Empire | Documentary Film
Independent POV
119K subscribers
5,388,078 views  Sep 14, 2018
Michael Oswald's film The Spider's Web reveals how at the demise of empire, City of London financial interests created a web of secrecy jurisdictions that captured wealth from across the globe and hid it in a web of offshore islands. Today, up to half of global offshore wealth is hidden in British jurisdictions and Britain and its dependencies are the largest global players in the world of international finance.

Also
https://youtu.be/gyk12Wf_TeQ
 How London became the dirty money capital of the world | FT Film
Financial Times
901K subscribers
1,329,439 views  Apr 21, 2022  #dirtymoney #VladimirPutin #cash
Russian oligarchs and companies have been investing in London for two decades, encouraged by British politicians of all stripes, but critics say the 'London laundromat' cleans dirty money from Russia and across the globe. The FT examines why it took Russia's invasion of Ukraine to put the issue in the spotlight and whether new sanctions and measures to tackle the problem go far enough. Read more at https://on.ft.com/3OtRKpp

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #1498 on: May 15, 2023, 07:37:40 AM »
I do not understand all this international law and I doubt any neutrality. The main point is that lots of people stash assets in the US and they wonder when they might be declared the enemy.

I read some article. It said that that there were hundreds of billions of Russian assets to be seized by the EU. However they mostly disappeared. Some one went into bonds and how they could be sold to other people who had every right to sell them.

In addition to Hudson, there was some documentary on Britain, The Spider's Wed, about how Britain established a similar network for dark money to end up in Britain. Again, over my head. Hudson said there was something similar due to the US.

https://youtu.be/np_ylvc8Zj8
 The Spider's Web: Britain's Second Empire | Documentary Film
Independent POV
119K subscribers
5,388,078 views  Sep 14, 2018
Michael Oswald's film The Spider's Web reveals how at the demise of empire, City of London financial interests created a web of secrecy jurisdictions that captured wealth from across the globe and hid it in a web of offshore islands. Today, up to half of global offshore wealth is hidden in British jurisdictions and Britain and its dependencies are the largest global players in the world of international finance.

Also
https://youtu.be/gyk12Wf_TeQ
 How London became the dirty money capital of the world | FT Film
Financial Times
901K subscribers
1,329,439 views  Apr 21, 2022  #dirtymoney #VladimirPutin #cash
Russian oligarchs and companies have been investing in London for two decades, encouraged by British politicians of all stripes, but critics say the 'London laundromat' cleans dirty money from Russia and across the globe. The FT examines why it took Russia's invasion of Ukraine to put the issue in the spotlight and whether new sanctions and measures to tackle the problem go far enough. Read more at https://on.ft.com/3OtRKpp

Russia did it when Lenin took power...nationalized everything and sent the foreign devils running...

What does he (and others we can bring up) have in common with The Kenyan's shadow government?

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #1499 on: May 17, 2023, 08:56:34 AM »
https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/russia-mulls-severing-ties-poland-us-supplied-himars-deployed-near-kaliningrad

Meh, whatever...

Minor sideshow...

But that hunk of land sandwiched between Poland and Lithuania...has no right being anchored to Russia, come on, man?!

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/france-join-us-uk-training-ukrainian-fighter-pilots

Nice, the lack of entertaining aerial combat footage is so boring...

Now, this looks really interesting...

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/hungary-blocks-eu500-million-eu-weapons-funding-ukraine-after-kiev-sanctions-hungarys

Z exhibits strange methods of winning support from people sometimes...

::hysterical::