Author Topic: Rice emerges as VP frontrunner  (Read 4793 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Rice emerges as VP frontrunner
« on: July 12, 2012, 07:11:20 PM »
ROMNEY NARROWS VP CHOICES; CONDI EMERGES AS FRONTRUNNER
Thu Jul 12 2012 19:30:01 ET

www.drudgereport.com/flashcm.htm

Oh please!  Just kill me now!

"Mildly" pro-choice, pro-affirmative action -- NOT A CONSERVATIVE.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

charlesoakwood

Re: Rice emerges as VP frontrunner
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2012, 07:17:36 PM »

Rice is nice West is best  ;D

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2012, 07:19:08 PM »
Anytime Republicans try to play the "We've Got One of Those Too!" ethnic pandering game, it ends up biting them in the ass. "Mildly" pro-choice? Well pardon the analogy, but isn't that like being mildly pregnant?
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2012, 07:22:28 PM »
Hey, if politics is gonna boil down to identity politics (puke) you can't do much better than a smart black chick.

That said, I've always admired Rice, and in spite of her participation in the Bush administration, I don't see many negatives politically.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2012, 07:24:08 PM »
I meant ASIDE FROM, not in spite of. I can't edit from my dumbphone.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2012, 07:37:17 PM »
Anytime Republicans try to play the "We've Got One of Those Too!" ethnic pandering game, it ends up biting them in the ass. "Mildly" pro-choice? Well pardon the analogy, but isn't that like being mildly pregnant?

::gaah::

::angry::

I'm coming around to thinking we DO need a "shoot oneself in the head" emoticon.

He/they want "Black woman"?  That's what they'll get; Black.  Woman.  Not patriot, not upholder of the Constitution, not future presidential candidate; someone who looks at issues through the lenses of Black and feminist.

She talks and talks and talks, wordswordswordswords, and either is saying nothing or every word needs careful parsing.

"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2012, 07:45:54 PM »
But she IS clean and articulate. And since she's a woman, "poised" would be a good adjective.

I bet even Harry Reid would agree.

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2012, 07:46:39 PM »
But she IS clean and articulate. And since she's a woman, "poised" would be a good adjective.

I bet even Harry Reid would agree.

Stop.  Willya stop!  Yer killin' me.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2012, 07:47:11 PM »
Jeepers. I meant Joe Biden, not Harry Reid.

Maybe I should just stopo on the phone.

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2012, 07:47:41 PM »
Lol. Stopo on the phono.

- Thomas Jefferson

charlesoakwood

« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2012, 07:51:46 PM »

She looks great in spike heeled leather ;D but she will lose the South.
West knows how to subordinate himself and how to attack and retreat,
West is best.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2012, 08:20:46 PM »
This is a Ruling Class nomination, period.

Having said that I am understandably against it.

Also by that logic it probably means the choice is likely.

Confidence?  Hope?  Enthusiasm?  Impact?

(Yawn)
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline BigAlSouth

• Established Member
  • Who won't 'co-exist?'
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2012, 09:07:14 PM »
As much as I admire Dr. Rice, she is simply Colon Powell with a vagina . . .
The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living
are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.
--------------
The enemy of my enemy is my friend; the friend of my enemy is, well, he is just a dumbass.

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2012, 09:17:22 PM »
Agreed ::thumbsup::
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2012, 09:18:01 PM »

BINGO!

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2012, 09:34:58 PM »
How do you know "she" has a vagina? Ever check out that adam's apple?

::thinking:: ::unknowncomic:: ::exitstageleft::

- Thomas Jefferson

charlesoakwood

« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2012, 09:47:35 PM »

Powell is an entitlement baby Ms. Rice is not.
Powell is a political man Ms. Rice is not.

Cream - Politician (Farewell Concert - Extended Edition) (4 of 11)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2012, 10:15:58 PM »

Powell is an entitlement baby Ms. Rice is not.
Powell is a political man Ms. Rice is not.

Cream - Politician (Farewell Concert - Extended Edition) (4 of 11)

Of course she is.  Black woman?  You're kidding me.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2012, 01:02:30 AM »

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2012, 03:27:21 AM »
I get your point in posting the video Pan. But I think that a fair look at Rice's comment must also note that in the days and weeks after November 4th 2008, Republicans and conservatives in the public eye were tripping over themselves in a mad rush to say what a wonderful thing it was that the American people elected a Black man. I found it sickening from all of them, not just Rice. And not because he's Black, but because skin color shouldn't matter, and I knew who he was.

- Thomas Jefferson